|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugh observe Yvonne and the consul doing on the bus?
(a) Poisoning each other's drinks.
(b) Holding hands.
(c) Selling drugs.
2. Who gets on the bus when it stops for a bathroom break?
(a) Someone who then takes the bus hostage.
(b) A famous musician.
(c) A man who has obviously been mugged.
(d) The local mayor.
3. What kind of person do the police accuse the consul of being?
(a) A woman in disguise.
(b) A spy for the Spanish government.
(c) A fake priest.
(d) A communist.
4. Who does Yvonne notice seems to enjoy the bull fight the most?
(a) The drunkest of onlookers.
(b) The oldest of men.
(c) The young boys.
(d) The children.
5. Where does the consul plan to meet Hugh and Yvonne after all three have been at Laruelle's house?
(a) A local cantina.
(b) The waterfall.
(c) The bus station.
(d) The courthouse.
6. What does the consul continue to do as he heads up the mountain?
7. Why do Yvonne and Hugh make fun of the waitress at the hotel?
(a) Because she has poor English.
(b) Because she is laughing at really bad jokes.
(c) Because she is a bad waitress.
(d) Because she keeps spilling everything.
8. What do Hugh and Yvonne find of the consul's to indicate they are on the right path while looking for him?
(a) An empty bottle of his favorite beer.
(b) His glasses.
(c) One of his shoes.
(d) A receipt.
9. What geographical item does Yvonne admire in the distance after the bus ride?
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) A forest fire that is providing a glow in the night sky.
(d) A large city and its large buildings.
10. What makes the bull fight so unentertaining?
(a) The bull refuses to fight.
(b) The bull has clearly been drugged.
(c) It is over in fewer than 30 seconds.
(d) There is no music.
11. Who does Hugh blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
(c) The consul.
(d) The bad waitress.
12. Where does the storm come from?
(a) Seemingly out of the volcano.
(b) Over the mountains.
(c) Seemingly out of the sea.
(d) Out of nowhere; it literally just appears, to everyone's confusion.
13. Which member of the visiting trio stays behind at Laruelle's home?
(a) The consul.
(c) All of these answers is correct.
14. Why does the visitor arrive at Laruelle's house?
(a) Because he wants to check on the consul.
(b) Because he had to drop off some medicine.
(c) Because he had a doctor's appointment.
(d) Because they have a card game every Wednesday night.
15. As she and Hugh are chasing the consul, what does she point out always upsets the consul?
(a) Bad waitresses.
(d) Her perfume.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yvonne do when she gets to the hotel with Hugh and the consul?
2. Who does Yvonne think is to blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
3. What small charge do the police accuse the consul of?
4. How has the consul reacted to Yvonne's childhood dreams?
5. How does Yvonne feel about attending the bull fight?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)