|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of company is advertised at the address where James arrives to find Anna?
2. What name did the men look for on the building in order to find where Hugo was staying?
3. A high pitched chattering sound made the men think that Hugo was having a _____________.
(b) Bird problem.
(c) Deep conversation.
(d) Problem with the fans.
4. Finn says it is a fine night for ____________ after the men leave the pub and begin to walk around.
5. Whose name was mentioned in a conversation, making James stop what he was doing and listen in?
6. James decided he needed to return to ____________ in order to retrieve the book he had left there.
7. What does James take off in order to make a motion to fight the person he finds in the house?
8. Dave sees James lingering in the ____________ and quickly tells him that he can not stay.
(b) Guest room.
(d) Master bedroom.
9. Who was Sadie talking with as James overheard the conversation from outside?
10. Anna tells James that the company is an amateur __________ company, though she will not say much else.
11. James recalls a time when Magdalen destroyed a manuscript of his ___________ that might have been an epic.
(c) Children's stories.
12. Mrs. Tinckman is an owner of a ________________ where James likes to visit.
(a) Newspaper shop.
(b) Taxidermy office.
(c) Grocery mart.
13. Dave thinks that James' problem is that he is an incorrigible ______________.
(c) Lazy bum.
14. James' _____________ from the unintentional deceit drove him away from Hugo.
15. James was not insulted by the offering of Sammy, but he did need the ____________.
(b) Place to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. All that Sadie and Sammy apparently need is for ________ to sign on the dotted line.
2. Who does James find in Magdalen's house when he goes back for this things?
3. James and Lefty decide to buy four bottles of ______________ and to head out to continue their talks.
4. Of the two sisters, who had the flash and eventually went on to become a celebrity?
5. Sadie said that all they needed to do was to present him with the ______________, the script, and the contracts.
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)