|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
2. What Biblical allusion does the consul use after the trio's bus ride?
(a) The birth of Jesus.
(b) The story of Joshua.
(c) The story of the plagues.
(d) The story of Job.
3. What word could best be used to describe how the consul moves about town while Yvonne is out with Hugh?
4. What kind of animal does Yvonne try to buy at the brewery?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A puppy.
(d) An armadillo.
5. Where does the novel begin?
(c) Puerto Vallarta.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
2. Why does the consul briefly consider switching alcohols after he has fallen down?
3. Where does Hugh first see Yvonne?
4. Where does the reader learn, in Chapter 1, that Laruelle is planning to go on a journey?
5. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)