|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Show and Tell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another word for motion lines?
(b) Swoosh signs
2. In a panel with a lot of action, such as the one on page 95, each figure is arranged sequentially and the audience will read them left to right. This could be argued as fitting the definition of _______.
3. Who does the author say is the father of modern comics?
(a) Stan Lee
(b) Will Eisner
(c) Scott McCloud
(d) Rudolphe Töpffer
4. Which of the following point in time of the panel is represented by where your eyes are focused?
5. Who said, "Art does not reproduce the visible; rather it makes visible?"
(a) Wassily Kandinsky
(b) French poet Baudelaire
(c) Richard Wagner
(d) Paul Klee
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country's artists widely adopted photographic trickery such as blurring and streaking soon after its inception?
2. What combination has words add a soundtrack to a largely complete picture?
3. Whose work often evoked a world of depravity and morbid decay through dense puddles of ink and fraying linework?
4. What is the concept of uniting different art forms associated with different senses?
5. In comics, words represent that which can only exist in time, _______.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)