|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. James concluded that Sadie must be ___________ about the stalking situation, so he agreed to help.
2. Where does James go after learning about his bets with Sammy Starfield?
3. Where does Anna want James to meet up with her, as she states in a letter to him?
4. Who does James recognized Sadie's boss to be, even though he has taken on a new name?
5. Who does Finn suggest James contact in order to find a new place to stay for a while?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is James convinced that fate is trying to do for him in his life in this book?
2. What does James do after he wakes up in the park after trying to see Anna in this book?
3. What does James think about marriage in relation to his own life and decisions in this book?
4. What did Sadie tell James about Mr. Mars in a letter addressed to James in this book?
5. What did Sadie tell James to do when he arrived at her house to move into her flat in this book?
6. What does Finn inform James at the start of the book, setting off a chain of events in this book?
7. What are some of the tasks James gets to do at his new job in this book?
8. Why does Sadie want James to move into her house a little earlier than he expected?
9. What does Magdalen reveal as the reason for beckoning James to come to Paris to see her?
10. What does Dave notice James doing, which prompts him to immediately tell James no?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James seems to be interested initially in the idea of acting as Sadie's bodyguard in exchange for living in her home.
Part 1: Why do you think James is interested in becoming another's bodyguard?
Part 2: Do you think James would make a good bodyguard? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Sadie feels she needs a bodyguard in order to be safe?
Essay Topic 2
James and his friends seem to want to find adventures wherever they can, heading out on missions to find people, picking locks, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think the men are always looking for adventures in their life?
Part 2: Do you think the men in the story should be spending their time otherwise? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do the men in the story seem mature? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
James uses flirting and his appearance in order to get others to do things for him.
Part 1: Would you call James a manipulative person? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you use your charms or your appearance to get things you want? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think no one seems to see through James' plots to get what he wants?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)