|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ride do Nick and his wife enjoy in this section?
(a) A taxi ride.
(b) A limo ride.
(c) A glider ride.
(d) A hot air balloon ride.
2. Where does Marian meet Brian?
(a) In a forest.
(b) At his apartment.
(c) At an abandoned warehouse.
(d) At the apartment of her assistant.
3. What does Nick think has happened to his father?
(a) He is painting in France.
(b) He is homeless.
(c) He is living in LA.
(d) He is dead.
4. Want does Manx want to do with the baseball?
(a) Frame it.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Give it to a museum.
(d) Give it back to the Giants.
5. What has Marvin hired people to examine in order to find out what happened to the baseball?
(a) Different baseballs from the 1950s.
(b) The celebrations on the field after the game.
(c) Photos of people leaving the stadium.
(d) Photos of the left field stands.
6. What is the child taping in chapter one?
(a) A birthday.
(b) A homocide.
(c) A rape.
(d) A wedding.
7. At what kind of restaurant does Marvin eat in chapter four?
8. What is the name of Nick's son?
9. What does Nick stare at after his dream?
(a) His son.
(b) The TV.
(c) The baseball.
(d) His wife.
10. What does Alma do at the Friary?
(a) Reads to the children.
(b) Writes letters.
(c) Paints murals.
(d) Helps to distribute food.
11. What magazine does Edgar read in this section?
(a) Timeout Magazine.
(b) Zoo Magazine.
(c) Tomfoolery Magazine.
(d) Time Magazine.
12. What does the woman do for a living?
(a) A television journalist.
(b) An artist.
(c) A car sales woman.
(d) A writer.
13. What company does Jane Farsih work for?
14. Where is Nick living in this section?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
15. Who does Marian meet for lunch in chapter two?
(a) Peter Sellars.
(c) Jackie Gleason.
(d) Brian Glassic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nick's daughter Lainie live?
2. Who does Big Sims say owns the Waste Containment company?
3. What is Sue Ann Corcoran's job?
4. In which part of New York were Klara and Nick living when they were lovers?
5. What killer does this section introduce?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)