|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alma do at the Friary?
(a) Writes letters.
(b) Reads to the children.
(c) Helps to distribute food.
(d) Paints murals.
2. Who does Big Sims say owns the Waste Containment company?
(a) The government.
(b) The mob.
(c) The Russians.
3. Where is Nick living in this section?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
4. Where does Nick's daughter Lainie live?
(d) New York.
5. Why does Lundy think there were 20,000 empty seats at the Dodger Giants World Series game?
(a) People thought the world wasn't going to last beyond the game.
(b) The world is about to go through a recession.
(c) They had been abducted by aliens.
(d) People sensed something was happening on the other side of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Condomology?
2. Who buys Marvin's baseball from him?
3. At what kind of restaurant does Marvin eat in chapter four?
4. What is the name of the Jackie Gleason program Nick's mother likes to watch?
5. How does Cotter Martin get into the Giants Dodger game?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bobby Thompson's home run affect people?
2. Why does Nick say his mother likes Jackie Gleason so much?
3. Why does Hoover appreciate Truman's timing in the announcement of the Soviet bomb?
4. How are Nick and Klara's lives different?
5. Why is Nick upset with Marian before he leaves for work?
6. Why does Nick have his mother's surname instead of his father's?
7. How do Matt and Nick's views on their father differ?
8. Why does Nick's wife like Nick's mother?
9. How did Nick's son change after the LA riots?
10. What do people in Phoenix think about Nick's roots?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)