|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city did the consul and Yvonne have their last date before she left him?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Mexico City.
2. Why does Yvonne end up not buying the animal she wants at the brewery?
(a) Because the consul has taken all of her money.
(b) Because another patron outbids her during the auction.
(c) Because the animal bites her.
(d) Because the price is too high.
3. What does the doctor advise Laruelle to do when they depart in Chapter 1?
(a) Go to the hospital right away.
(b) Take two aspirin and call him in the morning.
(c) Go out for the evening.
(d) Move to a warmer climate.
4. Who is Quincey?
(a) The homeless man who lives in the alley.
(b) The manager of the palace.
(c) The owner of the garden.
(d) The librarian of the city.
5. What does Yvonne do once she arrives back at the consul's house?
(a) Takes a bath.
(b) Leaves immediately.
(c) Throws herself off the balcony.
(d) Starts breaking dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the consul briefly consider switching alcohols after he has fallen down?
2. What animal does Hugh rent for him and Yvonne during their walk?
3. What is Hugh wearing the first time he sees Yvonne upon her return?
4. What does the consul compare his nerves to when he doesn't have alcohol?
5. When did Laruelle first meet the consul?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)