|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Yvonne and the consul have their last date before Yvonne left him?
(a) A hotel.
(b) The symphony.
(c) A library.
(d) A cantina.
2. What does Yvonne do once she arrives back at the consul's house?
(a) Takes a bath.
(b) Starts breaking dishes.
(c) Throws herself off the balcony.
(d) Leaves immediately.
3. What happened to the consul before he could track down his wife on the night she left him?
(a) The government was overthrown.
(b) He broke his ankle.
(c) He passed out.
(d) He was arrested.
4. When was "Under the Volcano" written?
5. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
(a) A very large statute of herself in a beautiful gown.
(b) A very large statue of the child that they had that died.
(c) This is a trick question -- she doesn't bring him a large gift.
(d) A very large statue of himself in military dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
2. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
3. Where does the novel begin?
4. What does the man offer the consul after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
5. What is the subject of the book that the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)