Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drinks mescal at the hotel?
2. What does the consul think he sees as the bus passes a park?
3. What makes Yvonne fall (the first time) while searching for the consul in the storm?
4. What does the consul read as he continues to head up the mountain after he storms out of his hotel?
5. How could Hugh, the consul, and Yvonne's visit to Laruelle best be described?
Which attraction is stronger in the consul: Yvonne or alcohol? (Keep in mind that there may be a difference between what the consul wants and what the consul is able to do, given his severe alcoholism.) Use direct evidence from the text to support your well-written argument.
List three ways that the story of the German soldiers' deaths and the consul's role in them impact the reader's view of the consul as a character before he actually arrives in "Under the Volcano."
Why does Lowry choose to have Yvonne and the consul appear to reconcile and mend their relationship at the bull fight? What message is he trying to convey about each character through this event?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)