|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means where the eagle stops.
(b) That it means volcano of joy.
(c) That just uttering the word can give you magical powers.
(d) That it means land of green snakes.
2. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
(a) A very large statue of himself in military dress.
(b) A very large statue of the child that they had that died.
(c) This is a trick question -- she doesn't bring him a large gift.
(d) A very large statute of herself in a beautiful gown.
3. Who shaves the consul while Hugh is over?
(a) A servant.
(b) The consul, though he ends up cutting himself quite badly.
(c) Hugh himself.
4. What does Yvonne drink in the brewery?
(a) A whiskey.
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) Nothing -- she is afraid of becoming like her husband.
(d) A beer.
5. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maximilian?
2. How many drinks does it take for the consul to get steady on his feet after not drinking?
3. What is the subject of the book that the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
4. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
5. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)