|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crisis occurred in October 1952?
(a) The Cuban Missile Crisis.
(b) The Wall Street Crisis.
(c) The Fleet Street Crisis.
(d) The Russian Nuclear Crisis.
2. In which city is Lenny Bruce performing in chapter five?
(a) New York.
3. What does Nick's psychologist keep trying to get Nick to talk about?
(a) The murder.
(b) His life at school.
(c) His father's disappearance.
(d) His sister's death.
4. Where does Bronzoni read his newspaper?
(b) A tobacco store.
(d) A pastry shop.
5. What comedian does Nick watch on October 1962?
(a) Bill Cosby.
(b) Lenny Bruce.
(c) Peter Cook.
(d) Richard Pryor.
6. Who is Eric Deming fantasizing over in chapter two?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Jayne Mansfield.
(c) Mae West.
(d) Pamela Anderson.
7. What is the name of the hotel Hoover is staying at?
(a) The Dorchester Hotel.
(b) The Waldorf Hotel.
(c) The Ritz Hotel.
(d) The Hilton Hotel.
8. Why is the ship rumored to be carrying heroin?
(a) To finance the Vietnam War.
(b) To finance a CIA operation.
(c) To finance the government's Star Wars program.
(d) To bribe Cuba.
9. Why does Matt say his work is important?
(a) He makes weapns safer to handle.
(b) He is prolonging world peace.
(c) He helps safe guard the nation.
(d) He protects America from its enemies.
10. Where is Jane Urbaniak in January 1967?
(a) A night club.
(b) The Waldorf.
(c) A nursing school.
(d) A nursing home.
11. Whose presence are the students protesting?
(a) Nixon supporters.
(b) Dow Chemical recruiters.
(c) Vietnam veterans.
(d) A nuclear plant.
12. What is Rosemary doing while she talks to Matt?
(a) Writing a letter.
(b) Reading a comic.
(c) Sewing buttons.
(d) Beading a sweater.
13. What character in part four has just turned 54?
14. Who tells Nick about the extent of the power failure in New York?
(a) A barmaid.
(b) A barman.
(c) A waiter.
(d) A taxi driver.
15. What does Matt want Janet to tell him?
(a) To travel around the world.
(b) To leave his job.
(c) To leave her.
(d) To move out with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it noisy when Marian is talking on the phone?
2. Why does Klara say when can't marry Miles?
3. What does Rosie do when people begin to throw bottles?
4. What kind of films does Miles Lightman produce?
5. What is Zapruder's film about?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)