|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Laruelle first meet the consul?
(a) The United States.
2. How long can the consul go without alcohol before feeling the effects of his withdrawal?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 5 seconds.
(c) 25 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
3. Back at their home, what does the consul ask Yvonne about her stay in Quauhnahuac?
(a) Where she will be sleeping.
(b) When the judge will grant their divorce.
(c) How much someone bribed her to talk to him.
(d) How long she will stay.
4. What does someone make fun of the consul for during his walk with Yvonne back to their house once she has returned?
(a) For his limp.
(b) For his bad Spanish.
(c) For his ugliness.
(d) For his out-of-date shoes.
5. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) Because someone shoots him.
(b) Because he is so drunk.
(c) Because someone trips him.
(d) Because he has a bad leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
2. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
3. Who is the author of "Under the Volcano"?
4. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
5. What does the doctor advise Laruelle to do when they depart in Chapter 1?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)