|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
(a) Familiar landmarks.
(b) The many buildings that he owns.
(c) Places his friends used to live before they all died.
(d) Sites of great battles that he won.
2. Why does Yvonne end up not buying the animal she wants at the brewery?
(a) Because the animal bites her.
(b) Because the consul has taken all of her money.
(c) Because another patron outbids her during the auction.
(d) Because the price is too high.
3. What does the doctor advise Laruelle to do when they depart in Chapter 1?
(a) Go to the hospital right away.
(b) Move to a warmer climate.
(c) Take two aspirin and call him in the morning.
(d) Go out for the evening.
4. Where does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
(a) At home, in bed.
(b) In his office.
(c) In a school.
(d) In a bar.
5. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it is an ancient word for "fertility."
(b) That it means where the sun never sets.
(c) That it means painted mountain.
(d) That it means cold mountain water.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does the consul call for help when Hugh is over?
2. What is the consul attempting -- albeit badly -- to impress Yvonne with?
3. How old is Hugh?
4. Why did Hugh want to go into music as a career?
5. What does the consul compare his nerves to when he doesn't have alcohol?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)