Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sadie told James to pick one of the ________ as his own and then she left for the day.
2. James notes that Anna is a bit ___________ and a bit grayer, but still beautiful.
3. What does James come to find out when he arrives where Anna and he were supposed to meet up?
4. What does James do as soon as he lands in the grass in his new location?
5. James also works on translating what sorts of novels into English?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the next idea of James when Dave will not let him stay at his house in this book?
2. What do Finn and James find upon breaking into Sammy's place to find the script?
3. What does James watch Lefty do when he is in the movie studio set in this book?
4. What happened when the group of men got to Hugo's door? What did they find?
5. What does James think about marriage in relation to his own life and decisions in this book?
6. Why finally convinced James that it would be okay to be Sadie's bodyguard in this book?
7. What does Anna's explanation reveal to James by means of a note addressed to him in this book?
8. What was in the bundle of letters that Finn was holding for James in this book?
9. What does James find is at the address which he has uncovered for Anna's current location?
10. Why did the guard eventually let James into the film studio where Hugo is working in this book?
Even though he would be paid a lot for doing a little, James turns down the job offer.
Part 1: Why do you think James decided to turn down the job offer?
Part 2: Would you have turned down that job offer if you were in James' shoes? Why or why not?
Part 3: Should James have turned down that job? Why or why not?
When James realizes that his manuscript may have been stolen, he just concedes to that fact.
Part 1: Why do you think James is pretty calm about someone stealing his work?
Part 2: Would you have been as calm if you found out that someone stole your work? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think James should have reacted to this news? Why?
James seems to be a man who wants to always get things from others, though he does not seem as keen to give others things in return.
Part 1: Why do you think James seems to be such a mooch?
Part 2: Why do you think James does not seem to give anything in return for what he has been given?
Part 3: Could you be friends with James? Why or why not?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)