Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sadie told James to pick one of the ________ as his own and then she left for the day.
2. James notes that Anna is a bit ___________ and a bit grayer, but still beautiful.
3. What does James come to find out when he arrives where Anna and he were supposed to meet up?
4. What does James do as soon as he lands in the grass in his new location?
5. James also works on translating what sorts of novels into English?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the next idea of James when Dave will not let him stay at his house in this book?
2. What do Finn and James find upon breaking into Sammy's place to find the script?
3. What does James watch Lefty do when he is in the movie studio set in this book?
4. What happened when the group of men got to Hugo's door? What did they find?
5. What does James think about marriage in relation to his own life and decisions in this book?
6. Why finally convinced James that it would be okay to be Sadie's bodyguard in this book?
7. What does Anna's explanation reveal to James by means of a note addressed to him in this book?
8. What was in the bundle of letters that Finn was holding for James in this book?
9. What does James find is at the address which he has uncovered for Anna's current location?
10. Why did the guard eventually let James into the film studio where Hugo is working in this book?
Essay Topic 1
James is summoned to Paris by Magdalen, and he decides to go and to meet her there.
Part 1: Why do you think Magdalen wanted James to come to Paris with her?
Part 2: Would you go to Paris at the summoning of someone else? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James should have gone to see Magdalen? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
James, when he wakes up in the park, realizes that fate is trying to tell him to fix certain problems in his life.
Part 1: Why do you think James is confident in the idea of fate?
Part 2: Do you believe in the idea of fate? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James is correct in thinking that he needs to resolve the past before moving forward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
James and his friends seem to want to find adventures wherever they can, heading out on missions to find people, picking locks, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think the men are always looking for adventures in their life?
Part 2: Do you think the men in the story should be spending their time otherwise? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do the men in the story seem mature? Why or why not?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)