|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James simply needs to write a ________________ that will reach more people than a novel would.
(d) Newspaper article.
2. What are the men sipping on when James walks into Dave's house and into a group of many men?
3. What did James realize about the house when he decided to leave to find Hugo?
(a) The house was Anna's.
(b) The doors were all locked.
(c) The house was on fire.
(d) He didn't know where he was.
4. Anna lets James know she has had an ____________ that she doesn't like, but can not turn down.
5. Hugo and James were eventually asked to leave the clinic for fear of ______________.
(a) Long term damage.
(b) Being sued.
(c) Stilted results.
Short Answer Questions
1. James decides that he wants to take ____________ to Anna when he goes to see her.
2. Left spends his evening drilling ____________ on his political views, while Dave and Finn go elsewhere.
3. What was the source of the high pitched chattering sounds that the men heard on the way to Hugo's?
4. Anna tells James that the company is an amateur __________ company, though she will not say much else.
5. Mrs. Tinckman is an owner of a ________________ where James likes to visit.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James think about marriage in relation to his own life and decisions in this book?
2. What do Finn and James find upon breaking into Sammy's place to find the script?
3. What does James buy on his way to see Sadie as he passes a shop on Oxford Street in this book?
4. What is the reason for the festivities in Paris on the day that James contemplates the way he turned down the job?
5. Why can't James leave the house when he decides to go find Hugo after the phone call?
6. What does Magdalen reveal as the reason for beckoning James to come to Paris to see her?
7. How do the three men spend their time at the bar once they arrive in this book?
8. What does Anna's explanation reveal to James by means of a note addressed to him in this book?
9. What does James learn about Finn upon his arrival at Dave's house after returning from Paris?
10. What is Hugo's first reaction to James coming into his hospital room unannounced in this book?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)