|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Laruelle first meet the consul?
(b) The United States.
2. Why must Yvonne and the consul pass up an invitation from the doctor?
(a) Because they burn the food they are supposed to bring.
(b) Because of his failing health.
(c) Because they are too poor to travel there.
(d) Because Yvonne is too distraught over her missing child.
3. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
4. Where does the consul go after speaking with Quincey?
(a) He flees the country.
(b) Yvonne's new apartment.
(c) Into the sewers to hide from the rebels.
5. What item was confiscated by the border guards?
(a) Hugh's favorite book.
(b) Hugh's secret gun stash.
(c) Hugh's clothes.
(d) A very large stash of cash.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
2. What happened to the consul before he could track down his wife on the night she left him?
3. What is the consul attempting -- albeit badly -- to impress Yvonne with?
4. What does the man offer the consul after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
5. With whom does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)