|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) Because someone trips him.
(b) Because he has a bad leg.
(c) Because someone shoots him.
(d) Because he is so drunk.
2. What does the widow lady predict for the consul and Yvonne?
(a) That they will die that night.
(b) That they will be happy together in the future.
(c) That they will become very rich.
(d) That they will have twins very soon.
3. What does Laruelle find in the book the bartender returns to him?
(a) A $100 bill.
(b) A copy of the consul's will.
(c) A letter from Yvonne.
(d) Letters from the consul that he never sent.
4. Who does the consul claim had the right to die?
(c) The man they observed on the bus.
5. When did Laruelle first meet the consul?
(a) Just the other day.
(b) Several years ago.
(c) During childhood.
(d) Exactly one year ago today.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is happening when the novel beings?
2. Where did Laruelle first meet the consul?
3. What does the consul hallucinate and see his bathtub filled with?
4. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
5. What insult does Laruelle unintentionally inflict upon Hugh?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)