|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insult does Laruelle unintentionally inflict upon Hugh?
(a) He thinks he is much younger than he really is.
(b) He thinks he is much older than he really is.
(c) He thinks he is a woman.
(d) He calls him by the wrong name.
2. Who is Quincey?
(a) The librarian of the city.
(b) The manager of the palace.
(c) The homeless man who lives in the alley.
(d) The owner of the garden.
3. Where do the animals ride on the bus that Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul take together?
(a) Both inside and outside.
(b) No animals are allowed anywhere on this bus.
4. What does Hugh drink in the brewery?
(a) A whiskey.
(b) A beer.
(c) A glass of wine.
(d) Nothing -- he is afraid of becoming like his brother.
5. Where does the storm come from?
(a) Over the mountains.
(b) Out of nowhere; it literally just appears, to everyone's confusion.
(c) Seemingly out of the volcano.
(d) Seemingly out of the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laruelle find in the book the bartender returns to him?
2. Where has Hugh returned from when he first meets Yvonne?
3. What is Hugh wearing the first time he sees Yvonne upon her return?
4. What animal does Hugh rent for him and Yvonne during their walk?
5. What is the subject of the book that the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)