|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Hugh gone on the ship?
(a) Just a week.
(b) One year to the day.
(c) Several years.
(d) Several months.
2. What is the consul served for breakfast upon Yvonne's return?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) A beer.
(c) A vodka.
(d) A whiskey.
3. What is Hugh wearing the first time he sees Yvonne upon her return?
(a) A Mexican cowboy outfit.
(b) A police officer's outfit.
(c) A silk suit she gave him many years ago.
(d) His pajamas.
4. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His brother.
5. What voices are the consul attempting to run from?
(a) The voices of people yelling at him from windows.
(b) The voices in his head.
(c) The voices of his children.
(d) The voices of Yvonne and Hugh, which seem extra loud to him for some reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item was confiscated by the border guards?
2. What does Hugh drink in the brewery?
3. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
4. Where does the novel begin?
5. Where does Hugh first see Yvonne?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)