|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Nick and Amy travel to Mexico in July 1959?
(a) For a holiday.
(b) To get a divorce.
(c) To get an abortion.
(d) To escape jail.
2. Where does Klara visit while Miles talks to an Israeli gangster?
(a) Watts Tower.
(b) Universal Studios.
(c) MGM Studios.
(d) Beverly Hills.
3. Why does Matt say his work is important?
(a) He makes weapns safer to handle.
(b) He protects America from its enemies.
(c) He is prolonging world peace.
(d) He helps safe guard the nation.
4. What is the name of the person who claims to have mystical visions in this section?
(a) Davis Love.
(b) Pope Lively.
(c) David Martin.
(d) Pope Pius.
5. What is Nick talking to JuJu about in chapter two?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) The benefits of a regular job.
(d) The benefits of marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lundy buy from the souvenir baseball shop?
2. What is the name of Nick and Matt's father?
3. What character in part four has just turned 54?
4. Where does Bronzoni read his newspaper?
5. Why is it noisy when Marian is talking on the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the scene at the Yankee stadium when Manx arrives?
2. How does Manx react to the super's accusations that he stole the shovels?
3. How did Rosemary meet Mr. Imperato?
4. How does the author describe Lenny Bruce?
5. Describe Bruce's performance in Chicago in October 1962?
6. How does Manx sell the baseball?
7. Describe Lenny Bruce's performance in New York in October 1962?
8. What does Matt tell Janet about his work?
9. What do Miles and Klara do together int his section?
10. What is Albert doing at the beginning of part six?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)