Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sadie told James to pick one of the ________ as his own and then she left for the day.
2. James notes that Anna is a bit ___________ and a bit grayer, but still beautiful.
3. What does James come to find out when he arrives where Anna and he were supposed to meet up?
4. What does James do as soon as he lands in the grass in his new location?
5. James also works on translating what sorts of novels into English?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the next idea of James when Dave will not let him stay at his house in this book?
2. What do Finn and James find upon breaking into Sammy's place to find the script?
3. What does James watch Lefty do when he is in the movie studio set in this book?
4. What happened when the group of men got to Hugo's door? What did they find?
5. What does James think about marriage in relation to his own life and decisions in this book?
6. Why finally convinced James that it would be okay to be Sadie's bodyguard in this book?
7. What does Anna's explanation reveal to James by means of a note addressed to him in this book?
8. What was in the bundle of letters that Finn was holding for James in this book?
9. What does James find is at the address which he has uncovered for Anna's current location?
10. Why did the guard eventually let James into the film studio where Hugo is working in this book?
Essay Topic 1
James running into the arrangement of masks seems to be a symbolic scene.
Part 1: How does James wear a mask in his own life during the story?
Part 2: Why might it be symbolic for Anna to work in a place which has masks at its entryway?
Part 3: Do you think everyone wears a mask at some point? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Since Magdalen has agreed to marry another man, she kicks out Finn and James from her house.
Part 1: Why do you think Magdalen let the men stay with her in the first place?
Part 2: Would you have let two grown men live with you even if you had no relationship with them? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's fair for Magdalen to kick the two men out of her home? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
When James realizes that his manuscript may have been stolen, he just concedes to that fact.
Part 1: Why do you think James is pretty calm about someone stealing his work?
Part 2: Would you have been as calm if you found out that someone stole your work? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think James should have reacted to this news? Why?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)