|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anna avoid as she began to answer James' questions upon his arrival?
(b) His eyes.
(c) The chair.
(d) The door.
2. What is the profession of James, the main character of this story's events?
3. James looks around and sees that the room is like a ____________ where a bomb had exploded.
4. Anna tells James that the company is an amateur __________ company, though she will not say much else.
5. Dave believes that if James would just get a __________, then all of his angst would go away.
(a) Publishing deal.
(b) Movie part.
(c) Regular job.
6. James was thought by Lefty to hold __________-wing opinions, though he took no part in politics.
7. What did James realize about the house when he decided to leave to find Hugo?
(a) The doors were all locked.
(b) The house was Anna's.
(c) He didn't know where he was.
(d) The house was on fire.
8. Dave adds an armful of ___________ to the bouquet to help make it even more magical.
9. When the telephone rang, asking for Sadie, who did James realize was the caller on the other line?
10. James realizes that one of the masked actors on the stage that night must have been __________.
11. What happened as a result of the conversations between Hugo and James?
(a) Hugo moved in with James.
(b) James wrote a book.
(c) Hugo wrote a book.
(d) James fell in love with Hugo.
12. Where does James walk off to once he jumps out of the truck?
(a) Hyde Park.
(b) Notting Hill.
13. James shares the biscuits and other goodies he has taken from ____________ flat with the other men in the group.
14. Anna suggests that James talk to __________ about staying at their flat as they are going to be going to the States for a while.
(b) Mrs. Tinckham.
15. James also works on translating what sorts of novels into English?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sadie wanted James to stay at her __________ all day and told him not to leave.
2. What does Magdalen say will happen if James comes by the house after the next week?
3. James simply needs to write a ________________ that will reach more people than a novel would.
4. Anna was glad to see James, but rebuffed his attempts to talk about _______________.
5. Whose name is listed inside of the book that James is surprised that Sadie would have?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)