|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________, it is agreed, has the ability to help the Socialist party with his writing.
2. How did the men get to Hugo's address when they eventually got James from Sadie's house?
3. When the telephone rang, asking for Sadie, who did James realize was the caller on the other line?
4. While David is a religious zealot, there is no concept he hates more than _____________.
5. James notes that Anna is a bit ___________ and a bit grayer, but still beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. James first met Hugo at a ___________ where James went to earn some extra cash.
2. Finally, James comes upon a sign which directs him to the location of Anna: _______ Room, Miss Quentin.
3. What does James find that explains why Anna was not able to meet him?
4. James decided all there was to do was to ____________ with Lefty.
5. What does Sammy offer to James as a sort of payment for stealing Magdalen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Finn inform James at the start of the book, setting off a chain of events in this book?
2. Why can't James leave the house when he decides to go find Hugo after the phone call?
3. What does James learn about Finn upon his arrival at Dave's house after returning from Paris?
4. What is the next idea of James when Dave will not let him stay at his house in this book?
5. What is James convinced that fate is trying to do for him in his life in this book?
6. What does Sadie explain as being all they have to do in order to put their plan in place?
7. What does Magdalen reveal as the reason for beckoning James to come to Paris to see her?
8. What happens to the company that Hugo had inherited from his parents in this book?
9. Why did Sammy offer James 200 pounds when James sees him at Magdalen's house in this book?
10. What do Lefty and James decide to buy in order to continue their talks with Dave and Finn in tow?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)