|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did the men look for on the building in order to find where Hugo was staying?
2. What is the name of the aide who tells James that they have been kicked out of their current living arrangements?
3. Whose name is listed inside of the book that James is surprised that Sadie would have?
4. James also works on translating what sorts of novels into English?
5. James begins to realize that his previous life was ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James decide to do as he is sitting and drinking coffee with Dave in this book?
2. What was in the bundle of letters that Finn was holding for James in this book?
3. What does Finn inform James at the start of the book, setting off a chain of events in this book?
4. What does James find out when he arrives at Sadie's house the following day in this book?
5. What did James do to Anna as he felt that they would be conversing like two old acquaintances in a few moments?
6. What did the group of men find when they got to the fourth level in the building where Hugo was supposed to be?
7. What does James do when he happens upon a hospital during a long walk with Mr. Mars?
8. What happened when the group of men got to Hugo's door? What did they find?
9. What does James find when he gets to the location where Anna had asked to meet him?
10. What is the reason for the festivities in Paris on the day that James contemplates the way he turned down the job?
Essay Topic 1
James uses flirting and his appearance in order to get others to do things for him.
Part 1: Would you call James a manipulative person? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you use your charms or your appearance to get things you want? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think no one seems to see through James' plots to get what he wants?
Essay Topic 2
James and his friends seem to want to find adventures wherever they can, heading out on missions to find people, picking locks, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think the men are always looking for adventures in their life?
Part 2: Do you think the men in the story should be spending their time otherwise? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do the men in the story seem mature? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
James is summoned to Paris by Magdalen, and he decides to go and to meet her there.
Part 1: Why do you think Magdalen wanted James to come to Paris with her?
Part 2: Would you go to Paris at the summoning of someone else? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James should have gone to see Magdalen? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,908 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)