|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anna tells James that the company is an amateur __________ company, though she will not say much else.
2. What did Anna avoid as she began to answer James' questions upon his arrival?
(a) The door.
(b) His eyes.
(c) The chair.
3. Where does James go after learning about his bets with Sammy Starfield?
4. While David is a religious zealot, there is no concept he hates more than _____________.
5. Mrs. Tinckman is an owner of a ________________ where James likes to visit.
(a) Taxidermy office.
(b) Grocery mart.
(d) Newspaper shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James open in order to make sure Magdalen has not forgotten to pack anything when she took his things from the house?
2. Sadie said that all they needed to do was to present him with the ______________, the script, and the contracts.
3. What is the profession of James, the main character of this story's events?
4. What does James realize was looking at him when he first opened up the door to the company?
5. James decided all there was to do was to ____________ with Lefty.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Lefty and James realize about each other the more they talk to each other?
2. What does James notice in the middle of the top shelf when he wakes up in the chair at Sadie's?
3. What does Anna's explanation reveal to James by means of a note addressed to him in this book?
4. What does James find when he gets to the location where Anna had asked to meet him?
5. Why did the guard eventually let James into the film studio where Hugo is working in this book?
6. What are Sammy and Sadie talking about as James is outside the house, eavesdropping?
7. What happened when the group of men got to Hugo's door? What did they find?
8. What is the next idea of James when Dave will not let him stay at his house in this book?
9. What does James do after he wakes up in the park after trying to see Anna in this book?
10. Why can't James leave the house when he decides to go find Hugo after the phone call?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)