|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is James' reaction to the job offer which comes from Magdalen when he goes to visit her?
(d) Can I think about it?
2. As James began to walk the streets of Paris that day, who did he think to find in the city?
3. James also finds a letter from __________, explaining that he had gone back to Ireland and back to his home.
4. What is the scene in which James finds himself as he is walking around, trying to find a way into the studio?
5. Into whose room does James try to sneak in the middle of the night, much to the displeasure of the patient?
6. James decided that Magdalen had been double-crossed by _____________, who had probably ditched her.
7. James finds that he has received a letter from ___________, thanking him for his friendship and support.
8. When he returned, James found out that ________ had taken his share of the racetrack money and had not been heard from since.
9. What did James find when he walked into Hugo's house? What had taken over the space?
10. _____________ seemed to be a separate being now to James, his memories of her had been transformed.
(a) Mrs. Tinckham.
11. Who does James bring in the cab with him on the way to the studio where Hugo is at?
(c) Mr. Mars.
12. As night approached, James realizes that it was a national holiday. What holiday was being celebrated?
(a) Bastille Day.
(b) Fourth of July.
13. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
14. What is NOT one of James' duties at his new job at the hospital where he now works?
(a) Getting patient records.
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Mopping the floor.
(d) Help prepare food.
15. When James told Hugo he would probably be in the hospital for _______ days, Hugo decided to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did James find himself one night when he and Mr. Mars were out on a walk?
2. Who was intent on hearing the orator's speech, so he silenced James when James intended to talk?
3. Hugo tells James that it is really ____________ who is in love with him, rather than who James loved.
4. Whose voice singing on the radio makes James realize that this person is completely gone from his life?
5. James acknowledged Dave when he brought him meals __________ a day.
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)