|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. James decides that he wants to take ____________ to Anna when he goes to see her.
2. What is the outcome of James' placing a bet with Sammy after receiving unexpected money?
3. Where does James walk off to once he jumps out of the truck?
4. James begins to realize that his previous life was ________________.
5. Who does Anna have a singing act with, as James fondly recalls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James think about marriage in relation to his own life and decisions in this book?
2. Why did the guard eventually let James into the film studio where Hugo is working in this book?
3. Why can't James leave the house when he decides to go find Hugo after the phone call?
4. Why finally convinced James that it would be okay to be Sadie's bodyguard in this book?
5. What does James learn about Finn upon his arrival at Dave's house after returning from Paris?
6. What is James now thinking about Anna and about her place in his life in this book?
7. What happened when the group of men got to Hugo's door? What did they find?
8. What does James do when he happens upon a hospital during a long walk with Mr. Mars?
9. What does James find is at the address which he has uncovered for Anna's current location?
10. What did Sadie tell James about Mr. Mars in a letter addressed to James in this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James notices that Dave always has a lot of friends around, but he does not remain friends with most of them.
Part 1: Why do you think Dave always keeps a lot of people around?
Part 2: Do you prefer to have a lot of friends or just a few close friends? Why?
Part 3: Why do you think James is quick to point out Dave's misgivings in terms of friendship?
Essay Topic 2
James uses flirting and his appearance in order to get others to do things for him.
Part 1: Would you call James a manipulative person? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you use your charms or your appearance to get things you want? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think no one seems to see through James' plots to get what he wants?
Essay Topic 3
James seems to be a man who wants to always get things from others, though he does not seem as keen to give others things in return.
Part 1: Why do you think James seems to be such a mooch?
Part 2: Why do you think James does not seem to give anything in return for what he has been given?
Part 3: Could you be friends with James? Why or why not?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)