|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. James began to work on his ___________, but he eventually fell asleep doing so.
2. Dave believes that if James would just get a __________, then all of his angst would go away.
3. What kind of flowers had James picked out to give to Anna?
4. Finn says it is a fine night for ____________ after the men leave the pub and begin to walk around.
5. Where does James walk off to once he jumps out of the truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James do after he wakes up in the park after trying to see Anna in this book?
2. What does James realize when he is at a bookstore in Paris and he sees a sudden crowd?
3. What is James now thinking about Anna and about her place in his life in this book?
4. What does James suddenly think might happen as he is on the way to take Mr. Mars to Sammy's flat?
5. What is the next idea of James when Dave will not let him stay at his house in this book?
6. What are some of the tasks James gets to do at his new job in this book?
7. What water sources are eliminated because of the right security the men might encounter in trying to take a dip?
8. What is James convinced that fate is trying to do for him in his life in this book?
9. What did the group of men find when they got to the fourth level in the building where Hugo was supposed to be?
10. What does James typically do for a living although he is actually a writer by trade in this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James is summoned to Paris by Magdalen, and he decides to go and to meet her there.
Part 1: Why do you think Magdalen wanted James to come to Paris with her?
Part 2: Would you go to Paris at the summoning of someone else? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James should have gone to see Magdalen? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
When James finally comes upon Hugo after his lengthy search, he's not quite sure what to say to him.
Part 1: Why do you think James was so intent on finding Hugo in the story?
Part 2: Why might James have been so nervous upon seeing Hugo again?
Part 3: How might James have started the conversation with Hugo in a different way?
Essay Topic 3
James seems to be interested initially in the idea of acting as Sadie's bodyguard in exchange for living in her home.
Part 1: Why do you think James is interested in becoming another's bodyguard?
Part 2: Do you think James would make a good bodyguard? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Sadie feels she needs a bodyguard in order to be safe?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)