|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Left spends his evening drilling ____________ on his political views, while Dave and Finn go elsewhere.
2. James concluded that Sadie must be ___________ about the stalking situation, so he agreed to help.
3. What happens to get the men asked to leave the building by authorities?
4. Who did the men eventually meet up with on their search to find Hugo?
5. What was being tested in the clinic that James and Hugo were both involved in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't James leave the house when he decides to go find Hugo after the phone call?
2. What does James suddenly think might happen as he is on the way to take Mr. Mars to Sammy's flat?
3. What does James typically do for a living although he is actually a writer by trade in this book?
4. Why finally convinced James that it would be okay to be Sadie's bodyguard in this book?
5. What does Dave think James needs to do in order to get rid of his angst in this book?
6. What does James find is at the address which he has uncovered for Anna's current location?
7. Why does Sadie want James to move into her house a little earlier than he expected?
8. What does Anna's explanation reveal to James by means of a note addressed to him in this book?
9. What did Sadie tell James to do when he arrived at her house to move into her flat in this book?
10. What does James think about marriage in relation to his own life and decisions in this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James, when he wakes up in the park, realizes that fate is trying to tell him to fix certain problems in his life.
Part 1: Why do you think James is confident in the idea of fate?
Part 2: Do you believe in the idea of fate? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James is correct in thinking that he needs to resolve the past before moving forward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
When James realizes that his manuscript may have been stolen, he just concedes to that fact.
Part 1: Why do you think James is pretty calm about someone stealing his work?
Part 2: Would you have been as calm if you found out that someone stole your work? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think James should have reacted to this news? Why?
Essay Topic 3
James realizes that Mrs. Tinckham has never taken a sip of the whiskey he keeps behind the counter fro special occasions.
Part 1: Why do you think James keeps a special bottle of whiskey behind the counter at the shop?
Part 2: Would you have drunk the bottle of whiskey were you in Mrs. Tinckman's shoes? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why is it a true mark of propriety that Mrs. Tinckman has never had a single sip of the whiskey?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)