|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man offer the consul after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) A ride.
(b) A drink.
(c) A cane.
(d) To call an ambulance.
2. What animal do Hugh and Yvonne keep passing during their excursion together?
(a) The same goat.
(b) A rattlesnake.
(c) A very slow turtle.
(d) A dead dove.
3. With whom does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
(a) With no one -- he is alone.
(b) With many of his officers.
(c) With his favorite dog, Perrito.
(d) With a woman she doesn't know.
4. What does Yvonne do once she arrives back at the consul's house?
(a) Throws herself off the balcony.
(b) Leaves immediately.
(c) Takes a bath.
(d) Starts breaking dishes.
5. What job does Hugh take after being at sea?
Short Answer Questions
1. What insult does Laruelle unintentionally inflict upon Hugh?
2. What does the widow lady predict for the consul and Yvonne?
3. Why does Yvonne end up not buying the animal she wants at the brewery?
4. How old is Hugh?
5. What was Hugh hoping his music career would bring him?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)