|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the bull fight so unentertaining?
(a) It is over in fewer than 30 seconds.
(b) The bull refuses to fight.
(c) There is no music.
(d) The bull has clearly been drugged.
2. How old is Hugh?
3. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
(a) The butcher.
(b) The maid.
(c) The driver.
(d) The painter.
4. What does the mailman bring to Laruelle's house while Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul are visiting?
(a) A notice that the consul has been fired.
(b) News that the government has been overthrown.
(c) A letter letting Yvonne know that her mother has died.
(d) A letter Yvonne wrote over a year ago.
5. Why does the consul briefly consider switching alcohols after he has fallen down?
(a) Because of its rumored vitamin properties.
(b) Because he wants to try Yvonne's favorite drink.
(c) Because his favorite movie star drinks it in the movies.
(d) To save money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yvonne not want to see at the bull fight?
2. Who invites Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul into his house after they all leave together?
3. How long is Hugh gone on the ship?
4. What does the man offer the consul after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
5. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)