|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Time Frames.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Panel shapes affect which of the following?
2. Closure in comics fosters an intimacy between ________________________.
(a) the creator and audience
(b) the artist and the publisher
(c) the reader and the frame
(d) the brand and the distributor
3. Herge's Tintin was characterized by very iconic characters with unusually realistic backgrounds. This style is called _______.
4. The author describes comics as a ______, or a medium which "can hold any number of ideas and images."
5. Which of the following is NOT an American comic artist that uses the style of creating one set of lines to see and another to be?
(a) Dave Sim and Derhard
(b) Carl Barks
(c) Jaime Hernandez
(d) Tom King
Short Answer Questions
1. Each panel of a comic shows a ______________________.
2. What invention had a significant effect on comics?
3. Visual iconography is to vocabulary as closure is to _______________.
4. The author likens the representation of Egyptian hieroglyphics to which of the following?
5. Because artists don't expect audiences to identify with backgrounds such as brick walls or landscapes, backgrounds tend to be more ______ than the story's characters.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)