|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the consul stop to compose himself on his way home to meet Yvonne?
(a) A palace.
(b) A garden.
(c) A library.
(d) A dirty alleyway.
2. Who is selling the animal that Yvonne wants at the brewery?
(a) An old girlfriend of the consul's.
(b) The bar owner who is really quite mean.
(c) A young girl who lives there.
(d) An old student of Yvonne's.
3. What request does Quincey make of the consul?
(a) That he not vomit in the garden.
(b) That he not steal books from the library.
(c) That he not pass out in the alley.
(d) That he not yell once inside the palace.
4. Where does the novel begin?
(d) Puerto Vallarta.
5. What event is supposed to happen the first night Yvonne returns to Quauhnahuac?
(a) A festival.
(b) A midnight church service.
(c) A sacrifice.
(d) A lunar eclipse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the consul compare his nerves to when he doesn't have alcohol?
2. What have both Hugh and Yvonne been doing over the past year?
3. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
4. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
5. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)