Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drinks mescal at the hotel?
2. What does the consul think he sees as the bus passes a park?
3. What makes Yvonne fall (the first time) while searching for the consul in the storm?
4. What does the consul read as he continues to head up the mountain after he storms out of his hotel?
5. How could Hugh, the consul, and Yvonne's visit to Laruelle best be described?
Given what you know about Malcolm Lowry, write an argument about how "Under the Volcano" is semi-autobiographical. Make sure to use facts from Lowry's life as well as direct evidence from the text to support your position.
Compare and contrast the characters of Laruelle and the consul.
What ultimately kills the consul? Make sure to use direct, specific evidence from the text to support your strongly written thesis.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)