|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many drinks does it take for the consul to get steady on his feet after not drinking?
(a) Just one.
(c) Too many to count.
2. What is the subject of the book that the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
(b) Elizabethan plays.
(c) Modern art.
(d) Romantic poetry.
3. How does Quincey respond to the consul?
(a) He invites him in for dinner.
(b) He doesn't believe much of what he says.
(c) He forgives him for all of his sins.
(d) He chases him away by waving a gun.
4. Who is Quincey?
(a) The homeless man who lives in the alley.
(b) The librarian of the city.
(c) The manager of the palace.
(d) The owner of the garden.
5. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means where the sun never sets.
(b) That it is an ancient word for "fertility."
(c) That it means painted mountain.
(d) That it means cold mountain water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Yvonne been gone before she returns to Quauhnahuac?
2. How long can the consul go without alcohol before feeling the effects of his withdrawal?
3. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
4. With whom does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
5. Why must Yvonne and the consul pass up an invitation from the doctor?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)