|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Nick and Amy travel to Mexico in July 1959?
(a) To get an abortion.
(b) To escape jail.
(c) For a holiday.
(d) To get a divorce.
2. What two people does the comedian tell a story about?
(a) Bobby and John Kennedy.
(b) Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller.
(c) God and President Kennedy.
(d) Castro and an angel.
3. What traumatic event happened to Matt when he was six?
(a) He witnessed a murder.
(b) His mother had an accident.
(c) He was run over by a taxi.
(d) His father walked out.
4. What crisis occurred in October 1952?
(a) The Russian Nuclear Crisis.
(b) The Fleet Street Crisis.
(c) The Wall Street Crisis.
(d) The Cuban Missile Crisis.
5. Where are Miles and Klara in part four chapter three?
(a) Times Square.
(b) The White House.
(c) Madison Gardens.
(d) The Radio City Hall.
6. Who is Marian talking to at the beginning of this section?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
7. Where does Klara meet her daughter for lunch?
(a) The Bronx.
(b) Greenwich Village.
8. Why does Klara say when can't marry Miles?
(a) She loves him so much it is bound not to work.
(b) He is always traveling.
(c) He doesn't want children.
(d) She wants someone with whom she could have a permanent relationship.
9. How does Jane travel to her apartment?
(a) She takes a train.
(b) She jogs.
(c) She drives.
(d) She takes a bus.
10. In which city is Lenny Bruce performing in chapter five?
(a) New York.
11. In which city is Marian working in in October 1967?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
12. What does Nick's psychologist keep trying to get Nick to talk about?
(a) His life at school.
(b) The murder.
(c) His sister's death.
(d) His father's disappearance.
13. Whose presence are the students protesting?
(a) Dow Chemical recruiters.
(b) Vietnam veterans.
(c) A nuclear plant.
(d) Nixon supporters.
14. Where does Bronzoni read his newspaper?
(b) A pastry shop.
(c) A tobacco store.
15. What is Nick talking to JuJu about in chapter two?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) The benefits of a regular job.
(d) The benefits of marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car have Nick and JuJu recently stolen?
2. What is Chuckie Wainwright's job on the tramp steamer?
3. Which main character is Jason Varover married to?
4. What game does Matt beat Albert at in this section?
5. Why is it noisy when Marian is talking on the phone?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)