|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal does Yvonne try to buy at the brewery?
(a) An armadillo.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A parrot.
2. What animal do Hugh and Yvonne keep passing during their excursion together?
(a) A rattlesnake.
(b) A dead dove.
(c) The same goat.
(d) A very slow turtle.
3. What does Hugh think about himself growing up?
(a) That he did so too early for a young man like himself.
(b) That it is time for him to do so.
(c) That he will never have to do so.
(d) That he missed his chance to do so.
4. Which member of the visiting trio stays behind at Laruelle's home?
(c) All of these answers is correct.
(d) The consul.
5. What interrupts Yvonne and the consul's first conversation upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
(a) Other people yelling.
(b) The sound of sirens going by.
(c) Musicians outside the bedroom window.
(d) An annoying housemaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugh learn about the sailors on his ship?
2. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
3. Where does the consul plan to meet Hugh and Yvonne after all three have been at Laruelle's house?
4. Why does the consul briefly consider switching alcohols after he has fallen down?
5. What reason does the consul give about why they should not leave Laruelle's home so soon after they arrived (as Yvonne proposes)?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)