|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Biblical allusion does the consul use after the trio's bus ride?
(a) The story of Joshua.
(b) The story of Job.
(c) The story of the plagues.
(d) The birth of Jesus.
2. What makes Yvonne fall (the first time) while searching for the consul in the storm?
(a) A trap he set for her.
(b) A broken ankle.
(c) Slippery rocks.
(d) A rat she steps on.
3. Where do Hugh, Yvonne, and the consul plan to travel by bus?
(d) Mexico City.
4. What does Hugh do when he gets to the hotel with Yvonne and the consul?
(a) Takes a nap.
(b) Orders room service.
(c) Goes swimming.
(d) Takes a shower.
5. What does Yvonne think would prove healing for the consul?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) Privacy and quiet.
6. What kind of feeling does Yvonne have while searching for the consul in the storm?
(a) One of foreboding.
(b) One of peace and calm.
(c) One of great luck.
(d) One of extreme joy.
7. What is mescal?
(a) A juice made from a cactus flower.
(b) A local alcoholic beverage.
(c) A water with apparent mystical qualities.
(d) A drink that is supposed to give you a lot of energy.
8. How has the consul reacted to Yvonne's childhood dreams?
(a) He says he supports her but then sabotages all her efforts behind her back.
(b) He supports them.
(c) He uses his connections to help her.
(d) He refuses to hear about them.
9. Where do the animals ride on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
(a) No animals are allowed anywhere on this bus.
(d) Both inside and outside.
10. Who does Yvonne think is to blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
(a) Not the consul.
(b) The waitress.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Not Hugh.
11. What do the police demand of the consul?
(a) That he leave their town immediately.
(b) At least $1000.
(c) To see his papers.
(d) That he show up for court the next day.
12. As she and Hugh are chasing the consul, what does she point out always upsets the consul?
(c) Her perfume.
(d) Bad waitresses.
13. How could Hugh, the consul, and Yvonne's visit to Laruelle best be described?
14. What larger charge do the police accuse the consul?
(b) Armed robbery.
(c) Being a known criminal.
15. What does Yvonne notice during the bus ride with the consul and Hugh?
(a) How handsome the consul is.
(b) All of the cute children.
(c) All the handsome men without girlfriends.
(d) Movie posters.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the storm approaches, what does Yvonne claim she would rather do than find her estranged husband?
2. Where do Hugh and Yvonne keep checking for the consul?
3. Where does the consul plan to meet Hugh and Yvonne after all three have been at Laruelle's house?
4. What does the consul imagine seeing while he listens to Hugh and Yvonne at the hotel?
5. Where does Yvonne first spy the consul after he fled the hotel restaurant?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)