|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The orator is speaking about the evils of _____________ as he stands above the crowd of thousands.
2. As night approached, James realizes that it was a national holiday. What holiday was being celebrated?
(a) Fourth of July.
(b) Bastille Day.
3. James' need to share his __________ was overwhelming, so he sent a telegram to Dave and to Finn.
4. James acknowledged Dave when he brought him meals __________ a day.
(b) Three times.
(d) Four times.
5. Dave and Finn notified ___________ that the dog was safe so that the police would not be notified.
6. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
7. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
(a) Jean Pierre Breteuil.
8. Who does James think stole his copy of Breteuil's book that he had been working on?
9. What was James presented with after waking up from his nap at his friend's house?
(b) Bottle of whisky.
10. Where did James and Mr. Mars go after they escaped the riots at the film studio?
(a) The park.
(b) Hugo's flat.
(c) The police station.
11. James assumed his lost friend was just out ___________ and that he would return in a few days.
(a) Visiting friends.
(b) With his wife.
(c) Playing his music.
12. Whose voice singing on the radio makes James realize that this person is completely gone from his life?
13. Who had James originally left the manuscript which seems to have been stolen with?
14. Who did James see walking up to Hugo's with Lefty Todd in order to get Hugo's stuff?
15. Who does James receive a check from in the pile of mail that has been held for him?
Short Answer Questions
1. To his amazement, James secured a position as __________ at the hospital immediately.
2. After Hugo left, James walked the streets of ___________, thinking about all of the things that he had heard.
3. ___________ had been the most important thing in the world to James, he realizes after refusing the job.
4. James got along well with the young nurses, but the _________ were still skeptical of him at his job.
5. James decides to go back to ________ flat for several days upon his return home.
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)