|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James begins to question why he didn't come _____________ than he did.
(c) To the theater with more flowers.
(d) With a better speech.
2. What did James do after his many discussions with Hugo in order to hold onto the thoughts?
(a) Tell Anna.
(b) Took notes.
(c) Talk to others.
(d) Create a play.
3. When the telephone rang, asking for Sadie, who did James realize was the caller on the other line?
4. Clearly, it was Anna that ____________ loved, not Sadie, as James began to think about it.
5. James simply needs to write a ________________ that will reach more people than a novel would.
(a) Newspaper article.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James find that explains why Anna was not able to meet him?
2. What does James tuck himself into in order to fall asleep in the room where Anna is working?
3. Mrs. Tinckman is an owner of a ________________ where James likes to visit.
4. What kind of company is advertised at the address where James arrives to find Anna?
5. What does Sammy offer to James as a sort of payment for stealing Magdalen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Finn and James find upon breaking into Sammy's place to find the script?
2. What does Anna's explanation reveal to James by means of a note addressed to him in this book?
3. What does James buy on his way to see Sadie as he passes a shop on Oxford Street in this book?
4. What did the group of men find when they got to the fourth level in the building where Hugo was supposed to be?
5. What does James watch Lefty do when he is in the movie studio set in this book?
6. What does James decide to do as he is sitting and drinking coffee with Dave in this book?
7. What do Lefty and James decide to buy in order to continue their talks with Dave and Finn in tow?
8. How would James describe Anna when he first sees her as he walks into the room?
9. What is James afraid has been stolen from him when he was living at Magdalen's?
10. What did Sadie tell James about Mr. Mars in a letter addressed to James in this book?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)