|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many drinks does it take for the consul to get steady on his feet after not drinking?
(a) Too many to count.
(c) Just one.
2. What does the consul compare his nerves to when he doesn't have alcohol?
(a) A calm ocean.
(b) An electrical system.
(c) Razor blades.
(d) Dead meat.
3. When was "Under the Volcano" written?
4. Who is Quincey?
(a) The homeless man who lives in the alley.
(b) The librarian of the city.
(c) The owner of the garden.
(d) The manager of the palace.
5. Where does the consul stop to compose himself on his way home to meet Yvonne?
(a) A library.
(b) A palace.
(c) A garden.
(d) A dirty alleyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Yvonne and the consul pass up an invitation from the doctor?
2. What is the consul attempting -- albeit badly -- to impress Yvonne with?
3. How old is Hugh?
4. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
5. What happened to the consul before he could track down his wife on the night she left him?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)