|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yvonne initially seem to bring to the consul's life?
2. What does Yvonne do once she arrives back at the consul's house?
(a) Leaves immediately.
(b) Throws herself off the balcony.
(c) Starts breaking dishes.
(d) Takes a bath.
3. What is the consul served for breakfast upon Yvonne's return?
(a) A whiskey.
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) A vodka.
(d) A beer.
4. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
(a) The mayor's.
(b) Yvonne's mother's.
5. Why does the consul briefly consider switching alcohols after he has fallen down?
(a) Because his favorite movie star drinks it in the movies.
(b) Because of its rumored vitamin properties.
(c) Because he wants to try Yvonne's favorite drink.
(d) To save money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
2. What is unique about the book the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
3. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
4. What is the subject of the book that the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
5. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)