|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ had been a monolith to James and now James thought as to whether he would ever see him again.
2. Hugo tells James that it is really ____________ who is in love with him, rather than who James loved.
3. How much did Sadie and Sammy want for all of the rights to Mr. Mars, the celebrity dog?
4. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
5. What was James presented with after waking up from his nap at his friend's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James is summoned to Paris by Magdalen, and he decides to go and to meet her there.
Part 1: Why do you think Magdalen wanted James to come to Paris with her?
Part 2: Would you go to Paris at the summoning of someone else? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James should have gone to see Magdalen? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Anna is a mysterious figure in the story, capturing James' heart and yet stringing him along.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna is so mysterious in the story?
Part 2: Do you think James should still be in love with Anna? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Anna decides to string James along for so long?
Essay Topic 3
James, when he wakes up in the park, realizes that fate is trying to tell him to fix certain problems in his life.
Part 1: Why do you think James is confident in the idea of fate?
Part 2: Do you believe in the idea of fate? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James is correct in thinking that he needs to resolve the past before moving forward? Why or why not?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)