|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James forgot that the day was the announcement of the Prix Goncourt, the annual ______________ award.
(b) Play writing.
(c) Book writing.
(d) Poem writing.
2. What did James find when he walked into Hugo's house? What had taken over the space?
3. As James began to walk the streets of Paris that day, who did he think to find in the city?
4. Magdalen tells James there is a man willing to pay him an immediately _________ pounds and then 150 pounds indefinitely.
5. James finds that he has received a letter from ___________, thanking him for his friendship and support.
6. _____________ seemed to be a separate being now to James, his memories of her had been transformed.
(b) Mrs. Tinckham.
7. Hugo decided that he wanted to ___________ his life, so he was giving away all of his possessions and money.
(c) Start over in.
8. James told Hugo that he felt awful about the __________ and wanted to let him know himself.
9. Where does James go in an effort to try to find the manuscript which he now thinks has been stolen?
10. Dave and Finn notified ___________ that the dog was safe so that the police would not be notified.
11. Who did James see walking up to Hugo's with Lefty Todd in order to get Hugo's stuff?
12. Hugo admitted that he had loved _____________, though someone else had loved him - ironically.
13. James' need to share his __________ was overwhelming, so he sent a telegram to Dave and to Finn.
14. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
(b) Jean Pierre Breteuil.
15. Where did James find himself one night when he and Mr. Mars were out on a walk?
(a) A palace.
(b) A school.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A bookstore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was James presented with after waking up from his nap at his friend's house?
2. To his amazement, James secured a position as __________ at the hospital immediately.
3. How did James break open the safe in order to get the money from Hugo's house?
4. James began to work on the ___________ ward six days a week and he really liked doing it.
5. James decided that Magdalen had been double-crossed by _____________, who had probably ditched her.
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)