|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As James began to walk the streets of Paris that day, who did he think to find in the city?
2. How much did Sadie and Sammy want for all of the rights to Mr. Mars, the celebrity dog?
(b) 700 pounds.
(c) 1000 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
3. James forgot that the day was the announcement of the Prix Goncourt, the annual ______________ award.
(a) Poem writing.
(b) Play writing.
(d) Book writing.
4. Hugo tells James that it is really ____________ who is in love with him, rather than who James loved.
5. James receives a telegram from Magdalen, telling him to come to __________ as quickly as possible.
6. Where did James and Mr. Mars go after they escaped the riots at the film studio?
(a) Hugo's flat.
(b) The park.
(c) The police station.
7. What is NOT one of James' duties at his new job at the hospital where he now works?
(a) Mopping the floor.
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Getting patient records.
(d) Help prepare food.
8. Who did James see walking up to Hugo's with Lefty Todd in order to get Hugo's stuff?
9. ___________ had been the most important thing in the world to James, he realizes after refusing the job.
10. Who is brought along on James' reconnaissance mission to find the stolen manuscript?
11. After Hugo left, James walked the streets of ___________, thinking about all of the things that he had heard.
12. Who does James bring in the cab with him on the way to the studio where Hugo is at?
(b) Mr. Mars.
13. Once James began to feel better, he got the urge to contact ________ again in order to talk.
14. What does James do when he realizes that he person he thought he saw was actually not that person?
(a) Returns home.
(b) Sleeps in the park.
(c) Goes out for drinks.
(d) Calls Sadie.
15. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
(a) Jean Pierre Breteuil.
Short Answer Questions
1. James got along well with the young nurses, but the _________ were still skeptical of him at his job.
2. What is the scene in which James finds himself as he is walking around, trying to find a way into the studio?
3. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
4. James finds that he has received a letter from ___________, thanking him for his friendship and support.
5. James also finds a letter from __________, explaining that he had gone back to Ireland and back to his home.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)