|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yvonne end up not buying the animal she wants at the brewery?
(a) Because the consul has taken all of her money.
(b) Because another patron outbids her during the auction.
(c) Because the animal bites her.
(d) Because the price is too high.
2. What branch of military service did the consul once serve in?
(a) The British navy.
(b) The German navy.
(c) The German army.
(d) The British army.
3. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
(a) Yvonne's mother's.
(d) The mayor's.
4. What does Yvonne initially seem to bring to the consul's life?
5. How did the consul feel after Yvonne initially left?
(a) He was filled with rage.
(b) He was so drunk that he didn't even notice she left.
(c) He missed her.
(d) He didn't really care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor advise Laruelle to do when they depart in Chapter 1?
2. What animal does Hugh rent for him and Yvonne during their walk?
3. What are Hugh and Yvonne discussing when they come across the brewery?
4. Where does Hugh first see Yvonne?
5. When was "Under the Volcano" written?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)