|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Yvonne and Hugh first go for a walk?
(a) In the cold mountains.
(b) Along the beach.
(c) In the hot jungle.
(d) In the countryside.
2. What does the doctor advise Laruelle to do when they depart in Chapter 1?
(a) Go out for the evening.
(b) Move to a warmer climate.
(c) Take two aspirin and call him in the morning.
(d) Go to the hospital right away.
3. What day is it when the novel opens?
(b) Mexican Independence Day.
(d) Day of the Dead.
4. Why does the consul briefly consider switching alcohols after he has fallen down?
(a) Because of its rumored vitamin properties.
(b) Because he wants to try Yvonne's favorite drink.
(c) Because his favorite movie star drinks it in the movies.
(d) To save money.
5. How does Yvonne feel when she returns to her home?
(a) Sad about her dead baby.
(c) Confused about her new job.
(d) Furious at her terrible new boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does Yvonne try to buy at the brewery?
2. Where do Yvonne and Hugh end their ride together?
3. What does Yvonne drink in the brewery?
4. What year is it in the novel when the story starts?
5. What does Hugh drink in the brewery?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)