|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the book the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
(a) None of these items is correct.
(b) It is written in Greek.
(c) It is very, very old.
(d) It had also been lent to the consul.
2. What job does Hugh get after his attempts to become a famous musician fail?
(a) He captains his own ship.
(b) He works on the crew of a ship.
(c) He commissions a ship to look for treasure.
(d) He sets off as a pirate on his father's ship.
3. Where does the bus stop for a bathroom break?
(a) A rest stop.
(b) The wilderness.
(c) A McDonald's.
(d) A shopping mall.
4. What does Yvonne notice during the bus ride with the consul and Hugh?
(a) Movie posters.
(b) All of the cute children.
(c) All the handsome men without girlfriends.
(d) How handsome the consul is.
5. What do Monsieur Laruelle and the doctor discuss about Geoffrey in Chapter 1?
(a) That he is a very wealthy man.
(b) That he is the wisest man in town.
(c) That he should get married soon.
(d) That he is a raging alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Yvonne been gone before she returns to Quauhnahuac?
2. How does Quincey respond to the consul?
3. Where does the novel begin?
4. What event is happening when the novel beings?
5. What animal does Hugh rent for him and Yvonne during their walk?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)