|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James and Mr. Mars would spend their lunch hour thinking about the benefits of having performed some ____________.
(a) Simple tasks.
(b) Service to society.
(c) Charity work.
(d) Manual labor.
2. James forgot that the day was the announcement of the Prix Goncourt, the annual ______________ award.
(a) Poem writing.
(c) Play writing.
(d) Book writing.
3. Hugo decided that he wanted to ___________ his life, so he was giving away all of his possessions and money.
(a) Start over in.
4. ___________ had been the most important thing in the world to James, he realizes after refusing the job.
5. Once James began to feel better, he got the urge to contact ________ again in order to talk.
6. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
7. What is James' reaction to the job offer which comes from Magdalen when he goes to visit her?
(d) Can I think about it?
8. Dave and Finn notified ___________ that the dog was safe so that the police would not be notified.
9. Who is the orator in the scene in which James finds himself as he is looking for Hugo?
(b) Lefty Todd.
(d) Sammy Starfield.
10. Who does James think stole his copy of Breteuil's book that he had been working on?
11. _____________ seemed to be a separate being now to James, his memories of her had been transformed.
(a) Mrs. Tinckham.
12. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
(b) Jean Pierre Breteuil.
13. What does James tell one of the guards, which eventually lets James onto the property?
(a) He is a friend.
(b) He will kill the dog.
(c) He is the cousin of Hugo.
(d) He likes movies.
14. James began to work on the ___________ ward six days a week and he really liked doing it.
(b) Head injury.
(c) Infectious disease.
15. Hugo tells James that it is really ____________ who is in love with him, rather than who James loved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does James go in an effort to try to find the manuscript which he now thinks has been stolen?
2. __________ had been a monolith to James and now James thought as to whether he would ever see him again.
3. James acknowledged Dave when he brought him meals __________ a day.
4. What is the scene in which James finds himself as he is walking around, trying to find a way into the studio?
5. Who does James receive a check from in the pile of mail that has been held for him?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)