|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James decide to do in order to go through Anna's things?
(a) Grabs a box and wanders off.
(b) Asks for Hugo's help.
(c) Searches the building.
(d) Jumps into the truck bed.
2. Of the two sisters, who had the flash and eventually went on to become a celebrity?
3. What happened as a result of the conversations between Hugo and James?
(a) James fell in love with Hugo.
(b) Hugo moved in with James.
(c) James wrote a book.
(d) Hugo wrote a book.
4. Whose name is listed inside of the book that James is surprised that Sadie would have?
5. Anna tells James that the company is an amateur __________ company, though she will not say much else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anna avoid as she began to answer James' questions upon his arrival?
2. Sadie said that all they needed to do was to present him with the ______________, the script, and the contracts.
3. James feels ___________ is a bright, sensual person who is warm-hearted and who would help anyone she could.
4. Anna lets James know she has had an ____________ that she doesn't like, but can not turn down.
5. James is not sure that taking on the role of Sadie's ____________ is such a good idea.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James buy on his way to see Sadie as he passes a shop on Oxford Street in this book?
2. What is James afraid has been stolen from him when he was living at Magdalen's?
3. What does James typically do for a living although he is actually a writer by trade in this book?
4. What are some of the tasks James gets to do at his new job in this book?
5. What does Magdalen reveal as the reason for beckoning James to come to Paris to see her?
6. What is the reason for the festivities in Paris on the day that James contemplates the way he turned down the job?
7. Why can't James leave the house when he decides to go find Hugo after the phone call?
8. What did the group of men find when they got to the fourth level in the building where Hugo was supposed to be?
9. What was in the bundle of letters that Finn was holding for James in this book?
10. What did Sadie tell James to do when he arrived at her house to move into her flat in this book?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)