|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the consul briefly consider switching alcohols after he has fallen down?
(a) Because he wants to try Yvonne's favorite drink.
(b) Because his favorite movie star drinks it in the movies.
(c) To save money.
(d) Because of its rumored vitamin properties.
2. Where has Hugh returned from when he first meets Yvonne?
(a) The Nicaraguan border.
(b) The Canadian border.
(c) The Spanish border.
(d) The American border.
3. What are the women doing that the consul draws Yvonne's attention to when she first sees him again?
(a) Trying to sell fresh bread.
(b) Playing dominoes.
(c) Weaving a beautiful tapestry.
4. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
(a) The driver.
(b) The maid.
(c) The painter.
(d) The butcher.
5. Where does Yvonne want to go after visiting the consul?
(a) A ranch in Hawaii.
(b) A big city in America.
(c) A castle in Spain.
(d) A farm in Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is supposed to happen the first night Yvonne returns to Quauhnahuac?
2. What item was confiscated by the border guards?
3. In which city did the consul and Yvonne have their last date before she left him?
4. What animal do Hugh and Yvonne keep passing during their excursion together?
5. Where does Hugh first see Yvonne?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)