|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian want to talk about instead of baseball?
(b) The Second World War.
(d) The Cold War.
2. What is the cargo ship that has been sailing for two years carrying?
(a) Nuclear explosives.
(b) Dead bodies.
(c) Toxic waste.
3. What has Marvin hired people to examine in order to find out what happened to the baseball?
(a) Photos of the left field stands.
(b) Different baseballs from the 1950s.
(c) The celebrations on the field after the game.
(d) Photos of people leaving the stadium.
4. What is the name of Nick's son?
5. Where is Nick living in this section?
(a) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
6. Who does Brian buy condoms for?
(a) His father.
(b) His son.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His brother.
7. What does Marian like to hear stories about?
(a) Nick's childhood.
(b) Old baseball games.
(c) Nick's mother's rock and roll days.
(d) The wild west.
8. In which city is Dodger Stadium?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
9. At what kind of restaurant does Marvin eat in chapter four?
10. Why does Nick uses his mother's surname rather than his father's surname?
(a) He hates his father.
(b) His parents were separated when he was born.
(c) His parents never married.
(d) His father's name is embarrassing.
11. Why can Sister Alma Edgar no longer teach?
(a) She has lost her legs in an accident.
(b) She is too busy.
(c) She is too old.
(d) She is too angry.
12. What does Hoover think of when he looks at the picture by Bruegel?
(a) The Russian bomb.
(b) Drug abuse.
(c) His wife.
(d) The President.
13. What does Marvin tell Brian he has searched for from the Dodger Giants game?
(a) The baseball bat.
(b) The program.
(c) The baseball.
(d) The tickets.
14. What kind of ride do Nick and his wife enjoy in this section?
(a) A hot air balloon ride.
(b) A glider ride.
(c) A limo ride.
(d) A taxi ride.
15. What kind of firm does Bill Patterson own?
(a) A telephone company.
(b) A car lot.
(c) A chicken farm.
(d) A construction firm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman the man driving is going to see?
2. Where does Marian meet Brian?
3. What is the child taping in chapter one?
4. Who does Glassic say has the baseball from the Bobby Thomson game?
5. Who hits the home run for the Giants?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)