|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lefty said he'd heard that ___________ was a talented man who was too lazy to work.
2. James looks around and sees that the room is like a ____________ where a bomb had exploded.
3. James was surprised that Hugo would _____________ with all of these treasures in his house.
(a) Not be there.
(c) Leave his door open.
(d) Enjoy living.
4. James walks into the door at the landing and is greeting by seven or eight pairs of ___________.
5. What is the name of the aide who tells James that they have been kicked out of their current living arrangements?
6. What kind of flowers had James picked out to give to Anna?
7. What is the profession of James, the main character of this story's events?
8. James and _________ drink coffee in Convent Garden Market the next day.
9. How did the men get to Hugo's address when they eventually got James from Sadie's house?
10. Finally, James comes upon a sign which directs him to the location of Anna: _______ Room, Miss Quentin.
11. Anna was glad to see James, but rebuffed his attempts to talk about _______________.
(a) Her family.
(b) The past.
(c) A book.
12. While David is a religious zealot, there is no concept he hates more than _____________.
13. Sadie wanted James to stay at her __________ all day and told him not to leave.
14. What did Hugo do with the armaments factory that his parents had given to him? What did he turned it into?
(a) Fireworks company.
(b) A park.
(c) A library.
(d) A theater.
15. What does the other person in the room with James have in his hand?
(b) Cutting board.
Short Answer Questions
1. James should have been kicked out of the house long ago as he hates nothing more than ______________.
2. Who does James find in Magdalen's house when he goes back for this things?
3. What does James decide to do in order to go through Anna's things?
4. James believes that ___________ knows too many people in his life, though he is not close to any of them.
5. James decided to settle into the __________ room with a drink and a cigarette.
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)