|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does James spot on the other side of the river as the fireworks are beginning to go off?
2. Magdalen tells James there is a man willing to pay him an immediately _________ pounds and then 150 pounds indefinitely.
3. Where do Mr. Mars and James go before they head out for their next adventure?
(d) Mrs. Tinckham's.
4. When he returned, James found out that ________ had taken his share of the racetrack money and had not been heard from since.
5. James heads back to ___________ flat in order to pack up his things and leave a thank you note.
6. As night approached, James realizes that it was a national holiday. What holiday was being celebrated?
(b) Bastille Day.
(d) Fourth of July.
7. What is NOT one of James' duties at his new job at the hospital where he now works?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Getting patient records.
(c) Help prepare food.
(d) Mopping the floor.
8. _____________ seemed to be a separate being now to James, his memories of her had been transformed.
(c) Mrs. Tinckham.
9. James and Mr. Mars would spend their lunch hour thinking about the benefits of having performed some ____________.
(a) Service to society.
(b) Charity work.
(c) Simple tasks.
(d) Manual labor.
10. Who did James see walking up to Hugo's with Lefty Todd in order to get Hugo's stuff?
11. James really does believe that "The Wooden ______________" would make a really great film.
12. Where did James notice a sudden crowd begin to form as he enjoyed his breakfast?
(b) Police station.
(d) Movie house.
13. Into whose room does James try to sneak in the middle of the night, much to the displeasure of the patient?
14. Hugo decided that he wanted to ___________ his life, so he was giving away all of his possessions and money.
(c) Start over in.
15. As James began to walk the streets of Paris that day, who did he think to find in the city?
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ had been a monolith to James and now James thought as to whether he would ever see him again.
2. Who had James originally left the manuscript which seems to have been stolen with?
3. To his amazement, James secured a position as __________ at the hospital immediately.
4. After Hugo left, James walked the streets of ___________, thinking about all of the things that he had heard.
5. Who does James think stole his copy of Breteuil's book that he had been working on?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)