|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Yvonne?
(a) The consul's estranged wife.
(b) The consul's mother.
(c) The consul's nurse.
(d) The consul's sister.
2. What does Hugh think about himself growing up?
(a) That he missed his chance to do so.
(b) That he did so too early for a young man like himself.
(c) That he will never have to do so.
(d) That it is time for him to do so.
3. How does Yvonne keep herself busy during the bull fight?
(a) She powders her nose.
(b) She works on her stitching.
(c) She pretends to fall and need to go to the doctor.
(d) She pretends to be fixing her dress.
4. Who gets on the bus when it stops for a bathroom break?
(a) A famous musician.
(b) A man who has obviously been mugged.
(c) Someone who then takes the bus hostage.
(d) The local mayor.
5. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) Because someone trips him.
(b) Because he is so drunk.
(c) Because he has a bad leg.
(d) Because someone shoots him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
2. What Biblical allusion does the consul use after the trio's bus ride?
3. Who does the consul claim had the right to die?
4. What day is it when the novel opens?
5. Where does Hugh go after he returns home from his sea voyage?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)