|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is mescal?
(a) A juice made from a cactus flower.
(b) A water with apparent mystical qualities.
(c) A local alcoholic beverage.
(d) A drink that is supposed to give you a lot of energy.
2. What kinds of people are on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
(a) All kinds.
(b) Only soldiers and their families.
(c) Only rich people.
(d) Only poor people.
3. What does Yvonne notice during the bus ride with the consul and Hugh?
(a) Movie posters.
(b) How handsome the consul is.
(c) All of the cute children.
(d) All the handsome men without girlfriends.
4. What Biblical allusion does the consul use after the trio's bus ride?
(a) The story of Joshua.
(b) The birth of Jesus.
(c) The story of Job.
(d) The story of the plagues.
5. What does Yvonne not want to see at the bull fight?
(a) Fried food.
(b) Poor children.
(c) Her old boyfriend.
6. Where does the storm come from?
(a) Seemingly out of the volcano.
(b) Seemingly out of the sea.
(c) Out of nowhere; it literally just appears, to everyone's confusion.
(d) Over the mountains.
7. Where does the consul plan to meet Hugh and Yvonne after all three have been at Laruelle's house?
(a) The bus station.
(b) The waterfall.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) A local cantina.
8. What reason does the consul give about why they should not leave Laruelle's home so soon after they arrived (as Yvonne proposes)?
(a) Because he hasn't had time to present them with gifts.
(b) Because he hasn't said his hellos.
(c) Because he says it would be rude.
(d) Because the food is just too delicious to leave uneaten.
9. Who does Yvonne notice seems to enjoy the bull fight the most?
(a) The drunkest of onlookers.
(b) The young boys.
(c) The children.
(d) The oldest of men.
10. Who jumps into the arena during the bullfight?
(d) The consul.
11. How does Yvonne feel about attending the bull fight?
(a) She just wants to go shopping instead.
(b) She doesn't want to.
(c) She is excited about it.
(d) She has already bet against the bull and can't wait for the fight.
12. What did Yvonne dream of becoming when she was a child?
(a) A model.
(b) A fashion designer.
(c) A famous singer.
(d) A Hollywood actress.
13. How does the consul leave the hotel restaurant?
(a) He leaves in handcuffs when the police come to get him.
(b) He passes out and has to be carried out.
(c) He makes a scene and storms out.
(d) He sneaks out the bathroom window in order to avoid paying his bill.
14. Why do Yvonne and Hugh become upset during dinner?
(a) Because of some unruly patrons at the next table.
(b) Because the consul refuses to speak in English anymore.
(c) Because the consul is drinking again.
(d) Because the waitress keeps messing up their food.
15. Why does the visitor arrive at Laruelle's house?
(a) Because he had to drop off some medicine.
(b) Because he had a doctor's appointment.
(c) Because they have a card game every Wednesday night.
(d) Because he wants to check on the consul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person do the police accuse the consul of being?
2. How many drinks does the consul have during dinner at the hotel?
3. What do the police kick on top of the consul's dead body?
4. What does Hugh try to do to the trio's dynamics during the bus ride?
5. Where do Yvonne and Hugh chase the consul after dinner at the hotel?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)