|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way to vary word balloons?
2. Whose uneven lines pantomimed the inner struggles of modern life?
3. In what year were the three additive primaries isolated?
4. Which of the following is NOT a form of self-expression and communication?
5. Which of the following is NOT an example of possible primitive art?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the typical artist who finds idea/purpose after creating art.
2. Describe the difference between the additive primaries and the subtractive primaries.
3. Why was the four-color process created?
4. What is synaesthetics?
5. How can a word balloon vary?
6. How can backgrounds indicate invisible ideas such as emotions?
7. Why do people think words and pictures together is more simplistic than either art individually?
8. Describe the process of creating art using the six-step path.
9. Does the six-step path need to be completed in a specific order?
10. What three aspects of art benefit humans from an evolutionary standpoint?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
New media is often judged by the standards of the old. Do you think these are appropriate standards? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Art can be thought of as any human activity that doesn't grow out of either basic instinct of survival and reproduction. Do you think this is a good definition of art? Can you think of how art could be motivated by survival or reproduction?
Essay Topic 3
McCloud states that "to kill a man between panels is to condemn him to a thousand deaths." What does he mean by this statement? What is the reader's involvement in the space between panels, the gutter?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)