|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick stare at after his dream?
2. Where does Marian meet Brian?
3. Who hits the home run for the Giants?
4. What is Condomology?
5. Who does Glassic say has the baseball from the Bobby Thomson game?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe Clyde Tolson?
2. Why is Nick upset with Marian before he leaves for work?
3. Who was Albert Bronzini?
4. What is Marian doing at the beginning of this section?
5. What does this section say about Klara's love life?
6. Describe Lenny Bruce's performance in Miami in October 1962?
7. What problems does Edgar Hoover have with his appearance?
8. How does Nick know Klara Sax?
9. What do the fragments portray in this section?
10. Why does Nick say his mother likes Jackie Gleason so much?
Essay Topic 1
Who was Lenny Bruce? Why does the author include him as a character in his novel?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the stories and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 1,242 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)