|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Time Frames.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does McCloud loosely define cartooning?
(a) A form of amplification through complication
(b) A form of amplification through simplification
(c) A form of compression through complication
(d) A form of compression through simplification
2. In a panel with a lot of action, such as the one on page 95, each figure is arranged sequentially and the audience will read them left to right. This could be argued as fitting the definition of _______.
3. Which of the following point in time of the panel is represented by where your eyes are focused?
4. What type of magazine kept comics alive before the 20th century?
(a) American writing
(b) British caricature
(c) German cartoon
(d) French art
5. Pictures are ______ information. Writing is _______ information.
(a) received; received
(b) perceived; perceived
(c) received; perceived
(d) perceived; received
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the 44th comic artist listed in the triangle?
2. Which of the following is true?
3. Who was the woodcut artist known for his silent "Woodcut Novels" of fables?
4. Panel shapes affect which of the following?
5. Using the pictorial vocabulary pyramid, Herges' style is typically comprised of __________________.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)