|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul argue about over dinner at the hotel?
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) The existence of God.
(d) Local politics and world affairs.
2. Who drinks mescal at the hotel?
(a) The consul.
(d) No one -- it is too expensive.
3. What does Hugh do when he gets to the hotel with Yvonne and the consul?
(a) Takes a shower.
(b) Orders room service.
(c) Goes swimming.
(d) Takes a nap.
4. Why do Yvonne and Hugh become upset during dinner?
(a) Because of some unruly patrons at the next table.
(b) Because the consul refuses to speak in English anymore.
(c) Because the consul is drinking again.
(d) Because the waitress keeps messing up their food.
5. Why do Yvonne and Hugh make fun of the waitress at the hotel?
(a) Because she is a bad waitress.
(b) Because she has poor English.
(c) Because she keeps spilling everything.
(d) Because she is laughing at really bad jokes.
6. Who does Hugh blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
(b) The bad waitress.
(c) The consul.
7. What kind of feeling does Yvonne have while searching for the consul in the storm?
(a) One of great luck.
(b) One of foreboding.
(c) One of peace and calm.
(d) One of extreme joy.
8. What kind of music do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul listen to during dinner?
(d) None -- this is a trick question.
9. What kinds of people are on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
(a) Only poor people.
(b) All kinds.
(c) Only rich people.
(d) Only soldiers and their families.
10. What does the consul imagine seeing while he listens to Hugh and Yvonne at the hotel?
(b) Famous people.
(c) People from his past.
11. Where do Hugh and Yvonne keep checking for the consul?
(b) Police stations.
12. Who does Yvonne think is to blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
(a) Not the consul.
(b) Not Hugh.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The waitress.
13. What final reason does Yvonne give about why she wants to leave Laruelle's home?
(a) Because she is not feeling very well.
(b) Because she has had a vision and needs to see her son immediately.
(c) Because her mother is calling her on her cell phone.
(d) Because she wants to see the Day of the Dead festivities.
14. What do Hugh and Yvonne find of the consul's to indicate they are on the right path while looking for him?
(a) His glasses.
(b) A receipt.
(c) An empty bottle of his favorite beer.
(d) One of his shoes.
15. Which member of the visiting trio stays behind at Laruelle's home?
(b) All of these answers is correct.
(c) The consul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of atmosphere does the bus have?
2. Who gets on the bus when it stops for a bathroom break?
3. What does Yvonne notice during the bus ride with the consul and Hugh?
4. What does the consul think he sees as the bus passes a park?
5. What does Laruelle comment on in regard to the consul's behavior?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)