|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dave sees James lingering in the ____________ and quickly tells him that he can not stay.
(b) Master bedroom.
(d) Guest room.
2. Anna tells James that the company is an amateur __________ company, though she will not say much else.
3. Sadie told James to pick one of the ________ as his own and then she left for the day.
(a) Guest rooms.
4. Finally, James comes upon a sign which directs him to the location of Anna: _______ Room, Miss Quentin.
5. James shares the biscuits and other goodies he has taken from ____________ flat with the other men in the group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anna avoid as she began to answer James' questions upon his arrival?
2. James realizes that he hates ____________ though he fears intimacy.
3. Sadie said that all they needed to do was to present him with the ______________, the script, and the contracts.
4. Clearly, it was Anna that ____________ loved, not Sadie, as James began to think about it.
5. Who was Sadie talking with as James overheard the conversation from outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James find out when he arrives at Sadie's house the following day in this book?
2. What does James do after he wakes up in the park after trying to see Anna in this book?
3. What is Hugo's first reaction to James coming into his hospital room unannounced in this book?
4. What does Finn inform James at the start of the book, setting off a chain of events in this book?
5. What are Sammy and Sadie talking about as James is outside the house, eavesdropping?
6. What happened when James let himself in to Magdalen's house to pick up his things?
7. What does James typically do for a living although he is actually a writer by trade in this book?
8. What was James' immediate response to becoming Sadie's bodyguard in this book?
9. What did Sadie tell James about Mr. Mars in a letter addressed to James in this book?
10. What is the reason for the festivities in Paris on the day that James contemplates the way he turned down the job?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)