|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James tells Sadie's housekeeper that he is a ____________ of hers.
2. James simply needs to write a ________________ that will reach more people than a novel would.
(c) Newspaper article.
3. What does James decide to do in order to go through Anna's things?
(a) Jumps into the truck bed.
(b) Searches the building.
(c) Asks for Hugo's help.
(d) Grabs a box and wanders off.
4. James and Lefty decide to buy four bottles of ______________ and to head out to continue their talks.
5. What does James come to find out when he arrives where Anna and he were supposed to meet up?
(a) Anna is dead.
(b) Hugo is waiting for him.
(c) The theater has been demolished.
(d) Sadie is waiting for him.
6. Left spends his evening drilling ____________ on his political views, while Dave and Finn go elsewhere.
7. James begins to realize that his previous life was ________________.
(d) Gone forever.
8. James recalls a time when Magdalen destroyed a manuscript of his ___________ that might have been an epic.
(d) Children's stories.
9. James was thought by Lefty to hold __________-wing opinions, though he took no part in politics.
10. James feels ___________ is a bright, sensual person who is warm-hearted and who would help anyone she could.
(b) Mrs. Tinckham.
11. What did Hugo do with the armaments factory that his parents had given to him? What did he turned it into?
(a) Fireworks company.
(b) A theater.
(c) A library.
(d) A park.
12. Where does Anna want James to meet up with her, as she states in a letter to him?
(b) Hugo's place.
(c) His house.
13. Who does Finn suggest James contact in order to find a new place to stay for a while?
14. What did James do after his many discussions with Hugo in order to hold onto the thoughts?
(a) Took notes.
(b) Create a play.
(c) Talk to others.
(d) Tell Anna.
15. Who does James recognized Sadie's boss to be, even though he has taken on a new name?
Short Answer Questions
1. James begins to question why he didn't come _____________ than he did.
2. A high pitched chattering sound made the men think that Hugo was having a _____________.
3. Finn says it is a fine night for ____________ after the men leave the pub and begin to walk around.
4. When James arrives at Sadie's, she tells him that she is dreadfully late for the ___________.
5. What does James take off in order to make a motion to fight the person he finds in the house?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)