|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul leave the consul's house together, where do they intend to go?
(b) The courthouse.
(c) The zoo.
(d) The festival.
2. What does Laruelle find in the book the bartender returns to him?
(a) A letter from Yvonne.
(b) A copy of the consul's will.
(c) A $100 bill.
(d) Letters from the consul that he never sent.
3. What are Hugh and Yvonne discussing when they come across the brewery?
(a) Old movies.
(b) Current movies.
(c) What each wants for dinner that night.
(d) Their favorite author.
4. What Biblical allusion does the consul use after the trio's bus ride?
(a) The birth of Jesus.
(b) The story of the plagues.
(c) The story of Job.
(d) The story of Joshua.
5. Where does the consul stop to compose himself on his way home to meet Yvonne?
(a) A palace.
(b) A dirty alleyway.
(c) A garden.
(d) A library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lowry describe the train (that the bus passes) as doing during its rest in the landscape?
2. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
3. Why do Yvonne and Hugh make fun of the waitress at the hotel?
4. Where does the bus stop for a bathroom break?
5. Why does the visitor arrive at Laruelle's house?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)