|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does someone make fun of the consul for during his walk with Yvonne back to their house once she has returned?
(a) For his out-of-date shoes.
(b) For his ugliness.
(c) For his limp.
(d) For his bad Spanish.
2. What does the consul compare his nerves to when he doesn't have alcohol?
(a) Razor blades.
(b) Dead meat.
(c) An electrical system.
(d) A calm ocean.
3. What Biblical allusion does the consul use after the trio's bus ride?
(a) The story of Job.
(b) The birth of Jesus.
(c) The story of Joshua.
(d) The story of the plagues.
4. What are the women doing that the consul draws Yvonne's attention to when she first sees him again?
(b) Playing dominoes.
(c) Trying to sell fresh bread.
(d) Weaving a beautiful tapestry.
5. What does the widow lady predict for the consul and Yvonne?
(a) That they will die that night.
(b) That they will be happy together in the future.
(c) That they will have twins very soon.
(d) That they will become very rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the consul give about why they should not leave Laruelle's home so soon after they arrived (as Yvonne proposes)?
2. What does Lowry describe the train (that the bus passes) as doing during its rest in the landscape?
3. Where does the bus stop for a bathroom break?
4. What does Hugh drink in the brewery?
5. Where does the consul plan to meet Hugh and Yvonne after all three have been at Laruelle's house?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)