|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel Hoover is staying at?
(a) The Ritz Hotel.
(b) The Hilton Hotel.
(c) The Dorchester Hotel.
(d) The Waldorf Hotel.
2. Where is Martin Lundy trying to locate the 1951 World Series baseball?
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. What does Rosie do when people begin to throw bottles?
(a) Shouts for people to stop.
(b) Throws bottles back.
(d) Calls the police.
4. What kind of car have Nick and JuJu recently stolen?
(a) A Plymouth.
(b) A Chevy.
(c) A Stationwagon.
(d) A Sierra.
5. Why is it noisy when Marian is talking on the phone?
(a) Constructive workers are working in her building.
(b) Her neighbors are having a party.
(c) She is having a party.
(d) Students are protesting outside.
6. What does the refuge Matt and Janet visit border?
(a) A golf driving range.
(d) A weapons testing range.
7. What is Zapruder's film about?
(a) The Kennedy Assassination.
(b) The Rumble in the Jungle.
(d) The Watergate tapes.
8. What crisis occurred in October 1952?
(a) The Cuban Missile Crisis.
(b) The Wall Street Crisis.
(c) The Russian Nuclear Crisis.
(d) The Fleet Street Crisis.
9. What kind of artist is Moonman?
(a) A water color painter.
(b) An oil painter.
(c) A children's illustrater.
(d) A graffiti artist.
10. What comedian does Nick watch on October 1962?
(a) Richard Pryor.
(b) Peter Cook.
(c) Lenny Bruce.
(d) Bill Cosby.
11. What is happening in August 1964?
(a) A civil rights demonstration.
(b) A murder investigation.
(c) A Vietnam demonstration.
(d) A Wall Street demonstration.
12. Who does Nick meet from grade school in chapter seven?
13. What is the name of the man Manx leaves the bar with?
14. Which main character is Jason Varover married to?
15. In which part of New York is Bronzine in this section?
(d) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bronzoni read his newspaper?
2. Why do Nick and Amy travel to Mexico in July 1959?
3. Why does Matt say his work is important?
4. What do Lundy and his wife do when the get back to their hotel?
5. What is the name of the European Klara meets at the rooftop party?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)