|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hugo do with the armaments factory that his parents had given to him? What did he turned it into?
(a) A park.
(b) A theater.
(c) Fireworks company.
(d) A library.
2. Who does James recognized Sadie's boss to be, even though he has taken on a new name?
3. Sadie said that all they needed to do was to present him with the ______________, the script, and the contracts.
4. James notes that Anna is a bit ___________ and a bit grayer, but still beautiful.
5. James decides to put his money on the ____________ that afternoon and Sammy is pleased.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anna avoid as she began to answer James' questions upon his arrival?
2. Dave sees James lingering in the ____________ and quickly tells him that he can not stay.
3. Lefty Todd was the eccentric leader of the New Independent ______________.
4. James was surprised that Hugo would _____________ with all of these treasures in his house.
5. Onto what does James throw Anna in order to keep the conversation from being too boring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James think about marriage in relation to his own life and decisions in this book?
2. What is James convinced that fate is trying to do for him in his life in this book?
3. What water sources are eliminated because of the right security the men might encounter in trying to take a dip?
4. What does James do after he wakes up in the park after trying to see Anna in this book?
5. What is James now thinking about Anna and about her place in his life in this book?
6. What does James do as he begins to settle into his new home at Sadie's flat in this book?
7. What happened when James let himself in to Magdalen's house to pick up his things?
8. What happens to the company that Hugo had inherited from his parents in this book?
9. What is the reason for the festivities in Paris on the day that James contemplates the way he turned down the job?
10. What was James' immediate response to becoming Sadie's bodyguard in this book?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)