|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nick drive around Arizona with?
2. Why is the ship rumored to be carrying heroin?
(a) To finance a CIA operation.
(b) To finance the Vietnam War.
(c) To finance the government's Star Wars program.
(d) To bribe Cuba.
3. Why is Manx feeling guilty at the end of this section?
(a) He has spent all the money he received for the baseball.
(b) He overcharged for it.
(c) He has to explain the loss of the ball to his son.
(d) He sold him a fake and kept the real one.
4. What is the name of the European Klara meets at the rooftop party?
(a) Philip Thomas.
(b) Mile Lightman.
(c) Acey Greene.
(d) Carlo Strasser.
5. Who tells Nick about the extent of the power failure in New York?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A barman.
(c) A taxi driver.
(d) A barmaid.
6. What is the name of Nick's psychologist?
(a) Larry David.
(b) Dr. Hunchman.
(c) Peter Thomson.
(d) Dr. Lindblad.
7. What do Lundy and his wife do when the get back to their hotel?
(a) Play cards.
(c) Write cards.
(d) Listen to music.
8. What comedian does Nick watch on October 1962?
(a) Peter Cook.
(b) Bill Cosby.
(c) Lenny Bruce.
(d) Richard Pryor.
9. What does Lundy buy from the souvenir baseball shop?
(a) A baseball.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A baseball cap.
(d) Baseball cards.
10. Why does Klara say when can't marry Miles?
(a) He doesn't want children.
(b) He is always traveling.
(c) She wants someone with whom she could have a permanent relationship.
(d) She loves him so much it is bound not to work.
11. Where does Bronzoni read his newspaper?
(b) A tobacco store.
(d) A pastry shop.
12. Which of the following places does Matt say the government store nuclear weapons?
(a) In rivers.
(b) Hollowed out mountains.
(c) In huge underground warehouses.
(d) In lakes.
13. What game does Matt beat Albert at in this section?
14. What does Matt and Nick's mother not want Matt to do while NIck is in Staatsburg?
(c) Smoking drugs.
(d) Staying out late.
15. What baseball stadium does Manx drive to in this section that is open?
(a) The Yankee Stadium.
(b) The Stadium of Light.
(c) The Dodger Stadium.
(d) Polo Grounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Albert talking to Klara about in this section?
2. What kind of pilot is Louis T. Bakey?
3. What kind of films does Miles Lightman produce?
4. Which main character is Jason Varover married to?
5. What is the name of Hoover's aide?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)