|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugh drink in the brewery?
(a) A whiskey.
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) A beer.
(d) Nothing -- he is afraid of becoming like his brother.
2. What does someone make fun of the consul for during his walk with Yvonne back to their house once she has returned?
(a) For his ugliness.
(b) For his limp.
(c) For his out-of-date shoes.
(d) For his bad Spanish.
3. Where does Yvonne want to go after visiting the consul?
(a) A ranch in Hawaii.
(b) A big city in America.
(c) A farm in Canada.
(d) A castle in Spain.
4. Where did Laruelle first meet the consul?
(a) The United States.
5. What word could best be used to describe how the consul moves about town while Yvonne is out with Hugh?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yvonne initially seem to bring to the consul's life?
2. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
3. What event is happening when the novel beings?
4. What branch of military service did the consul once serve in?
5. What does the man offer the consul after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)