|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the consul plan to meet Hugh and Yvonne after all three have been at Laruelle's house?
(a) The bus station.
(b) A local cantina.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The waterfall.
2. What does Yvonne do when she gets to the hotel with Hugh and the consul?
(a) Goes swimming.
(b) Orders room service.
(c) Takes a shower.
(d) Takes a nap.
3. Who does Yvonne think is to blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Not Hugh.
(c) Not the consul.
(d) The waitress.
4. Where do the animals ride on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
(a) Both inside and outside.
(c) No animals are allowed anywhere on this bus.
5. Where do the police begin to take the consul?
(a) A castle where they torture people.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) A ship where he will be sent to another country.
6. What does the consul continue to do as he heads up the mountain?
7. What kind of person do the police accuse the consul of being?
(a) A communist.
(b) A fake priest.
(c) A woman in disguise.
(d) A spy for the Spanish government.
8. What does Hugh do when he gets to the hotel with Yvonne and the consul?
(a) Takes a nap.
(b) Takes a shower.
(c) Orders room service.
(d) Goes swimming.
9. Who does Yvonne notice seems to enjoy the bull fight the most?
(a) The children.
(b) The drunkest of onlookers.
(c) The young boys.
(d) The oldest of men.
10. Who does the consul have sex with on his way up the mountain?
(a) An old girlfriend.
(c) No one -- this is a trick question.
(d) A whore.
11. What does the consul think about Yvonne as he storms out of the hotel restaurant?
(a) That she has cheated on him with Hugh.
(b) That he doesn't love her anymore.
(c) That she is lost from him forever.
(d) That things are finally looking up with them.
12. What does Yvonne tell the consul her hopes for them for the future are?
(a) To get remarried and try for children in Mexico.
(b) To sail off somewhere in a ship -- she doesn't care where.
(c) To move away to Canada.
(d) To relocate to Hawaii.
13. What does the widow lady predict for the consul and Yvonne?
(a) That they will die that night.
(b) That they will be happy together in the future.
(c) That they will become very rich.
(d) That they will have twins very soon.
14. What did Yvonne dream of becoming when she was a child?
(a) A Hollywood actress.
(b) A famous singer.
(c) A fashion designer.
(d) A model.
15. How does Yvonne keep herself busy during the bull fight?
(a) She works on her stitching.
(b) She powders her nose.
(c) She pretends to be fixing her dress.
(d) She pretends to fall and need to go to the doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Yvonne first spy the consul after he fled the hotel restaurant?
2. What does the consul read as he continues to head up the mountain after he storms out of his hotel?
3. What prompts Yvonne to start thinking of her own childhood?
4. As she and Hugh are chasing the consul, what does she point out always upsets the consul?
5. How does Yvonne feel about attending the bull fight?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)