|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Tinckman is an owner of a ________________ where James likes to visit.
(b) Taxidermy office.
(c) Grocery mart.
(d) Newspaper shop.
2. What does James decide to do in order to go through Anna's things?
(a) Asks for Hugo's help.
(b) Jumps into the truck bed.
(c) Searches the building.
(d) Grabs a box and wanders off.
3. James and _________ drink coffee in Convent Garden Market the next day.
4. James decided to settle into the __________ room with a drink and a cigarette.
(a) Master suite.
5. Hugo and James were eventually asked to leave the clinic for fear of ______________.
(a) Long term damage.
(c) Being sued.
(d) Stilted results.
6. James begins to realize that his previous life was ________________.
(b) Gone forever.
7. James decided all there was to do was to ____________ with Lefty.
(a) Have a drink.
(b) Leave the bar.
(c) Get into a clinical study.
(d) Write a book.
8. What does James come to find out when he arrives where Anna and he were supposed to meet up?
(a) Hugo is waiting for him.
(b) Sadie is waiting for him.
(c) The theater has been demolished.
(d) Anna is dead.
9. ___________, it is agreed, has the ability to help the Socialist party with his writing.
10. Dave sees James lingering in the ____________ and quickly tells him that he can not stay.
(c) Guest room.
(d) Master bedroom.
11. When the telephone rang, asking for Sadie, who did James realize was the caller on the other line?
12. A high pitched chattering sound made the men think that Hugo was having a _____________.
(a) Deep conversation.
(b) Problem with the fans.
(c) Bird problem.
13. What was the source of the high pitched chattering sounds that the men heard on the way to Hugo's?
(b) Open drapes.
14. What does James do as soon as he lands in the grass in his new location?
(a) Writes a note to Anna.
(b) Calls Hugo.
(d) Falls asleep.
15. What is the outcome of James' placing a bet with Sammy after receiving unexpected money?
(a) 400 pounds.
(b) 600 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) He lost it all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James open in order to make sure Magdalen has not forgotten to pack anything when she took his things from the house?
2. James began to work on his ___________, but he eventually fell asleep doing so.
3. James looks around and sees that the room is like a ____________ where a bomb had exploded.
4. James decided he needed to return to ____________ in order to retrieve the book he had left there.
5. What does James take off in order to make a motion to fight the person he finds in the house?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)