|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Hugo left, James walked the streets of ___________, thinking about all of the things that he had heard.
2. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
3. Where did James find himself one night when he and Mr. Mars were out on a walk?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A palace.
(c) A school.
(d) A hospital.
4. What did James find when he walked into Hugo's house? What had taken over the space?
5. James acknowledged Dave when he brought him meals __________ a day.
(b) Three times.
(c) Four times.
6. Who had James originally left the manuscript which seems to have been stolen with?
7. To his amazement, James secured a position as __________ at the hospital immediately.
(a) An orderly.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A social worker.
8. As James began to walk the streets of Paris that day, who did he think to find in the city?
9. What is James' reaction to the job offer which comes from Magdalen when he goes to visit her?
(d) Can I think about it?
10. What does James do when he realizes that he person he thought he saw was actually not that person?
(a) Calls Sadie.
(b) Sleeps in the park.
(c) Goes out for drinks.
(d) Returns home.
11. James began to work on the ___________ ward six days a week and he really liked doing it.
(a) Infectious disease.
(b) Head injury.
12. The orator is speaking about the evils of _____________ as he stands above the crowd of thousands.
13. James and Mr. Mars would spend their lunch hour thinking about the benefits of having performed some ____________.
(a) Simple tasks.
(b) Charity work.
(c) Service to society.
(d) Manual labor.
14. James' need to share his __________ was overwhelming, so he sent a telegram to Dave and to Finn.
15. Once James began to feel better, he got the urge to contact ________ again in order to talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of James' duties at his new job at the hospital where he now works?
2. James heads back to ___________ flat in order to pack up his things and leave a thank you note.
3. Hugo tells James that it is really ____________ who is in love with him, rather than who James loved.
4. When James told Hugo he would probably be in the hospital for _______ days, Hugo decided to leave.
5. Who did James see walking up to Hugo's with Lefty Todd in order to get Hugo's stuff?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)