|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does someone make fun of the consul for during his walk with Yvonne back to their house once she has returned?
(a) For his ugliness.
(b) For his out-of-date shoes.
(c) For his bad Spanish.
(d) For his limp.
2. When was "Under the Volcano" written?
3. In which city did the consul and Yvonne have their last date before she left him?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Mexico City.
4. Where does the novel begin?
(c) Puerto Vallarta.
5. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) The doctor.
(b) A ghost.
(c) His father.
(d) A man passing by.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
2. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
3. What event is happening when the novel beings?
4. What does Yvonne initially seem to bring to the consul's life?
5. What is the second theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)