|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hugh hoping his music career would bring him?
(a) Lots of women.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) The approval of his parents.
(d) Fame and fortune.
2. Why does Laruelle leave the consul alone in his own home?
(a) Because he goes to take a shower.
(b) Because he has given up on him.
(c) Because he doesn't want him driving home.
(d) Because he is trying to catch him stealing things.
3. Where does the consul plan to meet Hugh and Yvonne after all three have been at Laruelle's house?
(a) A local cantina.
(b) The bus station.
(c) The waterfall.
(d) The courthouse.
4. What is the subject of the book that the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
(a) Elizabethan plays.
(b) Modern art.
(d) Romantic poetry.
5. How does Yvonne feel about the item that the mailman brings to Laruelle's house while she is over?
(d) She doesn't really care one way or the other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the consul think he sees as the bus passes a park?
2. What does the consul hallucinate and see his bathtub filled with?
3. Where are Monsieur Laruelle and the local doctor talking when the novel beings?
4. How long has Yvonne been gone before she returns to Quauhnahuac?
5. What does Hugh think about himself growing up?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)