|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the consul stop to compose himself on his way home to meet Yvonne?
(a) A library.
(b) A palace.
(c) A garden.
(d) A dirty alleyway.
2. What does Yvonne drink in the brewery?
(a) A whiskey.
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) A beer.
(d) Nothing -- she is afraid of becoming like her husband.
3. Who approaches Quincey and the consul while they are talking?
(a) A wild and rabid dog.
(c) A deranged man.
(d) The doctor.
4. What is Hugh wearing the first time he sees Yvonne upon her return?
(a) A police officer's outfit.
(b) A Mexican cowboy outfit.
(c) His pajamas.
(d) A silk suit she gave him many years ago.
5. Who is selling the animal that Yvonne wants at the brewery?
(a) An old girlfriend of the consul's.
(b) The bar owner who is really quite mean.
(c) An old student of Yvonne's.
(d) A young girl who lives there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the consul compare his nerves to when he doesn't have alcohol?
2. In which city did the consul and Yvonne have their last date before she left him?
3. What does the consul remember after he leaves Quincey's house?
4. What day is it when the novel opens?
5. What are Hugh and Yvonne discussing when they come across the brewery?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)