|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hugo admitted that he had loved _____________, though someone else had loved him - ironically.
2. James receives a telegram from Magdalen, telling him to come to __________ as quickly as possible.
3. Who does James receive a check from in the pile of mail that has been held for him?
4. Who is brought along on James' reconnaissance mission to find the stolen manuscript?
5. James decided that Magdalen had been double-crossed by _____________, who had probably ditched her.
6. What was James presented with after waking up from his nap at his friend's house?
(d) Bottle of whisky.
7. Where did James find himself one night when he and Mr. Mars were out on a walk?
(a) A school.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A palace.
(d) A bookstore.
8. Where did James and Mr. Mars go after they escaped the riots at the film studio?
(a) The park.
(c) Hugo's flat.
(d) The police station.
9. James also finds a letter from __________, explaining that he had gone back to Ireland and back to his home.
10. Hugo decided that he wanted to ___________ his life, so he was giving away all of his possessions and money.
(c) Start over in.
11. Who does James bring in the cab with him on the way to the studio where Hugo is at?
(a) Mr. Mars.
12. What is the job that Magdalen is offering to James, giving him the opportunity to make a lot of money for basically no work?
(b) Script writer.
(c) Personal assistant.
13. What is James' reaction to the job offer which comes from Magdalen when he goes to visit her?
(b) Can I think about it?
14. James heads back to ___________ flat in order to pack up his things and leave a thank you note.
15. As night approached, James realizes that it was a national holiday. What holiday was being celebrated?
(a) Fourth of July.
(c) Bastille Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. James decided the only thing for him to do was to go out for ___________ with Mr. Mars.
2. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
3. Whose voice singing on the radio makes James realize that this person is completely gone from his life?
4. Who did James see walking up to Hugo's with Lefty Todd in order to get Hugo's stuff?
5. What is NOT one of James' duties at his new job at the hospital where he now works?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)