|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lefty and James begin to realize they are both ____________ and have more in common than originally thought.
2. What is the profession of Magdalen's soon-to-be husband, Sammy Starfield?
3. Where does Lefty first have to make a stop after the men all decide to leave the pub?
4. James walks into the door at the landing and is greeting by seven or eight pairs of ___________.
5. Lefty said he'd heard that ___________ was a talented man who was too lazy to work.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the tasks James gets to do at his new job in this book?
2. What does Sadie explain as being all they have to do in order to put their plan in place?
3. What does Dave find that allows the men to figure out where Hugo has gone in this book?
4. What does Dave notice James doing, which prompts him to immediately tell James no?
5. What do Lefty and James decide to buy in order to continue their talks with Dave and Finn in tow?
6. What does James do as he begins to settle into his new home at Sadie's flat in this book?
7. What is James convinced that fate is trying to do for him in his life in this book?
8. What does James realize when he is at a bookstore in Paris and he sees a sudden crowd?
9. What did the men decide the noises they heard must of been, as opposed to a party?
10. What does James learn about Finn upon his arrival at Dave's house after returning from Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James seems to be interested initially in the idea of acting as Sadie's bodyguard in exchange for living in her home.
Part 1: Why do you think James is interested in becoming another's bodyguard?
Part 2: Do you think James would make a good bodyguard? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Sadie feels she needs a bodyguard in order to be safe?
Essay Topic 2
James running into the arrangement of masks seems to be a symbolic scene.
Part 1: How does James wear a mask in his own life during the story?
Part 2: Why might it be symbolic for Anna to work in a place which has masks at its entryway?
Part 3: Do you think everyone wears a mask at some point? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
James decides that he just needs to write a play which will reach more people than a novel will.
Part 1: Do you think a novel is a strong mode of communication? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think a play is a strong mode of communication? Why or why not?
Part 3: Which medium is best for political movements: plays or novels? Why?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)