|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dave believes the house will not stand the two of them who are _______________________.
(a) Neurotic messes.
(b) Cultured snobs.
(c) Lazy fools.
(d) Shameless fools.
2. Dave thinks that James' problem is that he is an incorrigible ______________.
(c) Lazy bum.
3. What kind of flowers had James picked out to give to Anna?
4. What is the name of the aide who tells James that they have been kicked out of their current living arrangements?
5. What is the profession of James, the main character of this story's events?
6. Anna lets James know she has had an ____________ that she doesn't like, but can not turn down.
7. What does James focus on across the room after waking up from his nap?
8. ___________ was giving James huge hints and although he did not understand what was to come next, he knew he had to fix problems in the meantime.
9. What is the profession of Magdalen's soon-to-be husband, Sammy Starfield?
10. Where does James go after learning about his bets with Sammy Starfield?
11. Sadie wants James to move into her house a bit earlier to protect her from her boss, _____________.
12. Anna suggests that James talk to __________ about staying at their flat as they are going to be going to the States for a while.
(b) Mrs. Tinckham.
13. Onto what does James throw Anna in order to keep the conversation from being too boring?
14. What does James take off in order to make a motion to fight the person he finds in the house?
15. James realizes that he hates ____________ though he fears intimacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sheer improbability of __________ being in love with Sadie was very high, according to James.
2. Dave believes that if James would just get a __________, then all of his angst would go away.
3. Where does Anna want James to meet up with her, as she states in a letter to him?
4. What is NOT one of the artists that Hugo collected the art of within his living area?
5. Where does Lefty first have to make a stop after the men all decide to leave the pub?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)