|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sadie wants James to move into her house a bit earlier to protect her from her boss, _____________.
2. James feels ___________ is a bright, sensual person who is warm-hearted and who would help anyone she could.
(b) Mrs. Tinckham.
3. What did Anna avoid as she began to answer James' questions upon his arrival?
(b) The chair.
(c) The door.
(d) His eyes.
4. James was not in a good mood when he went to meet ___________ the following day.
5. James and Lefty decide to buy four bottles of ______________ and to head out to continue their talks.
6. James was not insulted by the offering of Sammy, but he did need the ____________.
(b) Place to stay.
7. Who did the men eventually meet up with on their search to find Hugo?
(b) Lefty Todd.
(c) No one.
(d) Sammy Starfield.
8. Who does Anna have a singing act with, as James fondly recalls?
9. Sadie wanted James to stay at her __________ all day and told him not to leave.
10. Of the two sisters, who had the flash and eventually went on to become a celebrity?
11. Dave believes the house will not stand the two of them who are _______________________.
(a) Neurotic messes.
(b) Shameless fools.
(c) Cultured snobs.
(d) Lazy fools.
12. James tells Sadie's housekeeper that he is a ____________ of hers.
13. ___________, it is agreed, has the ability to help the Socialist party with his writing.
14. Who does James see in Dave's house, sitting on the floor removed from the rest of the crowd?
15. James and _________ drink coffee in Convent Garden Market the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James come to find out when he arrives where Anna and he were supposed to meet up?
2. Lefty said he'd heard that ___________ was a talented man who was too lazy to work.
3. What did James go to the chemist to buy for his headache after sleeping in the park?
4. Dave believes that if James would just get a __________, then all of his angst would go away.
5. What does James focus on across the room after waking up from his nap?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)