|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
(a) The many buildings that he owns.
(b) Sites of great battles that he won.
(c) Familiar landmarks.
(d) Places his friends used to live before they all died.
2. What branch of military service did the consul once serve in?
(a) The German navy.
(b) The German army.
(c) The British army.
(d) The British navy.
3. Who is Yvonne?
(a) The consul's estranged wife.
(b) The consul's nurse.
(c) The consul's mother.
(d) The consul's sister.
4. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
5. Where has Hugh been living while on assignment?
(a) An American cattle ranch.
(b) An England castle.
(c) A school.
(d) A hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Yvonne been gone before she returns to Quauhnahuac?
2. What does Yvonne initially seem to bring to the consul's life?
3. Where does the novel begin?
4. How does Yvonne feel when she returns to her home?
5. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)