Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drinks mescal at the hotel?
2. What does the consul think he sees as the bus passes a park?
3. What makes Yvonne fall (the first time) while searching for the consul in the storm?
4. What does the consul read as he continues to head up the mountain after he storms out of his hotel?
5. How could Hugh, the consul, and Yvonne's visit to Laruelle best be described?
Essay Topic 1
Present a well-argued essay discussing why -- or why not -- Lowry's choice to write "Under the Volcano" through various points of view (e.g., the consul's and then Laruelle's) results in a positive experience for the reader. Use direct evidence from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Does Yvonne die a happy or unhappy woman? Make sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
What ultimately kills the consul? Make sure to use direct, specific evidence from the text to support your strongly written thesis.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)