|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Yvonne fall (the first time) while searching for the consul in the storm?
(a) A broken ankle.
(b) A trap he set for her.
(c) A rat she steps on.
(d) Slippery rocks.
2. What kind of person do the police accuse the consul of being?
(a) A woman in disguise.
(b) A spy for the Spanish government.
(c) A communist.
(d) A fake priest.
3. Who does Yvonne think is to blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Not Hugh.
(c) The waitress.
(d) Not the consul.
4. What kind of atmosphere does the bus have?
(b) Very serious.
5. What does Yvonne not want to see at the bull fight?
(a) Her old boyfriend.
(b) Fried food.
(d) Poor children.
6. Who does Yvonne notice seems to enjoy the bull fight the most?
(a) The children.
(b) The young boys.
(c) The drunkest of onlookers.
(d) The oldest of men.
7. How many drinks does the consul have during dinner at the hotel?
(a) Just one little sip.
8. Where does the consul plan to meet Hugh and Yvonne after all three have been at Laruelle's house?
(a) A local cantina.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) The waterfall.
(d) The bus station.
9. Which member of the visiting trio stays behind at Laruelle's home?
(a) The consul.
(d) All of these answers is correct.
10. What kind of music do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul listen to during dinner?
(a) None -- this is a trick question.
11. What do the police kick on top of the consul's dead body?
(a) An empty tequila bottle.
(b) His wallet.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) Some dirt to cover their crime.
12. As she and Hugh are chasing the consul, what does she point out always upsets the consul?
(a) Bad waitresses.
(c) Her perfume.
13. Why do Yvonne and Hugh make fun of the waitress at the hotel?
(a) Because she is a bad waitress.
(b) Because she is laughing at really bad jokes.
(c) Because she keeps spilling everything.
(d) Because she has poor English.
14. What does Laruelle comment on in regard to the consul's behavior?
(a) He fine and beautiful clothes.
(b) His lack of excitement about Yvonne's return.
(c) His lack of involvement in the town's messy politics.
(d) His amazing wealth.
15. What do Hugh and Yvonne find of the consul's to indicate they are on the right path while looking for him?
(a) One of his shoes.
(b) His glasses.
(c) An empty bottle of his favorite beer.
(d) A receipt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Yvonne and Hugh become upset during dinner?
2. How does Hugh react to Yvonne's request to leave Laruelle's home?
3. Who does the consul have sex with on his way up the mountain?
4. Why does Laruelle leave the consul alone in his own home?
5. What does the consul imagine seeing while he listens to Hugh and Yvonne at the hotel?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)