|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor advise Laruelle to do when they depart in Chapter 1?
(a) Take two aspirin and call him in the morning.
(b) Go out for the evening.
(c) Go to the hospital right away.
(d) Move to a warmer climate.
2. Where did Yvonne and the consul have their last date before Yvonne left him?
(a) A cantina.
(b) The symphony.
(c) A library.
(d) A hotel.
3. What does the consul constantly hear in his head?
(a) The screeching of a train.
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) His mother.
4. Where does the novel begin?
(b) Puerto Vallarta.
5. How long has Yvonne been gone before she returns to Quauhnahuac?
(a) Five months.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
2. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
3. What is the second theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
4. For what company does Hugh work?
5. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)