|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman in Chuckie's cockpit?
(a) Brown Sugar.
(b) Pippi Longstocking.
(c) Long Tall Sally.
(d) Jumping Jane.
2. What is the name of Hoover's aide?
(a) Frank Tyson.
(b) Clyde Tolson.
(c) Bill Bryson.
(d) James Herbert.
3. Why is Manx feeling guilty at the end of this section?
(a) He has spent all the money he received for the baseball.
(b) He sold him a fake and kept the real one.
(c) He overcharged for it.
(d) He has to explain the loss of the ball to his son.
4. Where does Klara visit while Miles talks to an Israeli gangster?
(a) Watts Tower.
(b) Universal Studios.
(c) MGM Studios.
(d) Beverly Hills.
5. What does the refuge Matt and Janet visit border?
(a) A weapons testing range.
(d) A golf driving range.
6. Where does Nick drive to with Sim and Jesse?
(a) A garbage center.
(b) A strip club.
(c) A landfill.
(d) A desert.
7. What is Albert talking to Klara about in this section?
(a) The World Series game.
(b) His meeting with Father Paulus.
(c) Matt and Nick Shay.
(d) The Russian nuclear bomb.
8. What does Lenny Bruce ridicule in his routine in this section?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) After parties.
(c) Dinner parties.
9. What game does Matt beat Albert at in this section?
10. Why does Nick have to have dinner by candlelight in this section?
(a) The restaurant has forgotten to pay its electricity bills.
(b) His date does not like bright lights.
(c) His doctor has told him to keep away from bright lights.
(d) There is a blackout in New York City.
11. What is Chuckie Wainwright's job on the tramp steamer?
(b) First Mate.
(d) Second Mate.
12. What is the name of the person who claims to have mystical visions in this section?
(a) David Martin.
(b) Pope Pius.
(c) Davis Love.
(d) Pope Lively.
13. What does Matt and Nick's mother not want Matt to do while NIck is in Staatsburg?
(c) Staying out late.
(d) Smoking drugs.
14. What crisis occurred in October 1952?
(a) The Wall Street Crisis.
(b) The Fleet Street Crisis.
(c) The Cuban Missile Crisis.
(d) The Russian Nuclear Crisis.
15. In which city is Marian working in in October 1967?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt want Janet to tell him?
2. Who is Marian talking to at the beginning of this section?
3. Where does Klara meet her daughter for lunch?
4. What does Rosie do when people begin to throw bottles?
5. What is the season in part four?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)