|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James was surprised that Hugo would _____________ with all of these treasures in his house.
(b) Enjoy living.
(c) Not be there.
(d) Leave his door open.
2. What did the note say that Hugo was doing when the men arrived at the house?
(a) Going to the pub.
(b) Killing himself.
(c) Heading out of the country.
(d) Going into the studio.
3. Lefty Todd was the eccentric leader of the New Independent ______________.
4. What did James drink a lot of in order to determine his next course of action?
5. What kind of company is advertised at the address where James arrives to find Anna?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James take off in order to make a motion to fight the person he finds in the house?
2. Finally, James comes upon a sign which directs him to the location of Anna: _______ Room, Miss Quentin.
3. How much older is Anna than James is, according to his memory?
4. James recalls a time when Magdalen destroyed a manuscript of his ___________ that might have been an epic.
5. What does the other person in the room with James have in his hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave find that allows the men to figure out where Hugo has gone in this book?
2. Why does it seem that James and Finn may have worn out their welcome where they were staying?
3. What does James think about marriage in relation to his own life and decisions in this book?
4. Why finally convinced James that it would be okay to be Sadie's bodyguard in this book?
5. What happened when the group of men got to Hugo's door? What did they find?
6. What does Dave think James needs to do in order to get rid of his angst in this book?
7. What does James learn about Finn upon his arrival at Dave's house after returning from Paris?
8. What does Anna's explanation reveal to James by means of a note addressed to him in this book?
9. What do Finn and James find upon breaking into Sammy's place to find the script?
10. What did James find upon arriving at Hugo's flat during his wanderings around town?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)