|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the two sisters, who had the flash and eventually went on to become a celebrity?
2. James was thought by Lefty to hold __________-wing opinions, though he took no part in politics.
3. Anna tells James that the company is an amateur __________ company, though she will not say much else.
4. How much older is Anna than James is, according to his memory?
(a) She isn't older.
(b) 6 years.
(c) They are the same age.
(d) 2 years.
5. Who does James recognized Sadie's boss to be, even though he has taken on a new name?
6. Hugo and James were eventually asked to leave the clinic for fear of ______________.
(a) Being sued.
(b) Stilted results.
(d) Long term damage.
7. James begins to question why he didn't come _____________ than he did.
(b) With a better speech.
(c) To the theater with more flowers.
8. What is the outcome of James' placing a bet with Sammy after receiving unexpected money?
(a) 600 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 400 pounds.
(d) He lost it all.
9. Mrs. Tinckman is an owner of a ________________ where James likes to visit.
(a) Taxidermy office.
(b) Grocery mart.
(d) Newspaper shop.
10. Who does Finn suggest James contact in order to find a new place to stay for a while?
11. What did James go to the chemist to buy for his headache after sleeping in the park?
12. What name did the men look for on the building in order to find where Hugo was staying?
13. James begins to realize that some of the words that Anna used were _________ and not hers.
(a) From his poetry.
14. Sadie wants James to move into her house a bit earlier to protect her from her boss, _____________.
15. What did James drink a lot of in order to determine his next course of action?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sadie wanted James to stay at her __________ all day and told him not to leave.
2. Where do the men decide to head out for a brief dip in the water?
3. James is not sure that taking on the role of Sadie's ____________ is such a good idea.
4. Finn says it is a fine night for ____________ after the men leave the pub and begin to walk around.
5. What is the profession of James, the main character of this story's events?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)