|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mailman bring to Laruelle's house while Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul are visiting?
(a) A letter Yvonne wrote over a year ago.
(b) A notice that the consul has been fired.
(c) News that the government has been overthrown.
(d) A letter letting Yvonne know that her mother has died.
2. How did the consul feel after Yvonne initially left?
(a) He didn't really care.
(b) He missed her.
(c) He was filled with rage.
(d) He was so drunk that he didn't even notice she left.
3. What are the women doing that the consul draws Yvonne's attention to when she first sees him again?
(a) Weaving a beautiful tapestry.
(b) Trying to sell fresh bread.
(d) Playing dominoes.
4. What word could best be used to describe how the consul moves about town while Yvonne is out with Hugh?
5. In which city did the consul and Yvonne have their last date before she left him?
(b) Mexico City.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the consul give about why they should not leave Laruelle's home so soon after they arrived (as Yvonne proposes)?
2. Where does the novel begin?
3. How old is Hugh?
4. What does Yvonne tell the consul her hopes for them for the future are?
5. How does the consul remember his childhood?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)