|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laruelle leave the consul alone in his own home?
(a) Because he doesn't want him driving home.
(b) Because he goes to take a shower.
(c) Because he has given up on him.
(d) Because he is trying to catch him stealing things.
2. Who is Yvonne?
(a) The consul's nurse.
(b) The consul's sister.
(c) The consul's mother.
(d) The consul's estranged wife.
3. What job does Hugh get after his attempts to become a famous musician fail?
(a) He commissions a ship to look for treasure.
(b) He captains his own ship.
(c) He sets off as a pirate on his father's ship.
(d) He works on the crew of a ship.
4. How does Hugh react to Yvonne's request to leave Laruelle's home?
(a) He ignores her requests.
(b) He wants to stay.
(c) He wants to accompany her out.
(d) He slaps her in an attempt to establish his authority.
5. What is the second theory Yvonne thinks about regarding the meaning of the word "Quauhnahuac"?
(a) That it means volcano of joy.
(b) That just uttering the word can give you magical powers.
(c) That it means land of green snakes.
(d) That it means where the eagle stops.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul leave the consul's house together, where do they intend to go?
2. What relative of the consul's still technically lives in town?
3. From where does the consul call for help when Hugh is over?
4. Where does Yvonne want to go after visiting the consul?
5. What does Hugh think about himself growing up?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)