|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means land of green snakes.
(b) That it means where the eagle stops.
(c) That it means volcano of joy.
(d) That just uttering the word can give you magical powers.
2. Where does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In his office.
(c) In a school.
(d) At home, in bed.
3. What does someone make fun of the consul for during his walk with Yvonne back to their house once she has returned?
(a) For his out-of-date shoes.
(b) For his ugliness.
(c) For his bad Spanish.
(d) For his limp.
4. What do Monsieur Laruelle and the doctor discuss about Geoffrey in Chapter 1?
(a) That he is a raging alcoholic.
(b) That he is a very wealthy man.
(c) That he should get married soon.
(d) That he is the wisest man in town.
5. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
(a) A very large statute of herself in a beautiful gown.
(b) A very large statue of himself in military dress.
(c) This is a trick question -- she doesn't bring him a large gift.
(d) A very large statue of the child that they had that died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is supposed to happen the first night Yvonne returns to Quauhnahuac?
2. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
3. Who is Yvonne?
4. Where has Hugh been living while on assignment?
5. Where does the reader learn, in Chapter 1, that Laruelle is planning to go on a journey?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)