|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Yvonne and the consul's first conversation upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
(a) Other people yelling.
(b) Musicians outside the bedroom window.
(c) An annoying housemaid.
(d) The sound of sirens going by.
2. What item was confiscated by the border guards?
(a) Hugh's secret gun stash.
(b) A very large stash of cash.
(c) Hugh's favorite book.
(d) Hugh's clothes.
3. Why must Yvonne and the consul pass up an invitation from the doctor?
(a) Because Yvonne is too distraught over her missing child.
(b) Because of his failing health.
(c) Because they are too poor to travel there.
(d) Because they burn the food they are supposed to bring.
4. How long has Laruelle been in Mexico?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. In which city did the consul and Yvonne have their last date before she left him?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) Mexico City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the consul briefly consider switching alcohols after he has fallen down?
2. What does Yvonne initially seem to bring to the consul's life?
3. How does Yvonne feel when she returns to her home?
4. What are Hugh and Yvonne discussing when they come across the brewery?
5. What is the second theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)