|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
(a) A very large statue of himself in military dress.
(b) A very large statue of the child that they had that died.
(c) A very large statute of herself in a beautiful gown.
(d) This is a trick question -- she doesn't bring him a large gift.
2. What does the doctor advise Laruelle to do when they depart in Chapter 1?
(a) Go out for the evening.
(b) Take two aspirin and call him in the morning.
(c) Move to a warmer climate.
(d) Go to the hospital right away.
3. Who is Yvonne?
(a) The consul's sister.
(b) The consul's nurse.
(c) The consul's estranged wife.
(d) The consul's mother.
4. Where does the novel begin?
(b) Puerto Vallarta.
5. What are the women doing that the consul draws Yvonne's attention to when she first sees him again?
(a) Weaving a beautiful tapestry.
(c) Playing dominoes.
(d) Trying to sell fresh bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Under the Volcano" written?
2. With whom does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
3. What is unique about the book the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
4. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
5. How long has Laruelle been in Mexico?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)