|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the consul read as he continues to head up the mountain after he storms out of his hotel?
(a) A letter from Yvonne.
(b) The letter he got that informs him he's been fired.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) A book of poetry he wrote as a kid.
2. What does the consul continue to do as he heads up the mountain?
3. What does Hugh buy as he and Yvonne are searching for the consul?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A necklace.
(c) An armadillo for Yvonne.
(d) A shotglass for the consul.
4. What do the police demand from the consul when they confront him?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) More money for his drinks.
(c) Both of these answers are correct.
(d) More money for his time with the whore.
5. What does Yvonne do when she gets to the hotel with Hugh and the consul?
(a) Orders room service.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Goes swimming.
(d) Takes a shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What final reason does Yvonne give about why she wants to leave Laruelle's home?
2. What does Laruelle comment on in regard to the consul's behavior?
3. What prompts Yvonne to start thinking of her own childhood?
4. Where does the consul plan to meet Hugh and Yvonne after all three have been at Laruelle's house?
5. Who does the consul have sex with on his way up the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the real reason why the consul wants to stay at Laruelle's house even though Yvonne wants to leave?
2. What does Yvonne experience as she falls/dying?
3. Why are the movie posters Yvonne sees during her bus ride significant?
4. What about Yvonne's letter depresses the consul as he is heading up the mountain?
5. How does the increasingly unfavorable weather influence Yvonne's feeling of foreboding?
6. What does Laruelle point out to the consul about why his lack of excitement about Yvonne's return is ironic?
7. As the consul is having sex with the whore, what are the voices in his head telling him?
8. What causes Yvonne and the consul to feel happy and in love again during the bull fight?
9. What do Laruelle and Hugh have in common from their childhoods?
10. Why does the consul fail to understand why Yvonne and Hugh get so upset during dinner?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)