|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name was mentioned in a conversation, making James stop what he was doing and listen in?
2. Magdalen tells James there is a man willing to pay him an immediately _________ pounds and then 150 pounds indefinitely.
3. James should have been kicked out of the house long ago as he hates nothing more than ______________.
(a) Cooking for Magdalen.
(b) Making small talk.
(c) Paying rent.
(d) Keeping clean.
4. What does James tell one of the guards, which eventually lets James onto the property?
(a) He is the cousin of Hugo.
(b) He is a friend.
(c) He will kill the dog.
(d) He likes movies.
5. James begins to realize that some of the words that Anna used were _________ and not hers.
(b) From his poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. James' need to share his __________ was overwhelming, so he sent a telegram to Dave and to Finn.
2. Who is the orator in the scene in which James finds himself as he is looking for Hugo?
3. What name did the men look for on the building in order to find where Hugo was staying?
4. While David is a religious zealot, there is no concept he hates more than _____________.
5. James was not insulted by the offering of Sammy, but he did need the ____________.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)