|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yvonne dream of becoming when she was a child?
(a) A model.
(b) A famous singer.
(c) A Hollywood actress.
(d) A fashion designer.
2. Where does the storm come from?
(a) Over the mountains.
(b) Out of nowhere; it literally just appears, to everyone's confusion.
(c) Seemingly out of the volcano.
(d) Seemingly out of the sea.
3. What kind of person do the police accuse the consul of being?
(a) A spy for the Spanish government.
(b) A fake priest.
(c) A woman in disguise.
(d) A communist.
4. What does Yvonne do when she gets to the hotel with Hugh and the consul?
(a) Orders room service.
(b) Goes swimming.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Takes a shower.
5. Which member of the visiting trio stays behind at Laruelle's home?
(c) The consul.
(d) All of these answers is correct.
6. Who does the consul claim had the right to die?
(d) The man they observed on the bus.
7. What do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul argue about over dinner at the hotel?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Local politics and world affairs.
(d) The existence of God.
8. How many drinks does the consul have during dinner at the hotel?
(b) Just one little sip.
9. What larger charge do the police accuse the consul?
(b) Armed robbery.
(c) Being a known criminal.
10. Where do Hugh and Yvonne keep checking for the consul?
(b) Police stations.
11. Where do the animals ride on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
(a) Both inside and outside.
(d) No animals are allowed anywhere on this bus.
12. What does the consul read as he continues to head up the mountain after he storms out of his hotel?
(a) The letter he got that informs him he's been fired.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) A letter from Yvonne.
(d) A book of poetry he wrote as a kid.
13. How does the consul leave the hotel restaurant?
(a) He sneaks out the bathroom window in order to avoid paying his bill.
(b) He makes a scene and storms out.
(c) He passes out and has to be carried out.
(d) He leaves in handcuffs when the police come to get him.
14. How does Yvonne keep herself busy during the bull fight?
(a) She powders her nose.
(b) She works on her stitching.
(c) She pretends to fall and need to go to the doctor.
(d) She pretends to be fixing her dress.
15. What does the consul continue to do as he heads up the mountain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the consul think about Yvonne as he storms out of the hotel restaurant?
2. What does Yvonne tell the consul her hopes for them for the future are?
3. What kind of atmosphere does the bus have?
4. How could Hugh, the consul, and Yvonne's visit to Laruelle best be described?
5. Who jumps into the arena during the bullfight?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)