|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Yvonne born?
2. Where are Monsieur Laruelle and the local doctor talking when the novel beings?
(a) In a casino.
(b) In the doctor's office.
(c) In a church.
(d) Walking down the street.
3. What are the women doing that the consul draws Yvonne's attention to when she first sees him again?
(a) Weaving a beautiful tapestry.
(b) Trying to sell fresh bread.
(c) Playing dominoes.
4. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
(a) A very large statue of the child that they had that died.
(b) This is a trick question -- she doesn't bring him a large gift.
(c) A very large statue of himself in military dress.
(d) A very large statute of herself in a beautiful gown.
5. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
(a) We never find out.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) In the morning.
(d) At night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
2. What happened to the consul before he could track down his wife on the night she left him?
3. What does Laruelle find in the book the bartender returns to him?
4. What does someone make fun of the consul for during his walk with Yvonne back to their house once she has returned?
5. In which city did the consul and Yvonne have their last date before she left him?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)