|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys Manx's baseball?
(a) Marian Shay.
(b) Chuckie Wainwright.
(c) Nick Shay.
(d) Charlie Wainwright.
2. What does Matt and Nick's mother not want Matt to do while NIck is in Staatsburg?
(a) Staying out late.
(d) Smoking drugs.
3. What is happening in August 1964?
(a) A Vietnam demonstration.
(b) A Wall Street demonstration.
(c) A murder investigation.
(d) A civil rights demonstration.
4. What character in part four has just turned 54?
5. Why does Marian say she is crying in this section?
(a) She is afraid of war and bombs.
(b) She has a hair in her eye.
(c) Nick doesn't love her.
(d) It is the anniversary of her mother's death.
6. What is the name of Nick and Matt's father?
7. What does the super angrily call Manx in this section?
(a) A sleazeball.
(b) A klepto.
(c) A crim.
(d) A thief.
8. Whose presence are the students protesting?
(a) A nuclear plant.
(b) Vietnam veterans.
(c) Dow Chemical recruiters.
(d) Nixon supporters.
9. Which of the following celebrities are watching Lenny Bruce in Mister Kelly's?
(a) Paris Hilton.
(b) Hugh Hefner.
(c) Bobby Kennedy.
(d) Donald Trump.
10. Why does Nick have to have dinner by candlelight in this section?
(a) There is a blackout in New York City.
(b) His date does not like bright lights.
(c) The restaurant has forgotten to pay its electricity bills.
(d) His doctor has told him to keep away from bright lights.
11. Where is Nick in November 1952?
12. What comedian does Nick watch on October 1962?
(a) Bill Cosby.
(b) Peter Cook.
(c) Richard Pryor.
(d) Lenny Bruce.
13. What kind of artist is Moonman?
(a) An oil painter.
(b) A graffiti artist.
(c) A water color painter.
(d) A children's illustrater.
14. What is the name of the hotel Hoover is staying at?
(a) The Hilton Hotel.
(b) The Dorchester Hotel.
(c) The Ritz Hotel.
(d) The Waldorf Hotel.
15. Why do Nick and Amy travel to Mexico in July 1959?
(a) To get a divorce.
(b) To escape jail.
(c) To get an abortion.
(d) For a holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nick spend time in a juvenile center?
2. What do Lundy and his wife do when the get back to their hotel?
3. Where does Bronzoni read his newspaper?
4. What is the season in part four?
5. What is the name of the project Matt is working on in New Mexico?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)