|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back at their home, what does the consul ask Yvonne about her stay in Quauhnahuac?
(a) How much someone bribed her to talk to him.
(b) Where she will be sleeping.
(c) How long she will stay.
(d) When the judge will grant their divorce.
2. How could Hugh, the consul, and Yvonne's visit to Laruelle best be described?
3. Where does the bus stop for a bathroom break?
(a) The wilderness.
(b) A McDonald's.
(c) A shopping mall.
(d) A rest stop.
4. What does Yvonne notice during the bus ride with the consul and Hugh?
(a) All the handsome men without girlfriends.
(b) How handsome the consul is.
(c) All of the cute children.
(d) Movie posters.
5. What is unique about the book the bartender returns to Laruelle in Chapter 1?
(a) It is written in Greek.
(b) It had also been lent to the consul.
(c) It is very, very old.
(d) None of these items is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
2. Where was Yvonne born?
3. What does Hugh try to do to the trio's dynamics during the bus ride?
4. Where does Hugh go after he returns home from his sea voyage?
5. What does Hugh do when he gets to the hotel with Yvonne and the consul?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)