|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the consul give about why they should not leave Laruelle's home so soon after they arrived (as Yvonne proposes)?
(a) Because he hasn't had time to present them with gifts.
(b) Because he hasn't said his hellos.
(c) Because the food is just too delicious to leave uneaten.
(d) Because he says it would be rude.
2. Why does Laruelle leave the consul alone in his own home?
(a) Because he goes to take a shower.
(b) Because he has given up on him.
(c) Because he doesn't want him driving home.
(d) Because he is trying to catch him stealing things.
3. Where do the police begin to take the consul?
(a) A ship where he will be sent to another country.
(c) A castle where they torture people.
(d) The courthouse.
4. Where do the animals ride on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
(a) No animals are allowed anywhere on this bus.
(b) Both inside and outside.
5. Who jumps into the arena during the bullfight?
(d) The consul.
6. What makes the bull fight so unentertaining?
(a) The bull refuses to fight.
(b) It is over in fewer than 30 seconds.
(c) The bull has clearly been drugged.
(d) There is no music.
7. How many drinks does the consul have during dinner at the hotel?
(d) Just one little sip.
8. Which member of the visiting trio stays behind at Laruelle's home?
(c) The consul.
(d) All of these answers is correct.
9. What larger charge do the police accuse the consul?
(a) Armed robbery.
(d) Being a known criminal.
10. What does Yvonne think would prove healing for the consul?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(c) Privacy and quiet.
11. Who does the consul have sex with on his way up the mountain?
(a) No one -- this is a trick question.
(b) An old girlfriend.
(d) A whore.
12. What does Yvonne tell the consul her hopes for them for the future are?
(a) To relocate to Hawaii.
(b) To move away to Canada.
(c) To get remarried and try for children in Mexico.
(d) To sail off somewhere in a ship -- she doesn't care where.
13. What geographical item does Yvonne admire in the distance after the bus ride?
(a) A large city and its large buildings.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(d) A forest fire that is providing a glow in the night sky.
14. Where do the police start following the consul?
(a) After he leaves the brothel.
(b) After he leaves the restaurant.
(c) After he leaves the hotel.
(d) After he gets off the bus.
15. What prompts Yvonne to start thinking of her own childhood?
(a) A picture she finds in her wallet.
(b) The heat.
(c) A familiar melody she hears on the wind.
(d) A small little girl she sees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yvonne notice during the bus ride with the consul and Hugh?
2. What kind of music do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul listen to during dinner?
3. What kind of person do the police accuse the consul of being?
4. What does Hugh do when he gets to the hotel with Yvonne and the consul?
5. Why do Yvonne and Hugh become upset during dinner?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)