|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of person do the police accuse the consul of being?
(a) A woman in disguise.
(b) A fake priest.
(c) A spy for the Spanish government.
(d) A communist.
2. Where does the storm come from?
(a) Seemingly out of the sea.
(b) Out of nowhere; it literally just appears, to everyone's confusion.
(c) Seemingly out of the volcano.
(d) Over the mountains.
3. Which member of the visiting trio stays behind at Laruelle's home?
(b) The consul.
(c) All of these answers is correct.
4. What does Hugh try to do to the trio's dynamics during the bus ride?
(a) Help people understand the seriousness of their situation.
(b) Cause problems because he is secretly in love with Yvonne.
(c) Relieve the tension.
(d) Pray for focus.
5. Where does Yvonne first spy the consul after he fled the hotel restaurant?
(a) Being carried off by the police.
(b) On a bus.
(c) On the very peak of the mountain.
(d) In the distance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the bull fight so unentertaining?
2. What is mescal?
3. Where do Hugh, Yvonne, and the consul plan to travel by bus?
4. What does the consul continue to do as he heads up the mountain?
5. What do the police kick on top of the consul's dead body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the movie posters Yvonne sees during her bus ride significant?
2. How does the increasingly unfavorable weather influence Yvonne's feeling of foreboding?
3. What causes Yvonne and the consul to feel happy and in love again during the bull fight?
4. How does the consul ultimately die?
5. Why do the police accuse the consul of being a communist?
6. What does Laruelle point out to the consul about why his lack of excitement about Yvonne's return is ironic?
7. Why does the consul fail to understand why Yvonne and Hugh get so upset during dinner?
8. As he reflects on his life at the hotel, what does the consul think about his happiness?
9. Why is Yvonne really in such a hurry to leave Laruelle's home?
10. What do Laruelle and Hugh have in common from their childhoods?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)