|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the other person in the room with James have in his hand?
2. James feels ___________ is a bright, sensual person who is warm-hearted and who would help anyone she could.
3. ___________ was giving James huge hints and although he did not understand what was to come next, he knew he had to fix problems in the meantime.
4. Where do the men decide to head out for a brief dip in the water?
5. Sadie wanted James to stay at her __________ all day and told him not to leave.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the company that Hugo had inherited from his parents in this book?
2. What does Finn inform James at the start of the book, setting off a chain of events in this book?
3. What did Hugo and James agree was an ironic twist in their love relationships in this book?
4. What does James do as he begins to settle into his new home at Sadie's flat in this book?
5. What happened when James let himself in to Magdalen's house to pick up his things?
6. Why can't James leave the house when he decides to go find Hugo after the phone call?
7. What does Dave think James needs to do in order to get rid of his angst in this book?
8. What is the next idea of James when Dave will not let him stay at his house in this book?
9. What does Magdalen reveal as the reason for beckoning James to come to Paris to see her?
10. Why finally convinced James that it would be okay to be Sadie's bodyguard in this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though he would be paid a lot for doing a little, James turns down the job offer.
Part 1: Why do you think James decided to turn down the job offer?
Part 2: Would you have turned down that job offer if you were in James' shoes? Why or why not?
Part 3: Should James have turned down that job? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
James, when he wakes up in the park, realizes that fate is trying to tell him to fix certain problems in his life.
Part 1: Why do you think James is confident in the idea of fate?
Part 2: Do you believe in the idea of fate? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James is correct in thinking that he needs to resolve the past before moving forward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
James wrote a book based on the ideas he cleaned from Hugo, which seemed to cause a divide in their friendship.
Part 1: Why do you think James idolized Hugo so much?
Part 2: Do you believe James had the right to write a book based on Hugo's ideas and thoughts? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Hugo was made at James for writing the book? Why or why not?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)