|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugh buy as he and Yvonne are searching for the consul?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A necklace.
(c) An armadillo for Yvonne.
(d) A shotglass for the consul.
2. What does Lowry describe the train (that the bus passes) as doing during its rest in the landscape?
3. What did Yvonne dream of becoming when she was a child?
(a) A Hollywood actress.
(b) A model.
(c) A famous singer.
(d) A fashion designer.
4. What do the police kick on top of the consul's dead body?
(a) An empty tequila bottle.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) Some dirt to cover their crime.
(d) His wallet.
5. What small charge do the police accuse the consul of?
(a) Trying to bribe them.
(b) Tricking the local government into giving him money.
(c) Stealing a horse.
6. What do the police demand from the consul when they confront him?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) More money for his drinks.
(c) Both of these answers are correct.
(d) More money for his time with the whore.
7. Why does Laruelle leave the consul alone in his own home?
(a) Because he is trying to catch him stealing things.
(b) Because he doesn't want him driving home.
(c) Because he goes to take a shower.
(d) Because he has given up on him.
8. What prompts Yvonne to start thinking of her own childhood?
(a) A small little girl she sees.
(b) A picture she finds in her wallet.
(c) A familiar melody she hears on the wind.
(d) The heat.
9. What does Hugh try to do to the trio's dynamics during the bus ride?
(a) Pray for focus.
(b) Cause problems because he is secretly in love with Yvonne.
(c) Relieve the tension.
(d) Help people understand the seriousness of their situation.
10. What does Yvonne not want to see at the bull fight?
(a) Poor children.
(b) Her old boyfriend.
(c) Fried food.
11. Where does the bus stop for a bathroom break?
(a) A McDonald's.
(b) A rest stop.
(c) A shopping mall.
(d) The wilderness.
12. What does Laruelle comment on in regard to the consul's behavior?
(a) His lack of involvement in the town's messy politics.
(b) He fine and beautiful clothes.
(c) His amazing wealth.
(d) His lack of excitement about Yvonne's return.
13. How does Yvonne feel about attending the bull fight?
(a) She has already bet against the bull and can't wait for the fight.
(b) She doesn't want to.
(c) She just wants to go shopping instead.
(d) She is excited about it.
14. Where does the consul plan to meet Hugh and Yvonne after all three have been at Laruelle's house?
(a) A local cantina.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) The waterfall.
(d) The bus station.
15. Who does Yvonne think is to blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
(a) Not Hugh.
(b) The waitress.
(c) Not the consul.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is mescal?
2. Who does the consul claim had the right to die?
3. What kinds of people are on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
4. Where do the animals ride on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
5. What does Yvonne notice during the bus ride with the consul and Hugh?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)