|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yvonne drink in the brewery?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) Nothing -- she is afraid of becoming like her husband.
(c) A beer.
(d) A whiskey.
2. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
(a) In the morning.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) At night.
(d) We never find out.
3. Where did Yvonne and the consul have their last date before Yvonne left him?
(a) A library.
(b) A cantina.
(c) The symphony.
(d) A hotel.
4. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
(a) Places his friends used to live before they all died.
(b) The many buildings that he owns.
(c) Familiar landmarks.
(d) Sites of great battles that he won.
5. What day is it when the novel opens?
(a) Mexican Independence Day.
(c) Day of the Dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the consul constantly hear in his head?
2. Where are Monsieur Laruelle and the local doctor talking when the novel beings?
3. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
4. What does the man offer the consul after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
5. Where does Hugh come to visit Yvonne?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)