|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James walks into the door at the landing and is greeting by seven or eight pairs of ___________.
2. Whose name is listed inside of the book that James is surprised that Sadie would have?
3. What was the source of the high pitched chattering sounds that the men heard on the way to Hugo's?
(d) Open drapes.
4. What does James come to find out when he arrives where Anna and he were supposed to meet up?
(a) Sadie is waiting for him.
(b) The theater has been demolished.
(c) Hugo is waiting for him.
(d) Anna is dead.
5. Where does James go after learning about his bets with Sammy Starfield?
6. James concluded that Sadie must be ___________ about the stalking situation, so he agreed to help.
7. James and Lefty decide to buy four bottles of ______________ and to head out to continue their talks.
8. Where does Anna want James to meet up with her, as she states in a letter to him?
(a) Hugo's place.
(b) His house.
9. What did James do after his many discussions with Hugo in order to hold onto the thoughts?
(a) Create a play.
(b) Talk to others.
(c) Tell Anna.
(d) Took notes.
10. Anna was glad to see James, but rebuffed his attempts to talk about _______________.
(b) The past.
(c) A book.
(d) Her family.
11. What is the profession of Magdalen's soon-to-be husband, Sammy Starfield?
12. Who does James recognized Sadie's boss to be, even though he has taken on a new name?
13. Finally, James comes upon a sign which directs him to the location of Anna: _______ Room, Miss Quentin.
14. James begins to realize that his previous life was ________________.
(b) Gone forever.
15. Who does Anna have a singing act with, as James fondly recalls?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hugo do with the armaments factory that his parents had given to him? What did he turned it into?
2. Who was Sadie talking with as James overheard the conversation from outside?
3. How much older is Anna than James is, according to his memory?
4. What does James focus on across the room after waking up from his nap?
5. Dave believes the house will not stand the two of them who are _______________________.
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)