|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. James began to work on the ___________ ward six days a week and he really liked doing it.
2. Hugo tells James that it is really ____________ who is in love with him, rather than who James loved.
3. James decided the only thing for him to do was to go out for ___________ with Mr. Mars.
4. ___________ had been the most important thing in the world to James, he realizes after refusing the job.
5. James told Hugo that he felt awful about the __________ and wanted to let him know himself.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James wrote a book based on the ideas he cleaned from Hugo, which seemed to cause a divide in their friendship.
Part 1: Why do you think James idolized Hugo so much?
Part 2: Do you believe James had the right to write a book based on Hugo's ideas and thoughts? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Hugo was made at James for writing the book? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
James uses flirting and his appearance in order to get others to do things for him.
Part 1: Would you call James a manipulative person? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you use your charms or your appearance to get things you want? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think no one seems to see through James' plots to get what he wants?
Essay Topic 3
Since Magdalen has agreed to marry another man, she kicks out Finn and James from her house.
Part 1: Why do you think Magdalen let the men stay with her in the first place?
Part 2: Would you have let two grown men live with you even if you had no relationship with them? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's fair for Magdalen to kick the two men out of her home? Why or why not?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)