|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had James originally left the manuscript which seems to have been stolen with?
2. James acknowledged Dave when he brought him meals __________ a day.
(a) Four times.
(d) Three times.
3. What did James find when he walked into Hugo's house? What had taken over the space?
4. James really does believe that "The Wooden ______________" would make a really great film.
5. Who does James think stole his copy of Breteuil's book that he had been working on?
6. __________ had been a monolith to James and now James thought as to whether he would ever see him again.
7. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
8. Who did James see walking up to Hugo's with Lefty Todd in order to get Hugo's stuff?
9. What is NOT one of James' duties at his new job at the hospital where he now works?
(a) Mopping the floor.
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Getting patient records.
(d) Help prepare food.
10. Who is brought along on James' reconnaissance mission to find the stolen manuscript?
11. After Hugo left, James walked the streets of ___________, thinking about all of the things that he had heard.
12. James receives a telegram from Magdalen, telling him to come to __________ as quickly as possible.
13. Hugo admitted that he had loved _____________, though someone else had loved him - ironically.
14. When he returned, James found out that ________ had taken his share of the racetrack money and had not been heard from since.
15. Whose voice singing on the radio makes James realize that this person is completely gone from his life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Magdalen tells James there is a man willing to pay him an immediately _________ pounds and then 150 pounds indefinitely.
2. What is the job that Magdalen is offering to James, giving him the opportunity to make a lot of money for basically no work?
3. Where does James go in an effort to try to find the manuscript which he now thinks has been stolen?
4. Where did James find himself one night when he and Mr. Mars were out on a walk?
5. James finds that he has received a letter from ___________, thanking him for his friendship and support.
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)