|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick stare at after his dream?
2. What does Cotter find at the end of the game?
3. Where is Nick living in this section?
4. What is Sue Ann Corcoran's job?
5. What is the season in chapter three?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did sister Edgar stop hitting kids?
2. Why does Nick's wife like Nick's mother?
3. Who does Nick say Brian believes he is?
4. What do people in Phoenix think about Nick's roots?
5. How does Marian react to Nick's fling with Donna?
6. How does Cotter get into the baseball game without paying?
7. Why does Mike think his mother should stay in New York?
8. Who was the Texas Highway Killer?
9. Who was Albert Bronzini?
10. What problems does Edgar Hoover have with his appearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Cold War effect American society in the fifties? How are characters such as Nick effected by the events of the Cold War later on in their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What decisions do the students think Klara regrets in his life? Choose one of the decisions Klara regrets and discuss how his life would have been different if she had taken a different decision?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)