|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman do for a living?
2. What kind of car is the man driving across the desert?
3. What does Nick think has happened to his father?
4. What does Matt think has happened to their father?
5. What does Brian want to talk about instead of baseball?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick kill George?
2. What do we find out about Nick's past in this section?
3. What is the scene at the Yankee stadium when Manx arrives?
4. How do Matt and Nick's views on their father differ?
5. What do we find out about Carlo Strasse in this section?
6. Describe Lenny Bruce's performance in New York in October 1962?
7. Describe Bruce's performance in Chicago in October 1962?
8. How does Marian react to Nick's fling with Donna?
9. What does this section say about the Texas Highway Killer?
10. Why does Nick think his mother should move to Phoenix?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the Texas Highway killing significant to the story? Why do you think the author does explore the killings and the murderer further?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Lenny Bruce? Why does the author include him as a character in his novel?
Essay Topic 3
What decisions do the students think Klara regrets in his life? Choose one of the decisions Klara regrets and discuss how his life would have been different if she had taken a different decision?
This section contains 1,319 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)