|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Giant's manager?
(a) Bill Waterson.
(b) Leo Durocher.
(c) Russ Hodges.
(d) Dieter Bruegel.
2. What does Hoover think of when he looks at the picture by Bruegel?
(a) The President.
(b) Drug abuse.
(c) The Russian bomb.
(d) His wife.
3. Who does Nick remember at the end of the chapter who has been dead for years?
(a) Russ Hodges.
(b) Babe Ruth.
(c) His father.
(d) Jackie Gleason.
4. What kind of firm does Bill Patterson own?
(a) A car lot.
(b) A construction firm.
(c) A chicken farm.
(d) A telephone company.
5. What magazine does Edgar read in this section?
(a) Zoo Magazine.
(b) Tomfoolery Magazine.
(c) Time Magazine.
(d) Timeout Magazine.
6. Where is Marian driving to in chapter two?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
7. Who does Glassic say has the baseball from the Bobby Thomson game?
8. Who does Marian meet for lunch in chapter two?
(a) Jackie Gleason.
(c) Brian Glassic.
(d) Peter Sellars.
9. Why can Sister Alma Edgar no longer teach?
(a) She is too angry.
(b) She has lost her legs in an accident.
(c) She is too busy.
(d) She is too old.
10. Who does Brian buy condoms for?
(a) His son.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His nephew.
11. How does Nick daughter's life change in this section?
(a) She buys a house.
(b) She finds a job.
(c) She gets married.
(d) She has a baby.
12. What is Condomology?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A TV studios.
(c) A store that sells condoms.
(d) A sex shop.
13. In which part of New York were Klara and Nick living when they were lovers?
(b) The Bronx.
(c) Greenwich Village.
14. What message does Cotter have for his father?
(a) His mother wants a divorce.
(b) His super wants to talk to him.
(c) His friend Jack wants to meet him for a beer.
(d) HIs doctor has the results.
15. Which of the following characters collects baseball memorabilia?
(b) Brain Glassic.
(c) Marvin Lundy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian want to talk about instead of baseball?
2. What does Richard give his father before he drives to his friend's house?
3. What does Cotter need a note for?
4. What is the name of Richard's friend?
5. What does Matt think has happened to their father?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)