|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugh learn about the sailors on his ship?
(a) That they are waiting to mutiny.
(b) That they are all murderous liars.
(c) That they are just in it for the money.
(d) That they live a rather virtuous life -- surprisingly.
2. From where does the consul call for help when Hugh is over?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The basement.
(c) The garden.
(d) The bath.
3. What makes the bull fight so unentertaining?
(a) There is no music.
(b) The bull has clearly been drugged.
(c) It is over in fewer than 30 seconds.
(d) The bull refuses to fight.
4. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
(a) The many buildings that he owns.
(b) Places his friends used to live before they all died.
(c) Sites of great battles that he won.
(d) Familiar landmarks.
5. What does Yvonne not want to see at the bull fight?
(a) Fried food.
(c) Her old boyfriend.
(d) Poor children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has the consul reacted to Yvonne's childhood dreams?
2. What job does Hugh get after his attempts to become a famous musician fail?
3. Which member of the visiting trio stays behind at Laruelle's home?
4. What event is supposed to happen the first night Yvonne returns to Quauhnahuac?
5. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)