|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of James' duties at his new job at the hospital where he now works?
(a) Getting patient records.
(b) Help prepare food.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Mopping the floor.
2. What did James find when he walked into Hugo's house? What had taken over the space?
3. Into whose room does James try to sneak in the middle of the night, much to the displeasure of the patient?
4. Hugo decided that he wanted to ___________ his life, so he was giving away all of his possessions and money.
(d) Start over in.
5. What does James do when he realizes that he person he thought he saw was actually not that person?
(a) Returns home.
(b) Goes out for drinks.
(c) Sleeps in the park.
(d) Calls Sadie.
6. How did James break open the safe in order to get the money from Hugo's house?
(b) He picked it.
(c) Listening with a stethoscope.
(d) He didn't.
7. How much did Sadie and Sammy want for all of the rights to Mr. Mars, the celebrity dog?
(a) 1000 pounds.
(b) 700 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
8. After Hugo left, James walked the streets of ___________, thinking about all of the things that he had heard.
9. Who was intent on hearing the orator's speech, so he silenced James when James intended to talk?
10. James assumed his lost friend was just out ___________ and that he would return in a few days.
(b) Visiting friends.
(c) With his wife.
(d) Playing his music.
11. Who is brought along on James' reconnaissance mission to find the stolen manuscript?
12. Hugo admitted that he had loved _____________, though someone else had loved him - ironically.
13. Who does James spot on the other side of the river as the fireworks are beginning to go off?
14. James' need to share his __________ was overwhelming, so he sent a telegram to Dave and to Finn.
15. To his amazement, James secured a position as __________ at the hospital immediately.
(a) An orderly.
(b) A social worker.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. As James began to walk the streets of Paris that day, who did he think to find in the city?
2. James began to work on the ___________ ward six days a week and he really liked doing it.
3. Who had James originally left the manuscript which seems to have been stolen with?
4. James decided that Magdalen had been double-crossed by _____________, who had probably ditched her.
5. James and Mr. Mars would spend their lunch hour thinking about the benefits of having performed some ____________.
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)