|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Quincey ask the consul about?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
2. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
(b) The mayor's.
(c) Yvonne's mother's.
3. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it is an ancient word for "fertility."
(b) That it means where the sun never sets.
(c) That it means cold mountain water.
(d) That it means painted mountain.
4. Of what does the consul try to convince Quincey?
(a) That he has given up drinking.
(b) That he has a lot of money in his pockets.
(c) That Yvonne is returning and will never leave again.
(d) That Yvonne is pregnant.
5. What do Monsieur Laruelle and the doctor discuss about Geoffrey in Chapter 1?
(a) That he is the wisest man in town.
(b) That he is a very wealthy man.
(c) That he is a raging alcoholic.
(d) That he should get married soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the consul served for breakfast upon Yvonne's return?
2. What event is happening when the novel beings?
3. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
4. Where do Yvonne and Hugh end their ride together?
5. Where has Hugh been living while on assignment?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)