|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugh think about himself growing up?
(a) That it is time for him to do so.
(b) That he did so too early for a young man like himself.
(c) That he missed his chance to do so.
(d) That he will never have to do so.
2. What was Hugh hoping his music career would bring him?
(a) The approval of his parents.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Fame and fortune.
(d) Lots of women.
3. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
(a) A less potent whiskey.
(b) A less potent beer.
(c) A stronger beer.
(d) A stronger whiskey.
4. Where do Yvonne and Hugh first go for a walk?
(a) Along the beach.
(b) In the countryside.
(c) In the cold mountains.
(d) In the hot jungle.
5. What insult does Laruelle unintentionally inflict upon Hugh?
(a) He thinks he is much younger than he really is.
(b) He calls him by the wrong name.
(c) He thinks he is much older than he really is.
(d) He thinks he is a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugh drink in the brewery?
2. When Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul leave the consul's house together, where do they intend to go?
3. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
4. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
5. What does the widow lady predict for the consul and Yvonne?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)