|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company does Jane Farsih work for?
2. Which two teams are competing for the World Series in this section?
3. Who does Glassic say has the baseball from the Bobby Thomson game?
4. What is the name of the Lexus driver?
5. How does Cotter Martin get into the Giants Dodger game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Moonman's work,
2. How does the author describe Clyde Tolson?
3. Why does Marian say she takes heroin?
4. What do we find out about Nick's past in this section?
5. What does this section say about Klara's love life?
6. What is Marian doing at the beginning of this section?
7. Describe Bruce's performance in Chicago in October 1962?
8. In what way are the men in the bar Nick and Sims go to all hair?
9. Why does Nick have his mother's surname instead of his father's?
10. Why does Hoover appreciate Truman's timing in the announcement of the Soviet bomb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does baseball play in the lives of the character? What reasons does the author give for baseball's popularity? What role does baseball play in American society? Why do you think it has become so popular?
Essay Topic 2
What is post modernism? In what way is Don De Lillo a post modern writer?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)