|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject did Albert Bronzini teach at Matt's school?
2. Which one of the following celebrities are at the game?
(a) Fatty Arbuckle.
(b) Dean Martin.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Charlie Chaplin.
3. Why does Lundy think there were 20,000 empty seats at the Dodger Giants World Series game?
(a) The world is about to go through a recession.
(b) People thought the world wasn't going to last beyond the game.
(c) They had been abducted by aliens.
(d) People sensed something was happening on the other side of the world.
4. What does Brian want to talk about instead of baseball?
(b) The Second World War.
(d) The Cold War.
5. Which city is Nick flying to in chapter nine?
(d) San Francisco.
6. What does Nick stare at after his dream?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) The TV.
(d) The baseball.
7. At what kind of restaurant does Marvin eat in chapter four?
8. Where does Nick's brother live?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
9. What is the name of the Bruegel painting Hoover sees in the magazine?
(a) Looking Inside.
(b) Dark Nights.
(c) The Execution.
(d) The Triumph of Death.
10. What do the nuns find for Ismael?
(a) Pieces of wood.
(b) Trash bags.
(c) Deserted cars.
11. What is the name of the Jackie Gleason program Nick's mother likes to watch?
(a) Friendly Neighbors.
(b) The Moonies.
(c) The Honeymooners.
(d) I Love Lucy.
12. What magazine does Edgar read in this section?
(a) Timeout Magazine.
(b) Tomfoolery Magazine.
(c) Time Magazine.
(d) Zoo Magazine.
13. Who does the author call the voice of the Giants?
(a) Jackie Gleason.
(b) Bill Waterson.
(c) Russ Hodges.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
14. What drug does Marian prepare for herself in this section?
15. Where does Nick's daughter Lainie live?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of firm does Bill Patterson own?
2. What are Klara and her friends doing in the desert?
3. Want does Manx want to do with the baseball?
4. Who does Marian meet for lunch in chapter two?
5. What is the name of Richard's friend?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)