|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-3, pgs. 275-345.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of company does Nick work for?
(a) A waste management company.
(b) A construction company.
(c) An insurance company.
(d) A car company.
2. Why does Lundy think there were 20,000 empty seats at the Dodger Giants World Series game?
(a) People thought the world wasn't going to last beyond the game.
(b) They had been abducted by aliens.
(c) People sensed something was happening on the other side of the world.
(d) The world is about to go through a recession.
3. What kind of firm does Bill Patterson own?
(a) A telephone company.
(b) A car lot.
(c) A construction firm.
(d) A chicken farm.
4. In which part of New York were Klara and Nick living when they were lovers?
(b) Greenwich Village.
(d) The Bronx.
5. Who does the author call the voice of the Giants?
(a) Jackie Gleason.
(b) Russ Hodges.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Bill Waterson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Matt and Nick's mother?
2. Which patient does Edgar think has Aids?
3. What is the name of the Bruegel painting Hoover sees in the magazine?
4. Who does Nick remember at the end of the chapter who has been dead for years?
5. What is the name of Nick's company?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)