|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the police start following the consul?
(a) After he leaves the hotel.
(b) After he leaves the brothel.
(c) After he leaves the restaurant.
(d) After he gets off the bus.
2. Where do the police begin to take the consul?
(a) A castle where they torture people.
(c) A ship where he will be sent to another country.
(d) The courthouse.
3. What kinds of people are on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
(a) All kinds.
(b) Only soldiers and their families.
(c) Only rich people.
(d) Only poor people.
4. What larger charge do the police accuse the consul?
(a) Armed robbery.
(b) Being a known criminal.
5. What does Hugh buy as he and Yvonne are searching for the consul?
(a) A guitar.
(b) An armadillo for Yvonne.
(c) A shotglass for the consul.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yvonne keep herself busy during the bull fight?
2. Why does Laruelle leave the consul alone in his own home?
3. What does Hugh observe Yvonne and the consul doing on the bus?
4. How does the consul leave the hotel restaurant?
5. In his internal dialogue, to what does the consul compare staying at Laruelle's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the consul respond to the children who beg him for money after he leaves a cantina?
2. What does Yvonne see the bull as a symbol of?
3. Why dues Hugh jump into the arena to try to ride the bull?
4. Why does the consul fail to understand why Yvonne and Hugh get so upset during dinner?
5. What do Laruelle and Hugh have in common from their childhoods?
6. What is the real reason why the consul wants to stay at Laruelle's house even though Yvonne wants to leave?
7. How does Yvonne ultimately die?
8. What does Laruelle point out to the consul about why his lack of excitement about Yvonne's return is ironic?
9. What causes Yvonne and the consul to feel happy and in love again during the bull fight?
10. How does the consul ultimately die?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)