|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When James told Hugo he would probably be in the hospital for _______ days, Hugo decided to leave.
2. James receives a telegram from Magdalen, telling him to come to __________ as quickly as possible.
3. What is NOT one of James' duties at his new job at the hospital where he now works?
(a) Help prepare food.
(b) Getting patient records.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Mopping the floor.
4. What did James find when he walked into Hugo's house? What had taken over the space?
5. How much did Sadie and Sammy want for all of the rights to Mr. Mars, the celebrity dog?
(a) 700 pounds.
(b) 1000 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
6. __________ had been a monolith to James and now James thought as to whether he would ever see him again.
7. Whose voice singing on the radio makes James realize that this person is completely gone from his life?
8. James' need to share his __________ was overwhelming, so he sent a telegram to Dave and to Finn.
9. Who does James bring in the cab with him on the way to the studio where Hugo is at?
(d) Mr. Mars.
10. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
(a) Jean Pierre Breteuil.
11. The orator is speaking about the evils of _____________ as he stands above the crowd of thousands.
12. What was James presented with after waking up from his nap at his friend's house?
(d) Bottle of whisky.
13. James finds that he has received a letter from ___________, thanking him for his friendship and support.
14. James decided that Magdalen had been double-crossed by _____________, who had probably ditched her.
15. James heads back to ___________ flat in order to pack up his things and leave a thank you note.
Short Answer Questions
1. James forgot that the day was the announcement of the Prix Goncourt, the annual ______________ award.
2. Who does James spot on the other side of the river as the fireworks are beginning to go off?
3. James began to work on the ___________ ward six days a week and he really liked doing it.
4. Where did James find himself one night when he and Mr. Mars were out on a walk?
5. What does James tell one of the guards, which eventually lets James onto the property?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)