|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugh do in his earlier years in an attempt to elevate his celebrity?
(a) Marry a very famous actress.
(b) Refuse to get paid for his concerts.
(c) Take a vow of silence for 6 months.
(d) Take a job much beneath him.
2. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
(a) At night.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) In the morning.
(d) We never find out.
3. What does Laruelle comment on in regard to the consul's behavior?
(a) His amazing wealth.
(b) His lack of excitement about Yvonne's return.
(c) His lack of involvement in the town's messy politics.
(d) He fine and beautiful clothes.
4. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
(a) A very large statue of himself in military dress.
(b) A very large statute of herself in a beautiful gown.
(c) This is a trick question -- she doesn't bring him a large gift.
(d) A very large statue of the child that they had that died.
5. In his internal dialogue, to what does the consul compare staying at Laruelle's home?
(b) A nice, relaxing massage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hugh wearing the first time he sees Yvonne upon her return?
2. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
3. Where did Yvonne and the consul have their last date before Yvonne left him?
4. Why does the visitor arrive at Laruelle's house?
5. In which city did the consul and Yvonne have their last date before she left him?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)