|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hugh and Yvonne find of the consul's to indicate they are on the right path while looking for him?
(a) One of his shoes.
(b) An empty bottle of his favorite beer.
(c) A receipt.
(d) His glasses.
2. Where does the bus stop for a bathroom break?
(a) The wilderness.
(b) A rest stop.
(c) A shopping mall.
(d) A McDonald's.
3. What geographical item does Yvonne admire in the distance after the bus ride?
(a) A forest fire that is providing a glow in the night sky.
(c) A large city and its large buildings.
(d) A thunderstorm.
4. Why do Yvonne and Hugh make fun of the waitress at the hotel?
(a) Because she has poor English.
(b) Because she keeps spilling everything.
(c) Because she is a bad waitress.
(d) Because she is laughing at really bad jokes.
5. What kinds of people are on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
(a) Only soldiers and their families.
(b) All kinds.
(c) Only rich people.
(d) Only poor people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who jumps into the arena during the bullfight?
2. Who does Yvonne think is to blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
3. As the storm approaches, what does Yvonne claim she would rather do than find her estranged husband?
4. What kind of music do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul listen to during dinner?
5. What does Yvonne tell the consul her hopes for them for the future are?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the consul ultimately die?
2. What does Yvonne experience as she falls/dying?
3. Why does no one offer to help the man who gets on the bus who has clearly been mugged?
4. What is the real reason why the consul wants to stay at Laruelle's house even though Yvonne wants to leave?
5. As he reflects on his life at the hotel, what does the consul think about his happiness?
6. How do Hugh and Yvonne pass the afternoon at the hotel with the consul?
7. What causes Yvonne and the consul to feel happy and in love again during the bull fight?
8. What does the consul's desire for the sun not to set foreshadow?
9. What does Laruelle point out to the consul about why his lack of excitement about Yvonne's return is ironic?
10. In his drunken rage at the hotel restaurant, what does the consul claim about people being involved in his life?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)