|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the consul constantly hear in his head?
(b) The screeching of a train.
(c) His mother.
(d) Dogs barking.
2. What day is it when the novel opens?
(c) Day of the Dead.
(d) Mexican Independence Day.
3. What is unique about the book the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
(a) It is very, very old.
(b) None of these items is correct.
(c) It is written in Greek.
(d) It had also been lent to the consul.
4. Where was Yvonne born?
5. Where does the novel begin?
(d) Puerto Vallarta.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the consul briefly consider switching alcohols after he has fallen down?
2. What is the consul served for breakfast upon Yvonne's return?
3. What event is happening when the novel beings?
4. What is the second theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
5. How long has Yvonne been gone before she returns to Quauhnahuac?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)