|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
(a) At home, in bed.
(b) In a school.
(c) In his office.
(d) In a bar.
2. What are the women doing that the consul draws Yvonne's attention to when she first sees him again?
(a) Weaving a beautiful tapestry.
(b) Playing dominoes.
(c) Trying to sell fresh bread.
3. Who is Hugh?
(a) The consul's brother.
(b) The consul's father.
(c) The consul's son.
(d) The consul's doctor.
4. What interrupts Yvonne and the consul's first conversation upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
(a) An annoying housemaid.
(b) Other people yelling.
(c) The sound of sirens going by.
(d) Musicians outside the bedroom window.
5. When Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul leave the consul's house together, where do they intend to go?
(b) The courthouse.
(c) The zoo.
(d) The festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hugh hoping his music career would bring him?
2. What reason does the consul give about why they should not leave Laruelle's home so soon after they arrived (as Yvonne proposes)?
3. When was "Under the Volcano" written?
4. Who is Yvonne?
5. What word could best be used to describe how the consul moves about town while Yvonne is out with Hugh?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)