|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the other person in the room with James have in his hand?
(a) Cutting board.
2. Who does Anna have a singing act with, as James fondly recalls?
3. What kind of company is advertised at the address where James arrives to find Anna?
4. What does James focus on across the room after waking up from his nap?
5. James notes that Anna is a bit ___________ and a bit grayer, but still beautiful.
6. James was surprised that Hugo would _____________ with all of these treasures in his house.
(a) Enjoy living.
(c) Not be there.
(d) Leave his door open.
7. Anna was glad to see James, but rebuffed his attempts to talk about _______________.
(b) Her family.
(c) The past.
(d) A book.
8. James feels ___________ is a bright, sensual person who is warm-hearted and who would help anyone she could.
(a) Mrs. Tinckham.
9. James decided all there was to do was to ____________ with Lefty.
(a) Write a book.
(b) Get into a clinical study.
(c) Have a drink.
(d) Leave the bar.
10. What does Magdalen say will happen if James comes by the house after the next week?
(a) Sammy will break his neck.
(c) She will burn his writing.
(d) She will fall in love with him again.
11. James realizes that one of the masked actors on the stage that night must have been __________.
12. James realizes that he hates ____________ though he fears intimacy.
13. Finally, James comes upon a sign which directs him to the location of Anna: _______ Room, Miss Quentin.
14. Who does Finn suggest James contact in order to find a new place to stay for a while?
15. Whose name was mentioned in a conversation, making James stop what he was doing and listen in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Anna lets James know she has had an ____________ that she doesn't like, but can not turn down.
2. When the telephone rang, asking for Sadie, who did James realize was the caller on the other line?
3. While David is a religious zealot, there is no concept he hates more than _____________.
4. Lefty said he'd heard that ___________ was a talented man who was too lazy to work.
5. Dave believes the house will not stand the two of them who are _______________________.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)