|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Hugh gone on the ship?
(a) One year to the day.
(b) Several months.
(c) Just a week.
(d) Several years.
2. Where does the reader learn, in Chapter 1, that Laruelle is planning to go on a journey?
(b) The United States.
3. From where does the consul call for help when Hugh is over?
(a) The garden.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bath.
(d) The basement.
4. When Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul leave the consul's house together, where do they intend to go?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) The zoo.
(c) The festival.
5. How does Quincey respond to the consul?
(a) He chases him away by waving a gun.
(b) He invites him in for dinner.
(c) He forgives him for all of his sins.
(d) He doesn't believe much of what he says.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
2. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
3. What does Hugh learn about the food on a ship?
4. Why does Yvonne end up not buying the animal she wants at the brewery?
5. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)