|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the women doing that the consul draws Yvonne's attention to when she first sees him again?
(a) Trying to sell fresh bread.
(b) Weaving a beautiful tapestry.
(c) Playing dominoes.
2. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means where the sun never sets.
(b) That it means cold mountain water.
(c) That it means painted mountain.
(d) That it is an ancient word for "fertility."
3. For what company does Hugh work?
(a) El Mundo.
(b) The Madrid Daily.
(c) The Boston Globe.
(d) The London Globe.
4. When did Laruelle first meet the consul?
(a) Just the other day.
(b) During childhood.
(c) Exactly one year ago today.
(d) Several years ago.
5. Where does the reader learn, in Chapter 1, that Laruelle is planning to go on a journey?
(c) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
2. Who is Hugh?
3. Who is Yvonne?
4. What interrupts Yvonne and the consul's first conversation upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
5. Where are Monsieur Laruelle and the local doctor talking when the novel beings?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)