|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what company does Hugh work?
(a) <i>El Mundo.</i>
(b) <i>The London Globe.</i>
(c) <i>The Boston Globe.</i>
(d) <i>The Madrid Daily.</i>
2. What is the subject of the book that the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
(a) Romantic poetry.
(b) Elizabethan plays.
(c) Modern art.
3. Where does the reader learn, in Chapter 1, that Laruelle is planning to go on a journey?
(a) The United States.
4. How long can the consul go without alcohol before feeling the effects of his withdrawal?
(a) 5 seconds.
(b) 25 minutes.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 hours.
5. When was "Under the Volcano" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
2. What are the women doing that the consul draws Yvonne's attention to when she first sees him again?
3. What does Yvonne do once she arrives back at the consul's house?
4. What does someone make fun of the consul for during his walk with Yvonne back to their house once she has returned?
5. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)