|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
2. Where does the reader learn, in Chapter 1, that Laruelle is planning to go on a journey?
(a) The United States.
3. Where has Hugh been living while on assignment?
(a) A school.
(b) A hospital.
(c) An American cattle ranch.
(d) An England castle.
4. What event is happening when the novel beings?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A graduation.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A festival.
5. How long has Yvonne been gone before she returns to Quauhnahuac?
(a) Five years.
(b) One month.
(c) Five months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yvonne initially seem to bring to the consul's life?
2. Why does the consul briefly consider switching alcohols after he has fallen down?
3. What interrupts Yvonne and the consul's first conversation upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
4. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
5. What does the consul constantly hear in his head?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)