|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many drinks does it take for the consul to get steady on his feet after not drinking?
(b) Just one.
(d) Too many to count.
2. How did the consul feel after Yvonne initially left?
(a) He was filled with rage.
(b) He didn't really care.
(c) He missed her.
(d) He was so drunk that he didn't even notice she left.
3. Who is the author of "Under the Volcano"?
(a) Janet Lowry.
(c) Malcolm Lowry.
(d) Malcolm X.
4. Where are Monsieur Laruelle and the local doctor talking when the novel beings?
(a) Walking down the street.
(b) In a casino.
(c) In the doctor's office.
(d) In a church.
5. How does Yvonne feel about attending the bull fight?
(a) She doesn't want to.
(b) She has already bet against the bull and can't wait for the fight.
(c) She just wants to go shopping instead.
(d) She is excited about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Hugh rent for him and Yvonne during their walk?
2. What Biblical allusion does the consul use after the trio's bus ride?
3. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
4. Where does Hugh come to visit Yvonne?
5. What does Yvonne notice during the bus ride with the consul and Hugh?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)