|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Maximilian?
(a) Yvonne's secret lover.
(b) Hugh and Yvonne's secret son.
(c) The man who robs Hugh and Yvonne.
(d) A conqueror.
2. What large gift does Yvonne bring to the consul upon her return?
(a) A very large statue of himself in military dress.
(b) This is a trick question -- she doesn't bring him a large gift.
(c) A very large statue of the child that they had that died.
(d) A very large statute of herself in a beautiful gown.
3. What have both Hugh and Yvonne been doing over the past year?
(a) Trying to plot against the consul.
(b) Running from the law.
(c) Falling in love with someone else.
4. Why did Hugh want to go into music as a career?
(a) Because his mother was a famous Spanish opera singer.
(b) Because he considers himself a musical genius.
(c) Because his father was a famous musician.
(d) Because his father was a famous producer.
5. What does Hugh think about himself growing up?
(a) That he will never have to do so.
(b) That he did so too early for a young man like himself.
(c) That he missed his chance to do so.
(d) That it is time for him to do so.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Hugh?
2. How does Yvonne feel when she returns to her home?
3. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
4. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
5. Why does Laruelle leave the consul alone in his own home?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)