|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
2. What is the job that Magdalen is offering to James, giving him the opportunity to make a lot of money for basically no work?
3. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
4. How much did Sadie and Sammy want for all of the rights to Mr. Mars, the celebrity dog?
5. James decided the only thing for him to do was to go out for ___________ with Mr. Mars.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James notices that Dave always has a lot of friends around, but he does not remain friends with most of them.
Part 1: Why do you think Dave always keeps a lot of people around?
Part 2: Do you prefer to have a lot of friends or just a few close friends? Why?
Part 3: Why do you think James is quick to point out Dave's misgivings in terms of friendship?
Essay Topic 2
When James realizes that his manuscript may have been stolen, he just concedes to that fact.
Part 1: Why do you think James is pretty calm about someone stealing his work?
Part 2: Would you have been as calm if you found out that someone stole your work? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think James should have reacted to this news? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Even though he would be paid a lot for doing a little, James turns down the job offer.
Part 1: Why do you think James decided to turn down the job offer?
Part 2: Would you have turned down that job offer if you were in James' shoes? Why or why not?
Part 3: Should James have turned down that job? Why or why not?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)