|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugh do in his earlier years in an attempt to elevate his celebrity?
(a) Take a job much beneath him.
(b) Refuse to get paid for his concerts.
(c) Marry a very famous actress.
(d) Take a vow of silence for 6 months.
2. Where does Hugh go after he returns home from his sea voyage?
3. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) Because he is so drunk.
(b) Because someone shoots him.
(c) Because he has a bad leg.
(d) Because someone trips him.
4. What are Hugh and Yvonne discussing when they come across the brewery?
(a) Old movies.
(b) What each wants for dinner that night.
(c) Their favorite author.
(d) Current movies.
5. In his internal dialogue, to what does the consul compare staying at Laruelle's home?
(d) A nice, relaxing massage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many drinks does it take for the consul to get steady on his feet after not drinking?
2. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
3. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
4. Who is Maximilian?
5. What does Yvonne do once she arrives back at the consul's house?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)