|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. James acknowledged Dave when he brought him meals __________ a day.
2. What was James presented with after waking up from his nap at his friend's house?
3. _____________ seemed to be a separate being now to James, his memories of her had been transformed.
4. What did James find when he walked into Hugo's house? What had taken over the space?
5. Who does James think stole his copy of Breteuil's book that he had been working on?
Essay Topic 1
James decides that he just needs to write a play which will reach more people than a novel will.
Part 1: Do you think a novel is a strong mode of communication? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think a play is a strong mode of communication? Why or why not?
Part 3: Which medium is best for political movements: plays or novels? Why?
Essay Topic 2
James, when he wakes up in the park, realizes that fate is trying to tell him to fix certain problems in his life.
Part 1: Why do you think James is confident in the idea of fate?
Part 2: Do you believe in the idea of fate? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James is correct in thinking that he needs to resolve the past before moving forward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
When James realizes that his manuscript may have been stolen, he just concedes to that fact.
Part 1: Why do you think James is pretty calm about someone stealing his work?
Part 2: Would you have been as calm if you found out that someone stole your work? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think James should have reacted to this news? Why?
This section contains 1,538 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)