|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the consul arrives at his final destination after speaking with Quincey?
(a) He collapses.
(b) He finds out he's been robbed.
(c) He starts singing.
(d) He takes a long, hot bath.
2. What does Hugh think about himself growing up?
(a) That he will never have to do so.
(b) That it is time for him to do so.
(c) That he missed his chance to do so.
(d) That he did so too early for a young man like himself.
3. What does Hugh drink in the brewery?
(a) Nothing -- he is afraid of becoming like his brother.
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) A whiskey.
(d) A beer.
4. Where has Hugh returned from when he first meets Yvonne?
(a) The Canadian border.
(b) The Spanish border.
(c) The American border.
(d) The Nicaraguan border.
5. What did Yvonne dream of becoming when she was a child?
(a) A model.
(b) A Hollywood actress.
(c) A famous singer.
(d) A fashion designer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Yvonne and Hugh become upset during dinner?
2. What is the consul served for breakfast upon Yvonne's return?
3. What word could best be used to describe how the consul moves about town while Yvonne is out with Hugh?
4. What is unique about the book the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
5. How does Yvonne keep herself busy during the bull fight?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)