|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James receives a telegram from Magdalen, telling him to come to __________ as quickly as possible.
2. _____________ seemed to be a separate being now to James, his memories of her had been transformed.
(c) Mrs. Tinckham.
3. James assumed his lost friend was just out ___________ and that he would return in a few days.
(a) With his wife.
(c) Playing his music.
(d) Visiting friends.
4. James also finds a letter from __________, explaining that he had gone back to Ireland and back to his home.
5. Once James began to feel better, he got the urge to contact ________ again in order to talk.
6. To his amazement, James secured a position as __________ at the hospital immediately.
(a) A nurse.
(b) An orderly.
(c) A social worker.
(d) A doctor.
7. What is James' reaction to the job offer which comes from Magdalen when he goes to visit her?
(a) Can I think about it?
8. Where did James notice a sudden crowd begin to form as he enjoyed his breakfast?
(a) Police station.
(b) Movie house.
9. James forgot that the day was the announcement of the Prix Goncourt, the annual ______________ award.
(b) Play writing.
(c) Poem writing.
(d) Book writing.
10. How much did Sadie and Sammy want for all of the rights to Mr. Mars, the celebrity dog?
(a) 700 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 1000 pounds.
11. Into whose room does James try to sneak in the middle of the night, much to the displeasure of the patient?
12. Where did James find himself one night when he and Mr. Mars were out on a walk?
(a) A palace.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) A school.
13. James decided that Magdalen had been double-crossed by _____________, who had probably ditched her.
14. James and Mr. Mars would spend their lunch hour thinking about the benefits of having performed some ____________.
(a) Service to society.
(b) Manual labor.
(c) Charity work.
(d) Simple tasks.
15. James really does believe that "The Wooden ______________" would make a really great film.
Short Answer Questions
1. James decided the only thing for him to do was to go out for ___________ with Mr. Mars.
2. What is the scene in which James finds himself as he is walking around, trying to find a way into the studio?
3. Magdalen tells James there is a man willing to pay him an immediately _________ pounds and then 150 pounds indefinitely.
4. Who was the author of the book which had apparently won an award?
5. James acknowledged Dave when he brought him meals __________ a day.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)