|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James began to work on his ___________, but he eventually fell asleep doing so.
2. How much older is Anna than James is, according to his memory?
(a) She isn't older.
(b) 2 years.
(c) They are the same age.
(d) 6 years.
3. What did James do after his many discussions with Hugo in order to hold onto the thoughts?
(a) Took notes.
(b) Create a play.
(c) Talk to others.
(d) Tell Anna.
4. What does James find that explains why Anna was not able to meet him?
(a) A note addressed to him.
(b) A bouquet of flowers for him.
(d) A note to someone else.
5. Where does Lefty first have to make a stop after the men all decide to leave the pub?
(b) A restroom.
(c) Post Office.
(d) His house.
6. When the telephone rang, asking for Sadie, who did James realize was the caller on the other line?
7. Left spends his evening drilling ____________ on his political views, while Dave and Finn go elsewhere.
8. James decided he needed to return to ____________ in order to retrieve the book he had left there.
9. James realizes that he hates ____________ though he fears intimacy.
10. Of the two sisters, who had the flash and eventually went on to become a celebrity?
11. When James arrives at Sadie's, she tells him that she is dreadfully late for the ___________.
(c) Nail appointment.
12. What does Magdalen say will happen if James comes by the house after the next week?
(a) Sammy will break his neck.
(b) She will fall in love with him again.
(c) She will burn his writing.
13. Mrs. Tinckman is an owner of a ________________ where James likes to visit.
(b) Taxidermy office.
(c) Newspaper shop.
(d) Grocery mart.
14. James walks into the door at the landing and is greeting by seven or eight pairs of ___________.
15. Lefty Todd was the eccentric leader of the New Independent ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. James first met Hugo at a ___________ where James went to earn some extra cash.
2. While David is a religious zealot, there is no concept he hates more than _____________.
3. James feels ___________ is a bright, sensual person who is warm-hearted and who would help anyone she could.
4. Onto what does James throw Anna in order to keep the conversation from being too boring?
5. Where do the men decide to head out for a brief dip in the water?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)