|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
(a) In the morning.
(b) At night.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) We never find out.
2. Where does Yvonne want to go after visiting the consul?
(a) A farm in Canada.
(b) A castle in Spain.
(c) A big city in America.
(d) A ranch in Hawaii.
3. Back at their home, what does the consul ask Yvonne about her stay in Quauhnahuac?
(a) When the judge will grant their divorce.
(b) Where she will be sleeping.
(c) How long she will stay.
(d) How much someone bribed her to talk to him.
4. What does Yvonne drink in the brewery?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) Nothing -- she is afraid of becoming like her husband.
(c) A whiskey.
(d) A beer.
5. What does Yvonne do once she arrives back at the consul's house?
(a) Throws herself off the balcony.
(b) Takes a bath.
(c) Starts breaking dishes.
(d) Leaves immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Hugh been living while on assignment?
2. Where does the novel begin?
3. Where does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
4. When was "Under the Volcano" written?
5. What animal does Hugh rent for him and Yvonne during their walk?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)