|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James receives a telegram from Magdalen, telling him to come to __________ as quickly as possible.
2. Who is brought along on James' reconnaissance mission to find the stolen manuscript?
3. Hugo admitted that he had loved _____________, though someone else had loved him - ironically.
4. Magdalen tells James there is a man willing to pay him an immediately _________ pounds and then 150 pounds indefinitely.
5. James finds that he has received a letter from ___________, thanking him for his friendship and support.
6. Where do Mr. Mars and James go before they head out for their next adventure?
(a) Mrs. Tinckham's.
7. James forgot that the day was the announcement of the Prix Goncourt, the annual ______________ award.
(a) Book writing.
(b) Play writing.
(c) Poem writing.
8. Dave and Finn notified ___________ that the dog was safe so that the police would not be notified.
9. ___________ had been the most important thing in the world to James, he realizes after refusing the job.
10. James and Mr. Mars would spend their lunch hour thinking about the benefits of having performed some ____________.
(a) Charity work.
(b) Manual labor.
(c) Simple tasks.
(d) Service to society.
11. What does James tell one of the guards, which eventually lets James onto the property?
(a) He is the cousin of Hugo.
(b) He likes movies.
(c) He will kill the dog.
(d) He is a friend.
12. As James began to walk the streets of Paris that day, who did he think to find in the city?
13. Who did James see walking up to Hugo's with Lefty Todd in order to get Hugo's stuff?
14. James assumed his lost friend was just out ___________ and that he would return in a few days.
(b) With his wife.
(c) Visiting friends.
(d) Playing his music.
15. How much did Sadie and Sammy want for all of the rights to Mr. Mars, the celebrity dog?
(a) 1000 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(d) 700 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had James originally left the manuscript which seems to have been stolen with?
2. Where did James and Mr. Mars go after they escaped the riots at the film studio?
3. Who is the orator in the scene in which James finds himself as he is looking for Hugo?
4. The orator is speaking about the evils of _____________ as he stands above the crowd of thousands.
5. James decides to go back to ________ flat for several days upon his return home.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)