|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Show and Tell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following artists uses more transitions than normal?
(a) Osamu Tezuka
(c) Jack Kirby
(d) G. Hernandez
2. After impressionism, art experienced a shift away from _______ and toward _______.
(a) picture plane; resemblance
(b) picture plane; meaning
(c) meaning; picture plane
(d) resemblance; meaning
3. Which is an example of our ability to extend our identities into inanimate objects?
(d) All of the above
4. What kind of combination treats words as integral parts of the picture?
(a) Word specific
5. What is the phenomenon of observing the parts but perceiving the whole?
Short Answer Questions
1. Using the pictorial vocabulary pyramid, Mary Fleener's style is NOT typically comprised of ________.
2. What combination has pictures that illustrate but don't significantly add to a largely complete text?
3. Who came up with the first symbols to record certain commodities?
4. What is an example of comics that is not referred to as comics?
5. Who is the 44th comic artist listed in the triangle?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)