|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hugh go after he returns home from his sea voyage?
2. How long can the consul go without alcohol before feeling the effects of his withdrawal?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 5 seconds.
(c) 25 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
3. What does Hugh learn about the food on a ship?
(a) That it is often infested with maggots.
(b) That it is often infested with rats.
(c) That is it much better than he expected.
(d) That it is just awful.
4. Who shaves the consul while Hugh is over?
(a) Hugh himself.
(b) A servant.
(c) The consul, though he ends up cutting himself quite badly.
5. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) Because someone trips him.
(b) Because he is so drunk.
(c) Because someone shoots him.
(d) Because he has a bad leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yvonne tell the consul her hopes for them for the future are?
2. In which city did the consul and Yvonne have their last date before she left him?
3. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
4. What does Hugh learn about the sailors on his ship?
5. How does Yvonne feel about attending the bull fight?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)