|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did James and Mr. Mars go after they escaped the riots at the film studio?
(a) The police station.
(b) Hugo's flat.
(d) The park.
2. Dave and Finn notified ___________ that the dog was safe so that the police would not be notified.
3. Who does James think stole his copy of Breteuil's book that he had been working on?
4. What is James' reaction to the job offer which comes from Magdalen when he goes to visit her?
(d) Can I think about it?
5. As James began to walk the streets of Paris that day, who did he think to find in the city?
6. James got along well with the young nurses, but the _________ were still skeptical of him at his job.
(a) Other janitors.
7. __________ had been a monolith to James and now James thought as to whether he would ever see him again.
8. What is the scene in which James finds himself as he is walking around, trying to find a way into the studio?
9. Where did James notice a sudden crowd begin to form as he enjoyed his breakfast?
(a) Movie house.
(c) Police station.
10. James finds that he has received a letter from ___________, thanking him for his friendship and support.
11. How much did Sadie and Sammy want for all of the rights to Mr. Mars, the celebrity dog?
(a) 1000 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(d) 700 pounds.
12. James forgot that the day was the announcement of the Prix Goncourt, the annual ______________ award.
(a) Book writing.
(b) Play writing.
(c) Poem writing.
13. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
(b) Jean Pierre Breteuil.
14. James heads back to ___________ flat in order to pack up his things and leave a thank you note.
15. What is the job that Magdalen is offering to James, giving him the opportunity to make a lot of money for basically no work?
(b) Personal assistant.
(c) Script writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had James originally left the manuscript which seems to have been stolen with?
2. James receives a telegram from Magdalen, telling him to come to __________ as quickly as possible.
3. Where do Mr. Mars and James go before they head out for their next adventure?
4. Whose voice singing on the radio makes James realize that this person is completely gone from his life?
5. When he returned, James found out that ________ had taken his share of the racetrack money and had not been heard from since.
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)