|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James is surprised by Sammy's offering as James had never offered ______________ to Magdalen.
(a) A payment.
2. What does James realize was looking at him when he first opened up the door to the company?
3. Who does Anna have a singing act with, as James fondly recalls?
4. What does James do as soon as he lands in the grass in his new location?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Writes a note to Anna.
(c) Calls Hugo.
5. James was not insulted by the offering of Sammy, but he did need the ____________.
(a) Place to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sadie wants James to move into her house a bit earlier to protect her from her boss, _____________.
2. Finally, James comes upon a sign which directs him to the location of Anna: _______ Room, Miss Quentin.
3. Dave believes the house will not stand the two of them who are _______________________.
4. Where does Lefty first have to make a stop after the men all decide to leave the pub?
5. What does James tuck himself into in order to fall asleep in the room where Anna is working?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James find is at the address which he has uncovered for Anna's current location?
2. What did James do to Anna as he felt that they would be conversing like two old acquaintances in a few moments?
3. What did Sadie tell James about Mr. Mars in a letter addressed to James in this book?
4. What did James find upon arriving at Hugo's flat during his wanderings around town?
5. What is Hugo's first reaction to James coming into his hospital room unannounced in this book?
6. Where does Anna want James to come when she writes him a letter, requesting to see him?
7. What is James now thinking about Anna and about her place in his life in this book?
8. Why did the guard eventually let James into the film studio where Hugo is working in this book?
9. What water sources are eliminated because of the right security the men might encounter in trying to take a dip?
10. Why does James think so highly of Mrs. Tinckham and his bottle of whiskey in this book?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)