|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the bus stop for a bathroom break?
(a) A rest stop.
(b) A shopping mall.
(c) A McDonald's.
(d) The wilderness.
2. Who drinks mescal at the hotel?
(b) No one -- it is too expensive.
(c) The consul.
3. Who does Hugh blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
(c) The bad waitress.
(d) The consul.
4. What does the consul imagine seeing while he listens to Hugh and Yvonne at the hotel?
(c) People from his past.
(d) Famous people.
5. Who does Yvonne think is to blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
(a) The waitress.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Not the consul.
(d) Not Hugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is mescal?
2. How could Hugh, the consul, and Yvonne's visit to Laruelle best be described?
3. How many drinks does the consul have during dinner at the hotel?
4. Where do the police start following the consul?
5. Where does Yvonne first spy the consul after he fled the hotel restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yvonne imagine has burned down as she sees the storm approaching?
2. What does Laruelle point out to the consul about why his lack of excitement about Yvonne's return is ironic?
3. What does Yvonne experience as she falls/dying?
4. What about Yvonne's letter depresses the consul as he is heading up the mountain?
5. How does Yvonne ultimately die?
6. As he reflects on his life at the hotel, what does the consul think about his happiness?
7. Why dues Hugh jump into the arena to try to ride the bull?
8. What do Laruelle and Hugh have in common from their childhoods?
9. Why is Yvonne really in such a hurry to leave Laruelle's home?
10. Why do the police accuse the consul of being a communist?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)