|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
(b) The mayor's.
(c) Yvonne's mother's.
2. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
3. When did Laruelle first meet the consul?
(a) During childhood.
(b) Exactly one year ago today.
(c) Just the other day.
(d) Several years ago.
4. What does Hugh drink in the brewery?
(a) A beer.
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) A whiskey.
(d) Nothing -- he is afraid of becoming like his brother.
5. What does someone make fun of the consul for during his walk with Yvonne back to their house once she has returned?
(a) For his bad Spanish.
(b) For his limp.
(c) For his ugliness.
(d) For his out-of-date shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item was confiscated by the border guards?
2. Where does the reader learn, in Chapter 1, that Laruelle is planning to go on a journey?
3. Who is Hugh?
4. What does the doctor advise Laruelle to do when they depart in Chapter 1?
5. Back at their home, what does the consul ask Yvonne about her stay in Quauhnahuac?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)