|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has the consul reacted to Yvonne's childhood dreams?
(a) He says he supports her but then sabotages all her efforts behind her back.
(b) He refuses to hear about them.
(c) He uses his connections to help her.
(d) He supports them.
2. For what company does Hugh work?
(a) The Madrid Daily.
(b) The Boston Globe.
(c) El Mundo.
(d) The London Globe.
3. Who invites Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul into his house after they all leave together?
(a) The doctor.
(c) A mysterious old woman.
4. When did Laruelle first meet the consul?
(a) Several years ago.
(b) Exactly one year ago today.
(c) Just the other day.
(d) During childhood.
5. In his internal dialogue, to what does the consul compare staying at Laruelle's home?
(c) A nice, relaxing massage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
2. What are Hugh and Yvonne discussing when they come across the brewery?
3. What job does Hugh take after being at sea?
4. Where does Hugh go after he returns home from his sea voyage?
5. What reason does the consul give about why they should not leave Laruelle's home so soon after they arrived (as Yvonne proposes)?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)