|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James decides to go back to ________ flat for several days upon his return home.
2. James heads back to ___________ flat in order to pack up his things and leave a thank you note.
3. As James began to walk the streets of Paris that day, who did he think to find in the city?
4. Who did James see walking up to Hugo's with Lefty Todd in order to get Hugo's stuff?
5. James got along well with the young nurses, but the _________ were still skeptical of him at his job.
(d) Other janitors.
6. James' need to share his __________ was overwhelming, so he sent a telegram to Dave and to Finn.
7. James really does believe that "The Wooden ______________" would make a really great film.
8. To his amazement, James secured a position as __________ at the hospital immediately.
(a) A doctor.
(b) A social worker.
(c) A nurse.
(d) An orderly.
9. Into whose room does James try to sneak in the middle of the night, much to the displeasure of the patient?
10. What is James' reaction to the job offer which comes from Magdalen when he goes to visit her?
(d) Can I think about it?
11. Hugo decided that he wanted to ___________ his life, so he was giving away all of his possessions and money.
(c) Start over in.
12. Who does James receive a check from in the pile of mail that has been held for him?
13. Who does James think stole his copy of Breteuil's book that he had been working on?
14. As night approached, James realizes that it was a national holiday. What holiday was being celebrated?
(c) Fourth of July.
(d) Bastille Day.
15. James forgot that the day was the announcement of the Prix Goncourt, the annual ______________ award.
(a) Book writing.
(b) Poem writing.
(d) Play writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. James acknowledged Dave when he brought him meals __________ a day.
2. What is the job that Magdalen is offering to James, giving him the opportunity to make a lot of money for basically no work?
3. What is NOT one of James' duties at his new job at the hospital where he now works?
4. Where does James go in an effort to try to find the manuscript which he now thinks has been stolen?
5. Where do Mr. Mars and James go before they head out for their next adventure?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)