|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the consul remember after he leaves Quincey's house?
(a) That he was supposed to get flowers for Yvonne.
(b) That he hurt his ankle pretty badly the night before.
(c) That he had planned to go out of town.
(d) That he meant to give Quincey some money.
2. Why does Laruelle leave the consul alone in his own home?
(a) Because he doesn't want him driving home.
(b) Because he is trying to catch him stealing things.
(c) Because he goes to take a shower.
(d) Because he has given up on him.
3. Where do Yvonne and Hugh first go for a walk?
(a) Along the beach.
(b) In the hot jungle.
(c) In the cold mountains.
(d) In the countryside.
4. How does Yvonne keep herself busy during the bull fight?
(a) She powders her nose.
(b) She pretends to fall and need to go to the doctor.
(c) She works on her stitching.
(d) She pretends to be fixing her dress.
5. What does Lowry describe the train (that the bus passes) as doing during its rest in the landscape?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the consul claim had the right to die?
2. What does Yvonne drink in the brewery?
3. How does Quincey respond to the consul?
4. What does the man offer the consul after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
5. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)