|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
2. James heads back to ___________ flat in order to pack up his things and leave a thank you note.
3. What does James tell one of the guards, which eventually lets James onto the property?
(a) He is the cousin of Hugo.
(b) He will kill the dog.
(c) He likes movies.
(d) He is a friend.
4. James began to work on the ___________ ward six days a week and he really liked doing it.
(b) Head injury.
(c) Infectious disease.
5. _____________ seemed to be a separate being now to James, his memories of her had been transformed.
(a) Mrs. Tinckham.
6. What did James find when he walked into Hugo's house? What had taken over the space?
7. Where did James and Mr. Mars go after they escaped the riots at the film studio?
(a) The park.
(c) The police station.
(d) Hugo's flat.
8. James receives a telegram from Magdalen, telling him to come to __________ as quickly as possible.
9. When he returned, James found out that ________ had taken his share of the racetrack money and had not been heard from since.
10. Who does James spot on the other side of the river as the fireworks are beginning to go off?
11. What does James do when he realizes that he person he thought he saw was actually not that person?
(a) Goes out for drinks.
(b) Returns home.
(c) Sleeps in the park.
(d) Calls Sadie.
12. Who was intent on hearing the orator's speech, so he silenced James when James intended to talk?
13. Dave and Finn notified ___________ that the dog was safe so that the police would not be notified.
14. As night approached, James realizes that it was a national holiday. What holiday was being celebrated?
(a) Fourth of July.
(b) Bastille Day.
15. James acknowledged Dave when he brought him meals __________ a day.
(a) Three times.
(b) Four times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
2. After Hugo left, James walked the streets of ___________, thinking about all of the things that he had heard.
3. James finds that he has received a letter from ___________, thanking him for his friendship and support.
4. How much did Sadie and Sammy want for all of the rights to Mr. Mars, the celebrity dog?
5. Who does James bring in the cab with him on the way to the studio where Hugo is at?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)