|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anna avoid as she began to answer James' questions upon his arrival?
(a) The door.
(b) His eyes.
(d) The chair.
2. What does James take off in order to make a motion to fight the person he finds in the house?
3. After eating at Mrs. Tinckham's shop, where did Mr. Mars and James decide to sleep for a while?
4. What was being tested in the clinic that James and Hugo were both involved in?
(a) Cold treatments.
(c) Electroshock therapy.
(d) Anxiety treatments.
5. What did Hugo do with the armaments factory that his parents had given to him? What did he turned it into?
(a) A library.
(b) A theater.
(c) A park.
(d) Fireworks company.
Short Answer Questions
1. A high pitched chattering sound made the men think that Hugo was having a _____________.
2. Anna tells James that the company is an amateur __________ company, though she will not say much else.
3. When the telephone rang, asking for Sadie, who did James realize was the caller on the other line?
4. What did James realize about the house when he decided to leave to find Hugo?
5. The sheer improbability of __________ being in love with Sadie was very high, according to James.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)