|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James concluded that Sadie must be ___________ about the stalking situation, so he agreed to help.
2. What does James find that explains why Anna was not able to meet him?
(a) A bouquet of flowers for him.
(c) A note to someone else.
(d) A note addressed to him.
3. What kind of company is advertised at the address where James arrives to find Anna?
4. What does James focus on across the room after waking up from his nap?
5. Onto what does James throw Anna in order to keep the conversation from being too boring?
6. James begins to question why he didn't come _____________ than he did.
(c) To the theater with more flowers.
(d) With a better speech.
7. Where do the men decide to head out for a brief dip in the water?
(b) St. James Park.
(c) Green Park.
8. James decides to put his money on the ____________ that afternoon and Sammy is pleased.
9. James overheard Sammy tell Sadie that the issue with ____________ was going to be up to her.
10. James was not insulted by the offering of Sammy, but he did need the ____________.
(d) Place to stay.
11. What is NOT one of the artists that Hugo collected the art of within his living area?
12. Who does James find in Magdalen's house when he goes back for this things?
13. Lefty said he'd heard that ___________ was a talented man who was too lazy to work.
14. What did Anna avoid as she began to answer James' questions upon his arrival?
(b) His eyes.
(c) The chair.
(d) The door.
15. James begins to realize that some of the words that Anna used were _________ and not hers.
(a) From his poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. James simply needs to write a ________________ that will reach more people than a novel would.
2. James was surprised that Hugo would _____________ with all of these treasures in his house.
3. James realizes that one of the masked actors on the stage that night must have been __________.
4. What is the profession of Magdalen's soon-to-be husband, Sammy Starfield?
5. James decided he needed to return to ____________ in order to retrieve the book he had left there.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)