Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Chapter 1
1. Who is the author of "Under the Volcano"?
2. When was "Under the Volcano" written?
3. Where does the novel begin?
4. What event is happening when the novel beings?
5. What day is it when the novel opens?
6. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
7. Where are Monsieur Laruelle and the local doctor talking when the novel beings?
8. What does the doctor advise Laruelle to do when they depart in Chapter 1?
9. What do Monsieur Laruelle and the doctor discuss about Geoffrey in Chapter 1?
10. Where does the reader learn, in Chapter 1, that Laruelle is planning to go on a journey?
This section contains 2,182 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)