|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James acknowledged Dave when he brought him meals __________ a day.
(b) Four times.
(d) Three times.
2. What was James presented with after waking up from his nap at his friend's house?
(a) Bottle of whisky.
3. _____________ seemed to be a separate being now to James, his memories of her had been transformed.
(d) Mrs. Tinckham.
4. What did James find when he walked into Hugo's house? What had taken over the space?
5. Who does James think stole his copy of Breteuil's book that he had been working on?
6. Hugo tells James that it is really ____________ who is in love with him, rather than who James loved.
7. What is NOT one of James' duties at his new job at the hospital where he now works?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Help prepare food.
(c) Mopping the floor.
(d) Getting patient records.
8. James decides to go back to ________ flat for several days upon his return home.
9. What is the scene in which James finds himself as he is walking around, trying to find a way into the studio?
10. James also finds a letter from __________, explaining that he had gone back to Ireland and back to his home.
11. James began to work on the ___________ ward six days a week and he really liked doing it.
(a) Infectious disease.
(d) Head injury.
12. As James began to walk the streets of Paris that day, who did he think to find in the city?
13. What does James do when he realizes that he person he thought he saw was actually not that person?
(a) Sleeps in the park.
(b) Returns home.
(c) Calls Sadie.
(d) Goes out for drinks.
14. Whose voice singing on the radio makes James realize that this person is completely gone from his life?
15. Where did James and Mr. Mars go after they escaped the riots at the film studio?
(a) The park.
(b) Hugo's flat.
(c) The police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did James notice a sudden crowd begin to form as he enjoyed his breakfast?
2. Where did James find himself one night when he and Mr. Mars were out on a walk?
3. James receives a telegram from Magdalen, telling him to come to __________ as quickly as possible.
4. James decided the only thing for him to do was to go out for ___________ with Mr. Mars.
5. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)