|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finally, James comes upon a sign which directs him to the location of Anna: _______ Room, Miss Quentin.
2. What does James come to find out when he arrives where Anna and he were supposed to meet up?
3. How much older is Anna than James is, according to his memory?
4. What is the name of the aide who tells James that they have been kicked out of their current living arrangements?
5. What does the other person in the room with James have in his hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the guard eventually let James into the film studio where Hugo is working in this book?
2. What did Sadie tell James about Mr. Mars in a letter addressed to James in this book?
3. What did the group of men find when they got to the fourth level in the building where Hugo was supposed to be?
4. What is James afraid has been stolen from him when he was living at Magdalen's?
5. What is the reason for the festivities in Paris on the day that James contemplates the way he turned down the job?
6. Why finally convinced James that it would be okay to be Sadie's bodyguard in this book?
7. What happened when James let himself in to Magdalen's house to pick up his things?
8. What is James now thinking about Anna and about her place in his life in this book?
9. What happened when the group of men got to Hugo's door? What did they find?
10. What does Magdalen reveal as the reason for beckoning James to come to Paris to see her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James and his friends seem to want to find adventures wherever they can, heading out on missions to find people, picking locks, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think the men are always looking for adventures in their life?
Part 2: Do you think the men in the story should be spending their time otherwise? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do the men in the story seem mature? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
James uses flirting and his appearance in order to get others to do things for him.
Part 1: Would you call James a manipulative person? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you use your charms or your appearance to get things you want? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think no one seems to see through James' plots to get what he wants?
Essay Topic 3
James wrote a book based on the ideas he cleaned from Hugo, which seemed to cause a divide in their friendship.
Part 1: Why do you think James idolized Hugo so much?
Part 2: Do you believe James had the right to write a book based on Hugo's ideas and thoughts? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Hugo was made at James for writing the book? Why or why not?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)