|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yvonne feel when she returns to her home?
(b) Furious at her terrible new boss.
(c) Confused about her new job.
(d) Sad about her dead baby.
2. From where does the consul call for help when Hugh is over?
(a) The garden.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bath.
(d) The basement.
3. What job does Hugh get after his attempts to become a famous musician fail?
(a) He sets off as a pirate on his father's ship.
(b) He commissions a ship to look for treasure.
(c) He works on the crew of a ship.
(d) He captains his own ship.
4. How long can the consul go without alcohol before feeling the effects of his withdrawal?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 5 seconds.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 hours.
5. Where has Hugh been living while on assignment?
(a) A hospital.
(b) An England castle.
(c) An American cattle ranch.
(d) A school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hugh go after he returns home from his sea voyage?
2. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
3. How does Hugh react to Yvonne's request to leave Laruelle's home?
4. What reason does the consul give about why they should not leave Laruelle's home so soon after they arrived (as Yvonne proposes)?
5. Why does the visitor arrive at Laruelle's house?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)