|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does James think stole his copy of Breteuil's book that he had been working on?
2. Magdalen tells James there is a man willing to pay him an immediately _________ pounds and then 150 pounds indefinitely.
3. Hugo tells James that it is really ____________ who is in love with him, rather than who James loved.
4. Who had James originally left the manuscript which seems to have been stolen with?
5. When James told Hugo he would probably be in the hospital for _______ days, Hugo decided to leave.
6. James acknowledged Dave when he brought him meals __________ a day.
(c) Four times.
(d) Three times.
7. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
8. When he returned, James found out that ________ had taken his share of the racetrack money and had not been heard from since.
9. Into whose room does James try to sneak in the middle of the night, much to the displeasure of the patient?
10. After Hugo left, James walked the streets of ___________, thinking about all of the things that he had heard.
11. Hugo decided that he wanted to ___________ his life, so he was giving away all of his possessions and money.
(b) Start over in.
12. ___________ had been the most important thing in the world to James, he realizes after refusing the job.
13. James decides to go back to ________ flat for several days upon his return home.
14. Who is brought along on James' reconnaissance mission to find the stolen manuscript?
15. _____________ seemed to be a separate being now to James, his memories of her had been transformed.
(d) Mrs. Tinckham.
Short Answer Questions
1. James began to work on the ___________ ward six days a week and he really liked doing it.
2. Who is the orator in the scene in which James finds himself as he is looking for Hugo?
3. James heads back to ___________ flat in order to pack up his things and leave a thank you note.
4. Who does James receive a check from in the pile of mail that has been held for him?
5. Once James began to feel better, he got the urge to contact ________ again in order to talk.
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)