|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does James discover that Sadie is when he arrives at her house to meet with her?
(b) The States.
(c) The theater.
(d) A cottage.
2. Who does Anna have a singing act with, as James fondly recalls?
3. Dave believes the house will not stand the two of them who are _______________________.
(a) Lazy fools.
(b) Neurotic messes.
(c) Cultured snobs.
(d) Shameless fools.
4. James decides to put his money on the ____________ that afternoon and Sammy is pleased.
5. Sadie told James to pick one of the ________ as his own and then she left for the day.
(b) Guest rooms.
6. James notes that Anna is a bit ___________ and a bit grayer, but still beautiful.
7. James was not in a good mood when he went to meet ___________ the following day.
8. What was being tested in the clinic that James and Hugo were both involved in?
(a) Cold treatments.
(b) Anxiety treatments.
(c) Electroshock therapy.
9. Anna lets James know she has had an ____________ that she doesn't like, but can not turn down.
10. Sadie said that all they needed to do was to present him with the ______________, the script, and the contracts.
11. James decided he needed to return to ____________ in order to retrieve the book he had left there.
12. James realizes that he hates ____________ though he fears intimacy.
13. Clearly, it was Anna that ____________ loved, not Sadie, as James began to think about it.
14. What did Anna avoid as she began to answer James' questions upon his arrival?
(b) His eyes.
(c) The door.
(d) The chair.
15. James decides that he wants to take ____________ to Anna when he goes to see her.
(b) His new book.
Short Answer Questions
1. James also works on translating what sorts of novels into English?
2. James first met Hugo at a ___________ where James went to earn some extra cash.
3. Sadie said they must catch him as soon as he reaches ____________, though it's not clear who 'he' is.
4. Who does Finn suggest James contact in order to find a new place to stay for a while?
5. James was surprised that Hugo would _____________ with all of these treasures in his house.
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)