|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is mescal?
(a) A water with apparent mystical qualities.
(b) A local alcoholic beverage.
(c) A drink that is supposed to give you a lot of energy.
(d) A juice made from a cactus flower.
2. What happened to the consul before he could track down his wife on the night she left him?
(a) He passed out.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) The government was overthrown.
(d) He broke his ankle.
3. Who is the author of "Under the Volcano"?
(a) Janet Lowry.
(b) Malcolm X.
(d) Malcolm Lowry.
4. How does the consul remember his childhood?
(a) With neither happiness nor sadness.
(b) With nostalgia.
(c) With terror.
(d) With rage.
5. How has the consul reacted to Yvonne's childhood dreams?
(a) He uses his connections to help her.
(b) He says he supports her but then sabotages all her efforts behind her back.
(c) He refuses to hear about them.
(d) He supports them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
2. What does Yvonne tell the consul her hopes for them for the future are?
3. Where does Hugh go after he returns home from his sea voyage?
4. Who does the consul claim had the right to die?
5. In his internal dialogue, to what does the consul compare staying at Laruelle's home?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)