|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yvonne initially seem to bring to the consul's life?
2. What is the subject of the book that the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
(a) Modern art.
(c) Elizabethan plays.
(d) Romantic poetry.
3. When did Laruelle first meet the consul?
(a) During childhood.
(b) Several years ago.
(c) Just the other day.
(d) Exactly one year ago today.
4. Where does the novel begin?
(c) Puerto Vallarta.
5. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means cold mountain water.
(b) That it means painted mountain.
(c) That it is an ancient word for "fertility."
(d) That it means where the sun never sets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What branch of military service did the consul once serve in?
2. With whom does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
3. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
4. For what company does Hugh work?
5. Where does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)