|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Hugo left, James walked the streets of ___________, thinking about all of the things that he had heard.
2. Hugo admitted that he had loved _____________, though someone else had loved him - ironically.
3. What was James presented with after waking up from his nap at his friend's house?
(c) Bottle of whisky.
4. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
5. Who is brought along on James' reconnaissance mission to find the stolen manuscript?
6. Where do Mr. Mars and James go before they head out for their next adventure?
(b) Mrs. Tinckham's.
7. How much did Sadie and Sammy want for all of the rights to Mr. Mars, the celebrity dog?
(a) 700 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(d) 1000 pounds.
8. Where did James and Mr. Mars go after they escaped the riots at the film studio?
(b) Hugo's flat.
(c) The police station.
(d) The park.
9. Whose voice singing on the radio makes James realize that this person is completely gone from his life?
10. What is the scene in which James finds himself as he is walking around, trying to find a way into the studio?
11. Once James began to feel better, he got the urge to contact ________ again in order to talk.
12. Where did James find himself one night when he and Mr. Mars were out on a walk?
(a) A palace.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A school.
(d) A hospital.
13. James finds that he has received a letter from ___________, thanking him for his friendship and support.
14. James decided that Magdalen had been double-crossed by _____________, who had probably ditched her.
15. Who does James bring in the cab with him on the way to the studio where Hugo is at?
(a) Mr. Mars.
Short Answer Questions
1. James began to work on the ___________ ward six days a week and he really liked doing it.
2. As James began to walk the streets of Paris that day, who did he think to find in the city?
3. James' need to share his __________ was overwhelming, so he sent a telegram to Dave and to Finn.
4. The orator is speaking about the evils of _____________ as he stands above the crowd of thousands.
5. What did James find when he walked into Hugo's house? What had taken over the space?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)