|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
2. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
3. Where did James notice a sudden crowd begin to form as he enjoyed his breakfast?
4. What is James' reaction to the job offer which comes from Magdalen when he goes to visit her?
5. ___________ had been the most important thing in the world to James, he realizes after refusing the job.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Since Magdalen has agreed to marry another man, she kicks out Finn and James from her house.
Part 1: Why do you think Magdalen let the men stay with her in the first place?
Part 2: Would you have let two grown men live with you even if you had no relationship with them? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's fair for Magdalen to kick the two men out of her home? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
James realizes that his memories for Anna have been transformed by the end of the book.
Part 1: Why do you think James wanted to be with Anna in the first place?
Part 2: Do you think Anna and James would have made a good couple? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think James' feelings change?
Essay Topic 3
James uses flirting and his appearance in order to get others to do things for him.
Part 1: Would you call James a manipulative person? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you use your charms or your appearance to get things you want? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think no one seems to see through James' plots to get what he wants?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)