|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul argue about over dinner at the hotel?
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) The existence of God.
(d) Local politics and world affairs.
2. What does the consul continue to do as he heads up the mountain?
3. Where does the bus stop for a bathroom break?
(a) A shopping mall.
(b) The wilderness.
(c) A McDonald's.
(d) A rest stop.
4. What prompts Yvonne to start thinking of her own childhood?
(a) The heat.
(b) A picture she finds in her wallet.
(c) A small little girl she sees.
(d) A familiar melody she hears on the wind.
5. Who gets on the bus when it stops for a bathroom break?
(a) Someone who then takes the bus hostage.
(b) The local mayor.
(c) A famous musician.
(d) A man who has obviously been mugged.
6. What kind of feeling does Yvonne have while searching for the consul in the storm?
(a) One of foreboding.
(b) One of peace and calm.
(c) One of extreme joy.
(d) One of great luck.
7. What does Hugh observe Yvonne and the consul doing on the bus?
(a) Poisoning each other's drinks.
(b) Selling drugs.
(c) Holding hands.
8. Who drinks mescal at the hotel?
(b) No one -- it is too expensive.
(c) The consul.
9. What does Hugh do when he gets to the hotel with Yvonne and the consul?
(a) Goes swimming.
(b) Orders room service.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Takes a shower.
10. What does Yvonne tell the consul her hopes for them for the future are?
(a) To sail off somewhere in a ship -- she doesn't care where.
(b) To relocate to Hawaii.
(c) To get remarried and try for children in Mexico.
(d) To move away to Canada.
11. Where do the police begin to take the consul?
(a) A castle where they torture people.
(c) A ship where he will be sent to another country.
(d) The courthouse.
12. What does the consul imagine seeing while he listens to Hugh and Yvonne at the hotel?
(b) People from his past.
(d) Famous people.
13. How does the consul leave the hotel restaurant?
(a) He makes a scene and storms out.
(b) He passes out and has to be carried out.
(c) He leaves in handcuffs when the police come to get him.
(d) He sneaks out the bathroom window in order to avoid paying his bill.
14. Which member of the visiting trio stays behind at Laruelle's home?
(b) The consul.
(d) All of these answers is correct.
15. What insult does Laruelle unintentionally inflict upon Hugh?
(a) He thinks he is a woman.
(b) He thinks he is much younger than he really is.
(c) He calls him by the wrong name.
(d) He thinks he is much older than he really is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laruelle leave the consul alone in his own home?
2. How does Yvonne keep herself busy during the bull fight?
3. Where do Yvonne and Hugh chase the consul after dinner at the hotel?
4. What does Laruelle comment on in regard to the consul's behavior?
5. Who does the consul have sex with on his way up the mountain?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)