|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ seemed to be a separate being now to James, his memories of her had been transformed.
2. Who is the orator in the scene in which James finds himself as he is looking for Hugo?
3. James decided the only thing for him to do was to go out for ___________ with Mr. Mars.
4. What is NOT one of James' duties at his new job at the hospital where he now works?
5. James acknowledged Dave when he brought him meals __________ a day.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James seems to be a man who wants to always get things from others, though he does not seem as keen to give others things in return.
Part 1: Why do you think James seems to be such a mooch?
Part 2: Why do you think James does not seem to give anything in return for what he has been given?
Part 3: Could you be friends with James? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
James decides that he just needs to write a play which will reach more people than a novel will.
Part 1: Do you think a novel is a strong mode of communication? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think a play is a strong mode of communication? Why or why not?
Part 3: Which medium is best for political movements: plays or novels? Why?
Essay Topic 3
When James realizes that his manuscript may have been stolen, he just concedes to that fact.
Part 1: Why do you think James is pretty calm about someone stealing his work?
Part 2: Would you have been as calm if you found out that someone stole your work? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think James should have reacted to this news? Why?
This section contains 1,552 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)