Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yvonne feel about attending the bull fight?
(a) She has already bet against the bull and can't wait for the fight.
(b) She just wants to go shopping instead.
(c) She is excited about it.
(d) She doesn't want to.
2. What does Hugh buy as he and Yvonne are searching for the consul?
(a) A shotglass for the consul.
(b) An armadillo for Yvonne.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A guitar.
3. Where do the animals ride on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
(a) Both inside and outside.
(c) No animals are allowed anywhere on this bus.
4. What kind of atmosphere does the bus have?
(c) Very serious.
5. Who does Yvonne think is to blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
(a) The waitress.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Not the consul.
(d) Not Hugh.
6. What final reason does Yvonne give about why she wants to leave Laruelle's home?
(a) Because she wants to see the Day of the Dead festivities.
(b) Because she is not feeling very well.
(c) Because she has had a vision and needs to see her son immediately.
(d) Because her mother is calling her on her cell phone.
7. What larger charge do the police accuse the consul?
(a) Being a known criminal.
(d) Armed robbery.
8. Why does Laruelle leave the consul alone in his own home?
(a) Because he is trying to catch him stealing things.
(b) Because he has given up on him.
(c) Because he goes to take a shower.
(d) Because he doesn't want him driving home.
9. How has the consul reacted to Yvonne's childhood dreams?
(a) He says he supports her but then sabotages all her efforts behind her back.
(b) He refuses to hear about them.
(c) He supports them.
(d) He uses his connections to help her.
10. What kinds of people are on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
(a) Only poor people.
(b) Only soldiers and their families.
(c) All kinds.
(d) Only rich people.
11. What do the police kick on top of the consul's dead body?
(a) An empty tequila bottle.
(b) His wallet.
(c) Some dirt to cover their crime.
(d) A dead dog.
12. Where do Hugh and Yvonne keep checking for the consul?
(b) Police stations.
13. Where do Yvonne and Hugh chase the consul after dinner at the hotel?
(a) Into the river he jumps into.
(b) Into the volcano.
(c) Down the winding streets of Mexico City.
(d) Up the volcano.
14. Where does the storm come from?
(a) Seemingly out of the volcano.
(b) Seemingly out of the sea.
(c) Out of nowhere; it literally just appears, to everyone's confusion.
(d) Over the mountains.
15. Where does the consul plan to meet Hugh and Yvonne after all three have been at Laruelle's house?
(a) The bus station.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) A local cantina.
(d) The waterfall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insult does Laruelle unintentionally inflict upon Hugh?
2. What reason does the consul give about why they should not leave Laruelle's home so soon after they arrived (as Yvonne proposes)?
3. What does the consul think about Yvonne as he storms out of the hotel restaurant?
4. What do the police demand of the consul?
5. What does the widow lady predict for the consul and Yvonne?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)