|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Quincey?
(a) The owner of the garden.
(b) The homeless man who lives in the alley.
(c) The librarian of the city.
(d) The manager of the palace.
2. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
3. What does the consul hallucinate and see his bathtub filled with?
(d) Boiling water.
4. Where does Hugh go after he returns home from his sea voyage?
5. What was Hugh hoping his music career would bring him?
(a) The approval of his parents.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Fame and fortune.
(d) Lots of women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the consul before he could track down his wife on the night she left him?
2. What day is it when the novel opens?
3. Why does Yvonne end up not buying the animal she wants at the brewery?
4. Where does the novel begin?
5. What does Hugh think about himself growing up?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)