|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. James assumed his lost friend was just out ___________ and that he would return in a few days.
2. James heads back to ___________ flat in order to pack up his things and leave a thank you note.
3. Who is brought along on James' reconnaissance mission to find the stolen manuscript?
4. James forgot that the day was the announcement of the Prix Goncourt, the annual ______________ award.
5. James' need to share his __________ was overwhelming, so he sent a telegram to Dave and to Finn.
Essay Topic 1
James, when he wakes up in the park, realizes that fate is trying to tell him to fix certain problems in his life.
Part 1: Why do you think James is confident in the idea of fate?
Part 2: Do you believe in the idea of fate? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James is correct in thinking that he needs to resolve the past before moving forward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
As James begins to look for Hugo, he realizes that Sadie has locked him in the house, so he needs to pick the locks to get out of the house.
Part 1: Why do you think that Sadie decided to lock James into the house?
Part 2: Do you think Sadie is a crazy person? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James should have realized that Sadie might have tried something like that? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
James seems to be interested initially in the idea of acting as Sadie's bodyguard in exchange for living in her home.
Part 1: Why do you think James is interested in becoming another's bodyguard?
Part 2: Do you think James would make a good bodyguard? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Sadie feels she needs a bodyguard in order to be safe?
This section contains 1,548 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)