|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugh learn about the sailors on his ship?
(a) That they are waiting to mutiny.
(b) That they are all murderous liars.
(c) That they live a rather virtuous life -- surprisingly.
(d) That they are just in it for the money.
2. What insult does Laruelle unintentionally inflict upon Hugh?
(a) He thinks he is a woman.
(b) He thinks he is much older than he really is.
(c) He thinks he is much younger than he really is.
(d) He calls him by the wrong name.
3. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
(a) The painter.
(b) The butcher.
(c) The driver.
(d) The maid.
4. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
(a) Places his friends used to live before they all died.
(b) Sites of great battles that he won.
(c) The many buildings that he owns.
(d) Familiar landmarks.
5. Where has Hugh returned from when he first meets Yvonne?
(a) The American border.
(b) The Canadian border.
(c) The Nicaraguan border.
(d) The Spanish border.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
2. What does the man offer the consul after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
3. What animal do Hugh and Yvonne keep passing during their excursion together?
4. What does the consul remember after he leaves Quincey's house?
5. How long has Yvonne been gone before she returns to Quauhnahuac?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)