|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That just uttering the word can give you magical powers.
(b) That it means where the eagle stops.
(c) That it means land of green snakes.
(d) That it means volcano of joy.
2. Where did Yvonne and the consul have their last date before Yvonne left him?
(a) The symphony.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A cantina.
(d) A library.
3. What does the consul constantly hear in his head?
(a) The screeching of a train.
(b) His mother.
(d) Dogs barking.
4. Where did Laruelle first meet the consul?
(d) The United States.
5. How does Yvonne feel when she returns to her home?
(a) Furious at her terrible new boss.
(c) Sad about her dead baby.
(d) Confused about her new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
2. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
3. How long can the consul go without alcohol before feeling the effects of his withdrawal?
4. In which city did the consul and Yvonne have their last date before she left him?
5. What is the subject of the book that the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)