|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. James and Mr. Mars would spend their lunch hour thinking about the benefits of having performed some ____________.
2. Who had James originally left the manuscript which seems to have been stolen with?
3. Who does James receive a check from in the pile of mail that has been held for him?
4. Where did James find himself one night when he and Mr. Mars were out on a walk?
5. ___________ had been the most important thing in the world to James, he realizes after refusing the job.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When James finally comes upon Hugo after his lengthy search, he's not quite sure what to say to him.
Part 1: Why do you think James was so intent on finding Hugo in the story?
Part 2: Why might James have been so nervous upon seeing Hugo again?
Part 3: How might James have started the conversation with Hugo in a different way?
Essay Topic 2
Even though he would be paid a lot for doing a little, James turns down the job offer.
Part 1: Why do you think James decided to turn down the job offer?
Part 2: Would you have turned down that job offer if you were in James' shoes? Why or why not?
Part 3: Should James have turned down that job? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
James and his friends seem to want to find adventures wherever they can, heading out on missions to find people, picking locks, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think the men are always looking for adventures in their life?
Part 2: Do you think the men in the story should be spending their time otherwise? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do the men in the story seem mature? Why or why not?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)