|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ had been the most important thing in the world to James, he realizes after refusing the job.
2. Where did James find himself one night when he and Mr. Mars were out on a walk?
3. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
4. What does James do when he realizes that he person he thought he saw was actually not that person?
5. James got along well with the young nurses, but the _________ were still skeptical of him at his job.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James realizes that his memories for Anna have been transformed by the end of the book.
Part 1: Why do you think James wanted to be with Anna in the first place?
Part 2: Do you think Anna and James would have made a good couple? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think James' feelings change?
Essay Topic 2
James seems to be interested initially in the idea of acting as Sadie's bodyguard in exchange for living in her home.
Part 1: Why do you think James is interested in becoming another's bodyguard?
Part 2: Do you think James would make a good bodyguard? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Sadie feels she needs a bodyguard in order to be safe?
Essay Topic 3
Since Magdalen has agreed to marry another man, she kicks out Finn and James from her house.
Part 1: Why do you think Magdalen let the men stay with her in the first place?
Part 2: Would you have let two grown men live with you even if you had no relationship with them? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's fair for Magdalen to kick the two men out of her home? Why or why not?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)