|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the consul go after speaking with Quincey?
(a) Yvonne's new apartment.
(c) He flees the country.
(d) Into the sewers to hide from the rebels.
2. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means painted mountain.
(b) That it means cold mountain water.
(c) That it is an ancient word for "fertility."
(d) That it means where the sun never sets.
3. How long is Hugh gone on the ship?
(a) Just a week.
(b) One year to the day.
(c) Several months.
(d) Several years.
4. How has the consul reacted to Yvonne's childhood dreams?
(a) He uses his connections to help her.
(b) He refuses to hear about them.
(c) He supports them.
(d) He says he supports her but then sabotages all her efforts behind her back.
5. Who drinks mescal at the hotel?
(a) No one -- it is too expensive.
(b) The consul.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
2. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
3. What makes the bull fight so unentertaining?
4. What does the consul read as he continues to head up the mountain after he storms out of his hotel?
5. In which city did the consul and Yvonne have their last date before she left him?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)