|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That just uttering the word can give you magical powers.
(b) That it means land of green snakes.
(c) That it means volcano of joy.
(d) That it means where the eagle stops.
2. Where do Yvonne and Hugh end their ride together?
(a) At the movie theater.
(b) At some ancient ruins.
(c) At the edge of a cliff.
(d) At the top of the volcano.
3. What is the consul attempting -- albeit badly -- to impress Yvonne with?
(a) His elegance.
(b) His money.
(c) His self control.
(d) His power.
4. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
(a) The sun.
5. What voices are the consul attempting to run from?
(a) The voices of people yelling at him from windows.
(b) The voices in his head.
(c) The voices of his children.
(d) The voices of Yvonne and Hugh, which seem extra loud to him for some reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
2. What does Yvonne not want to see at the bull fight?
3. Why does Laruelle leave the consul alone in his own home?
4. What do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul argue about over dinner at the hotel?
5. Where does Yvonne want to go after visiting the consul?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)