|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Time Frames.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When and where did the author think comics originated?
(a) Tapestry detailing the Norman Conquest of England, in 1066
(b) Has no idea
(c) Egyptian hieroglyphics, 32 centuries ago
(d) Picture manuscript "discovered" by Cortes, around 1519
2. The author likens the representation of Egyptian hieroglyphics to which of the following?
3. What transition features a single subject in distinct progressions?
4. Which of the following can lengthen the pause between panels?
(a) All of the above
(b) The number of panels
(c) The space between panels
(d) The content of the panels
5. What is the space between comic panels called?
(a) The ditch
(b) The gutter
(c) The frame
(d) The jump
Short Answer Questions
1. The art of comics is as _______ as it is ________.
2. "To kill a man between panels is to condemn him to ___________."
3. The author describes comics as a ______, or a medium which "can hold any number of ideas and images."
4. What transition bypasses time and sets a wandering eye on different aspects of the same place, idea or mood?
5. Japanese comics artists also drew more realistic characters to emphasize __________________________.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)