|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is it when the novel opens?
(a) Day of the Dead.
(c) Mexican Independence Day.
2. What does Hugh think about himself growing up?
(a) That he did so too early for a young man like himself.
(b) That it is time for him to do so.
(c) That he missed his chance to do so.
(d) That he will never have to do so.
3. What voices are the consul attempting to run from?
(a) The voices in his head.
(b) The voices of Yvonne and Hugh, which seem extra loud to him for some reason.
(c) The voices of people yelling at him from windows.
(d) The voices of his children.
4. From where does the consul call for help when Hugh is over?
(a) The bath.
(b) The garden.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The basement.
5. What is unique about the book the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
(a) It had also been lent to the consul.
(b) It is very, very old.
(c) It is written in Greek.
(d) None of these items is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city did the consul and Yvonne have their last date before she left him?
2. What request does Quincey make of the consul?
3. Why did Hugh want to go into music as a career?
4. How does Yvonne feel when she returns to her home?
5. Who is Quincey?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)