Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* James translates French novels into English for a living, though he is a writer.
* James is being kicked out of where he's staying.
* James goes to Mrs. Tinckman's shop and then to Dave's house.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* Dave is having a number of people over at his house when James arrives.
* Finn suggests James contact...
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)