|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the consul give about why they should not leave Laruelle's home so soon after they arrived (as Yvonne proposes)?
(a) Because he hasn't said his hellos.
(b) Because he hasn't had time to present them with gifts.
(c) Because he says it would be rude.
(d) Because the food is just too delicious to leave uneaten.
2. What happened to the consul before he could track down his wife on the night she left him?
(a) He broke his ankle.
(b) He passed out.
(c) The government was overthrown.
(d) He was arrested.
3. When Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul leave the consul's house together, where do they intend to go?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) The zoo.
(c) The festival.
4. What animal does Hugh rent for him and Yvonne during their walk?
5. What job does Hugh get after his attempts to become a famous musician fail?
(a) He works on the crew of a ship.
(b) He sets off as a pirate on his father's ship.
(c) He commissions a ship to look for treasure.
(d) He captains his own ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the visitor arrive at Laruelle's house?
2. What does the consul hallucinate and see his bathtub filled with?
3. Where was Yvonne born?
4. What does Lowry describe the train (that the bus passes) as doing during its rest in the landscape?
5. Which member of the visiting trio stays behind at Laruelle's home?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)