|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James tuck himself into in order to fall asleep in the room where Anna is working?
(a) Bearskin rug.
(b) Sleeping bag.
(c) A robe.
(d) His sweater.
2. What did James drink a lot of in order to determine his next course of action?
3. What is the name of the aide who tells James that they have been kicked out of their current living arrangements?
4. James began to work on his ___________, but he eventually fell asleep doing so.
5. Lefty said he'd heard that ___________ was a talented man who was too lazy to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James do after his many discussions with Hugo in order to hold onto the thoughts?
2. Whose name is listed inside of the book that James is surprised that Sadie would have?
3. Where does James discover that Sadie is when he arrives at her house to meet with her?
4. What does Magdalen say will happen if James comes by the house after the next week?
5. Anna suggests that James talk to __________ about staying at their flat as they are going to be going to the States for a while.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James find when he gets to the location where Anna had asked to meet him?
2. What does Finn inform James at the start of the book, setting off a chain of events in this book?
3. What are Sammy and Sadie talking about as James is outside the house, eavesdropping?
4. What does James realize when he is at a bookstore in Paris and he sees a sudden crowd?
5. What is James now thinking about Anna and about her place in his life in this book?
6. What are some of the tasks James gets to do at his new job in this book?
7. What does James do when he happens upon a hospital during a long walk with Mr. Mars?
8. What do Lefty and James realize about each other the more they talk to each other?
9. What does James suddenly think might happen as he is on the way to take Mr. Mars to Sammy's flat?
10. Where does Anna want James to come when she writes him a letter, requesting to see him?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)