|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laruelle comment on in regard to the consul's behavior?
(a) His amazing wealth.
(b) He fine and beautiful clothes.
(c) His lack of involvement in the town's messy politics.
(d) His lack of excitement about Yvonne's return.
2. Why does Laruelle leave the consul alone in his own home?
(a) Because he doesn't want him driving home.
(b) Because he goes to take a shower.
(c) Because he is trying to catch him stealing things.
(d) Because he has given up on him.
3. What event is supposed to happen the first night Yvonne returns to Quauhnahuac?
(a) A sacrifice.
(b) A midnight church service.
(c) A festival.
(d) A lunar eclipse.
4. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
(b) The sun.
5. Where has Hugh returned from when he first meets Yvonne?
(a) The Spanish border.
(b) The Nicaraguan border.
(c) The American border.
(d) The Canadian border.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the consul hallucinate and see his bathtub filled with?
2. When was "Under the Volcano" written?
3. How long has Laruelle been in Mexico?
4. Where did Yvonne and the consul have their last date before Yvonne left him?
5. What is the consul served for breakfast upon Yvonne's return?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)