|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James was surprised that Hugo would _____________ with all of these treasures in his house.
(a) Not be there.
(c) Leave his door open.
(d) Enjoy living.
2. What was being tested in the clinic that James and Hugo were both involved in?
(a) Anxiety treatments.
(b) Electroshock therapy.
(c) Cold treatments.
3. What does James realize was looking at him when he first opened up the door to the company?
4. James notes that Anna is a bit ___________ and a bit grayer, but still beautiful.
5. What is the name of the aide who tells James that they have been kicked out of their current living arrangements?
Short Answer Questions
1. James recalls a time when Magdalen destroyed a manuscript of his ___________ that might have been an epic.
2. James should have been kicked out of the house long ago as he hates nothing more than ______________.
3. Dave believes the house will not stand the two of them who are _______________________.
4. Where do the men decide to head out for a brief dip in the water?
5. ___________ was giving James huge hints and although he did not understand what was to come next, he knew he had to fix problems in the meantime.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did James find upon arriving at Hugo's flat during his wanderings around town?
2. What does Sadie explain as being all they have to do in order to put their plan in place?
3. What does James think about marriage in relation to his own life and decisions in this book?
4. What does James decide to do as he is sitting and drinking coffee with Dave in this book?
5. Why did the guard eventually let James into the film studio where Hugo is working in this book?
6. What do Lefty and James decide to buy in order to continue their talks with Dave and Finn in tow?
7. What did James do to Anna as he felt that they would be conversing like two old acquaintances in a few moments?
8. What is the next idea of James when Dave will not let him stay at his house in this book?
9. What does Finn inform James at the start of the book, setting off a chain of events in this book?
10. Why does Sadie want James to move into her house a little earlier than he expected?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)