|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
(a) In his office.
(b) In a bar.
(c) In a school.
(d) At home, in bed.
2. Who is the author of "Under the Volcano"?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) Malcolm Lowry.
(d) Janet Lowry.
3. Why does the visitor arrive at Laruelle's house?
(a) Because he had a doctor's appointment.
(b) Because he had to drop off some medicine.
(c) Because he wants to check on the consul.
(d) Because they have a card game every Wednesday night.
4. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
5. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) The doctor.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A man passing by.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the novel begin?
2. How old is Hugh?
3. What is unique about the book the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
4. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
5. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)