|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did Albert Bronzini teach at Matt's school?
2. What passion do Eddie and Albert share?
3. What killer does this section introduce?
4. What is the name of Richard's friend?
5. Which two teams are competing for the World Series in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do people in Phoenix think about Nick's roots?
2. Who was the Texas Highway Killer?
3. Why did sister Edgar stop hitting kids?
4. What do we find out about Nick's past in this section?
5. What does Nick think about meeting Klara after all these years?
6. Who was Albert Bronzini?
7. Why does Mike think his mother should stay in New York?
8. How did Bobby Thompson's home run affect people?
9. Who does Nick say Brian believes he is?
10. Why does Nick think his mother should move to Phoenix?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Klara's character at the beginning of the novel? How does her character change through the novel? How does the author express this change? What events have the biggest impact on Klara's life and why?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the stories and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
What is Manx's role in the novel? What meaning does his character give the novel? How would the novel change if Manx was not a character in the novel?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)