|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ had been a monolith to James and now James thought as to whether he would ever see him again.
2. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
3. James told Hugo that he felt awful about the __________ and wanted to let him know himself.
4. Hugo decided that he wanted to ___________ his life, so he was giving away all of his possessions and money.
5. What was James presented with after waking up from his nap at his friend's house?
Essay Topic 1
James, when he wakes up in the park, realizes that fate is trying to tell him to fix certain problems in his life.
Part 1: Why do you think James is confident in the idea of fate?
Part 2: Do you believe in the idea of fate? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James is correct in thinking that he needs to resolve the past before moving forward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
James decides that he just needs to write a play which will reach more people than a novel will.
Part 1: Do you think a novel is a strong mode of communication? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think a play is a strong mode of communication? Why or why not?
Part 3: Which medium is best for political movements: plays or novels? Why?
Essay Topic 3
James and his friends seem to want to find adventures wherever they can, heading out on missions to find people, picking locks, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think the men are always looking for adventures in their life?
Part 2: Do you think the men in the story should be spending their time otherwise? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do the men in the story seem mature? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,548 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)