|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Show and Tell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following artists uses more transitions than normal?
(a) G. Hernandez
(b) Jack Kirby
(c) Osamu Tezuka
2. Using the example of driving to illustrate non-visual awareness, what is the likely response of the driver of the vehicle being struck if one car hits another?
(a) "His car hit me!"
(b) "He hit me!"
(c) "He hit my car!"
(d) "His car hit my car!"
3. Which comic artist introduced the storytelling techniques used in most mainstream comics?
(a) Charles Schultz
(b) Mary Fleener
(c) Jack Kirby
(d) Stan Lee
4. The author describes comics as a ______, or a medium which "can hold any number of ideas and images."
5. What techniques can be used to create timelessness?
(a) Bleeding a panel
(b) All of the above
(c) Silent panel with no clues as to duration
(d) A borderless panel
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following contributed to the shift in resemblance towards meaning in art?
2. What invention had a significant effect on comics?
3. Which of the following is true?
4. Whose work often evoked a world of depravity and morbid decay through dense puddles of ink and fraying linework?
5. In the time after the printing press, which art form was obsessed with resemblance, light and color?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)