|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Yvonne and Hugh make fun of the waitress at the hotel?
(a) Because she is laughing at really bad jokes.
(b) Because she is a bad waitress.
(c) Because she has poor English.
(d) Because she keeps spilling everything.
2. What event is happening when the novel beings?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A graduation.
(c) A festival.
(d) A wedding.
3. What is mescal?
(a) A local alcoholic beverage.
(b) A juice made from a cactus flower.
(c) A drink that is supposed to give you a lot of energy.
(d) A water with apparent mystical qualities.
4. Who jumps into the arena during the bullfight?
(b) The consul.
5. Why must Yvonne and the consul pass up an invitation from the doctor?
(a) Because they are too poor to travel there.
(b) Because they burn the food they are supposed to bring.
(c) Because of his failing health.
(d) Because Yvonne is too distraught over her missing child.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many drinks does it take for the consul to get steady on his feet after not drinking?
2. What does Hugh learn about the food on a ship?
3. How did the consul feel after Yvonne initially left?
4. What does Hugh think about himself growing up?
5. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)