|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
(a) This is a trick question -- she doesn't bring him a large gift.
(b) A very large statue of the child that they had that died.
(c) A very large statue of himself in military dress.
(d) A very large statute of herself in a beautiful gown.
2. Who is Yvonne?
(a) The consul's estranged wife.
(b) The consul's sister.
(c) The consul's mother.
(d) The consul's nurse.
3. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
(a) Places his friends used to live before they all died.
(b) Sites of great battles that he won.
(c) The many buildings that he owns.
(d) Familiar landmarks.
4. What does someone make fun of the consul for during his walk with Yvonne back to their house once she has returned?
(a) For his ugliness.
(b) For his limp.
(c) For his bad Spanish.
(d) For his out-of-date shoes.
5. What does Yvonne initially seem to bring to the consul's life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
2. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
3. How does Yvonne feel when she returns to her home?
4. How long has Yvonne been gone before she returns to Quauhnahuac?
5. What is the second theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)