|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Yvonne think is to blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
(a) Not Hugh.
(b) The waitress.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Not the consul.
2. What does Yvonne do when she gets to the hotel with Hugh and the consul?
(a) Goes swimming.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Orders room service.
(d) Takes a shower.
3. What makes the bull fight so unentertaining?
(a) It is over in fewer than 30 seconds.
(b) There is no music.
(c) The bull refuses to fight.
(d) The bull has clearly been drugged.
4. Where do the police begin to take the consul?
(b) A ship where he will be sent to another country.
(c) A castle where they torture people.
(d) The courthouse.
5. Where do Hugh and Yvonne keep checking for the consul?
(b) Police stations.
6. What Biblical allusion does the consul use after the trio's bus ride?
(a) The birth of Jesus.
(b) The story of the plagues.
(c) The story of Joshua.
(d) The story of Job.
7. What does the consul read as he continues to head up the mountain after he storms out of his hotel?
(a) A book of poetry he wrote as a kid.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) A letter from Yvonne.
(d) The letter he got that informs him he's been fired.
8. What prompts Yvonne to start thinking of her own childhood?
(a) The heat.
(b) A picture she finds in her wallet.
(c) A familiar melody she hears on the wind.
(d) A small little girl she sees.
9. What did Yvonne dream of becoming when she was a child?
(a) A model.
(b) A Hollywood actress.
(c) A fashion designer.
(d) A famous singer.
10. Who does Hugh blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
(a) The bad waitress.
(d) The consul.
11. Who does the consul have sex with on his way up the mountain?
(a) No one -- this is a trick question.
(b) An old girlfriend.
(c) A whore.
12. Where do the animals ride on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
(a) No animals are allowed anywhere on this bus.
(d) Both inside and outside.
13. What small charge do the police accuse the consul of?
(a) Trying to bribe them.
(b) Tricking the local government into giving him money.
(d) Stealing a horse.
14. Who jumps into the arena during the bullfight?
(b) The consul.
15. What do the police demand of the consul?
(a) That he leave their town immediately.
(b) That he show up for court the next day.
(c) At least $1000.
(d) To see his papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul argue about over dinner at the hotel?
2. Who does the consul claim had the right to die?
3. What does Hugh observe Yvonne and the consul doing on the bus?
4. Where do Hugh, Yvonne, and the consul plan to travel by bus?
5. Why do Yvonne and Hugh become upset during dinner?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)