|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul into his house after they all leave together?
(a) A mysterious old woman.
(c) The doctor.
2. What does someone make fun of the consul for during his walk with Yvonne back to their house once she has returned?
(a) For his bad Spanish.
(b) For his limp.
(c) For his ugliness.
(d) For his out-of-date shoes.
3. What does Yvonne tell the consul her hopes for them for the future are?
(a) To move away to Canada.
(b) To get remarried and try for children in Mexico.
(c) To sail off somewhere in a ship -- she doesn't care where.
(d) To relocate to Hawaii.
4. How does the consul remember his childhood?
(a) With neither happiness nor sadness.
(b) With terror.
(c) With nostalgia.
(d) With rage.
5. Why must Yvonne and the consul pass up an invitation from the doctor?
(a) Because they burn the food they are supposed to bring.
(b) Because of his failing health.
(c) Because Yvonne is too distraught over her missing child.
(d) Because they are too poor to travel there.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city did the consul and Yvonne have their last date before she left him?
2. What animal does Hugh rent for him and Yvonne during their walk?
3. How long has Laruelle been in Mexico?
4. What is mescal?
5. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)