|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugh learn about the food on a ship?
(a) That it is often infested with maggots.
(b) That it is just awful.
(c) That it is often infested with rats.
(d) That is it much better than he expected.
2. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means where the sun never sets.
(b) That it is an ancient word for "fertility."
(c) That it means cold mountain water.
(d) That it means painted mountain.
3. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
(a) The driver.
(b) The butcher.
(c) The maid.
(d) The painter.
4. What is the second theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means volcano of joy.
(b) That just uttering the word can give you magical powers.
(c) That it means land of green snakes.
(d) That it means where the eagle stops.
5. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
(a) We never find out.
(b) At night.
(c) In the morning.
(d) In the afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hugh wearing the first time he sees Yvonne upon her return?
2. Where was Yvonne born?
3. Where does Hugh go after he returns home from his sea voyage?
4. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
5. What does Hugh drink in the brewery?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)