|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches Quincey and the consul while they are talking?
(b) A wild and rabid dog.
(c) The doctor.
(d) A deranged man.
2. What word could best be used to describe how the consul moves about town while Yvonne is out with Hugh?
3. Where does Yvonne want to go after visiting the consul?
(a) A castle in Spain.
(b) A big city in America.
(c) A farm in Canada.
(d) A ranch in Hawaii.
4. What reason does the consul give about why they should not leave Laruelle's home so soon after they arrived (as Yvonne proposes)?
(a) Because he hasn't said his hellos.
(b) Because he says it would be rude.
(c) Because he hasn't had time to present them with gifts.
(d) Because the food is just too delicious to leave uneaten.
5. Of what does the consul try to convince Quincey?
(a) That Yvonne is pregnant.
(b) That he has a lot of money in his pockets.
(c) That he has given up drinking.
(d) That Yvonne is returning and will never leave again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugh do in his earlier years in an attempt to elevate his celebrity?
2. What does the doctor advise Laruelle to do when they depart in Chapter 1?
3. What final reason does Yvonne give about why she wants to leave Laruelle's home?
4. What does the consul compare his nerves to when he doesn't have alcohol?
5. How does the consul leave the hotel restaurant?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)