|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As James began to walk the streets of Paris that day, who did he think to find in the city?
2. James told Hugo that he felt awful about the __________ and wanted to let him know himself.
3. James also finds a letter from __________, explaining that he had gone back to Ireland and back to his home.
4. As night approached, James realizes that it was a national holiday. What holiday was being celebrated?
(c) Bastille Day.
(d) Fourth of July.
5. Where did James notice a sudden crowd begin to form as he enjoyed his breakfast?
(c) Police station.
(d) Movie house.
6. What is the scene in which James finds himself as he is walking around, trying to find a way into the studio?
7. _____________ seemed to be a separate being now to James, his memories of her had been transformed.
(c) Mrs. Tinckham.
8. The orator is speaking about the evils of _____________ as he stands above the crowd of thousands.
9. Who had James originally left the manuscript which seems to have been stolen with?
10. Who does James receive a check from in the pile of mail that has been held for him?
11. Hugo tells James that it is really ____________ who is in love with him, rather than who James loved.
12. When James told Hugo he would probably be in the hospital for _______ days, Hugo decided to leave.
13. James decides to go back to ________ flat for several days upon his return home.
14. Who is brought along on James' reconnaissance mission to find the stolen manuscript?
15. James assumed his lost friend was just out ___________ and that he would return in a few days.
(a) With his wife.
(c) Visiting friends.
(d) Playing his music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did James see walking up to Hugo's with Lefty Todd in order to get Hugo's stuff?
2. Dave and Finn notified ___________ that the dog was safe so that the police would not be notified.
3. After Hugo left, James walked the streets of ___________, thinking about all of the things that he had heard.
4. What is James' reaction to the job offer which comes from Magdalen when he goes to visit her?
5. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)