|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the visiting trio stays behind at Laruelle's home?
(b) The consul.
(c) All of these answers is correct.
2. How does Hugh react to Yvonne's request to leave Laruelle's home?
(a) He wants to accompany her out.
(b) He wants to stay.
(c) He slaps her in an attempt to establish his authority.
(d) He ignores her requests.
3. Why does Laruelle leave the consul alone in his own home?
(a) Because he goes to take a shower.
(b) Because he has given up on him.
(c) Because he doesn't want him driving home.
(d) Because he is trying to catch him stealing things.
4. What insult does Laruelle unintentionally inflict upon Hugh?
(a) He thinks he is much younger than he really is.
(b) He thinks he is much older than he really is.
(c) He thinks he is a woman.
(d) He calls him by the wrong name.
5. What does Hugh try to do to the trio's dynamics during the bus ride?
(a) Cause problems because he is secretly in love with Yvonne.
(b) Relieve the tension.
(c) Help people understand the seriousness of their situation.
(d) Pray for focus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the bus stop for a bathroom break?
2. What small charge do the police accuse the consul of?
3. Who does Hugh blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
4. Where do the police start following the consul?
5. What does Yvonne tell the consul her hopes for them for the future are?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the consul respond to the children who beg him for money after he leaves a cantina?
2. As the consul is having sex with the whore, what are the voices in his head telling him?
3. How does the increasingly unfavorable weather influence Yvonne's feeling of foreboding?
4. Why are the movie posters Yvonne sees during her bus ride significant?
5. Why is Yvonne really in such a hurry to leave Laruelle's home?
6. Why does no one offer to help the man who gets on the bus who has clearly been mugged?
7. What does Yvonne experience as she falls/dying?
8. What does the consul's desire for the sun not to set foreshadow?
9. In his drunken rage at the hotel restaurant, what does the consul claim about people being involved in his life?
10. How do Hugh and Yvonne pass the afternoon at the hotel with the consul?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)