|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the consul briefly consider switching alcohols after he has fallen down?
(a) Because he wants to try Yvonne's favorite drink.
(b) Because his favorite movie star drinks it in the movies.
(c) Because of its rumored vitamin properties.
(d) To save money.
2. What are Hugh and Yvonne discussing when they come across the brewery?
(a) Current movies.
(b) What each wants for dinner that night.
(c) Old movies.
(d) Their favorite author.
3. Who is selling the animal that Yvonne wants at the brewery?
(a) The bar owner who is really quite mean.
(b) An old girlfriend of the consul's.
(c) An old student of Yvonne's.
(d) A young girl who lives there.
4. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
(c) Yvonne's mother's.
(d) The mayor's.
5. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
2. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
3. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
4. What happened to the consul before he could track down his wife on the night she left him?
5. How did the consul feel after Yvonne initially left?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)