|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
(a) Places his friends used to live before they all died.
(b) Sites of great battles that he won.
(c) Familiar landmarks.
(d) The many buildings that he owns.
2. Who shaves the consul while Hugh is over?
(b) A servant.
(c) Hugh himself.
(d) The consul, though he ends up cutting himself quite badly.
3. Who invites Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul into his house after they all leave together?
(a) A mysterious old woman.
(d) The doctor.
4. What does Yvonne do once she arrives back at the consul's house?
(a) Throws herself off the balcony.
(b) Starts breaking dishes.
(c) Takes a bath.
(d) Leaves immediately.
5. What insult does Laruelle unintentionally inflict upon Hugh?
(a) He thinks he is much older than he really is.
(b) He thinks he is a woman.
(c) He thinks he is much younger than he really is.
(d) He calls him by the wrong name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the visitor arrive at Laruelle's house?
2. Back at their home, what does the consul ask Yvonne about her stay in Quauhnahuac?
3. What kind of animal does Yvonne try to buy at the brewery?
4. Where do Yvonne and Hugh first go for a walk?
5. Why does Laruelle leave the consul alone in his own home?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)