|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yvonne think would prove healing for the consul?
2. What does Hugh try to do to the trio's dynamics during the bus ride?
3. Who does Hugh blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
4. In his internal dialogue, to what does the consul compare staying at Laruelle's home?
5. What did Yvonne dream of becoming when she was a child?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss three things that Yvonne's passion for and knowledge of astronomy symbolizes in "Under the Volcano."
Essay Topic 2
Does Yvonne die a happy or unhappy woman? Make sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three literary devices Lowry uses to convey that the novel is reaching its climax. Make sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)