|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lundy think there were 20,000 empty seats at the Dodger Giants World Series game?
2. Which one of the following celebrities are at the game?
3. Who buys Marvin's baseball from him?
4. What is the child taping in chapter one?
5. What passion do Eddie and Albert share?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marian react to Nick's fling with Donna?
2. How did Nick's son change after the LA riots?
3. How does Cotter get into the baseball game without paying?
4. Why does Nick's wife like Nick's mother?
5. What does Sims say happened to Donnie Moore?
6. How did Bobby Thompson's home run affect people?
7. What did Marian always want Nick to talk about?
8. Who was Albert Bronzini?
9. Why is Nick upset with Marian before he leaves for work?
10. Why does Nick think his mother should move to Phoenix?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Cold War effect American society in the fifties? How are characters such as Nick effected by the events of the Cold War later on in their lives?
Essay Topic 3
How does the disappearance of their father effect Nick and Matt? How different would their lives have been if their father stayed?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)