Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drinks mescal at the hotel?
2. What does the consul think he sees as the bus passes a park?
3. What makes Yvonne fall (the first time) while searching for the consul in the storm?
4. What does the consul read as he continues to head up the mountain after he storms out of his hotel?
5. How could Hugh, the consul, and Yvonne's visit to Laruelle best be described?
Essay Topic 1
Given what you know about Malcolm Lowry, write an argument about how "Under the Volcano" is semi-autobiographical. Make sure to use facts from Lowry's life as well as direct evidence from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Lowry choose to have Yvonne and the consul appear to reconcile and mend their relationship at the bull fight? What message is he trying to convey about each character through this event?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Laruelle and the consul.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)