|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the consul compare his nerves to when he doesn't have alcohol?
(a) Razor blades.
(b) A calm ocean.
(c) An electrical system.
(d) Dead meat.
2. Where was Yvonne born?
3. Why does Yvonne end up not buying the animal she wants at the brewery?
(a) Because the consul has taken all of her money.
(b) Because the price is too high.
(c) Because another patron outbids her during the auction.
(d) Because the animal bites her.
4. What does the man offer the consul after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) A cane.
(b) A drink.
(c) A ride.
(d) To call an ambulance.
5. What request does Quincey make of the consul?
(a) That he not steal books from the library.
(b) That he not pass out in the alley.
(c) That he not vomit in the garden.
(d) That he not yell once inside the palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lowry describe the train (that the bus passes) as doing during its rest in the landscape?
2. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
3. Who is selling the animal that Yvonne wants at the brewery?
4. Which member of the visiting trio stays behind at Laruelle's home?
5. What kind of atmosphere does the bus have?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)