|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Matt say his work is important?
(a) He helps safe guard the nation.
(b) He makes weapns safer to handle.
(c) He protects America from its enemies.
(d) He is prolonging world peace.
2. What does the super accuse Manx of stealing?
(a) A pick ax.
(b) Two shovels.
(c) A car.
(d) A truck.
3. In which city is Lenny Bruce performing in chapter five?
(a) New York.
4. Why is Ismael angry at Moonman?
(a) He has ratted him out to the police.
(b) He has beaten up his friend.
(c) He has invaded his turf.
(d) He has stolen his spray cans.
5. What baseball stadium does Manx drive to in this section that is open?
(a) Polo Grounds.
(b) The Stadium of Light.
(c) The Dodger Stadium.
(d) The Yankee Stadium.
6. What two people does the comedian tell a story about?
(a) Bobby and John Kennedy.
(b) Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller.
(c) God and President Kennedy.
(d) Castro and an angel.
7. What kind of car have Nick and JuJu recently stolen?
(a) A Stationwagon.
(b) A Sierra.
(c) A Plymouth.
(d) A Chevy.
8. What is the name of Nick's psychologist?
(a) Peter Thomson.
(b) Dr. Hunchman.
(c) Larry David.
(d) Dr. Lindblad.
9. What is the name of Hoover's aide?
(a) Bill Bryson.
(b) Clyde Tolson.
(c) James Herbert.
(d) Frank Tyson.
10. Who buys Manx's baseball?
(a) Charlie Wainwright.
(b) Marian Shay.
(c) Nick Shay.
(d) Chuckie Wainwright.
11. Why does Nick have to have dinner by candlelight in this section?
(a) The restaurant has forgotten to pay its electricity bills.
(b) There is a blackout in New York City.
(c) His date does not like bright lights.
(d) His doctor has told him to keep away from bright lights.
12. Who is Matt waiting for at Tucson airport?
13. Where does Nick drive to with Sim and Jesse?
(a) A garbage center.
(b) A desert.
(c) A strip club.
(d) A landfill.
14. What does Nick's psychologist keep trying to get Nick to talk about?
(a) His life at school.
(b) His sister's death.
(c) His father's disappearance.
(d) The murder.
15. Who does Nick take to his room in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which state are Nick and Sims bar hopping through in this section?
2. What is Albert talking to Klara about in this section?
3. Why do Manx's friends think he will struggle to sell the baseball?
4. Where is Jane Urbaniak in January 1967?
5. What is the name of the hotel Hoover is staying at?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)