|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James open in order to make sure Magdalen has not forgotten to pack anything when she took his things from the house?
2. James concluded that Sadie must be ___________ about the stalking situation, so he agreed to help.
3. What are the men sipping on when James walks into Dave's house and into a group of many men?
4. James is surprised by Sammy's offering as James had never offered ______________ to Magdalen.
5. What does James come to find out when he arrives where Anna and he were supposed to meet up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James buy on his way to see Sadie as he passes a shop on Oxford Street in this book?
2. Why does it seem that James and Finn may have worn out their welcome where they were staying?
3. What did James find upon arriving at Hugo's flat during his wanderings around town?
4. What does James decide to do as he is sitting and drinking coffee with Dave in this book?
5. What do Finn and James find upon breaking into Sammy's place to find the script?
6. What does James do as he begins to settle into his new home at Sadie's flat in this book?
7. What does Sadie explain as being all they have to do in order to put their plan in place?
8. What does James notice in the middle of the top shelf when he wakes up in the chair at Sadie's?
9. What is James convinced that fate is trying to do for him in his life in this book?
10. What happens to the company that Hugo had inherited from his parents in this book?
Essay Topic 1
When James realizes that his manuscript may have been stolen, he just concedes to that fact.
Part 1: Why do you think James is pretty calm about someone stealing his work?
Part 2: Would you have been as calm if you found out that someone stole your work? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think James should have reacted to this news? Why?
Essay Topic 2
James is summoned to Paris by Magdalen, and he decides to go and to meet her there.
Part 1: Why do you think Magdalen wanted James to come to Paris with her?
Part 2: Would you go to Paris at the summoning of someone else? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James should have gone to see Magdalen? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
James decides that he just needs to write a play which will reach more people than a novel will.
Part 1: Do you think a novel is a strong mode of communication? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think a play is a strong mode of communication? Why or why not?
Part 3: Which medium is best for political movements: plays or novels? Why?
This section contains 1,965 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)