|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two teams are competing for the World Series in this section?
(a) The 49ers and the Runners.
(b) The Bears and the Orioles.
(c) The Dodgers and the Giants.
(d) The Redskins and the Mets.
2. What passion do Eddie and Albert share?
(a) A passion for soccer.
(b) A passion for cats.
(c) A passion for dogs.
(d) A passion for chess.
3. What subject did Albert Bronzini teach at Matt's school?
4. Where is Marian driving to in chapter two?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. What message does Cotter have for his father?
(a) HIs doctor has the results.
(b) His mother wants a divorce.
(c) His friend Jack wants to meet him for a beer.
(d) His super wants to talk to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ride do Nick and his wife enjoy in this section?
2. Who hits the home run for the Giants?
3. In which state is Phoenix?
4. What kind of firm does Bill Patterson own?
5. What drug does Marian prepare for herself in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Albert Bronzini?
2. Why did sister Edgar stop hitting kids?
3. How does Nick know Klara Sax?
4. Who was the Texas Highway Killer?
5. What did Marian always want Nick to talk about?
6. In what way are the men in the bar Nick and Sims go to all hair?
7. Why does Nick say his mother likes Jackie Gleason so much?
8. How did Nick's son change after the LA riots?
9. How does Cotter get into the baseball game without paying?
10. Why does Nick think his mother should move to Phoenix?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)