Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sadie told James to pick one of the ________ as his own and then she left for the day.
2. James notes that Anna is a bit ___________ and a bit grayer, but still beautiful.
3. What does James come to find out when he arrives where Anna and he were supposed to meet up?
4. What does James do as soon as he lands in the grass in his new location?
5. James also works on translating what sorts of novels into English?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the next idea of James when Dave will not let him stay at his house in this book?
2. What do Finn and James find upon breaking into Sammy's place to find the script?
3. What does James watch Lefty do when he is in the movie studio set in this book?
4. What happened when the group of men got to Hugo's door? What did they find?
5. What does James think about marriage in relation to his own life and decisions in this book?
6. Why finally convinced James that it would be okay to be Sadie's bodyguard in this book?
7. What does Anna's explanation reveal to James by means of a note addressed to him in this book?
8. What was in the bundle of letters that Finn was holding for James in this book?
9. What does James find is at the address which he has uncovered for Anna's current location?
10. Why did the guard eventually let James into the film studio where Hugo is working in this book?
Essay Topic 1
As James begins to look for Hugo, he realizes that Sadie has locked him in the house, so he needs to pick the locks to get out of the house.
Part 1: Why do you think that Sadie decided to lock James into the house?
Part 2: Do you think Sadie is a crazy person? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James should have realized that Sadie might have tried something like that? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
James uses flirting and his appearance in order to get others to do things for him.
Part 1: Would you call James a manipulative person? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you use your charms or your appearance to get things you want? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think no one seems to see through James' plots to get what he wants?
Essay Topic 3
Right after turning down the job, James realizes his mistake, noting that money has always been the most important thing in the world.
Part 1: Do you believe that all James cares about is money? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think money is the most important thing in the world? Why or why not?
Part 3: Would you rather take a fulfilling job or a high paying job? Why?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)