|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finally, James comes upon a sign which directs him to the location of Anna: _______ Room, Miss Quentin.
2. Who does Anna have a singing act with, as James fondly recalls?
3. James decides that he wants to take ____________ to Anna when he goes to see her.
(c) His new book.
4. What did James do after his many discussions with Hugo in order to hold onto the thoughts?
(a) Took notes.
(b) Create a play.
(c) Talk to others.
(d) Tell Anna.
5. Who does James see in Dave's house, sitting on the floor removed from the rest of the crowd?
6. Anna lets James know she has had an ____________ that she doesn't like, but can not turn down.
7. All that Sadie and Sammy apparently need is for ________ to sign on the dotted line.
8. Where do the men decide to head out for a brief dip in the water?
(c) St. James Park.
(d) Green Park.
9. When James arrives at Sadie's, she tells him that she is dreadfully late for the ___________.
(d) Nail appointment.
10. What does Magdalen say will happen if James comes by the house after the next week?
(a) Sammy will break his neck.
(b) She will burn his writing.
(d) She will fall in love with him again.
11. James walks into the door at the landing and is greeting by seven or eight pairs of ___________.
12. James can not leave until he sends a letter to ____________, telling the recipient how he feels.
13. James concluded that Sadie must be ___________ about the stalking situation, so he agreed to help.
14. The sheer improbability of __________ being in love with Sadie was very high, according to James.
15. Where does James walk off to once he jumps out of the truck?
(b) Hyde Park.
(d) Notting Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. James is surprised by Sammy's offering as James had never offered ______________ to Magdalen.
2. Sadie told James to pick one of the ________ as his own and then she left for the day.
3. James was not insulted by the offering of Sammy, but he did need the ____________.
4. Sadie said they must catch him as soon as he reaches ____________, though it's not clear who 'he' is.
5. James decided to settle into the __________ room with a drink and a cigarette.
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)