|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
(a) Places his friends used to live before they all died.
(b) Familiar landmarks.
(c) Sites of great battles that he won.
(d) The many buildings that he owns.
2. What prompts Yvonne to start thinking of her own childhood?
(a) A small little girl she sees.
(b) A familiar melody she hears on the wind.
(c) The heat.
(d) A picture she finds in her wallet.
3. What does Yvonne do once she arrives back at the consul's house?
(a) Throws herself off the balcony.
(b) Takes a bath.
(c) Starts breaking dishes.
(d) Leaves immediately.
4. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
5. What is mescal?
(a) A juice made from a cactus flower.
(b) A local alcoholic beverage.
(c) A water with apparent mystical qualities.
(d) A drink that is supposed to give you a lot of energy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
2. What does Laruelle find in the book the bartender returns to him?
3. Why does Laruelle leave the consul alone in his own home?
4. How does Quincey respond to the consul?
5. How long has Yvonne been gone before she returns to Quauhnahuac?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)