|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of the book that the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
(a) Romantic poetry.
(b) Modern art.
(d) Elizabethan plays.
2. What does the man offer the consul after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) A ride.
(b) A cane.
(c) To call an ambulance.
(d) A drink.
3. How does Yvonne feel when she returns to her home?
(a) Sad about her dead baby.
(b) Confused about her new job.
(d) Furious at her terrible new boss.
4. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) Because he is so drunk.
(b) Because someone trips him.
(c) Because someone shoots him.
(d) Because he has a bad leg.
5. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
2. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
3. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
4. Who is Yvonne?
5. What do Monsieur Laruelle and the doctor discuss about Geoffrey in Chapter 1?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)