|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ had been a monolith to James and now James thought as to whether he would ever see him again.
2. James and Mr. Mars would spend their lunch hour thinking about the benefits of having performed some ____________.
3. Once James began to feel better, he got the urge to contact ________ again in order to talk.
4. James assumed his lost friend was just out ___________ and that he would return in a few days.
5. Who did James see walking up to Hugo's with Lefty Todd in order to get Hugo's stuff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James seems to be interested initially in the idea of acting as Sadie's bodyguard in exchange for living in her home.
Part 1: Why do you think James is interested in becoming another's bodyguard?
Part 2: Do you think James would make a good bodyguard? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Sadie feels she needs a bodyguard in order to be safe?
Essay Topic 2
James uses flirting and his appearance in order to get others to do things for him.
Part 1: Would you call James a manipulative person? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you use your charms or your appearance to get things you want? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think no one seems to see through James' plots to get what he wants?
Essay Topic 3
Anna is a mysterious figure in the story, capturing James' heart and yet stringing him along.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna is so mysterious in the story?
Part 2: Do you think James should still be in love with Anna? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Anna decides to string James along for so long?
This section contains 1,557 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)