|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the other person in the room with James have in his hand?
2. What did James drink a lot of in order to determine his next course of action?
3. Onto what does James throw Anna in order to keep the conversation from being too boring?
4. James and Lefty decide to buy four bottles of ______________ and to head out to continue their talks.
5. Dave believes that if James would just get a __________, then all of his angst would go away.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James do as he begins to settle into his new home at Sadie's flat in this book?
2. What is Hugo's first reaction to James coming into his hospital room unannounced in this book?
3. What are some of the tasks James gets to do at his new job in this book?
4. What does Dave think James needs to do in order to get rid of his angst in this book?
5. What did Sadie tell James about Mr. Mars in a letter addressed to James in this book?
6. What are Sammy and Sadie talking about as James is outside the house, eavesdropping?
7. What does James find when he gets to the location where Anna had asked to meet him?
8. What did Anna reveal to James about a possible home situation he could use in this book?
9. What is James afraid has been stolen from him when he was living at Magdalen's?
10. What does Dave find that allows the men to figure out where Hugo has gone in this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James realizes that Mrs. Tinckham has never taken a sip of the whiskey he keeps behind the counter fro special occasions.
Part 1: Why do you think James keeps a special bottle of whiskey behind the counter at the shop?
Part 2: Would you have drunk the bottle of whiskey were you in Mrs. Tinckman's shoes? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why is it a true mark of propriety that Mrs. Tinckman has never had a single sip of the whiskey?
Essay Topic 2
James seems to be interested initially in the idea of acting as Sadie's bodyguard in exchange for living in her home.
Part 1: Why do you think James is interested in becoming another's bodyguard?
Part 2: Do you think James would make a good bodyguard? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Sadie feels she needs a bodyguard in order to be safe?
Essay Topic 3
As James begins to look for Hugo, he realizes that Sadie has locked him in the house, so he needs to pick the locks to get out of the house.
Part 1: Why do you think that Sadie decided to lock James into the house?
Part 2: Do you think Sadie is a crazy person? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think James should have realized that Sadie might have tried something like that? Why or why not?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)