|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men look at when they jump over a wall and into a yard?
(a) The stars.
(c) A street show.
(d) The windows of a house.
2. All that Sadie and Sammy apparently need is for ________ to sign on the dotted line.
3. Onto what does James throw Anna in order to keep the conversation from being too boring?
4. James should have been kicked out of the house long ago as he hates nothing more than ______________.
(a) Making small talk.
(b) Cooking for Magdalen.
(c) Keeping clean.
(d) Paying rent.
5. What does the other person in the room with James have in his hand?
(b) Cutting board.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lefty first have to make a stop after the men all decide to leave the pub?
2. James decided all there was to do was to ____________ with Lefty.
3. What kind of flowers had James picked out to give to Anna?
4. Sadie said they must catch him as soon as he reaches ____________, though it's not clear who 'he' is.
5. James decides to put his money on the ____________ that afternoon and Sammy is pleased.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the group of men got to Hugo's door? What did they find?
2. What does James do when he happens upon a hospital during a long walk with Mr. Mars?
3. What does James learn about Finn upon his arrival at Dave's house after returning from Paris?
4. What happened when James let himself in to Magdalen's house to pick up his things?
5. What does James watch Lefty do when he is in the movie studio set in this book?
6. What did James find upon arriving at Hugo's flat during his wanderings around town?
7. What does James realize when he is at a bookstore in Paris and he sees a sudden crowd?
8. What is James convinced that fate is trying to do for him in his life in this book?
9. What was James' immediate response to becoming Sadie's bodyguard in this book?
10. What did Anna reveal to James about a possible home situation he could use in this book?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)