|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ seemed to be a separate being now to James, his memories of her had been transformed.
(a) Mrs. Tinckham.
2. When he returned, James found out that ________ had taken his share of the racetrack money and had not been heard from since.
3. James told Hugo that he felt awful about the __________ and wanted to let him know himself.
4. After Hugo left, James walked the streets of ___________, thinking about all of the things that he had heard.
5. As James began to walk the streets of Paris that day, who did he think to find in the city?
6. James really does believe that "The Wooden ______________" would make a really great film.
7. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
8. Who does James spot on the other side of the river as the fireworks are beginning to go off?
9. What is James' reaction to the job offer which comes from Magdalen when he goes to visit her?
(a) Can I think about it?
10. James decides to go back to ________ flat for several days upon his return home.
11. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
(a) Jean Pierre Breteuil.
12. Who does James receive a check from in the pile of mail that has been held for him?
13. James forgot that the day was the announcement of the Prix Goncourt, the annual ______________ award.
(a) Poem writing.
(b) Play writing.
(c) Book writing.
14. James' need to share his __________ was overwhelming, so he sent a telegram to Dave and to Finn.
15. Who had James originally left the manuscript which seems to have been stolen with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Magdalen tells James there is a man willing to pay him an immediately _________ pounds and then 150 pounds indefinitely.
2. ___________ had been the most important thing in the world to James, he realizes after refusing the job.
3. What was James presented with after waking up from his nap at his friend's house?
4. Into whose room does James try to sneak in the middle of the night, much to the displeasure of the patient?
5. Who is brought along on James' reconnaissance mission to find the stolen manuscript?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)