|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Hugh, Yvonne, and the consul plan to travel by bus?
(a) Mexico City.
2. Where does Yvonne first spy the consul after he fled the hotel restaurant?
(a) Being carried off by the police.
(b) On the very peak of the mountain.
(c) On a bus.
(d) In the distance.
3. Where do the animals ride on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
(a) No animals are allowed anywhere on this bus.
(b) Both inside and outside.
4. How has the consul reacted to Yvonne's childhood dreams?
(a) He refuses to hear about them.
(b) He supports them.
(c) He says he supports her but then sabotages all her efforts behind her back.
(d) He uses his connections to help her.
5. Where do the police begin to take the consul?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) A castle where they torture people.
(c) A ship where he will be sent to another country.
6. What does the consul imagine seeing while he listens to Hugh and Yvonne at the hotel?
(a) Famous people.
(b) People from his past.
7. How does the consul leave the hotel restaurant?
(a) He passes out and has to be carried out.
(b) He leaves in handcuffs when the police come to get him.
(c) He sneaks out the bathroom window in order to avoid paying his bill.
(d) He makes a scene and storms out.
8. Who does the consul have sex with on his way up the mountain?
(a) A whore.
(c) An old girlfriend.
(d) No one -- this is a trick question.
9. What kind of person do the police accuse the consul of being?
(a) A woman in disguise.
(b) A spy for the Spanish government.
(c) A fake priest.
(d) A communist.
10. What larger charge do the police accuse the consul?
(a) Armed robbery.
(c) Being a known criminal.
11. What does Hugh buy as he and Yvonne are searching for the consul?
(a) An armadillo for Yvonne.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A shotglass for the consul.
(d) A necklace.
12. Who does Yvonne think is to blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
(a) Not the consul.
(b) Not Hugh.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The waitress.
13. What Biblical allusion does the consul use after the trio's bus ride?
(a) The story of Joshua.
(b) The story of Job.
(c) The birth of Jesus.
(d) The story of the plagues.
14. Who gets on the bus when it stops for a bathroom break?
(a) The local mayor.
(b) A man who has obviously been mugged.
(c) Someone who then takes the bus hostage.
(d) A famous musician.
15. Why does the visitor arrive at Laruelle's house?
(a) Because he had a doctor's appointment.
(b) Because they have a card game every Wednesday night.
(c) Because he wants to check on the consul.
(d) Because he had to drop off some medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police demand from the consul when they confront him?
2. How does Hugh react to Yvonne's request to leave Laruelle's home?
3. What geographical item does Yvonne admire in the distance after the bus ride?
4. What does Yvonne do when she gets to the hotel with Hugh and the consul?
5. Where do Yvonne and Hugh chase the consul after dinner at the hotel?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)