|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is selling the animal that Yvonne wants at the brewery?
(a) The bar owner who is really quite mean.
(b) A young girl who lives there.
(c) An old student of Yvonne's.
(d) An old girlfriend of the consul's.
2. Back at their home, what does the consul ask Yvonne about her stay in Quauhnahuac?
(a) How long she will stay.
(b) Where she will be sleeping.
(c) When the judge will grant their divorce.
(d) How much someone bribed her to talk to him.
3. How does Yvonne feel about the item that the mailman brings to Laruelle's house while she is over?
(b) She doesn't really care one way or the other.
4. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
(a) The butcher.
(b) The painter.
(c) The driver.
(d) The maid.
5. Where does the reader learn, in Chapter 1, that Laruelle is planning to go on a journey?
(a) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the consul briefly consider switching alcohols after he has fallen down?
2. What are Hugh and Yvonne discussing when they come across the brewery?
3. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
4. Why do Yvonne and Hugh make fun of the waitress at the hotel?
5. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)