|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the consul have sex with on his way up the mountain?
(b) A whore.
(c) No one -- this is a trick question.
(d) An old girlfriend.
2. What kind of atmosphere does the bus have?
(d) Very serious.
3. Where does the bus stop for a bathroom break?
(a) A rest stop.
(b) A McDonald's.
(c) A shopping mall.
(d) The wilderness.
4. Which member of the visiting trio stays behind at Laruelle's home?
(b) All of these answers is correct.
(c) The consul.
5. What small charge do the police accuse the consul of?
(a) Stealing a horse.
(c) Trying to bribe them.
(d) Tricking the local government into giving him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his internal dialogue, to what does the consul compare staying at Laruelle's home?
2. As she and Hugh are chasing the consul, what does she point out always upsets the consul?
3. What does Yvonne notice during the bus ride with the consul and Hugh?
4. Where do the police begin to take the consul?
5. What kind of person do the police accuse the consul of being?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laruelle point out to the consul about why his lack of excitement about Yvonne's return is ironic?
2. Why does the consul fail to understand why Yvonne and Hugh get so upset during dinner?
3. What does Yvonne imagine has burned down as she sees the storm approaching?
4. What does Yvonne experience as she falls/dying?
5. What about Yvonne's letter depresses the consul as he is heading up the mountain?
6. What does Yvonne see the bull as a symbol of?
7. How does the consul ultimately die?
8. Why does no one offer to help the man who gets on the bus who has clearly been mugged?
9. As he reflects on his life at the hotel, what does the consul think about his happiness?
10. How does Yvonne ultimately die?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)