|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does James recognized Sadie's boss to be, even though he has taken on a new name?
2. Who was Sadie talking with as James overheard the conversation from outside?
3. James realizes that one of the masked actors on the stage that night must have been __________.
4. Anna lets James know she has had an ____________ that she doesn't like, but can not turn down.
5. Dave believes that if James would just get a __________, then all of his angst would go away.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Sammy and Sadie talking about as James is outside the house, eavesdropping?
2. How do the three men spend their time at the bar once they arrive in this book?
3. What do Lefty and James decide to buy in order to continue their talks with Dave and Finn in tow?
4. What did James find upon arriving at Hugo's flat during his wanderings around town?
5. What does James find is at the address which he has uncovered for Anna's current location?
6. What is James afraid has been stolen from him when he was living at Magdalen's?
7. What does Dave find that allows the men to figure out where Hugo has gone in this book?
8. What does James buy on his way to see Sadie as he passes a shop on Oxford Street in this book?
9. What happened when James let himself in to Magdalen's house to pick up his things?
10. What did James do to Anna as he felt that they would be conversing like two old acquaintances in a few moments?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though he would be paid a lot for doing a little, James turns down the job offer.
Part 1: Why do you think James decided to turn down the job offer?
Part 2: Would you have turned down that job offer if you were in James' shoes? Why or why not?
Part 3: Should James have turned down that job? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
James, when he wakes up in the park, realizes that fate is trying to tell him to fix certain problems in his life.
Part 1: Why do you think James is confident in the idea of fate?
Part 2: Do you believe in the idea of fate? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James is correct in thinking that he needs to resolve the past before moving forward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
James and his friends seem to want to find adventures wherever they can, heading out on missions to find people, picking locks, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think the men are always looking for adventures in their life?
Part 2: Do you think the men in the story should be spending their time otherwise? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do the men in the story seem mature? Why or why not?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)