|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Yvonne and Hugh first go for a walk?
(a) In the countryside.
(b) Along the beach.
(c) In the cold mountains.
(d) In the hot jungle.
2. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
(a) The driver.
(b) The maid.
(c) The butcher.
(d) The painter.
3. Where did Yvonne and the consul have their last date before Yvonne left him?
(a) The symphony.
(b) A cantina.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A library.
4. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) Because someone trips him.
(b) Because he has a bad leg.
(c) Because he is so drunk.
(d) Because someone shoots him.
5. What does Yvonne do once she arrives back at the consul's house?
(a) Takes a bath.
(b) Starts breaking dishes.
(c) Throws herself off the balcony.
(d) Leaves immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yvonne drink in the brewery?
2. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
3. Where are Monsieur Laruelle and the local doctor talking when the novel beings?
4. How does the consul remember his childhood?
5. Who does Quincey ask the consul about?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)