|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the book the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
(a) It is very, very old.
(b) None of these items is correct.
(c) It had also been lent to the consul.
(d) It is written in Greek.
2. Where does the novel begin?
(b) Puerto Vallarta.
3. What are the women doing that the consul draws Yvonne's attention to when she first sees him again?
(b) Playing dominoes.
(c) Trying to sell fresh bread.
(d) Weaving a beautiful tapestry.
4. Where has Hugh been living while on assignment?
(a) An England castle.
(b) An American cattle ranch.
(c) A school.
(d) A hospital.
5. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
(a) Familiar landmarks.
(b) The many buildings that he owns.
(c) Sites of great battles that he won.
(d) Places his friends used to live before they all died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hugh come to visit Yvonne?
2. What are Hugh and Yvonne discussing when they come across the brewery?
3. Where has Hugh returned from when he first meets Yvonne?
4. How does the consul remember his childhood?
5. Where do Yvonne and Hugh first go for a walk?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)