|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is it when the novel opens?
(b) Mexican Independence Day.
(d) Day of the Dead.
2. Where has Hugh been living while on assignment?
(a) An England castle.
(b) A school.
(c) An American cattle ranch.
(d) A hospital.
3. What does the man offer the consul after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) A ride.
(b) A cane.
(c) A drink.
(d) To call an ambulance.
4. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
(a) A very large statue of himself in military dress.
(b) A very large statute of herself in a beautiful gown.
(c) A very large statue of the child that they had that died.
(d) This is a trick question -- she doesn't bring him a large gift.
5. How long can the consul go without alcohol before feeling the effects of his withdrawal?
(a) 5 seconds.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 25 minutes.
(d) 2 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What branch of military service did the consul once serve in?
2. Back at their home, what does the consul ask Yvonne about her stay in Quauhnahuac?
3. How does Yvonne feel when she returns to her home?
4. What interrupts Yvonne and the consul's first conversation upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
5. What does the doctor advise Laruelle to do when they depart in Chapter 1?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)