|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James was surprised that Hugo would _____________ with all of these treasures in his house.
(a) Not be there.
(b) Leave his door open.
(d) Enjoy living.
2. What does James do as soon as he lands in the grass in his new location?
(b) Calls Hugo.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Writes a note to Anna.
3. What is the profession of James, the main character of this story's events?
4. Who does James see in Dave's house, sitting on the floor removed from the rest of the crowd?
5. Where did James stop off in order to find lock picking supplies in order to break into someone's house?
6. When the telephone rang, asking for Sadie, who did James realize was the caller on the other line?
7. All that Sadie and Sammy apparently need is for ________ to sign on the dotted line.
8. Who did the men eventually meet up with on their search to find Hugo?
(b) Lefty Todd.
(c) No one.
(d) Sammy Starfield.
9. Mrs. Tinckman has never taken a sip of the ____________ that James keeps behind the counter.
10. James is surprised by Sammy's offering as James had never offered ______________ to Magdalen.
(b) A payment.
11. Lefty said he'd heard that ___________ was a talented man who was too lazy to work.
12. How much older is Anna than James is, according to his memory?
(a) 2 years.
(b) She isn't older.
(c) They are the same age.
(d) 6 years.
13. What happened as a result of the conversations between Hugo and James?
(a) James wrote a book.
(b) Hugo wrote a book.
(c) James fell in love with Hugo.
(d) Hugo moved in with James.
14. What is the name of the aide who tells James that they have been kicked out of their current living arrangements?
15. James recalls a time when Magdalen destroyed a manuscript of his ___________ that might have been an epic.
(a) Children's stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James focus on across the room after waking up from his nap?
2. What does Magdalen say will happen if James comes by the house after the next week?
3. What does James realize was looking at him when he first opened up the door to the company?
4. James began to work on his ___________, but he eventually fell asleep doing so.
5. Dave adds an armful of ___________ to the bouquet to help make it even more magical.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)