|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Laruelle first meet the consul?
(a) Just the other day.
(b) Several years ago.
(c) Exactly one year ago today.
(d) During childhood.
2. What is the second theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means volcano of joy.
(b) That it means land of green snakes.
(c) That it means where the eagle stops.
(d) That just uttering the word can give you magical powers.
3. What does Laruelle find in the book the bartender returns to him?
(a) Letters from the consul that he never sent.
(b) A copy of the consul's will.
(c) A letter from Yvonne.
(d) A $100 bill.
4. What do Monsieur Laruelle and the doctor discuss about Geoffrey in Chapter 1?
(a) That he is a very wealthy man.
(b) That he is a raging alcoholic.
(c) That he should get married soon.
(d) That he is the wisest man in town.
5. Where has Hugh been living while on assignment?
(a) A school.
(b) An England castle.
(c) An American cattle ranch.
(d) A hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the women doing that the consul draws Yvonne's attention to when she first sees him again?
2. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
3. Where are Monsieur Laruelle and the local doctor talking when the novel beings?
4. Where does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
5. Who is Yvonne?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)