|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hits the home run for the Giants?
(a) Edgar Hoover.
(b) Jackie Gleason.
(c) Bobby Thomson.
(d) Bill Patterson.
2. Who does Nick remember at the end of the chapter who has been dead for years?
(a) Babe Ruth.
(b) His father.
(c) Russ Hodges.
(d) Jackie Gleason.
3. What does Alma do at the Friary?
(a) Writes letters.
(b) Paints murals.
(c) Reads to the children.
(d) Helps to distribute food.
4. What is the name of Nick's son?
5. Why can Sister Alma Edgar no longer teach?
(a) She is too angry.
(b) She has lost her legs in an accident.
(c) She is too busy.
(d) She is too old.
6. Why is Marian upset when Nick tries to talk to her?
(a) She is trying to watch a film.
(b) She is reading.
(c) She is sleeping.
(d) She is fixing her car.
7. What is the season in chapter three?
8. Which one of the following celebrities are at the game?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(c) Fatty Arbuckle.
(d) Dean Martin.
9. Who drives Alma to the friary?
(a) Sister Theresa.
(b) Siter Ethel.
(c) Sister Grace.
(d) Sister Diane.
10. Which patient does Edgar think has Aids?
11. Where does Nick's daughter Lainie live?
(b) New York.
12. Which two teams are competing for the World Series in this section?
(a) The 49ers and the Runners.
(b) The Redskins and the Mets.
(c) The Bears and the Orioles.
(d) The Dodgers and the Giants.
13. What has Marvin hired people to examine in order to find out what happened to the baseball?
(a) Photos of people leaving the stadium.
(b) Different baseballs from the 1950s.
(c) The celebrations on the field after the game.
(d) Photos of the left field stands.
14. Who does the author call the voice of the Giants?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) Bill Waterson.
(c) Jackie Gleason.
(d) Russ Hodges.
15. Who buys Marvin's baseball from him?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city is Dodger Stadium?
2. What is the name of Richard's friend?
3. What is the name of Klara's recently deceased husband?
4. Why does Nick uses his mother's surname rather than his father's surname?
5. What does Cotter need a note for?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)