|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drinks mescal at the hotel?
(a) No one -- it is too expensive.
(b) The consul.
2. What does the consul think he sees as the bus passes a park?
(a) The devil.
(b) His father.
(c) An angel.
(d) His mother.
3. What makes Yvonne fall (the first time) while searching for the consul in the storm?
(a) A broken ankle.
(b) Slippery rocks.
(c) A rat she steps on.
(d) A trap he set for her.
4. What does the consul read as he continues to head up the mountain after he storms out of his hotel?
(a) A book of poetry he wrote as a kid.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) A letter from Yvonne.
(d) The letter he got that informs him he's been fired.
5. How could Hugh, the consul, and Yvonne's visit to Laruelle best be described?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the storm come from?
2. How does the consul leave the hotel restaurant?
3. What do the police kick on top of the consul's dead body?
4. Where does the consul plan to meet Hugh and Yvonne after all three have been at Laruelle's house?
5. What does the consul continue to do as he heads up the mountain?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)