|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Yvonne and Hugh end their ride together?
(a) At the top of the volcano.
(b) At the movie theater.
(c) At some ancient ruins.
(d) At the edge of a cliff.
2. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means painted mountain.
(b) That it means cold mountain water.
(c) That it means where the sun never sets.
(d) That it is an ancient word for "fertility."
3. What are the women doing that the consul draws Yvonne's attention to when she first sees him again?
(a) Trying to sell fresh bread.
(c) Playing dominoes.
(d) Weaving a beautiful tapestry.
4. In his internal dialogue, to what does the consul compare staying at Laruelle's home?
(d) A nice, relaxing massage.
5. Why does Yvonne end up not buying the animal she wants at the brewery?
(a) Because the consul has taken all of her money.
(b) Because the price is too high.
(c) Because the animal bites her.
(d) Because another patron outbids her during the auction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugh do in his earlier years in an attempt to elevate his celebrity?
2. What does Yvonne drink in the brewery?
3. Back at their home, what does the consul ask Yvonne about her stay in Quauhnahuac?
4. How long has Yvonne been gone before she returns to Quauhnahuac?
5. What interrupts Yvonne and the consul's first conversation upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)