|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. James decided the only thing for him to do was to go out for ___________ with Mr. Mars.
2. What is NOT one of James' duties at his new job at the hospital where he now works?
3. _____________ seemed to be a separate being now to James, his memories of her had been transformed.
4. When he returned, James found out that ________ had taken his share of the racetrack money and had not been heard from since.
5. Into whose room does James try to sneak in the middle of the night, much to the displeasure of the patient?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though he would be paid a lot for doing a little, James turns down the job offer.
Part 1: Why do you think James decided to turn down the job offer?
Part 2: Would you have turned down that job offer if you were in James' shoes? Why or why not?
Part 3: Should James have turned down that job? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
As James begins to look for Hugo, he realizes that Sadie has locked him in the house, so he needs to pick the locks to get out of the house.
Part 1: Why do you think that Sadie decided to lock James into the house?
Part 2: Do you think Sadie is a crazy person? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James should have realized that Sadie might have tried something like that? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
James uses flirting and his appearance in order to get others to do things for him.
Part 1: Would you call James a manipulative person? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you use your charms or your appearance to get things you want? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think no one seems to see through James' plots to get what he wants?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)