|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of the book that the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
(a) Modern art.
(b) Elizabethan plays.
(c) Romantic poetry.
2. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means painted mountain.
(b) That it means cold mountain water.
(c) That it means where the sun never sets.
(d) That it is an ancient word for "fertility."
3. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
4. How long has Laruelle been in Mexico?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
5. What interrupts Yvonne and the consul's first conversation upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
(a) An annoying housemaid.
(b) Other people yelling.
(c) Musicians outside the bedroom window.
(d) The sound of sirens going by.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yvonne initially seem to bring to the consul's life?
2. Where has Hugh been living while on assignment?
3. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
4. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
5. What event is supposed to happen the first night Yvonne returns to Quauhnahuac?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)