|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets on the bus when it stops for a bathroom break?
(a) Someone who then takes the bus hostage.
(b) A famous musician.
(c) A man who has obviously been mugged.
(d) The local mayor.
2. Where are Monsieur Laruelle and the local doctor talking when the novel beings?
(a) Walking down the street.
(b) In a church.
(c) In the doctor's office.
(d) In a casino.
3. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
(a) A very large statue of the child that they had that died.
(b) A very large statute of herself in a beautiful gown.
(c) This is a trick question -- she doesn't bring him a large gift.
(d) A very large statue of himself in military dress.
4. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
(a) A less potent whiskey.
(b) A less potent beer.
(c) A stronger beer.
(d) A stronger whiskey.
5. Where does Yvonne want to go after visiting the consul?
(a) A castle in Spain.
(b) A ranch in Hawaii.
(c) A farm in Canada.
(d) A big city in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul leave the consul's house together, where do they intend to go?
2. What reason does the consul give about why they should not leave Laruelle's home so soon after they arrived (as Yvonne proposes)?
3. Where does the consul go after speaking with Quincey?
4. What is Hugh wearing the first time he sees Yvonne upon her return?
5. What day is it when the novel opens?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)