|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What passion do Eddie and Albert share?
2. What is the name of the Jackie Gleason program Nick's mother likes to watch?
3. What does Alma do at the Friary?
4. What is the name of the Giant's manager?
5. Where is Albert sitting to think about Eddie at the end of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did sister Edgar stop hitting kids?
2. How does Jackie Gleason entertain members of the crowd?
3. How does Manx sell the baseball?
4. How does Nick kill George?
5. Describe Moonman's work,
6. Describe Lenny Bruce's performance in Miami in October 1962?
7. What does Matt want Janet to tell him?
8. How did Bobby Thompson's home run affect people?
9. In what way are the men in the bar Nick and Sims go to all hair?
10. What did Marian always want Nick to talk about?
Essay Topic 1
How did the Cold War effect American society in the fifties? How are characters such as Nick effected by the events of the Cold War later on in their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
What is post modernism? In what way is Don De Lillo a post modern writer?
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)