|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Yvonne and the consul have their last date before Yvonne left him?
(a) The symphony.
(b) A library.
(c) A cantina.
(d) A hotel.
2. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it is an ancient word for "fertility."
(b) That it means where the sun never sets.
(c) That it means painted mountain.
(d) That it means cold mountain water.
3. What does Hugh drink in the brewery?
(a) A beer.
(b) Nothing -- he is afraid of becoming like his brother.
(c) A whiskey.
(d) A glass of wine.
4. When did Laruelle first meet the consul?
(a) Several years ago.
(b) During childhood.
(c) Exactly one year ago today.
(d) Just the other day.
5. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
2. What word could best be used to describe how the consul moves about town while Yvonne is out with Hugh?
3. What request does Quincey make of the consul?
4. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
5. Why did Hugh want to go into music as a career?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)