|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Onto what does James throw Anna in order to keep the conversation from being too boring?
2. James realizes that one of the masked actors on the stage that night must have been __________.
3. When James arrives at Sadie's, she tells him that she is dreadfully late for the ___________.
(a) Nail appointment.
4. James decided to settle into the __________ room with a drink and a cigarette.
(b) Master suite.
5. James should have been kicked out of the house long ago as he hates nothing more than ______________.
(a) Keeping clean.
(b) Making small talk.
(c) Paying rent.
(d) Cooking for Magdalen.
6. James shares the biscuits and other goodies he has taken from ____________ flat with the other men in the group.
7. Mrs. Tinckman is an owner of a ________________ where James likes to visit.
(a) Grocery mart.
(b) Newspaper shop.
(d) Taxidermy office.
8. What does James find that explains why Anna was not able to meet him?
(a) A note addressed to him.
(b) A bouquet of flowers for him.
(d) A note to someone else.
9. What does James take off in order to make a motion to fight the person he finds in the house?
10. What kind of flowers had James picked out to give to Anna?
11. Who does James see in Dave's house, sitting on the floor removed from the rest of the crowd?
12. James notes that Anna is a bit ___________ and a bit grayer, but still beautiful.
13. James and Lefty decide to buy four bottles of ______________ and to head out to continue their talks.
14. Whose name was mentioned in a conversation, making James stop what he was doing and listen in?
15. Clearly, it was Anna that ____________ loved, not Sadie, as James began to think about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the artists that Hugo collected the art of within his living area?
2. Lefty Todd was the eccentric leader of the New Independent ______________.
3. What does James do as soon as he lands in the grass in his new location?
4. Where do the men decide to head out for a brief dip in the water?
5. Where does James go after learning about his bets with Sammy Starfield?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)