|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is Marian having an affair with?
2. What is the name of the Giant's manager?
(a) Russ Hodges.
(b) Dieter Bruegel.
(c) Leo Durocher.
(d) Bill Waterson.
3. What does Marvin tell Brian he has searched for from the Dodger Giants game?
(a) The baseball bat.
(b) The baseball.
(c) The program.
(d) The tickets.
4. Who does Big Sims say owns the Waste Containment company?
(a) The government.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The mob.
5. What magazine does Edgar read in this section?
(a) Time Magazine.
(b) Tomfoolery Magazine.
(c) Timeout Magazine.
(d) Zoo Magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What passion do Eddie and Albert share?
2. What does Cotter need a note for?
3. Why is Brian in Prescott?
4. Which two teams are competing for the World Series in this section?
5. What does Alma do at the Friary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Edgar Hoover have with his appearance?
2. How does Marian react to Nick's fling with Donna?
3. Why is Nick upset with Marian before he leaves for work?
4. What did Marian always want Nick to talk about?
5. How does Jackie Gleason entertain members of the crowd?
6. What do we find out about Nick's past in this section?
7. Why does Nick think his mother should move to Phoenix?
8. How did Bobby Thompson's home run affect people?
9. Why does Hoover appreciate Truman's timing in the announcement of the Soviet bomb?
10. How do Matt and Nick's views on their father differ?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)