|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
2. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means where the sun never sets.
(b) That it means painted mountain.
(c) That it is an ancient word for "fertility."
(d) That it means cold mountain water.
3. What do Monsieur Laruelle and the doctor discuss about Geoffrey in Chapter 1?
(a) That he is a very wealthy man.
(b) That he is a raging alcoholic.
(c) That he should get married soon.
(d) That he is the wisest man in town.
4. With whom does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
(a) With a woman she doesn't know.
(b) With many of his officers.
(c) With no one -- he is alone.
(d) With his favorite dog, Perrito.
5. Who is the author of "Under the Volcano"?
(a) Malcolm X.
(c) Malcolm Lowry.
(d) Janet Lowry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the novel begin?
2. What does Laruelle find in the book the bartender returns to him?
3. What event is happening when the novel beings?
4. What is unique about the book the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
5. What is the subject of the book that the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)