|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Klara say when can't marry Miles?
(a) He doesn't want children.
(b) He is always traveling.
(c) She wants someone with whom she could have a permanent relationship.
(d) She loves him so much it is bound not to work.
2. Why does Matt say his work is important?
(a) He protects America from its enemies.
(b) He makes weapns safer to handle.
(c) He is prolonging world peace.
(d) He helps safe guard the nation.
3. Where is Lenny Bruce performing at the end of this section?
(a) Miami Beach.
(b) The LA comedy club.
(c) Madison Square Gardens.
(d) The Establishment.
4. What baseball stadium does Manx drive to in this section that is open?
(a) The Yankee Stadium.
(b) The Stadium of Light.
(c) The Dodger Stadium.
(d) Polo Grounds.
5. Why does Nick have to have dinner by candlelight in this section?
(a) There is a blackout in New York City.
(b) The restaurant has forgotten to pay its electricity bills.
(c) His doctor has told him to keep away from bright lights.
(d) His date does not like bright lights.
6. What is Zapruder's film about?
(a) The Watergate tapes.
(b) The Kennedy Assassination.
(c) The Rumble in the Jungle.
7. In which part of New York is Bronzine in this section?
(c) The Bronx.
8. How does Jane travel to her apartment?
(a) She takes a bus.
(b) She takes a train.
(c) She drives.
(d) She jogs.
9. Why do Manx's friends think he will struggle to sell the baseball?
(a) He can't prove it is the same ball.
(b) It is a cheap make.
(c) It is too dirty.
(d) It's leather is coming off.
10. What kind of pilot is Louis T. Bakey?
(a) A concorde pilot.
(b) A B52 pilot.
(c) A red arrow pilot.
(d) A spitfire pilot.
11. What does Lenny Bruce ridicule in his routine in this section?
(a) Dinner parties.
(b) After parties.
(d) The Vietnam War.
12. Why is it noisy when Marian is talking on the phone?
(a) Constructive workers are working in her building.
(b) Students are protesting outside.
(c) She is having a party.
(d) Her neighbors are having a party.
13. What is Chuckie Wainwright's job on the tramp steamer?
(a) First Mate.
(d) Second Mate.
14. What game does Matt beat Albert at in this section?
15. In which city is Marian working in in October 1967?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Klara meet her daughter for lunch?
2. In which city is Lenny Bruce performing in chapter five?
3. Why do Nick and Amy travel to Mexico in July 1959?
4. Whose presence are the students protesting?
5. What is the name of Hoover's aide?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)