|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Hugh been living while on assignment?
(a) An American cattle ranch.
(b) A school.
(c) An England castle.
(d) A hospital.
2. Where does the reader learn, in Chapter 1, that Laruelle is planning to go on a journey?
(c) The United States.
3. For what company does Hugh work?
(a) El Mundo.
(b) The Boston Globe.
(c) The London Globe.
(d) The Madrid Daily.
4. What are the women doing that the consul draws Yvonne's attention to when she first sees him again?
(a) Weaving a beautiful tapestry.
(b) Playing dominoes.
(c) Trying to sell fresh bread.
5. What do Monsieur Laruelle and the doctor discuss about Geoffrey in Chapter 1?
(a) That he is a raging alcoholic.
(b) That he is the wisest man in town.
(c) That he should get married soon.
(d) That he is a very wealthy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
2. When was "Under the Volcano" written?
3. What does someone make fun of the consul for during his walk with Yvonne back to their house once she has returned?
4. What does Laruelle find in the book the bartender returns to him?
5. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)