|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the consul remember his childhood?
(a) With nostalgia.
(b) With terror.
(c) With neither happiness nor sadness.
(d) With rage.
2. What does the doctor advise Laruelle to do when they depart in Chapter 1?
(a) Go out for the evening.
(b) Go to the hospital right away.
(c) Take two aspirin and call him in the morning.
(d) Move to a warmer climate.
3. Where does the bus stop for a bathroom break?
(a) A shopping mall.
(b) A rest stop.
(c) A McDonald's.
(d) The wilderness.
4. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
(a) The butcher.
(b) The painter.
(c) The maid.
(d) The driver.
5. What animal does Hugh rent for him and Yvonne during their walk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hugh want to go into music as a career?
2. What animal do Hugh and Yvonne keep passing during their excursion together?
3. How long is Hugh gone on the ship?
4. Which member of the visiting trio stays behind at Laruelle's home?
5. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)