|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What baseball team does Nick support?
(a) The Giants.
(b) The Dodgers.
(c) The Mets.
(d) The Bears.
2. What does Marian like to hear stories about?
(a) The wild west.
(b) Old baseball games.
(c) Nick's mother's rock and roll days.
(d) Nick's childhood.
3. What drug does Marian prepare for herself in this section?
4. What is the name of Richard's friend?
5. What does Hoover think of when he looks at the picture by Bruegel?
(a) His wife.
(b) The Russian bomb.
(c) The President.
(d) Drug abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Albert sitting to think about Eddie at the end of this section?
2. Which character is Marian having an affair with?
3. Why does Nick uses his mother's surname rather than his father's surname?
4. What is the name of Matt and Nick's mother?
5. What kind of company does Nick work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bobby Thompson's home run affect people?
2. How does Cotter get into the baseball game without paying?
3. What does Hoover discuss with Clyde Tolson in this section?
4. How did Nick's son change after the LA riots?
5. Describe Bruce's performance in Chicago in October 1962?
6. How does Manx sell the baseball?
7. Describe the meeting between Klara and her daughter?
8. Why are Nick and Brian so affected at the end of the novel?
9. How does Jackie Gleason entertain members of the crowd?
10. What do we find out about Nick's past in this section?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)