|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insult does Laruelle unintentionally inflict upon Hugh?
(a) He thinks he is much older than he really is.
(b) He calls him by the wrong name.
(c) He thinks he is a woman.
(d) He thinks he is much younger than he really is.
2. What does Lowry describe the train (that the bus passes) as doing during its rest in the landscape?
3. Where does the consul plan to meet Hugh and Yvonne after all three have been at Laruelle's house?
(a) A local cantina.
(b) The bus station.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The waterfall.
4. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A man passing by.
(c) The doctor.
(d) His father.
5. Who is Quincey?
(a) The owner of the garden.
(b) The manager of the palace.
(c) The homeless man who lives in the alley.
(d) The librarian of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches Quincey and the consul while they are talking?
2. What event is happening when the novel beings?
3. Who is Yvonne?
4. What is the consul served for breakfast upon Yvonne's return?
5. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)