|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What final reason does Yvonne give about why she wants to leave Laruelle's home?
(a) Because her mother is calling her on her cell phone.
(b) Because she is not feeling very well.
(c) Because she has had a vision and needs to see her son immediately.
(d) Because she wants to see the Day of the Dead festivities.
2. Who shaves the consul while Hugh is over?
(a) The consul, though he ends up cutting himself quite badly.
(c) Hugh himself.
(d) A servant.
3. Where does Hugh come to visit Yvonne?
(a) The town square.
(b) The library.
(c) The cantina she used to hang out at a long time ago.
(d) The consul's property.
4. What is the consul served for breakfast upon Yvonne's return?
(a) A whiskey.
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) A vodka.
(d) A beer.
5. What does Hugh think about himself growing up?
(a) That he missed his chance to do so.
(b) That it is time for him to do so.
(c) That he will never have to do so.
(d) That he did so too early for a young man like himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the widow lady predict for the consul and Yvonne?
2. What does Yvonne do once she arrives back at the consul's house?
3. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
4. What does the consul continue to point out to Yvonne during their walk home the day she returns?
5. What does Hugh learn about the sailors on his ship?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)