|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the reader learn, in Chapter 1, that Laruelle is planning to go on a journey?
(b) The United States.
2. Who drinks mescal at the hotel?
(c) No one -- it is too expensive.
(d) The consul.
3. How does Hugh react to Yvonne's request to leave Laruelle's home?
(a) He wants to stay.
(b) He wants to accompany her out.
(c) He slaps her in an attempt to establish his authority.
(d) He ignores her requests.
4. What animal do Hugh and Yvonne keep passing during their excursion together?
(a) A rattlesnake.
(b) The same goat.
(c) A very slow turtle.
(d) A dead dove.
5. Of what does the consul try to convince Quincey?
(a) That Yvonne is pregnant.
(b) That he has a lot of money in his pockets.
(c) That he has given up drinking.
(d) That Yvonne is returning and will never leave again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many drinks does it take for the consul to get steady on his feet after not drinking?
2. How does Yvonne keep herself busy during the bull fight?
3. What kind of music do Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul listen to during dinner?
4. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
5. Where does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)