|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Sister Alma Edgar no longer teach?
2. What has Marvin hired people to examine in order to find out what happened to the baseball?
3. What does Richard give his father before he drives to his friend's house?
4. What does the woman do for a living?
5. Who does the author call the voice of the Giants?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Nick say Brian believes he is?
2. Why does Mike think his mother should stay in New York?
3. What does this section say about the Texas Highway Killer?
4. Why did sister Edgar stop hitting kids?
5. How does Jackie Gleason entertain members of the crowd?
6. How does Marian react to Nick's fling with Donna?
7. What do people in Phoenix think about Nick's roots?
8. How does Cotter get into the baseball game without paying?
9. What problems does Edgar Hoover have with his appearance?
10. Who was the Texas Highway Killer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the story about Cotter Martin linked to the rest of the story and the characters? Why doesn´t the author continue Cotter's story? How do you think he would have reacted to his father selling the baseball?
Essay Topic 2
What is post modernism? In what way is Don De Lillo a post modern writer?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)