|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James do when he realizes that he person he thought he saw was actually not that person?
2. James decided that Magdalen had been double-crossed by _____________, who had probably ditched her.
3. James receives a telegram from Magdalen, telling him to come to __________ as quickly as possible.
4. James forgot that the day was the announcement of the Prix Goncourt, the annual ______________ award.
5. Hugo tells James that it is really ____________ who is in love with him, rather than who James loved.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James seems to be a man who wants to always get things from others, though he does not seem as keen to give others things in return.
Part 1: Why do you think James seems to be such a mooch?
Part 2: Why do you think James does not seem to give anything in return for what he has been given?
Part 3: Could you be friends with James? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
James seems to be interested initially in the idea of acting as Sadie's bodyguard in exchange for living in her home.
Part 1: Why do you think James is interested in becoming another's bodyguard?
Part 2: Do you think James would make a good bodyguard? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Sadie feels she needs a bodyguard in order to be safe?
Essay Topic 3
Right after turning down the job, James realizes his mistake, noting that money has always been the most important thing in the world.
Part 1: Do you believe that all James cares about is money? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think money is the most important thing in the world? Why or why not?
Part 3: Would you rather take a fulfilling job or a high paying job? Why?
This section contains 1,551 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)