|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did James stop off in order to find lock picking supplies in order to break into someone's house?
2. James and _________ drink coffee in Convent Garden Market the next day.
3. James begins to realize that some of the words that Anna used were _________ and not hers.
4. James was not insulted by the offering of Sammy, but he did need the ____________.
5. What does James do as soon as he lands in the grass in his new location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the men decide the noises they heard must of been, as opposed to a party?
2. What does James find out when he arrives at Sadie's house the following day in this book?
3. What does the telegram that James receives at the cafe reveal to him in this book?
4. What does James decide to do as he is sitting and drinking coffee with Dave in this book?
5. What does James buy on his way to see Sadie as he passes a shop on Oxford Street in this book?
6. What does James do as he begins to settle into his new home at Sadie's flat in this book?
7. What water sources are eliminated because of the right security the men might encounter in trying to take a dip?
8. What is James convinced that fate is trying to do for him in his life in this book?
9. What does James learn about Finn upon his arrival at Dave's house after returning from Paris?
10. Why finally convinced James that it would be okay to be Sadie's bodyguard in this book?
Essay Topic 1
Since Magdalen has agreed to marry another man, she kicks out Finn and James from her house.
Part 1: Why do you think Magdalen let the men stay with her in the first place?
Part 2: Would you have let two grown men live with you even if you had no relationship with them? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's fair for Magdalen to kick the two men out of her home? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
As James begins to look for Hugo, he realizes that Sadie has locked him in the house, so he needs to pick the locks to get out of the house.
Part 1: Why do you think that Sadie decided to lock James into the house?
Part 2: Do you think Sadie is a crazy person? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James should have realized that Sadie might have tried something like that? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
James running into the arrangement of masks seems to be a symbolic scene.
Part 1: How does James wear a mask in his own life during the story?
Part 2: Why might it be symbolic for Anna to work in a place which has masks at its entryway?
Part 3: Do you think everyone wears a mask at some point? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,942 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)