|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Glassic say has the baseball from the Bobby Thomson game?
2. Where does Nick's daughter Lainie live?
(a) New York.
3. Which of the following characters collects baseball memorabilia?
(a) Brain Glassic.
(c) Marvin Lundy.
4. What is the name of Nick's son?
5. Why is Marian upset when Nick tries to talk to her?
(a) She is reading.
(b) She is sleeping.
(c) She is trying to watch a film.
(d) She is fixing her car.
6. What does Cotter find at the end of the game?
(a) The match ball.
(b) A severed arm.
(c) A wallet.
(d) A baseball bat.
7. Where does Marian meet Brian?
(a) At his apartment.
(b) At the apartment of her assistant.
(c) At an abandoned warehouse.
(d) In a forest.
8. What does Marian like to hear stories about?
(a) Nick's childhood.
(b) The wild west.
(c) Nick's mother's rock and roll days.
(d) Old baseball games.
9. Who does the author call the voice of the Giants?
(a) Bill Waterson.
(b) Jackie Gleason.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Russ Hodges.
10. What kind of ride do Nick and his wife enjoy in this section?
(a) A limo ride.
(b) A taxi ride.
(c) A hot air balloon ride.
(d) A glider ride.
11. What does Richard give his father before he drives to his friend's house?
12. Who does Nick want to read about in Time Magazine?
(a) Klara Sax.
(b) Boris Becker.
(c) Steffi Graf.
(d) Sister Alma Edgar.
13. What message does Cotter have for his father?
(a) His friend Jack wants to meet him for a beer.
(b) HIs doctor has the results.
(c) His mother wants a divorce.
(d) His super wants to talk to him.
14. Who does Nick remember at the end of the chapter who has been dead for years?
(a) Russ Hodges.
(b) Jackie Gleason.
(c) Babe Ruth.
(d) His father.
15. Why is Brian in Prescott?
(a) To look at cars.
(b) To look at apartments.
(c) To sign a contract.
(d) To visit his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car is the man driving across the desert?
2. Which city is Nick flying to in chapter nine?
3. What do the nuns find for Ismael?
4. Which of the following subjects do Richard and his friend talk about?
5. What is Sue Ann Corcoran's job?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)