Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drinks mescal at the hotel?
(a) No one -- it is too expensive.
(b) The consul.
2. What does the consul think he sees as the bus passes a park?
(a) The devil.
(b) His father.
(c) An angel.
(d) His mother.
3. What makes Yvonne fall (the first time) while searching for the consul in the storm?
(a) A broken ankle.
(b) Slippery rocks.
(c) A rat she steps on.
(d) A trap he set for her.
4. What does the consul read as he continues to head up the mountain after he storms out of his hotel?
(a) A book of poetry he wrote as a kid.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) A letter from Yvonne.
(d) The letter he got that informs him he's been fired.
5. How could Hugh, the consul, and Yvonne's visit to Laruelle best be described?
6. Where does the storm come from?
(a) Over the mountains.
(b) Seemingly out of the volcano.
(c) Seemingly out of the sea.
(d) Out of nowhere; it literally just appears, to everyone's confusion.
7. How does the consul leave the hotel restaurant?
(a) He passes out and has to be carried out.
(b) He sneaks out the bathroom window in order to avoid paying his bill.
(c) He leaves in handcuffs when the police come to get him.
(d) He makes a scene and storms out.
8. What do the police kick on top of the consul's dead body?
(a) Some dirt to cover their crime.
(b) An empty tequila bottle.
(c) His wallet.
(d) A dead dog.
9. Where does the consul plan to meet Hugh and Yvonne after all three have been at Laruelle's house?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) A local cantina.
(c) The waterfall.
(d) The bus station.
10. What does the consul continue to do as he heads up the mountain?
11. Who does the consul claim had the right to die?
(c) The man they observed on the bus.
12. What does Yvonne think would prove healing for the consul?
(b) Privacy and quiet.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
13. Where do the police start following the consul?
(a) After he leaves the brothel.
(b) After he leaves the restaurant.
(c) After he leaves the hotel.
(d) After he gets off the bus.
14. What does Hugh do when he gets to the hotel with Yvonne and the consul?
(a) Goes swimming.
(b) Orders room service.
(c) Takes a shower.
(d) Takes a nap.
15. Where do the animals ride on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
(c) No animals are allowed anywhere on this bus.
(d) Both inside and outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Biblical allusion does the consul use after the trio's bus ride?
2. What kind of music do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul listen to during dinner?
3. What does Hugh observe Yvonne and the consul doing on the bus?
4. What do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul argue about over dinner at the hotel?
5. What does Yvonne not want to see at the bull fight?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)