|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the consul attempting -- albeit badly -- to impress Yvonne with?
(a) His elegance.
(b) His self control.
(c) His money.
(d) His power.
2. What is the second theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means where the eagle stops.
(b) That it means volcano of joy.
(c) That it means land of green snakes.
(d) That just uttering the word can give you magical powers.
3. What does Yvonne not want to see at the bull fight?
(a) Her old boyfriend.
(b) Poor children.
(c) Fried food.
4. What event is supposed to happen the first night Yvonne returns to Quauhnahuac?
(a) A lunar eclipse.
(b) A festival.
(c) A sacrifice.
(d) A midnight church service.
5. How has the consul reacted to Yvonne's childhood dreams?
(a) He says he supports her but then sabotages all her efforts behind her back.
(b) He supports them.
(c) He refuses to hear about them.
(d) He uses his connections to help her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yvonne end up not buying the animal she wants at the brewery?
2. How does the consul remember his childhood?
3. How long has Yvonne been gone before she returns to Quauhnahuac?
4. What does Hugh try to do to the trio's dynamics during the bus ride?
5. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)