|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does James find in Magdalen's house when he goes back for this things?
2. James recalls a time when Magdalen destroyed a manuscript of his ___________ that might have been an epic.
(b) Children's stories.
3. What happens to get the men asked to leave the building by authorities?
(a) James passes out.
(b) Lefty gets out spray paint.
(c) Lefty strips.
(d) Lefty launches into song.
4. All that Sadie and Sammy apparently need is for ________ to sign on the dotted line.
5. Dave believes that if James would just get a __________, then all of his angst would go away.
(a) Movie part.
(b) Publishing deal.
(c) Regular job.
Short Answer Questions
1. James' _____________ from the unintentional deceit drove him away from Hugo.
2. How did the men get to Hugo's address when they eventually got James from Sadie's house?
3. Who does James recognized Sadie's boss to be, even though he has taken on a new name?
4. James decided to settle into the __________ room with a drink and a cigarette.
5. Where does Lefty first have to make a stop after the men all decide to leave the pub?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James think about marriage in relation to his own life and decisions in this book?
2. What is Hugo's first reaction to James coming into his hospital room unannounced in this book?
3. What does James notice in the middle of the top shelf when he wakes up in the chair at Sadie's?
4. What does the telegram that James receives at the cafe reveal to him in this book?
5. Why does it seem that James and Finn may have worn out their welcome where they were staying?
6. How would James describe Anna when he first sees her as he walks into the room?
7. What does James typically do for a living although he is actually a writer by trade in this book?
8. What is James convinced that fate is trying to do for him in his life in this book?
9. What does James find out when he arrives at Sadie's house the following day in this book?
10. What did Hugo and James agree was an ironic twist in their love relationships in this book?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)