|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does James think stole his copy of Breteuil's book that he had been working on?
2. Who did James see walking up to Hugo's with Lefty Todd in order to get Hugo's stuff?
3. Where did James find himself one night when he and Mr. Mars were out on a walk?
(a) A palace.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) A school.
4. Who does James bring in the cab with him on the way to the studio where Hugo is at?
(c) Mr. Mars.
5. After Hugo left, James walked the streets of ___________, thinking about all of the things that he had heard.
6. What is the job that Magdalen is offering to James, giving him the opportunity to make a lot of money for basically no work?
(a) Script writer.
(d) Personal assistant.
7. James decides to go back to ________ flat for several days upon his return home.
8. __________ had been a monolith to James and now James thought as to whether he would ever see him again.
9. Who is brought along on James' reconnaissance mission to find the stolen manuscript?
10. Into whose room does James try to sneak in the middle of the night, much to the displeasure of the patient?
11. Where did James notice a sudden crowd begin to form as he enjoyed his breakfast?
(b) Police station.
(c) Movie house.
12. _____________ seemed to be a separate being now to James, his memories of her had been transformed.
(d) Mrs. Tinckham.
13. Where do Mr. Mars and James go before they head out for their next adventure?
(b) Mrs. Tinckham's.
14. What is James' reaction to the job offer which comes from Magdalen when he goes to visit her?
(a) Can I think about it?
15. James began to work on the ___________ ward six days a week and he really liked doing it.
(c) Infectious disease.
(d) Head injury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James tell one of the guards, which eventually lets James onto the property?
2. What was James presented with after waking up from his nap at his friend's house?
3. James got along well with the young nurses, but the _________ were still skeptical of him at his job.
4. James also finds a letter from __________, explaining that he had gone back to Ireland and back to his home.
5. When he returned, James found out that ________ had taken his share of the racetrack money and had not been heard from since.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)