|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Yvonne and the consul have their last date before Yvonne left him?
(a) The symphony.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A library.
(d) A cantina.
2. How does the consul remember his childhood?
(a) With rage.
(b) With nostalgia.
(c) With neither happiness nor sadness.
(d) With terror.
3. When was "Under the Volcano" written?
4. Where does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In a school.
(c) At home, in bed.
(d) In his office.
5. What request does Quincey make of the consul?
(a) That he not yell once inside the palace.
(b) That he not pass out in the alley.
(c) That he not vomit in the garden.
(d) That he not steal books from the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
2. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
3. Why did Hugh want to go into music as a career?
4. Where does Hugh come to visit Yvonne?
5. What does the consul hallucinate and see his bathtub filled with?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)