|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Monsieur Laruelle and the local doctor talking when the novel beings?
(a) In the doctor's office.
(b) Walking down the street.
(c) In a casino.
(d) In a church.
2. How does the consul's adulthood compare to what he dreamed about as a boy?
(a) It is much happier than he thought.
(b) It is exactly as he thought.
(c) It is much more unhappy than he thought.
(d) He never thought he'd get to live this long.
3. What reason does the consul give about why they should not leave Laruelle's home so soon after they arrived (as Yvonne proposes)?
(a) Because the food is just too delicious to leave uneaten.
(b) Because he hasn't said his hellos.
(c) Because he hasn't had time to present them with gifts.
(d) Because he says it would be rude.
4. What do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul argue about over dinner at the hotel?
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) The existence of God.
(d) Local politics and world affairs.
5. Where does the bus stop for a bathroom break?
(a) A McDonald's.
(b) A shopping mall.
(c) The wilderness.
(d) A rest stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what company does Hugh work?
2. What is mescal?
3. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
4. How does Quincey respond to the consul?
5. What is unique about the book the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)