|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
(a) The many buildings that he owns.
(b) Places his friends used to live before they all died.
(c) Sites of great battles that he won.
(d) Familiar landmarks.
2. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) A man passing by.
(b) A ghost.
(c) His father.
(d) The doctor.
3. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) Because someone trips him.
(b) Because he has a bad leg.
(c) Because he is so drunk.
(d) Because someone shoots him.
4. What does Yvonne do once she arrives back at the consul's house?
(a) Takes a bath.
(b) Throws herself off the balcony.
(c) Starts breaking dishes.
(d) Leaves immediately.
5. What event is happening when the novel beings?
(a) A festival.
(b) A graduation.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Yvonne been gone before she returns to Quauhnahuac?
2. Where has Hugh been living while on assignment?
3. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
4. What does the man offer the consul after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
5. How did the consul feel after Yvonne initially left?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)