|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many drinks does it take for the consul to get steady on his feet after not drinking?
(a) Just one.
(d) Too many to count.
2. What does Hugh think about himself growing up?
(a) That he will never have to do so.
(b) That it is time for him to do so.
(c) That he missed his chance to do so.
(d) That he did so too early for a young man like himself.
3. What does the consul remember after he leaves Quincey's house?
(a) That he had planned to go out of town.
(b) That he hurt his ankle pretty badly the night before.
(c) That he meant to give Quincey some money.
(d) That he was supposed to get flowers for Yvonne.
4. What does Hugh drink in the brewery?
(a) A whiskey.
(b) Nothing -- he is afraid of becoming like his brother.
(c) A beer.
(d) A glass of wine.
5. What is Hugh wearing the first time he sees Yvonne upon her return?
(a) His pajamas.
(b) A Mexican cowboy outfit.
(c) A silk suit she gave him many years ago.
(d) A police officer's outfit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hugh want to go into music as a career?
2. What happened to the consul before he could track down his wife on the night she left him?
3. What animal does Hugh rent for him and Yvonne during their walk?
4. What do Monsieur Laruelle and the doctor discuss about Geoffrey in Chapter 1?
5. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)