|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means land of green snakes.
(b) That it means volcano of joy.
(c) That just uttering the word can give you magical powers.
(d) That it means where the eagle stops.
2. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
3. What is the subject of the book that the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
(b) Modern art.
(c) Romantic poetry.
(d) Elizabethan plays.
4. What does someone make fun of the consul for during his walk with Yvonne back to their house once she has returned?
(a) For his bad Spanish.
(b) For his limp.
(c) For his ugliness.
(d) For his out-of-date shoes.
5. With whom does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
(a) With a woman she doesn't know.
(b) With his favorite dog, Perrito.
(c) With many of his officers.
(d) With no one -- he is alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Laruelle first meet the consul?
2. What do Monsieur Laruelle and the doctor discuss about Geoffrey in Chapter 1?
3. Where does the novel begin?
4. What day is it when the novel opens?
5. Where does the reader learn, in Chapter 1, that Laruelle is planning to go on a journey?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)