|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
2. What event is happening when the novel beings?
(a) A graduation.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A festival.
3. What do Monsieur Laruelle and the doctor discuss about Geoffrey in Chapter 1?
(a) That he is the wisest man in town.
(b) That he is a very wealthy man.
(c) That he is a raging alcoholic.
(d) That he should get married soon.
4. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
(a) This is a trick question -- she doesn't bring him a large gift.
(b) A very large statue of himself in military dress.
(c) A very large statue of the child that they had that died.
(d) A very large statute of herself in a beautiful gown.
5. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
(a) We never find out.
(b) At night.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) In the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city did the consul and Yvonne have their last date before she left him?
2. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
3. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
4. What does Yvonne do once she arrives back at the consul's house?
5. Who is Yvonne?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)