|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James was thought by Lefty to hold __________-wing opinions, though he took no part in politics.
2. Where does Lefty first have to make a stop after the men all decide to leave the pub?
(a) Post Office.
(b) A restroom.
(c) His house.
3. What does James find that explains why Anna was not able to meet him?
(a) A note to someone else.
(c) A bouquet of flowers for him.
(d) A note addressed to him.
4. Anna lets James know she has had an ____________ that she doesn't like, but can not turn down.
5. What does James tuck himself into in order to fall asleep in the room where Anna is working?
(a) His sweater.
(b) A robe.
(c) Sleeping bag.
(d) Bearskin rug.
Short Answer Questions
1. James was not in a good mood when he went to meet ___________ the following day.
2. James first met Hugo at a ___________ where James went to earn some extra cash.
3. What does James come to find out when he arrives where Anna and he were supposed to meet up?
4. Dave sees James lingering in the ____________ and quickly tells him that he can not stay.
5. Mrs. Tinckman has never taken a sip of the ____________ that James keeps behind the counter.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James decide to do as he is sitting and drinking coffee with Dave in this book?
2. What does Magdalen reveal as the reason for beckoning James to come to Paris to see her?
3. How would James describe Anna when he first sees her as he walks into the room?
4. What happened when James let himself in to Magdalen's house to pick up his things?
5. What happens to the company that Hugo had inherited from his parents in this book?
6. What does Anna's explanation reveal to James by means of a note addressed to him in this book?
7. Why did Sammy offer James 200 pounds when James sees him at Magdalen's house in this book?
8. What are Sammy and Sadie talking about as James is outside the house, eavesdropping?
9. What are some of the tasks James gets to do at his new job in this book?
10. Why does James think so highly of Mrs. Tinckham and his bottle of whiskey in this book?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)