|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel Hoover is staying at?
(a) The Hilton Hotel.
(b) The Dorchester Hotel.
(c) The Ritz Hotel.
(d) The Waldorf Hotel.
2. Where does Klara visit while Miles talks to an Israeli gangster?
(a) Watts Tower.
(b) MGM Studios.
(c) Universal Studios.
(d) Beverly Hills.
3. Where does Bronzoni read his newspaper?
(b) A pastry shop.
(c) A tobacco store.
4. Who buys Manx's baseball?
(a) Charlie Wainwright.
(b) Chuckie Wainwright.
(c) Marian Shay.
(d) Nick Shay.
5. Which main character is Jason Varover married to?
6. Who is Marian talking to at the beginning of this section?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
7. Why do Nick and Amy travel to Mexico in July 1959?
(a) For a holiday.
(b) To get a divorce.
(c) To escape jail.
(d) To get an abortion.
8. What is the name of the European Klara meets at the rooftop party?
(a) Mile Lightman.
(b) Philip Thomas.
(c) Acey Greene.
(d) Carlo Strasser.
9. What is the name of the project Matt is working on in New Mexico?
(b) The Look.
(c) The Docks.
10. Where does Klara meet her daughter for lunch?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) The Bronx.
11. Who does Nick drive around Arizona with?
12. Why does Nick have to have dinner by candlelight in this section?
(a) His doctor has told him to keep away from bright lights.
(b) There is a blackout in New York City.
(c) The restaurant has forgotten to pay its electricity bills.
(d) His date does not like bright lights.
13. In which street is Carlo Strasser's New York apartment?
(a) Fifth Avenue.
(b) Amsterdam Avenue.
(c) Park Avenue.
(d) West End Avenue.
14. What is the name of the club Nick is at in October 1962?
(a) The Smily Club.
(b) The M52 Club.
(c) Studio 54.
(d) The Troubadour Club.
15. What two people does the comedian tell a story about?
(a) God and President Kennedy.
(b) Castro and an angel.
(c) Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller.
(d) Bobby and John Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which state is Normal?
2. What kind of agency does Charlie work for?
3. Why does Klara say when can't marry Miles?
4. Why does Marian say she is crying in this section?
5. What is the name of the man Manx leaves the bar with?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)