|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 4-7, pgs. 101-134.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nick uses his mother's surname rather than his father's surname?
(a) His parents never married.
(b) His parents were separated when he was born.
(c) His father's name is embarrassing.
(d) He hates his father.
2. In which part of New York were Klara and Nick living when they were lovers?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(c) The Bronx.
3. Which one of the following celebrities are at the game?
(a) Charlie Chaplin.
(b) Dean Martin.
(c) Fatty Arbuckle.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
4. What does Rafferty tell Hoover?
(a) The Germans have built a wall across Berlin.
(b) The President has been killed.
(c) The Russians have tested a nuclear bomb.
(d) The Cubans have declared war.
5. Where does Russ Hodges interview the players?
(a) In the commentary box.
(b) In the car lot.
(c) On the diamond.
(d) In the clubhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car is the man driving across the desert?
2. What are Klara and her friends doing in the desert?
3. How does Nick daughter's life change in this section?
4. Who does the author call the voice of the Giants?
5. What baseball team does Nick support?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)