|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Richard's friend?
2. What kind of car is the Texas Highway Killer driving in the tape?
3. What does Hoover think of when he looks at the picture by Bruegel?
4. Where is Marian driving to in chapter two?
5. What does Cotter find at the end of the game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mike think his mother should stay in New York?
2. What does this section say about the Texas Highway Killer?
3. What does Sims say happened to Donnie Moore?
4. Why does Nick have his mother's surname instead of his father's?
5. What do we find out about Nick's past in this section?
6. Why does Nick's wife like Nick's mother?
7. How does Marian react to Nick's fling with Donna?
8. How does Nick know Klara Sax?
9. How do Matt and Nick's views on their father differ?
10. What problems does Edgar Hoover have with his appearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Lenny Bruce? Why does the author include him as a character in his novel?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)