|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Want does Manx want to do with the baseball?
(a) Give it back to the Giants.
(b) Give it to a museum.
(c) Frame it.
(d) Sell it.
2. Who does Nick want to read about in Time Magazine?
(a) Boris Becker.
(b) Sister Alma Edgar.
(c) Steffi Graf.
(d) Klara Sax.
3. Who does Nick remember at the end of the chapter who has been dead for years?
(a) Babe Ruth.
(b) Russ Hodges.
(c) Jackie Gleason.
(d) His father.
4. What is the name of Matt and Nick's mother?
5. What kind of firm does Bill Patterson own?
(a) A car lot.
(b) A chicken farm.
(c) A telephone company.
(d) A construction firm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which patient does Edgar think has Aids?
2. What is the name of Cotter's father?
3. What does Rafferty tell Hoover?
4. Where does Richard work?
5. How does Cotter Martin get into the Giants Dodger game?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nick's son change after the LA riots?
2. What does Sims say happened to Donnie Moore?
3. How does Marian react to Nick's fling with Donna?
4. Who was the Texas Highway Killer?
5. What problems does Edgar Hoover have with his appearance?
6. Who does Nick say Brian believes he is?
7. How do Matt and Nick's views on their father differ?
8. How does Nick know Klara Sax?
9. In what way are the men in the bar Nick and Sims go to all hair?
10. Why is Nick upset with Marian before he leaves for work?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)