|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yvonne feel about attending the bull fight?
(a) She just wants to go shopping instead.
(b) She has already bet against the bull and can't wait for the fight.
(c) She doesn't want to.
(d) She is excited about it.
2. When Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul leave the consul's house together, where do they intend to go?
(a) The zoo.
(b) The festival.
(d) The courthouse.
3. What makes the bull fight so unentertaining?
(a) The bull has clearly been drugged.
(b) There is no music.
(c) The bull refuses to fight.
(d) It is over in fewer than 30 seconds.
4. What job does Hugh take after being at sea?
5. What job does Hugh get after his attempts to become a famous musician fail?
(a) He commissions a ship to look for treasure.
(b) He works on the crew of a ship.
(c) He captains his own ship.
(d) He sets off as a pirate on his father's ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
2. What did Yvonne dream of becoming when she was a child?
3. How many drinks does it take for the consul to get steady on his feet after not drinking?
4. In which city did the consul and Yvonne have their last date before she left him?
5. What does Hugh think about himself growing up?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)