|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Yvonne born?
2. What happened to the consul before he could track down his wife on the night she left him?
(a) He passed out.
(b) The government was overthrown.
(c) He broke his ankle.
(d) He was arrested.
3. Who is Yvonne?
(a) The consul's sister.
(b) The consul's mother.
(c) The consul's estranged wife.
(d) The consul's nurse.
4. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means cold mountain water.
(b) That it means where the sun never sets.
(c) That it is an ancient word for "fertility."
(d) That it means painted mountain.
5. How long has Yvonne been gone before she returns to Quauhnahuac?
(a) Five years.
(b) One month.
(c) Five months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the consul briefly consider switching alcohols after he has fallen down?
2. What event is happening when the novel beings?
3. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
4. Where did Yvonne and the consul have their last date before Yvonne left him?
5. What does the man offer the consul after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)