|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name is listed inside of the book that James is surprised that Sadie would have?
2. James decided he needed to return to ____________ in order to retrieve the book he had left there.
3. James and Lefty decide to buy four bottles of ______________ and to head out to continue their talks.
4. What does James decide to do in order to go through Anna's things?
(a) Searches the building.
(b) Grabs a box and wanders off.
(c) Jumps into the truck bed.
(d) Asks for Hugo's help.
5. James simply needs to write a ________________ that will reach more people than a novel would.
(c) Newspaper article.
6. James can not leave until he sends a letter to ____________, telling the recipient how he feels.
7. James begins to question why he didn't come _____________ than he did.
(a) With a better speech.
(b) To the theater with more flowers.
8. ___________, it is agreed, has the ability to help the Socialist party with his writing.
9. What does James tuck himself into in order to fall asleep in the room where Anna is working?
(a) A robe.
(b) Sleeping bag.
(c) His sweater.
(d) Bearskin rug.
10. James is not sure that taking on the role of Sadie's ____________ is such a good idea.
(d) Personal assistant.
11. Dave adds an armful of ___________ to the bouquet to help make it even more magical.
12. Lefty Todd was the eccentric leader of the New Independent ______________.
13. Who does Anna have a singing act with, as James fondly recalls?
14. Where does James go after learning about his bets with Sammy Starfield?
15. Hugo and James were eventually asked to leave the clinic for fear of ______________.
(a) Long term damage.
(c) Stilted results.
(d) Being sued.
Short Answer Questions
1. James overheard Sammy tell Sadie that the issue with ____________ was going to be up to her.
2. What did the note say that Hugo was doing when the men arrived at the house?
3. How did the men get to Hugo's address when they eventually got James from Sadie's house?
4. What does James realize was looking at him when he first opened up the door to the company?
5. While David is a religious zealot, there is no concept he hates more than _____________.
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)