|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
(a) A stronger beer.
(b) A less potent beer.
(c) A less potent whiskey.
(d) A stronger whiskey.
2. How long can the consul go without alcohol before feeling the effects of his withdrawal?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 5 seconds.
3. How old is Hugh?
4. What is the consul attempting -- albeit badly -- to impress Yvonne with?
(a) His self control.
(b) His money.
(c) His power.
(d) His elegance.
5. Who is Maximilian?
(a) The man who robs Hugh and Yvonne.
(b) Yvonne's secret lover.
(c) Hugh and Yvonne's secret son.
(d) A conqueror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insult does Laruelle unintentionally inflict upon Hugh?
2. What does the widow lady predict for the consul and Yvonne?
3. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
4. What does Laruelle find in the book the bartender returns to him?
5. With whom does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)