|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James realize about the house when he decided to leave to find Hugo?
2. What does James focus on across the room after waking up from his nap?
3. What do the men look at when they jump over a wall and into a yard?
4. Who was Sadie talking with as James overheard the conversation from outside?
5. James begins to realize that some of the words that Anna used were _________ and not hers.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James find when he gets to the location where Anna had asked to meet him?
2. What was Finn's explanation for suddenly disappearing from the area in this book?
3. What is James now thinking about Anna and about her place in his life in this book?
4. What happened when James let himself in to Magdalen's house to pick up his things?
5. What does the telegram that James receives at the cafe reveal to him in this book?
6. What is Hugo's first reaction to James coming into his hospital room unannounced in this book?
7. What does James watch Lefty do when he is in the movie studio set in this book?
8. What does James do after he wakes up in the park after trying to see Anna in this book?
9. Why does it seem that James and Finn may have worn out their welcome where they were staying?
10. What did the men decide the noises they heard must of been, as opposed to a party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James seems to be interested initially in the idea of acting as Sadie's bodyguard in exchange for living in her home.
Part 1: Why do you think James is interested in becoming another's bodyguard?
Part 2: Do you think James would make a good bodyguard? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Sadie feels she needs a bodyguard in order to be safe?
Essay Topic 2
Right after turning down the job, James realizes his mistake, noting that money has always been the most important thing in the world.
Part 1: Do you believe that all James cares about is money? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think money is the most important thing in the world? Why or why not?
Part 3: Would you rather take a fulfilling job or a high paying job? Why?
Essay Topic 3
James uses flirting and his appearance in order to get others to do things for him.
Part 1: Would you call James a manipulative person? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you use your charms or your appearance to get things you want? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think no one seems to see through James' plots to get what he wants?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)