|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
(a) At night.
(b) In the morning.
(c) We never find out.
(d) In the afternoon.
2. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) The doctor.
(b) A man passing by.
(c) His father.
(d) A ghost.
3. How does Yvonne feel about the item that the mailman brings to Laruelle's house while she is over?
(c) She doesn't really care one way or the other.
4. Back at their home, what does the consul ask Yvonne about her stay in Quauhnahuac?
(a) How long she will stay.
(b) How much someone bribed her to talk to him.
(c) When the judge will grant their divorce.
(d) Where she will be sleeping.
5. What prompts Yvonne to start thinking of her own childhood?
(a) A familiar melody she hears on the wind.
(b) The heat.
(c) A small little girl she sees.
(d) A picture she finds in her wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Hugh take after being at sea?
2. How does Yvonne feel about attending the bull fight?
3. Where does Hugh go after he returns home from his sea voyage?
4. What does Hugh learn about the food on a ship?
5. What does the mailman bring to Laruelle's house while Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul are visiting?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)