|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the consul remember after he leaves Quincey's house?
(a) That he meant to give Quincey some money.
(b) That he was supposed to get flowers for Yvonne.
(c) That he hurt his ankle pretty badly the night before.
(d) That he had planned to go out of town.
2. Why do Yvonne and Hugh make fun of the waitress at the hotel?
(a) Because she has poor English.
(b) Because she keeps spilling everything.
(c) Because she is a bad waitress.
(d) Because she is laughing at really bad jokes.
3. What does the consul continue to do as he heads up the mountain?
4. What does the consul think about Yvonne as he storms out of the hotel restaurant?
(a) That things are finally looking up with them.
(b) That she has cheated on him with Hugh.
(c) That she is lost from him forever.
(d) That he doesn't love her anymore.
5. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
(a) The many buildings that he owns.
(b) Places his friends used to live before they all died.
(c) Familiar landmarks.
(d) Sites of great battles that he won.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what company does Hugh work?
2. What item was confiscated by the border guards?
3. What does the consul hallucinate and see his bathtub filled with?
4. What have both Hugh and Yvonne been doing over the past year?
5. Where does the consul plan to meet Hugh and Yvonne after all three have been at Laruelle's house?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)