|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many drinks does the consul have during dinner at the hotel?
(b) Just one little sip.
2. What does the consul think he sees as the bus passes a park?
(a) His father.
(b) An angel.
(c) His mother.
(d) The devil.
3. Where do the animals ride on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
(c) No animals are allowed anywhere on this bus.
(d) Both inside and outside.
4. How does the consul leave the hotel restaurant?
(a) He passes out and has to be carried out.
(b) He makes a scene and storms out.
(c) He leaves in handcuffs when the police come to get him.
(d) He sneaks out the bathroom window in order to avoid paying his bill.
5. Why do Yvonne and Hugh make fun of the waitress at the hotel?
(a) Because she is laughing at really bad jokes.
(b) Because she is a bad waitress.
(c) Because she has poor English.
(d) Because she keeps spilling everything.
6. What do Hugh and Yvonne find of the consul's to indicate they are on the right path while looking for him?
(a) One of his shoes.
(b) An empty bottle of his favorite beer.
(c) A receipt.
(d) His glasses.
7. Which member of the visiting trio stays behind at Laruelle's home?
(c) All of these answers is correct.
(d) The consul.
8. What geographical item does Yvonne admire in the distance after the bus ride?
(a) A large city and its large buildings.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A forest fire that is providing a glow in the night sky.
9. What kind of person do the police accuse the consul of being?
(a) A spy for the Spanish government.
(b) A fake priest.
(c) A communist.
(d) A woman in disguise.
10. What kind of feeling does Yvonne have while searching for the consul in the storm?
(a) One of great luck.
(b) One of peace and calm.
(c) One of foreboding.
(d) One of extreme joy.
11. What does Hugh do when he gets to the hotel with Yvonne and the consul?
(a) Takes a nap.
(b) Orders room service.
(c) Takes a shower.
(d) Goes swimming.
12. What does the consul think about Yvonne as he storms out of the hotel restaurant?
(a) That things are finally looking up with them.
(b) That he doesn't love her anymore.
(c) That she has cheated on him with Hugh.
(d) That she is lost from him forever.
13. What kinds of people are on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
(a) All kinds.
(b) Only poor people.
(c) Only soldiers and their families.
(d) Only rich people.
14. What larger charge do the police accuse the consul?
(b) Armed robbery.
(d) Being a known criminal.
15. What prompts Yvonne to start thinking of her own childhood?
(a) A picture she finds in her wallet.
(b) A small little girl she sees.
(c) A familiar melody she hears on the wind.
(d) The heat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul argue about over dinner at the hotel?
2. What makes Yvonne fall (the first time) while searching for the consul in the storm?
3. How could Hugh, the consul, and Yvonne's visit to Laruelle best be described?
4. Who jumps into the arena during the bullfight?
5. What do the police kick on top of the consul's dead body?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)