|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ had been a monolith to James and now James thought as to whether he would ever see him again.
2. James forgot that the day was the announcement of the Prix Goncourt, the annual ______________ award.
(a) Play writing.
(b) Book writing.
(c) Poem writing.
3. What is James' reaction to the job offer which comes from Magdalen when he goes to visit her?
(a) Can I think about it?
4. James got along well with the young nurses, but the _________ were still skeptical of him at his job.
(a) Other janitors.
5. Magdalen tells James there is a man willing to pay him an immediately _________ pounds and then 150 pounds indefinitely.
Short Answer Questions
1. James decided that Magdalen had been double-crossed by _____________, who had probably ditched her.
2. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
3. James began to work on the ___________ ward six days a week and he really liked doing it.
4. Where did James notice a sudden crowd begin to form as he enjoyed his breakfast?
5. What is the scene in which James finds himself as he is walking around, trying to find a way into the studio?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)