|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Under the Volcano"?
(a) Malcolm Lowry.
(b) Janet Lowry.
(c) Malcolm X.
2. Who is selling the animal that Yvonne wants at the brewery?
(a) An old girlfriend of the consul's.
(b) The bar owner who is really quite mean.
(c) An old student of Yvonne's.
(d) A young girl who lives there.
3. What is Hugh wearing the first time he sees Yvonne upon her return?
(a) His pajamas.
(b) A silk suit she gave him many years ago.
(c) A Mexican cowboy outfit.
(d) A police officer's outfit.
4. Where has Hugh returned from when he first meets Yvonne?
(a) The American border.
(b) The Canadian border.
(c) The Spanish border.
(d) The Nicaraguan border.
5. What interrupts Yvonne and the consul's first conversation upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
(a) The sound of sirens going by.
(b) Other people yelling.
(c) Musicians outside the bedroom window.
(d) An annoying housemaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is it when the novel opens?
2. Where does the reader learn, in Chapter 1, that Laruelle is planning to go on a journey?
3. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
4. Why does the consul briefly consider switching alcohols after he has fallen down?
5. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)