|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All that Sadie and Sammy apparently need is for ________ to sign on the dotted line.
2. What did James realize about the house when he decided to leave to find Hugo?
(a) He didn't know where he was.
(b) The house was on fire.
(c) The doors were all locked.
(d) The house was Anna's.
3. James realizes that one of the masked actors on the stage that night must have been __________.
4. What do the men look at when they jump over a wall and into a yard?
(a) The stars.
(b) A street show.
(c) The windows of a house.
5. Lefty said he'd heard that ___________ was a talented man who was too lazy to work.
6. James tells Sadie's housekeeper that he is a ____________ of hers.
7. Mrs. Tinckman has never taken a sip of the ____________ that James keeps behind the counter.
8. Clearly, it was Anna that ____________ loved, not Sadie, as James began to think about it.
9. ___________ was giving James huge hints and although he did not understand what was to come next, he knew he had to fix problems in the meantime.
10. ___________, it is agreed, has the ability to help the Socialist party with his writing.
11. Who did the men eventually meet up with on their search to find Hugo?
(a) Sammy Starfield.
(b) No one.
(d) Lefty Todd.
12. James is surprised by Sammy's offering as James had never offered ______________ to Magdalen.
(c) A payment.
13. James decided he needed to return to ____________ in order to retrieve the book he had left there.
14. James concluded that Sadie must be ___________ about the stalking situation, so he agreed to help.
15. Who does Finn suggest James contact in order to find a new place to stay for a while?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does James see in Dave's house, sitting on the floor removed from the rest of the crowd?
2. Who was Sadie talking with as James overheard the conversation from outside?
3. What did James go to the chemist to buy for his headache after sleeping in the park?
4. What does Magdalen say will happen if James comes by the house after the next week?
5. What happens to get the men asked to leave the building by authorities?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)