|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does James go in an effort to try to find the manuscript which he now thinks has been stolen?
2. James receives a telegram from Magdalen, telling him to come to __________ as quickly as possible.
3. James assumed his lost friend was just out ___________ and that he would return in a few days.
(b) With his wife.
(c) Visiting friends.
(d) Playing his music.
4. Dave and Finn notified ___________ that the dog was safe so that the police would not be notified.
5. Magdalen tells James there is a man willing to pay him an immediately _________ pounds and then 150 pounds indefinitely.
6. James also finds a letter from __________, explaining that he had gone back to Ireland and back to his home.
7. When he returned, James found out that ________ had taken his share of the racetrack money and had not been heard from since.
8. To his amazement, James secured a position as __________ at the hospital immediately.
(a) A social worker.
(b) An orderly.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A doctor.
9. What does James tell one of the guards, which eventually lets James onto the property?
(a) He likes movies.
(b) He is a friend.
(c) He will kill the dog.
(d) He is the cousin of Hugo.
10. James decided that Magdalen had been double-crossed by _____________, who had probably ditched her.
11. James forgot that the day was the announcement of the Prix Goncourt, the annual ______________ award.
(a) Poem writing.
(b) Play writing.
(d) Book writing.
12. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
13. Into whose room does James try to sneak in the middle of the night, much to the displeasure of the patient?
14. Who does James receive a check from in the pile of mail that has been held for him?
15. When James told Hugo he would probably be in the hospital for _______ days, Hugo decided to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is James' reaction to the job offer which comes from Magdalen when he goes to visit her?
2. James' need to share his __________ was overwhelming, so he sent a telegram to Dave and to Finn.
3. As James began to walk the streets of Paris that day, who did he think to find in the city?
4. Where did James notice a sudden crowd begin to form as he enjoyed his breakfast?
5. How much did Sadie and Sammy want for all of the rights to Mr. Mars, the celebrity dog?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)