|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it is an ancient word for "fertility."
(b) That it means painted mountain.
(c) That it means cold mountain water.
(d) That it means where the sun never sets.
2. How does the consul's adulthood compare to what he dreamed about as a boy?
(a) It is much happier than he thought.
(b) It is exactly as he thought.
(c) He never thought he'd get to live this long.
(d) It is much more unhappy than he thought.
3. Where did Yvonne and the consul have their last date before Yvonne left him?
(a) The symphony.
(b) A library.
(c) A cantina.
(d) A hotel.
4. What are the women doing that the consul draws Yvonne's attention to when she first sees him again?
(a) Weaving a beautiful tapestry.
(c) Playing dominoes.
(d) Trying to sell fresh bread.
5. What is the subject of the book that the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
(a) Elizabethan plays.
(c) Romantic poetry.
(d) Modern art.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does the consul call for help when Hugh is over?
2. What does the consul imagine seeing while he listens to Hugh and Yvonne at the hotel?
3. Who invites Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul into his house after they all leave together?
4. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
5. What is the consul attempting -- albeit badly -- to impress Yvonne with?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)