|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did the men look for on the building in order to find where Hugo was staying?
2. Sadie said that all they needed to do was to present him with the ______________, the script, and the contracts.
3. James begins to realize that some of the words that Anna used were _________ and not hers.
4. What is NOT one of the artists that Hugo collected the art of within his living area?
5. What did Anna avoid as she began to answer James' questions upon his arrival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sadie want James to move into her house a little earlier than he expected?
2. What does James find when he gets to the location where Anna had asked to meet him?
3. What does James think about marriage in relation to his own life and decisions in this book?
4. What did the men decide the noises they heard must of been, as opposed to a party?
5. What did the group of men find when they got to the fourth level in the building where Hugo was supposed to be?
6. How would James describe Anna when he first sees her as he walks into the room?
7. What does Dave think James needs to do in order to get rid of his angst in this book?
8. What does James watch Lefty do when he is in the movie studio set in this book?
9. What does James buy on his way to see Sadie as he passes a shop on Oxford Street in this book?
10. Why finally convinced James that it would be okay to be Sadie's bodyguard in this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James uses flirting and his appearance in order to get others to do things for him.
Part 1: Would you call James a manipulative person? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you use your charms or your appearance to get things you want? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think no one seems to see through James' plots to get what he wants?
Essay Topic 2
James and his friends seem to want to find adventures wherever they can, heading out on missions to find people, picking locks, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think the men are always looking for adventures in their life?
Part 2: Do you think the men in the story should be spending their time otherwise? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do the men in the story seem mature? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
James suddenly gets inspired to work as an orderly after a period of depression.
Part 1: Do it seem realistic for someone like James to suddenly want to get a job? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think James chose to become an orderly?
Part 3: Do you think James would be a good orderly were he to stick with it? Why or why not?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)