|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hoover think of when he looks at the picture by Bruegel?
(a) The President.
(b) His wife.
(c) The Russian bomb.
(d) Drug abuse.
2. At what kind of restaurant does Marvin eat in chapter four?
3. What company does Jane Farsih work for?
4. In which state is Phoenix?
(d) New York.
5. What does Matt think has happened to their father?
(a) He has died.
(b) He is homeless.
(c) He's living in LA under an assumed name.
(d) He living and working in USSR.
6. What does Alma do at the Friary?
(a) Helps to distribute food.
(b) Reads to the children.
(c) Paints murals.
(d) Writes letters.
7. What has Marvin hired people to examine in order to find out what happened to the baseball?
(a) Photos of the left field stands.
(b) The celebrations on the field after the game.
(c) Different baseballs from the 1950s.
(d) Photos of people leaving the stadium.
8. What is the name of the Lexus driver?
9. What is the name of Richard's friend?
10. What kind of firm does Bill Patterson own?
(a) A telephone company.
(b) A chicken farm.
(c) A construction firm.
(d) A car lot.
11. How does Nick daughter's life change in this section?
(a) She gets married.
(b) She has a baby.
(c) She buys a house.
(d) She finds a job.
12. Which character is Marian having an affair with?
13. What does Marvin tell Brian he has searched for from the Dodger Giants game?
(a) The baseball bat.
(b) The program.
(c) The baseball.
(d) The tickets.
14. Who does Nick remember at the end of the chapter who has been dead for years?
(a) Jackie Gleason.
(b) Russ Hodges.
(c) His father.
(d) Babe Ruth.
15. Who does Glassic say has the baseball from the Bobby Thomson game?
Short Answer Questions
1. What passion do Eddie and Albert share?
2. Where does Russ Hodges interview the players?
3. What kind of car is the man driving across the desert?
4. In which part of New York were Klara and Nick living when they were lovers?
5. What game is Matt interested in?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)