|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hugh and Yvonne find of the consul's to indicate they are on the right path while looking for him?
(a) One of his shoes.
(b) An empty bottle of his favorite beer.
(c) His glasses.
(d) A receipt.
2. Who does Quincey ask the consul about?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
3. Who is Quincey?
(a) The manager of the palace.
(b) The owner of the garden.
(c) The librarian of the city.
(d) The homeless man who lives in the alley.
4. What geographical item does Yvonne admire in the distance after the bus ride?
(b) A large city and its large buildings.
(c) A forest fire that is providing a glow in the night sky.
(d) A thunderstorm.
5. How many drinks does it take for the consul to get steady on his feet after not drinking?
(b) Too many to count.
(c) Just one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hugh want to go into music as a career?
2. Who is Hugh?
3. What does the mailman bring to Laruelle's house while Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul are visiting?
4. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
5. What does Lowry describe the train (that the bus passes) as doing during its rest in the landscape?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)