|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yvonne initially seem to bring to the consul's life?
2. What is the second theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That just uttering the word can give you magical powers.
(b) That it means land of green snakes.
(c) That it means where the eagle stops.
(d) That it means volcano of joy.
3. Who approaches Quincey and the consul while they are talking?
(a) The doctor.
(c) A wild and rabid dog.
(d) A deranged man.
4. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
5. What does the mailman bring to Laruelle's house while Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul are visiting?
(a) A notice that the consul has been fired.
(b) News that the government has been overthrown.
(c) A letter Yvonne wrote over a year ago.
(d) A letter letting Yvonne know that her mother has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
2. What animal does Hugh rent for him and Yvonne during their walk?
3. What have both Hugh and Yvonne been doing over the past year?
4. Where has Hugh returned from when he first meets Yvonne?
5. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)