|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosie do when people begin to throw bottles?
(a) Throws bottles back.
(b) Shouts for people to stop.
(d) Calls the police.
2. Which of the following places does Matt say the government store nuclear weapons?
(a) In rivers.
(b) In lakes.
(c) In huge underground warehouses.
(d) Hollowed out mountains.
3. What kind of car have Nick and JuJu recently stolen?
(a) A Sierra.
(b) A Plymouth.
(c) A Chevy.
(d) A Stationwagon.
4. Where is Lenny Bruce performing at the end of this section?
(a) Madison Square Gardens.
(b) The Establishment.
(c) Miami Beach.
(d) The LA comedy club.
5. Where did Wright get off his boat instead of San Francisco?
(d) New York.
6. Why does Nick have to have dinner by candlelight in this section?
(a) His date does not like bright lights.
(b) His doctor has told him to keep away from bright lights.
(c) The restaurant has forgotten to pay its electricity bills.
(d) There is a blackout in New York City.
7. Why is Ismael angry at Moonman?
(a) He has stolen his spray cans.
(b) He has ratted him out to the police.
(c) He has beaten up his friend.
(d) He has invaded his turf.
8. Where is Nick in November 1952?
9. Who tells Nick about the extent of the power failure in New York?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A barmaid.
(c) A taxi driver.
(d) A barman.
10. Who does Nick drive around Arizona with?
11. Where does Nick drive to with Sim and Jesse?
(a) A garbage center.
(b) A desert.
(c) A landfill.
(d) A strip club.
12. Where are Miles and Klara in part four chapter three?
(a) The Radio City Hall.
(b) Times Square.
(c) Madison Gardens.
(d) The White House.
13. What is the name of Hoover's aide?
(a) James Herbert.
(b) Bill Bryson.
(c) Frank Tyson.
(d) Clyde Tolson.
14. Who is Marian talking to at the beginning of this section?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
15. Who buys Manx's baseball?
(a) Marian Shay.
(b) Charlie Wainwright.
(c) Nick Shay.
(d) Chuckie Wainwright.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Hoover and his aide discussing in this section?
2. What does the refuge Matt and Janet visit border?
3. Where is Martin Lundy trying to locate the 1951 World Series baseball?
4. What character in part four has just turned 54?
5. Whose presence are the students protesting?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)