|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
(a) In his office.
(b) In a school.
(c) In a bar.
(d) At home, in bed.
2. Back at their home, what does the consul ask Yvonne about her stay in Quauhnahuac?
(a) How long she will stay.
(b) Where she will be sleeping.
(c) How much someone bribed her to talk to him.
(d) When the judge will grant their divorce.
3. What have both Hugh and Yvonne been doing over the past year?
(b) Running from the law.
(c) Falling in love with someone else.
(d) Trying to plot against the consul.
4. Why does the consul briefly consider switching alcohols after he has fallen down?
(a) Because his favorite movie star drinks it in the movies.
(b) Because of its rumored vitamin properties.
(c) To save money.
(d) Because he wants to try Yvonne's favorite drink.
5. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) Because someone trips him.
(b) Because he is so drunk.
(c) Because he has a bad leg.
(d) Because someone shoots him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yvonne and the consul have their last date before Yvonne left him?
2. Where does the novel begin?
3. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
4. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
5. What branch of military service did the consul once serve in?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)