|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Yvonne and Hugh make fun of the waitress at the hotel?
(a) Because she is a bad waitress.
(b) Because she keeps spilling everything.
(c) Because she is laughing at really bad jokes.
(d) Because she has poor English.
2. What is the second theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means volcano of joy.
(b) That it means where the eagle stops.
(c) That it means land of green snakes.
(d) That just uttering the word can give you magical powers.
3. From where does the consul call for help when Hugh is over?
(a) The bath.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The basement.
(d) The garden.
4. Where does Yvonne first spy the consul after he fled the hotel restaurant?
(a) On a bus.
(b) Being carried off by the police.
(c) On the very peak of the mountain.
(d) In the distance.
5. What does Yvonne do when she gets to the hotel with Hugh and the consul?
(a) Goes swimming.
(b) Takes a shower.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Orders room service.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
2. Where do Yvonne and Hugh chase the consul after dinner at the hotel?
3. What job does Hugh take after being at sea?
4. What kind of music do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul listen to during dinner?
5. Where does the reader learn, in Chapter 1, that Laruelle is planning to go on a journey?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)