|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the consul constantly hear in his head?
(a) His mother.
(b) The screeching of a train.
(d) Dogs barking.
2. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
(a) A very large statue of himself in military dress.
(b) A very large statute of herself in a beautiful gown.
(c) This is a trick question -- she doesn't bring him a large gift.
(d) A very large statue of the child that they had that died.
3. What is the consul served for breakfast upon Yvonne's return?
(a) A whiskey.
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) A beer.
(d) A vodka.
4. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
(a) A less potent whiskey.
(b) A less potent beer.
(c) A stronger beer.
(d) A stronger whiskey.
5. What item was confiscated by the border guards?
(a) Hugh's favorite book.
(b) A very large stash of cash.
(c) Hugh's clothes.
(d) Hugh's secret gun stash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does Yvonne try to buy at the brewery?
2. Where does Yvonne want to go after visiting the consul?
3. Where has Hugh returned from when he first meets Yvonne?
4. What does Yvonne do once she arrives back at the consul's house?
5. Where are Monsieur Laruelle and the local doctor talking when the novel beings?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)