|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Yvonne born?
2. What does the consul hallucinate and see his bathtub filled with?
(d) Boiling water.
3. Who is Quincey?
(a) The homeless man who lives in the alley.
(b) The manager of the palace.
(c) The owner of the garden.
(d) The librarian of the city.
4. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
(a) A less potent whiskey.
(b) A stronger beer.
(c) A stronger whiskey.
(d) A less potent beer.
5. Where does the novel begin?
(d) Puerto Vallarta.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long can the consul go without alcohol before feeling the effects of his withdrawal?
2. What animal do Hugh and Yvonne keep passing during their excursion together?
3. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
4. Where has Hugh been living while on assignment?
5. What interrupts Yvonne and the consul's first conversation upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)