|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
(a) This is a trick question -- she doesn't bring him a large gift.
(b) A very large statute of herself in a beautiful gown.
(c) A very large statue of himself in military dress.
(d) A very large statue of the child that they had that died.
2. For what company does Hugh work?
(a) The Boston Globe.
(b) El Mundo.
(c) The London Globe.
(d) The Madrid Daily.
3. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
4. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
(a) Yvonne's mother's.
(c) The mayor's.
5. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
(a) The many buildings that he owns.
(b) Sites of great battles that he won.
(c) Places his friends used to live before they all died.
(d) Familiar landmarks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yvonne initially seem to bring to the consul's life?
2. How long has Laruelle been in Mexico?
3. What does Laruelle find in the book the bartender returns to him?
4. What event is happening when the novel beings?
5. Who is Hugh?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)