|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James decides to put his money on the ____________ that afternoon and Sammy is pleased.
2. James recalls a time when Magdalen destroyed a manuscript of his ___________ that might have been an epic.
(c) Children's stories.
3. Who does Finn suggest James contact in order to find a new place to stay for a while?
4. What was the source of the high pitched chattering sounds that the men heard on the way to Hugo's?
(b) Open drapes.
5. James was not in a good mood when he went to meet ___________ the following day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James go to the chemist to buy for his headache after sleeping in the park?
2. What does James decide to do in order to go through Anna's things?
3. James first met Hugo at a ___________ where James went to earn some extra cash.
4. Lefty said he'd heard that ___________ was a talented man who was too lazy to work.
5. What does James realize was looking at him when he first opened up the door to the company?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anna's explanation reveal to James by means of a note addressed to him in this book?
2. What was in the bundle of letters that Finn was holding for James in this book?
3. Where does Anna want James to come when she writes him a letter, requesting to see him?
4. What is James now thinking about Anna and about her place in his life in this book?
5. What water sources are eliminated because of the right security the men might encounter in trying to take a dip?
6. What happened when James let himself in to Magdalen's house to pick up his things?
7. What does James do after he wakes up in the park after trying to see Anna in this book?
8. What do Lefty and James realize about each other the more they talk to each other?
9. What does Dave think James needs to do in order to get rid of his angst in this book?
10. What does the telegram that James receives at the cafe reveal to him in this book?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)