|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening in August 1964?
(a) A Wall Street demonstration.
(b) A civil rights demonstration.
(c) A Vietnam demonstration.
(d) A murder investigation.
2. Why is it noisy when Marian is talking on the phone?
(a) Students are protesting outside.
(b) Constructive workers are working in her building.
(c) Her neighbors are having a party.
(d) She is having a party.
3. What kind of pilot is Louis T. Bakey?
(a) A concorde pilot.
(b) A red arrow pilot.
(c) A spitfire pilot.
(d) A B52 pilot.
4. Where is Lenny Bruce performing at the end of this section?
(a) The Establishment.
(b) Madison Square Gardens.
(c) The LA comedy club.
(d) Miami Beach.
5. What kind of agency does Charlie work for?
(a) A job agency.
(b) A sport agency.
(c) A casting agency.
(d) An ad agency.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ismael riding a train to in this section?
2. Why is the ship rumored to be carrying heroin?
3. What does the super accuse Manx of stealing?
4. What two people does the comedian tell a story about?
5. Who does Nick meet from grade school in chapter seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick get a job at the soft drink company?
2. What do we find out about Carlo Strasse in this section?
3. How does the author describe Lenny Bruce?
4. How did Rosemary meet Mr. Imperato?
5. What is Marian doing at the beginning of this section?
6. What do Miles and Klara do together int his section?
7. What does this section say about Klara's love life?
8. What is the scene at the Yankee stadium when Manx arrives?
9. Describe the life Nick had growing up?
10. What does this section say about how society is changing?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)