|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does James discover that Sadie is when he arrives at her house to meet with her?
(a) The theater.
(b) A cottage.
(d) The States.
2. What did James do after his many discussions with Hugo in order to hold onto the thoughts?
(a) Talk to others.
(b) Create a play.
(c) Tell Anna.
(d) Took notes.
3. Who does James recognized Sadie's boss to be, even though he has taken on a new name?
4. James is not sure that taking on the role of Sadie's ____________ is such a good idea.
(c) Personal assistant.
5. James decides that he wants to take ____________ to Anna when he goes to see her.
(c) His new book.
6. Sadie wanted James to stay at her __________ all day and told him not to leave.
7. Finally, James comes upon a sign which directs him to the location of Anna: _______ Room, Miss Quentin.
8. What name did the men look for on the building in order to find where Hugo was staying?
9. What does James tuck himself into in order to fall asleep in the room where Anna is working?
(a) His sweater.
(b) Bearskin rug.
(c) A robe.
(d) Sleeping bag.
10. What was the source of the high pitched chattering sounds that the men heard on the way to Hugo's?
(b) Open drapes.
11. James tells Sadie's housekeeper that he is a ____________ of hers.
12. What is the name of the aide who tells James that they have been kicked out of their current living arrangements?
13. Where does Anna want James to meet up with her, as she states in a letter to him?
(b) Hugo's place.
(c) His house.
14. Clearly, it was Anna that ____________ loved, not Sadie, as James began to think about it.
15. What kind of company is advertised at the address where James arrives to find Anna?
Short Answer Questions
1. James concluded that Sadie must be ___________ about the stalking situation, so he agreed to help.
2. James overheard Sammy tell Sadie that the issue with ____________ was going to be up to her.
3. Sadie wants James to move into her house a bit earlier to protect her from her boss, _____________.
4. Lefty said he'd heard that ___________ was a talented man who was too lazy to work.
5. What does James realize was looking at him when he first opened up the door to the company?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)