|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the men eventually meet up with on their search to find Hugo?
(a) No one.
(b) Lefty Todd.
(d) Sammy Starfield.
2. What kind of company is advertised at the address where James arrives to find Anna?
3. James recalls a time when Magdalen destroyed a manuscript of his ___________ that might have been an epic.
(c) Children's stories.
4. James believes that ___________ knows too many people in his life, though he is not close to any of them.
5. What is the name of the aide who tells James that they have been kicked out of their current living arrangements?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James go to the chemist to buy for his headache after sleeping in the park?
2. James concluded that Sadie must be ___________ about the stalking situation, so he agreed to help.
3. What is the profession of Magdalen's soon-to-be husband, Sammy Starfield?
4. When James arrives at Sadie's, she tells him that she is dreadfully late for the ___________.
5. James shares the biscuits and other goodies he has taken from ____________ flat with the other men in the group.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Sammy and Sadie talking about as James is outside the house, eavesdropping?
2. What does James find out when he arrives at Sadie's house the following day in this book?
3. What does Dave think James needs to do in order to get rid of his angst in this book?
4. What does James find is at the address which he has uncovered for Anna's current location?
5. Why finally convinced James that it would be okay to be Sadie's bodyguard in this book?
6. What was James' immediate response to becoming Sadie's bodyguard in this book?
7. What happens to the company that Hugo had inherited from his parents in this book?
8. What are some of the tasks James gets to do at his new job in this book?
9. What does James do when he happens upon a hospital during a long walk with Mr. Mars?
10. What is the reason for the festivities in Paris on the day that James contemplates the way he turned down the job?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)