Chapter 1, Setting the Record Straight
1. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Stan Lee
(b) Rudolphe Töpffer
(c) Scott McCloud
(d) Will Eisner
2. Who does the author say is the father of modern comics?
(a) Rudolphe Töpffer
(b) Scott McCloud
(c) Will Eisner
(d) Stan Lee
3. When does the author begin practicing to be a comics artist?
(a) During his first office job
(b) After his dog dies
(c) In tenth grade
(d) Since he could pick up a pencil
4. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of comics, as defined in Understanding Comics?
(a) In deliberate sequence
(c) Juxtaposed pictorial and other images
(d) Intended to convey information and/or produce an aesthetic response in the viewer
5. The author describes comics as a ______, or a medium which "can hold any number of ideas and images."
6. The author believes that comics is an art form similar to which of the following?
(b) All of the above
(c) Written word
This section contains 3,724 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)