|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Yvonne born?
2. When was "Under the Volcano" written?
3. Where did Laruelle first meet the consul?
(c) The United States.
4. Why does the consul briefly consider switching alcohols after he has fallen down?
(a) To save money.
(b) Because he wants to try Yvonne's favorite drink.
(c) Because his favorite movie star drinks it in the movies.
(d) Because of its rumored vitamin properties.
5. What do Monsieur Laruelle and the doctor discuss about Geoffrey in Chapter 1?
(a) That he is a raging alcoholic.
(b) That he is a very wealthy man.
(c) That he is the wisest man in town.
(d) That he should get married soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the consul served for breakfast upon Yvonne's return?
2. What are the women doing that the consul draws Yvonne's attention to when she first sees him again?
3. Who is Hugh?
4. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
5. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)