|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Jackie Gleason program Nick's mother likes to watch?
(a) Friendly Neighbors.
(b) I Love Lucy.
(c) The Moonies.
(d) The Honeymooners.
2. Who accuses Cotter of skipping school?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His sister.
3. What is the name of Nick's son?
4. Where does Nick's daughter Lainie live?
(a) New York.
5. What does Marian like to hear stories about?
(a) The wild west.
(b) Nick's childhood.
(c) Old baseball games.
(d) Nick's mother's rock and roll days.
6. In which state is Phoenix?
(b) New York.
7. What is the season in chapter three?
8. What is the name of Klara's recently deceased husband?
9. What company does Jane Farsih work for?
10. What kind of firm does Bill Patterson own?
(a) A construction firm.
(b) A telephone company.
(c) A chicken farm.
(d) A car lot.
11. Who does Nick remember at the end of the chapter who has been dead for years?
(a) Babe Ruth.
(b) His father.
(c) Russ Hodges.
(d) Jackie Gleason.
12. Where does Russ Hodges interview the players?
(a) In the clubhouse.
(b) On the diamond.
(c) In the commentary box.
(d) In the car lot.
13. Which two teams are competing for the World Series in this section?
(a) The Bears and the Orioles.
(b) The 49ers and the Runners.
(c) The Redskins and the Mets.
(d) The Dodgers and the Giants.
14. Where does Marian meet Brian?
(a) In a forest.
(b) At the apartment of her assistant.
(c) At an abandoned warehouse.
(d) At his apartment.
15. What is the name of the woman the man driving is going to see?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Marian driving to in chapter two?
2. Why does Lundy think there were 20,000 empty seats at the Dodger Giants World Series game?
3. What killer does this section introduce?
4. Who does Brian buy condoms for?
5. In which city is Dodger Stadium?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)