|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James realize was looking at him when he first opened up the door to the company?
2. What does James do as soon as he lands in the grass in his new location?
3. James shares the biscuits and other goodies he has taken from ____________ flat with the other men in the group.
4. James should have been kicked out of the house long ago as he hates nothing more than ______________.
5. How did the men get to Hugo's address when they eventually got James from Sadie's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hugo's first reaction to James coming into his hospital room unannounced in this book?
2. What do Finn and James find upon breaking into Sammy's place to find the script?
3. What is the reason for the festivities in Paris on the day that James contemplates the way he turned down the job?
4. What was Finn's explanation for suddenly disappearing from the area in this book?
5. What did Sadie tell James to do when he arrived at her house to move into her flat in this book?
6. What does James find out when he arrives at Sadie's house the following day in this book?
7. What is James afraid has been stolen from him when he was living at Magdalen's?
8. What did Sadie tell James about Mr. Mars in a letter addressed to James in this book?
9. What does James learn about Finn upon his arrival at Dave's house after returning from Paris?
10. What happened when the group of men got to Hugo's door? What did they find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James is summoned to Paris by Magdalen, and he decides to go and to meet her there.
Part 1: Why do you think Magdalen wanted James to come to Paris with her?
Part 2: Would you go to Paris at the summoning of someone else? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James should have gone to see Magdalen? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
James seems to be interested initially in the idea of acting as Sadie's bodyguard in exchange for living in her home.
Part 1: Why do you think James is interested in becoming another's bodyguard?
Part 2: Do you think James would make a good bodyguard? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Sadie feels she needs a bodyguard in order to be safe?
Essay Topic 3
Right after turning down the job, James realizes his mistake, noting that money has always been the most important thing in the world.
Part 1: Do you believe that all James cares about is money? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think money is the most important thing in the world? Why or why not?
Part 3: Would you rather take a fulfilling job or a high paying job? Why?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)