|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does James go in an effort to try to find the manuscript which he now thinks has been stolen?
2. What was James presented with after waking up from his nap at his friend's house?
(c) Bottle of whisky.
3. James decided the only thing for him to do was to go out for ___________ with Mr. Mars.
(c) Singles nights.
4. Who does James bring in the cab with him on the way to the studio where Hugo is at?
(d) Mr. Mars.
5. James decided that Magdalen had been double-crossed by _____________, who had probably ditched her.
6. How did James break open the safe in order to get the money from Hugo's house?
(a) Listening with a stethoscope.
(b) He didn't.
(c) He picked it.
7. James acknowledged Dave when he brought him meals __________ a day.
(b) Three times.
(c) Four times.
8. Who was intent on hearing the orator's speech, so he silenced James when James intended to talk?
9. James began to work on the ___________ ward six days a week and he really liked doing it.
(b) Head injury.
(d) Infectious disease.
10. Who does James think stole his copy of Breteuil's book that he had been working on?
11. James told Hugo that he felt awful about the __________ and wanted to let him know himself.
12. Dave and Finn notified ___________ that the dog was safe so that the police would not be notified.
13. Once James began to feel better, he got the urge to contact ________ again in order to talk.
14. __________ had been a monolith to James and now James thought as to whether he would ever see him again.
15. What does James do when he realizes that he person he thought he saw was actually not that person?
(a) Returns home.
(b) Sleeps in the park.
(c) Calls Sadie.
(d) Goes out for drinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ had been the most important thing in the world to James, he realizes after refusing the job.
2. James forgot that the day was the announcement of the Prix Goncourt, the annual ______________ award.
3. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
4. What is the job that Magdalen is offering to James, giving him the opportunity to make a lot of money for basically no work?
5. James really does believe that "The Wooden ______________" would make a really great film.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)