|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James forgot that the day was the announcement of the Prix Goncourt, the annual ______________ award.
(a) Play writing.
(b) Poem writing.
(d) Book writing.
2. James receives a telegram from Magdalen, telling him to come to __________ as quickly as possible.
3. What did James find when he walked into Hugo's house? What had taken over the space?
4. Hugo admitted that he had loved _____________, though someone else had loved him - ironically.
5. Where did James notice a sudden crowd begin to form as he enjoyed his breakfast?
(a) Movie house.
(d) Police station.
6. What does James do when he realizes that he person he thought he saw was actually not that person?
(a) Calls Sadie.
(b) Sleeps in the park.
(c) Returns home.
(d) Goes out for drinks.
7. James heads back to ___________ flat in order to pack up his things and leave a thank you note.
8. Magdalen tells James there is a man willing to pay him an immediately _________ pounds and then 150 pounds indefinitely.
9. What is the job that Magdalen is offering to James, giving him the opportunity to make a lot of money for basically no work?
(b) Script writer.
(d) Personal assistant.
10. How did James break open the safe in order to get the money from Hugo's house?
(a) He picked it.
(b) He didn't.
(d) Listening with a stethoscope.
11. Where did James and Mr. Mars go after they escaped the riots at the film studio?
(a) The park.
(b) The police station.
(d) Hugo's flat.
12. Where did James find himself one night when he and Mr. Mars were out on a walk?
(a) A school.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A palace.
(d) A hospital.
13. After Hugo left, James walked the streets of ___________, thinking about all of the things that he had heard.
14. As James began to walk the streets of Paris that day, who did he think to find in the city?
15. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does James go in an effort to try to find the manuscript which he now thinks has been stolen?
2. __________ had been a monolith to James and now James thought as to whether he would ever see him again.
3. Hugo tells James that it is really ____________ who is in love with him, rather than who James loved.
4. James got along well with the young nurses, but the _________ were still skeptical of him at his job.
5. What does James tell one of the guards, which eventually lets James onto the property?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)