|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James find when he walked into Hugo's house? What had taken over the space?
2. Whose voice singing on the radio makes James realize that this person is completely gone from his life?
3. Where did James find himself one night when he and Mr. Mars were out on a walk?
4. Who is the orator in the scene in which James finds himself as he is looking for Hugo?
5. Hugo tells James that it is really ____________ who is in love with him, rather than who James loved.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James wrote a book based on the ideas he cleaned from Hugo, which seemed to cause a divide in their friendship.
Part 1: Why do you think James idolized Hugo so much?
Part 2: Do you believe James had the right to write a book based on Hugo's ideas and thoughts? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Hugo was made at James for writing the book? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
James notices that Dave always has a lot of friends around, but he does not remain friends with most of them.
Part 1: Why do you think Dave always keeps a lot of people around?
Part 2: Do you prefer to have a lot of friends or just a few close friends? Why?
Part 3: Why do you think James is quick to point out Dave's misgivings in terms of friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Since Magdalen has agreed to marry another man, she kicks out Finn and James from her house.
Part 1: Why do you think Magdalen let the men stay with her in the first place?
Part 2: Would you have let two grown men live with you even if you had no relationship with them? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's fair for Magdalen to kick the two men out of her home? Why or why not?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)