|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yvonne do once she arrives back at the consul's house?
(a) Starts breaking dishes.
(b) Leaves immediately.
(c) Throws herself off the balcony.
(d) Takes a bath.
2. What is unique about the book the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
(a) None of these items is correct.
(b) It had also been lent to the consul.
(c) It is written in Greek.
(d) It is very, very old.
3. What event is happening when the novel beings?
(a) A graduation.
(b) A festival.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A wedding.
4. What does someone make fun of the consul for during his walk with Yvonne back to their house once she has returned?
(a) For his out-of-date shoes.
(b) For his ugliness.
(c) For his limp.
(d) For his bad Spanish.
5. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
(a) The butcher.
(b) The driver.
(c) The maid.
(d) The painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the consul served for breakfast upon Yvonne's return?
2. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
3. Where was Yvonne born?
4. How long can the consul go without alcohol before feeling the effects of his withdrawal?
5. When was "Under the Volcano" written?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)