|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event is happening when the novel beings?
(a) A graduation.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A festival.
(d) A wedding.
2. Where did Laruelle first meet the consul?
(a) The United States.
3. What does someone make fun of the consul for during his walk with Yvonne back to their house once she has returned?
(a) For his ugliness.
(b) For his out-of-date shoes.
(c) For his bad Spanish.
(d) For his limp.
4. For what company does Hugh work?
(a) <i>The Boston Globe.</i>
(b) <i>El Mundo.</i>
(c) <i>The London Globe.</i>
(d) <i>The Madrid Daily.</i>
5. What is the second theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means volcano of joy.
(b) That it means where the eagle stops.
(c) That just uttering the word can give you magical powers.
(d) That it means land of green snakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Laruelle first meet the consul?
2. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
3. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
4. Who is the author of "Under the Volcano"?
5. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)