|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the consul think about Yvonne as he storms out of the hotel restaurant?
(a) That things are finally looking up with them.
(b) That she has cheated on him with Hugh.
(c) That she is lost from him forever.
(d) That he doesn't love her anymore.
2. What does the consul continue to do as he heads up the mountain?
3. What do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul argue about over dinner at the hotel?
(b) Local politics and world affairs.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) The existence of God.
4. What does the consul think he sees as the bus passes a park?
(a) An angel.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) The devil.
5. Who does Yvonne notice seems to enjoy the bull fight the most?
(a) The children.
(b) The oldest of men.
(c) The young boys.
(d) The drunkest of onlookers.
6. What makes the bull fight so unentertaining?
(a) There is no music.
(b) The bull has clearly been drugged.
(c) It is over in fewer than 30 seconds.
(d) The bull refuses to fight.
7. Where does Yvonne first spy the consul after he fled the hotel restaurant?
(a) On the very peak of the mountain.
(b) In the distance.
(c) Being carried off by the police.
(d) On a bus.
8. What does Hugh observe Yvonne and the consul doing on the bus?
(b) Holding hands.
(c) Selling drugs.
(d) Poisoning each other's drinks.
9. Who does the consul claim had the right to die?
(b) The man they observed on the bus.
10. What final reason does Yvonne give about why she wants to leave Laruelle's home?
(a) Because she wants to see the Day of the Dead festivities.
(b) Because she is not feeling very well.
(c) Because her mother is calling her on her cell phone.
(d) Because she has had a vision and needs to see her son immediately.
11. What is mescal?
(a) A juice made from a cactus flower.
(b) A local alcoholic beverage.
(c) A water with apparent mystical qualities.
(d) A drink that is supposed to give you a lot of energy.
12. What kind of person do the police accuse the consul of being?
(a) A fake priest.
(b) A communist.
(c) A spy for the Spanish government.
(d) A woman in disguise.
13. How does Hugh react to Yvonne's request to leave Laruelle's home?
(a) He ignores her requests.
(b) He wants to stay.
(c) He wants to accompany her out.
(d) He slaps her in an attempt to establish his authority.
14. Where do the police begin to take the consul?
(a) A ship where he will be sent to another country.
(b) The courthouse.
(d) A castle where they torture people.
15. Who jumps into the arena during the bullfight?
(d) The consul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the consul have sex with on his way up the mountain?
2. Which member of the visiting trio stays behind at Laruelle's home?
3. What do Hugh and Yvonne find of the consul's to indicate they are on the right path while looking for him?
4. How has the consul reacted to Yvonne's childhood dreams?
5. As she and Hugh are chasing the consul, what does she point out always upsets the consul?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)