|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drinks mescal at the hotel?
(a) The consul.
(b) No one -- it is too expensive.
2. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
(a) A very large statue of himself in military dress.
(b) A very large statute of herself in a beautiful gown.
(c) A very large statue of the child that they had that died.
(d) This is a trick question -- she doesn't bring him a large gift.
3. What word could best be used to describe how the consul moves about town while Yvonne is out with Hugh?
4. What does Hugh try to do to the trio's dynamics during the bus ride?
(a) Cause problems because he is secretly in love with Yvonne.
(b) Pray for focus.
(c) Relieve the tension.
(d) Help people understand the seriousness of their situation.
5. What insult does Laruelle unintentionally inflict upon Hugh?
(a) He calls him by the wrong name.
(b) He thinks he is much older than he really is.
(c) He thinks he is a woman.
(d) He thinks he is much younger than he really is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maximilian?
2. What does Hugh observe Yvonne and the consul doing on the bus?
3. What does Hugh learn about the food on a ship?
4. Why does Yvonne end up not buying the animal she wants at the brewery?
5. From where does the consul call for help when Hugh is over?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)