|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police kick on top of the consul's dead body?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) Some dirt to cover their crime.
(c) His wallet.
(d) An empty tequila bottle.
2. What prompts Yvonne to start thinking of her own childhood?
(a) A familiar melody she hears on the wind.
(b) The heat.
(c) A picture she finds in her wallet.
(d) A small little girl she sees.
3. What does the widow lady predict for the consul and Yvonne?
(a) That they will become very rich.
(b) That they will die that night.
(c) That they will be happy together in the future.
(d) That they will have twins very soon.
4. Who gets on the bus when it stops for a bathroom break?
(a) Someone who then takes the bus hostage.
(b) A man who has obviously been mugged.
(c) The local mayor.
(d) A famous musician.
5. As she and Hugh are chasing the consul, what does she point out always upsets the consul?
(a) Bad waitresses.
(d) Her perfume.
Short Answer Questions
1. What small charge do the police accuse the consul of?
2. What does Yvonne notice during the bus ride with the consul and Hugh?
3. What insult does Laruelle unintentionally inflict upon Hugh?
4. Who does Hugh blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
5. Where do Yvonne and Hugh chase the consul after dinner at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the increasingly unfavorable weather influence Yvonne's feeling of foreboding?
2. As the consul is having sex with the whore, what are the voices in his head telling him?
3. What does the consul's desire for the sun not to set foreshadow?
4. Why does no one offer to help the man who gets on the bus who has clearly been mugged?
5. As he reflects on his life at the hotel, what does the consul think about his happiness?
6. What does Yvonne see the bull as a symbol of?
7. Why are the movie posters Yvonne sees during her bus ride significant?
8. Why is Yvonne really in such a hurry to leave Laruelle's home?
9. What causes Yvonne and the consul to feel happy and in love again during the bull fight?
10. What does Laruelle point out to the consul about why his lack of excitement about Yvonne's return is ironic?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)