|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Time Frames.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following artists uses more transitions than normal?
(a) Osamu Tezuka
(b) G. Hernandez
(d) Jack Kirby
2. What transition stays within a scene or idea and requires more closure from the reader in order to find the transition meaningful?
3. What transition offers no logical relationship between panels?
4. The art of comics is as _______ as it is ________.
(a) humorous; generous
(b) subtractive; additive
(c) divisive; multiplicative
(d) meaningless; abstract
5. Which pair of words does not relate to each other, in terms of comic style?
(a) Complex; simple
(b) Famous; anonymous
(c) Realistic; iconic
(d) Objective; subjective
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an example of comics that is not referred to as comics?
2. What type of magazine kept comics alive before the 20th century?
3. Closure in comics fosters an intimacy between ________________________.
4. Using the example of driving to illustrate non-visual awareness, what is the likely response of the driver of the vehicle being struck if one car hits another?
5. Who first observed that people growing up in the late 20th century wanted roles more than goals?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)