|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugh drink in the brewery?
(a) A whiskey.
(b) A beer.
(c) A glass of wine.
(d) Nothing -- he is afraid of becoming like his brother.
2. What prompts Yvonne to start thinking of her own childhood?
(a) A small little girl she sees.
(b) The heat.
(c) A picture she finds in her wallet.
(d) A familiar melody she hears on the wind.
3. Where does Hugh first see Yvonne?
(a) In a cantina.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In her bedroom.
4. What does Yvonne do when she gets to the hotel with Hugh and the consul?
(a) Takes a shower.
(b) Orders room service.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Goes swimming.
5. What does the widow lady predict for the consul and Yvonne?
(a) That they will die that night.
(b) That they will become very rich.
(c) That they will have twins very soon.
(d) That they will be happy together in the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Yvonne born?
2. What reason does the consul give about why they should not leave Laruelle's home so soon after they arrived (as Yvonne proposes)?
3. How many drinks does the consul have during dinner at the hotel?
4. How could Hugh, the consul, and Yvonne's visit to Laruelle best be described?
5. How long is Hugh gone on the ship?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)