|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city did the consul and Yvonne have their last date before she left him?
(c) Mexico City.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. Who is Hugh?
(a) The consul's father.
(b) The consul's brother.
(c) The consul's doctor.
(d) The consul's son.
3. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means where the sun never sets.
(b) That it means painted mountain.
(c) That it is an ancient word for "fertility."
(d) That it means cold mountain water.
4. What kind of animal does Yvonne try to buy at the brewery?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A kitten.
(d) An armadillo.
5. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
(a) The many buildings that he owns.
(b) Places his friends used to live before they all died.
(c) Sites of great battles that he won.
(d) Familiar landmarks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hugh wearing the first time he sees Yvonne upon her return?
2. What does the man offer the consul after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
3. What does someone make fun of the consul for during his walk with Yvonne back to their house once she has returned?
4. How long has Laruelle been in Mexico?
5. When was "Under the Volcano" written?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)