|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the consul served for breakfast upon Yvonne's return?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) A vodka.
(c) A whiskey.
(d) A beer.
2. What does the widow lady predict for the consul and Yvonne?
(a) That they will have twins very soon.
(b) That they will be happy together in the future.
(c) That they will die that night.
(d) That they will become very rich.
3. What animal do Hugh and Yvonne keep passing during their excursion together?
(a) A very slow turtle.
(b) A rattlesnake.
(c) A dead dove.
(d) The same goat.
4. What does Hugh learn about the food on a ship?
(a) That is it much better than he expected.
(b) That it is just awful.
(c) That it is often infested with rats.
(d) That it is often infested with maggots.
5. What does someone make fun of the consul for during his walk with Yvonne back to their house once she has returned?
(a) For his limp.
(b) For his bad Spanish.
(c) For his ugliness.
(d) For his out-of-date shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Yvonne and Hugh end their ride together?
2. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
3. What is the first theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
4. What kind of animal does Yvonne try to buy at the brewery?
5. What does Hugh drink in the brewery?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)