|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police kick on top of the consul's dead body?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) His wallet.
(c) An empty tequila bottle.
(d) Some dirt to cover their crime.
2. What event is supposed to happen the first night Yvonne returns to Quauhnahuac?
(a) A sacrifice.
(b) A festival.
(c) A midnight church service.
(d) A lunar eclipse.
3. Who does Hugh blame for the upset at dinner at the hotel?
(c) The consul.
(d) The bad waitress.
4. What do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul argue about over dinner at the hotel?
(a) Local politics and world affairs.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) The existence of God.
5. What insult does Laruelle unintentionally inflict upon Hugh?
(a) He thinks he is a woman.
(b) He calls him by the wrong name.
(c) He thinks he is much older than he really is.
(d) He thinks he is much younger than he really is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of atmosphere does the bus have?
2. How does the consul leave the hotel restaurant?
3. What animal does Hugh rent for him and Yvonne during their walk?
4. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
5. How long can the consul go without alcohol before feeling the effects of his withdrawal?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)