|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel Hoover is staying at?
(a) The Dorchester Hotel.
(b) The Hilton Hotel.
(c) The Waldorf Hotel.
(d) The Ritz Hotel.
2. What traumatic event happened to Matt when he was six?
(a) His mother had an accident.
(b) He was run over by a taxi.
(c) His father walked out.
(d) He witnessed a murder.
3. What is Albert talking to Klara about in this section?
(a) Matt and Nick Shay.
(b) The Russian nuclear bomb.
(c) His meeting with Father Paulus.
(d) The World Series game.
4. Why did Nick spend time in a juvenile center?
(a) He beat up his father.
(b) He robbed a store.
(c) He was caught with heroin.
(d) He killed a man.
5. Which of the following places does Matt say the government store nuclear weapons?
(a) In rivers.
(b) Hollowed out mountains.
(c) In huge underground warehouses.
(d) In lakes.
6. Where does Bronzoni read his newspaper?
(b) A tobacco store.
(c) A pastry shop.
7. What does Rosie do when people begin to throw bottles?
(a) Shouts for people to stop.
(b) Throws bottles back.
(c) Calls the police.
8. What is Rosemary doing while she talks to Matt?
(a) Sewing buttons.
(b) Beading a sweater.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Reading a comic.
9. Who is Eric Deming fantasizing over in chapter two?
(a) Jayne Mansfield.
(b) Mae West.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Pamela Anderson.
10. In which street is Carlo Strasser's New York apartment?
(a) Fifth Avenue.
(b) Park Avenue.
(c) Amsterdam Avenue.
(d) West End Avenue.
11. What is Chuckie Wainwright's job on the tramp steamer?
(a) First Mate.
(b) Second Mate.
12. What is the name of Lundy's wife?
13. Who buys Manx's baseball?
(a) Nick Shay.
(b) Chuckie Wainwright.
(c) Marian Shay.
(d) Charlie Wainwright.
14. What is the name of Nick's psychologist?
(a) Dr. Hunchman.
(b) Dr. Lindblad.
(c) Peter Thomson.
(d) Larry David.
15. What two people does the comedian tell a story about?
(a) Castro and an angel.
(b) Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller.
(c) God and President Kennedy.
(d) Bobby and John Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane travel to her apartment?
2. What are Hoover and his aide discussing in this section?
3. What is the name of Hoover's aide?
4. Why is Manx feeling guilty at the end of this section?
5. Why is Ismael angry at Moonman?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)