|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James open in order to make sure Magdalen has not forgotten to pack anything when she took his things from the house?
2. Anna lets James know she has had an ____________ that she doesn't like, but can not turn down.
3. All that Sadie and Sammy apparently need is for ________ to sign on the dotted line.
4. Sadie said that all they needed to do was to present him with the ______________, the script, and the contracts.
5. What is the outcome of James' placing a bet with Sammy after receiving unexpected money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the group of men got to Hugo's door? What did they find?
2. What did Sadie tell James about Mr. Mars in a letter addressed to James in this book?
3. What was James' immediate response to becoming Sadie's bodyguard in this book?
4. What does Sadie explain as being all they have to do in order to put their plan in place?
5. What did the men decide the noises they heard must of been, as opposed to a party?
6. What did James find upon arriving at Hugo's flat during his wanderings around town?
7. Why did Sammy offer James 200 pounds when James sees him at Magdalen's house in this book?
8. What do Lefty and James decide to buy in order to continue their talks with Dave and Finn in tow?
9. What does Dave find that allows the men to figure out where Hugo has gone in this book?
10. What does the telegram that James receives at the cafe reveal to him in this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James notices that Dave always has a lot of friends around, but he does not remain friends with most of them.
Part 1: Why do you think Dave always keeps a lot of people around?
Part 2: Do you prefer to have a lot of friends or just a few close friends? Why?
Part 3: Why do you think James is quick to point out Dave's misgivings in terms of friendship?
Essay Topic 2
James seems to be interested initially in the idea of acting as Sadie's bodyguard in exchange for living in her home.
Part 1: Why do you think James is interested in becoming another's bodyguard?
Part 2: Do you think James would make a good bodyguard? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Sadie feels she needs a bodyguard in order to be safe?
Essay Topic 3
When James finally comes upon Hugo after his lengthy search, he's not quite sure what to say to him.
Part 1: Why do you think James was so intent on finding Hugo in the story?
Part 2: Why might James have been so nervous upon seeing Hugo again?
Part 3: How might James have started the conversation with Hugo in a different way?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)