|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yvonne feel about attending the bull fight?
(a) She just wants to go shopping instead.
(b) She doesn't want to.
(c) She is excited about it.
(d) She has already bet against the bull and can't wait for the fight.
2. Why do Yvonne and Hugh become upset during dinner?
(a) Because of some unruly patrons at the next table.
(b) Because the waitress keeps messing up their food.
(c) Because the consul is drinking again.
(d) Because the consul refuses to speak in English anymore.
3. What do Hugh and Yvonne find of the consul's to indicate they are on the right path while looking for him?
(a) An empty bottle of his favorite beer.
(b) A receipt.
(c) His glasses.
(d) One of his shoes.
4. Where do the police begin to take the consul?
(b) A castle where they torture people.
(c) A ship where he will be sent to another country.
(d) The courthouse.
5. Where do Hugh and Yvonne keep checking for the consul?
(d) Police stations.
Short Answer Questions
1. As she and Hugh are chasing the consul, what does she point out always upsets the consul?
2. How could Hugh, the consul, and Yvonne's visit to Laruelle best be described?
3. How does the consul leave the hotel restaurant?
4. What kind of music do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul listen to during dinner?
5. Who gets on the bus when it stops for a bathroom break?
Short Essay Questions
1. As he reflects on his life at the hotel, what does the consul think about his happiness?
2. How does the increasingly unfavorable weather influence Yvonne's feeling of foreboding?
3. What does Yvonne see the bull as a symbol of?
4. Why do the police accuse the consul of being a communist?
5. Why are the movie posters Yvonne sees during her bus ride significant?
6. How do Hugh and Yvonne pass the afternoon at the hotel with the consul?
7. What does Laruelle point out to the consul about why his lack of excitement about Yvonne's return is ironic?
8. How does the consul ultimately die?
9. How does the consul respond to the children who beg him for money after he leaves a cantina?
10. Why does the consul want the sun to stand still after the bus ride he takes with Yvonne and Hugh?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)