Chapter 1, Setting the Record Straight
1. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Rudolphe Töpffer
(b) Scott McCloud
(c) Stan Lee
(d) Will Eisner
2. Who does the author say is the father of modern comics?
(a) Will Eisner
(b) Stan Lee
(c) Scott McCloud
(d) Rudolphe Töpffer
3. When does the author begin practicing to be a comics artist?
(a) In tenth grade
(b) Since he could pick up a pencil
(c) During his first office job
(d) After his dog dies
4. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of comics, as defined in Understanding Comics?
(a) Intended to convey information and/or produce an aesthetic response in the viewer
(c) In deliberate sequence
(d) Juxtaposed pictorial and other images
5. The author describes comics as a ______, or a medium which "can hold any number of ideas and images."
6. The author believes that comics is an art form similar to which of the following?
(a) Written word
(b) All of the above
This section contains 3,724 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)