|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The orator is speaking about the evils of _____________ as he stands above the crowd of thousands.
2. As James began to walk the streets of Paris that day, who did he think to find in the city?
3. James finds that he has received a letter from ___________, thanking him for his friendship and support.
4. Magdalen tells James there is a man willing to pay him an immediately _________ pounds and then 150 pounds indefinitely.
5. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
(d) Jean Pierre Breteuil.
6. Where do Mr. Mars and James go before they head out for their next adventure?
(a) Mrs. Tinckham's.
7. Whose voice singing on the radio makes James realize that this person is completely gone from his life?
8. James' need to share his __________ was overwhelming, so he sent a telegram to Dave and to Finn.
9. Where did James and Mr. Mars go after they escaped the riots at the film studio?
(a) The police station.
(c) The park.
(d) Hugo's flat.
10. What is NOT one of James' duties at his new job at the hospital where he now works?
(a) Getting patient records.
(b) Help prepare food.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Mopping the floor.
11. Who had James originally left the manuscript which seems to have been stolen with?
12. Who is the orator in the scene in which James finds himself as he is looking for Hugo?
(a) Lefty Todd.
(c) Sammy Starfield.
13. What is James' reaction to the job offer which comes from Magdalen when he goes to visit her?
(a) Can I think about it?
14. James decided that Magdalen had been double-crossed by _____________, who had probably ditched her.
15. James acknowledged Dave when he brought him meals __________ a day.
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ had been a monolith to James and now James thought as to whether he would ever see him again.
2. Who does James think stole his copy of Breteuil's book that he had been working on?
3. What does James tell one of the guards, which eventually lets James onto the property?
4. When he returned, James found out that ________ had taken his share of the racetrack money and had not been heard from since.
5. James got along well with the young nurses, but the _________ were still skeptical of him at his job.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)