|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What final reason does Yvonne give about why she wants to leave Laruelle's home?
(a) Because her mother is calling her on her cell phone.
(b) Because she is not feeling very well.
(c) Because she wants to see the Day of the Dead festivities.
(d) Because she has had a vision and needs to see her son immediately.
2. What does the consul constantly hear in his head?
(a) The screeching of a train.
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) His mother.
3. From where does the consul call for help when Hugh is over?
(a) The basement.
(b) The garden.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bath.
4. Where does Yvonne first find the consul upon her return to Quauhnahuac?
(a) In his office.
(b) At home, in bed.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In a school.
5. How does Hugh react to Yvonne's request to leave Laruelle's home?
(a) He ignores her requests.
(b) He slaps her in an attempt to establish his authority.
(c) He wants to accompany her out.
(d) He wants to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the visitor arrive at Laruelle's house?
2. How does Yvonne feel when she returns to her home?
3. Whose house do Yvonne and the consul pass on their way home upon her return?
4. What does Hugh learn about the sailors on his ship?
5. Where do Yvonne and Hugh end their ride together?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)