|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finn says it is a fine night for ____________ after the men leave the pub and begin to walk around.
2. Anna lets James know she has had an ____________ that she doesn't like, but can not turn down.
3. Anna was glad to see James, but rebuffed his attempts to talk about _______________.
(b) A book.
(c) Her family.
(d) The past.
4. James walks into the door at the landing and is greeting by seven or eight pairs of ___________.
5. Mrs. Tinckman has never taken a sip of the ____________ that James keeps behind the counter.
6. James should have been kicked out of the house long ago as he hates nothing more than ______________.
(a) Paying rent.
(b) Making small talk.
(c) Keeping clean.
(d) Cooking for Magdalen.
7. James shares the biscuits and other goodies he has taken from ____________ flat with the other men in the group.
8. James recalls a time when Magdalen destroyed a manuscript of his ___________ that might have been an epic.
(a) Children's stories.
9. Sadie said that all they needed to do was to present him with the ______________, the script, and the contracts.
10. James decides that he wants to take ____________ to Anna when he goes to see her.
(c) His new book.
11. What does James do as soon as he lands in the grass in his new location?
(a) Calls Hugo.
(b) Writes a note to Anna.
(d) Falls asleep.
12. James simply needs to write a ________________ that will reach more people than a novel would.
(d) Newspaper article.
13. Where does James discover that Sadie is when he arrives at her house to meet with her?
(a) A cottage.
(b) The theater.
(c) The States.
14. What does James decide to do in order to go through Anna's things?
(a) Searches the building.
(b) Asks for Hugo's help.
(c) Jumps into the truck bed.
(d) Grabs a box and wanders off.
15. What does James tuck himself into in order to fall asleep in the room where Anna is working?
(a) His sweater.
(b) A robe.
(c) Bearskin rug.
(d) Sleeping bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. James can not leave until he sends a letter to ____________, telling the recipient how he feels.
2. What does James find that explains why Anna was not able to meet him?
3. Lefty Todd was the eccentric leader of the New Independent ______________.
4. Dave sees James lingering in the ____________ and quickly tells him that he can not stay.
5. James was not in a good mood when he went to meet ___________ the following day.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)