|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James decides to go back to ________ flat for several days upon his return home.
2. Whose voice singing on the radio makes James realize that this person is completely gone from his life?
3. Hugo admitted that he had loved _____________, though someone else had loved him - ironically.
4. What is the scene in which James finds himself as he is walking around, trying to find a way into the studio?
5. What did James find when he walked into Hugo's house? What had taken over the space?
6. Who does James bring in the cab with him on the way to the studio where Hugo is at?
(a) Mr. Mars.
7. James heads back to ___________ flat in order to pack up his things and leave a thank you note.
8. James really does believe that "The Wooden ______________" would make a really great film.
9. James forgot that the day was the announcement of the Prix Goncourt, the annual ______________ award.
(a) Book writing.
(b) Poem writing.
(c) Play writing.
10. Who does James receive a check from in the pile of mail that has been held for him?
11. James decided the only thing for him to do was to go out for ___________ with Mr. Mars.
(a) Singles nights.
12. How did James break open the safe in order to get the money from Hugo's house?
(a) He picked it.
(b) He didn't.
(d) Listening with a stethoscope.
13. James acknowledged Dave when he brought him meals __________ a day.
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
14. James decided that Magdalen had been double-crossed by _____________, who had probably ditched her.
15. What does James tell one of the guards, which eventually lets James onto the property?
(a) He likes movies.
(b) He will kill the dog.
(c) He is the cousin of Hugo.
(d) He is a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hugo tells James that it is really ____________ who is in love with him, rather than who James loved.
2. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
3. How much did Sadie and Sammy want for all of the rights to Mr. Mars, the celebrity dog?
4. Hugo decided that he wanted to ___________ his life, so he was giving away all of his possessions and money.
5. James and Mr. Mars would spend their lunch hour thinking about the benefits of having performed some ____________.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)