|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) We never find out.
(c) In the morning.
(d) At night.
2. Where does the reader learn, in Chapter 1, that Laruelle is planning to go on a journey?
(b) The United States.
3. How long can the consul go without alcohol before feeling the effects of his withdrawal?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 5 seconds.
(c) 25 minutes.
(d) 2 days.
4. How does the consul remember his childhood?
(a) With rage.
(b) With terror.
(c) With nostalgia.
(d) With neither happiness nor sadness.
5. What does Hugh do in his earlier years in an attempt to elevate his celebrity?
(a) Take a vow of silence for 6 months.
(b) Marry a very famous actress.
(c) Refuse to get paid for his concerts.
(d) Take a job much beneath him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts Yvonne to start thinking of her own childhood?
2. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
3. What voices are the consul attempting to run from?
4. What does Hugh try to do to the trio's dynamics during the bus ride?
5. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)