|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rafferty tell Hoover?
(a) The Russians have tested a nuclear bomb.
(b) The Cubans have declared war.
(c) The Germans have built a wall across Berlin.
(d) The President has been killed.
2. Why is Marian upset when Nick tries to talk to her?
(a) She is fixing her car.
(b) She is trying to watch a film.
(c) She is reading.
(d) She is sleeping.
3. What kind of company does Nick work for?
(a) A construction company.
(b) A waste management company.
(c) A car company.
(d) An insurance company.
4. What baseball team does Nick support?
(a) The Mets.
(b) The Giants.
(c) The Bears.
(d) The Dodgers.
5. What kind of car is the Texas Highway Killer driving in the tape?
(a) A Dodge.
(b) A Plymouth.
(c) A Citroen.
(d) A Rover.
6. What magazine does Edgar read in this section?
(a) Time Magazine.
(b) Tomfoolery Magazine.
(c) Zoo Magazine.
(d) Timeout Magazine.
7. Why is Brian in Prescott?
(a) To sign a contract.
(b) To look at apartments.
(c) To visit his mother.
(d) To look at cars.
8. What does Cotter need a note for?
(a) To excuse him from school.
(b) To see the doctor.
(c) To buy beer for his father.
(d) To buy cigarettes for his father.
9. What is the name of the Jackie Gleason program Nick's mother likes to watch?
(a) The Honeymooners.
(b) Friendly Neighbors.
(c) I Love Lucy.
(d) The Moonies.
10. Who does Big Sims say owns the Waste Containment company?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The mob.
(c) The government.
11. Where does Russ Hodges interview the players?
(a) In the clubhouse.
(b) In the commentary box.
(c) In the car lot.
(d) On the diamond.
12. Who buys Marvin's baseball from him?
13. What game is Matt interested in?
14. Who does Marian meet for lunch in chapter two?
(b) Peter Sellars.
(c) Brian Glassic.
(d) Jackie Gleason.
15. What is the name of Cotter's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Glassic say has the baseball from the Bobby Thomson game?
2. What does Brian want to talk about instead of baseball?
3. Who hits the home run for the Giants?
4. What is the name of the Lexus driver?
5. Why can Sister Alma Edgar no longer teach?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)