|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
2. What does Hugh learn about the food on a ship?
(a) That is it much better than he expected.
(b) That it is often infested with rats.
(c) That it is often infested with maggots.
(d) That it is just awful.
3. Where do Yvonne and Hugh first go for a walk?
(a) In the countryside.
(b) Along the beach.
(c) In the cold mountains.
(d) In the hot jungle.
4. What interrupts Yvonne and the consul's first conversation upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
(a) An annoying housemaid.
(b) Musicians outside the bedroom window.
(c) The sound of sirens going by.
(d) Other people yelling.
5. In his internal dialogue, to what does the consul compare staying at Laruelle's home?
(b) A nice, relaxing massage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
2. How does the consul remember his childhood?
3. What have both Hugh and Yvonne been doing over the past year?
4. How long has Yvonne been gone before she returns to Quauhnahuac?
5. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)