|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the consul briefly consider switching alcohols after he has fallen down?
(a) To save money.
(b) Because of its rumored vitamin properties.
(c) Because he wants to try Yvonne's favorite drink.
(d) Because his favorite movie star drinks it in the movies.
2. How has the consul reacted to Yvonne's childhood dreams?
(a) He refuses to hear about them.
(b) He says he supports her but then sabotages all her efforts behind her back.
(c) He supports them.
(d) He uses his connections to help her.
3. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
4. Who approaches Quincey and the consul while they are talking?
(a) The doctor.
(b) A wild and rabid dog.
(d) A deranged man.
5. For what company does Hugh work?
(a) The Madrid Daily.
(b) The Boston Globe.
(c) El Mundo.
(d) The London Globe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yvonne notice during the bus ride with the consul and Hugh?
2. How does Yvonne feel about attending the bull fight?
3. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
4. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
5. Of what does the consul try to convince Quincey?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)