|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back at their home, what does the consul ask Yvonne about her stay in Quauhnahuac?
(a) How much someone bribed her to talk to him.
(b) How long she will stay.
(c) When the judge will grant their divorce.
(d) Where she will be sleeping.
2. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
3. What does Lowry describe the train (that the bus passes) as doing during its rest in the landscape?
4. Who drinks mescal at the hotel?
(b) No one -- it is too expensive.
(d) The consul.
5. What does Yvonne do when she gets to the hotel with Hugh and the consul?
(a) Goes swimming.
(b) Orders room service.
(c) Takes a shower.
(d) Takes a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Hugh get after his attempts to become a famous musician fail?
2. Who does Yvonne notice seems to enjoy the bull fight the most?
3. How long can the consul go without alcohol before feeling the effects of his withdrawal?
4. Where are Monsieur Laruelle and the local doctor talking when the novel beings?
5. What does Laruelle find in the book the bartender returns to him?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)