|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
(a) With a woman she doesn't know.
(b) With his favorite dog, Perrito.
(c) With many of his officers.
(d) With no one -- he is alone.
2. Why did Hugh want to go into music as a career?
(a) Because his father was a famous musician.
(b) Because his mother was a famous Spanish opera singer.
(c) Because he considers himself a musical genius.
(d) Because his father was a famous producer.
3. In his internal dialogue, to what does the consul compare staying at Laruelle's home?
(c) A nice, relaxing massage.
4. What makes the bull fight so unentertaining?
(a) There is no music.
(b) The bull has clearly been drugged.
(c) The bull refuses to fight.
(d) It is over in fewer than 30 seconds.
5. Of what does the consul try to convince Quincey?
(a) That he has given up drinking.
(b) That Yvonne is pregnant.
(c) That he has a lot of money in his pockets.
(d) That Yvonne is returning and will never leave again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yvonne do once she arrives back at the consul's house?
2. What animal do Hugh and Yvonne keep passing during their excursion together?
3. What does the consul imagine seeing while he listens to Hugh and Yvonne at the hotel?
4. What does the consul think he sees as the bus passes a park?
5. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)