|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the women doing that the consul draws Yvonne's attention to when she first sees him again?
(a) Weaving a beautiful tapestry.
(b) Playing dominoes.
(d) Trying to sell fresh bread.
2. How long has Yvonne been gone before she returns to Quauhnahuac?
(a) Five months.
(b) One month.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
3. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
(a) A very large statue of the child that they had that died.
(b) A very large statue of himself in military dress.
(c) This is a trick question -- she doesn't bring him a large gift.
(d) A very large statute of herself in a beautiful gown.
4. Who is the author of "Under the Volcano"?
(a) Malcolm Lowry.
(b) Janet Lowry.
(c) Malcolm X.
5. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laruelle find in the book the bartender returns to him?
2. How does Yvonne feel when she returns to her home?
3. What does someone make fun of the consul for during his walk with Yvonne back to their house once she has returned?
4. What event is happening when the novel beings?
5. What event is supposed to happen the first night Yvonne returns to Quauhnahuac?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)