|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the child taping in chapter one?
(a) A rape.
(b) A homocide.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A birthday.
2. At what kind of restaurant does Marvin eat in chapter four?
3. Who does Glassic say has the baseball from the Bobby Thomson game?
4. What is the cargo ship that has been sailing for two years carrying?
(a) Dead bodies.
(c) Toxic waste.
(d) Nuclear explosives.
5. Who does the author call the voice of the Giants?
(a) Bill Waterson.
(b) Russ Hodges.
(c) Jackie Gleason.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nick daughter's life change in this section?
2. Who drives Alma to the friary?
3. What does Marian like to hear stories about?
4. What is the name of Cotter's father?
5. What does Matt think has happened to their father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Albert Bronzini?
2. Why did sister Edgar stop hitting kids?
3. Why is Nick upset with Marian before he leaves for work?
4. What did Marian always want Nick to talk about?
5. Who was the Texas Highway Killer?
6. Why does Nick's wife like Nick's mother?
7. What do people in Phoenix think about Nick's roots?
8. Why does Marian say she takes heroin?
9. Why does Nick have his mother's surname instead of his father's?
10. Why does Nick say his mother likes Jackie Gleason so much?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)