|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
(a) A less potent beer.
(b) A stronger whiskey.
(c) A less potent whiskey.
(d) A stronger beer.
2. How long is Hugh gone on the ship?
(a) Just a week.
(b) Several months.
(c) Several years.
(d) One year to the day.
3. How does Yvonne keep herself busy during the bull fight?
(a) She works on her stitching.
(b) She pretends to fall and need to go to the doctor.
(c) She powders her nose.
(d) She pretends to be fixing her dress.
4. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
(d) The sun.
5. How does Yvonne feel about attending the bull fight?
(a) She doesn't want to.
(b) She is excited about it.
(c) She just wants to go shopping instead.
(d) She has already bet against the bull and can't wait for the fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts Yvonne to start thinking of her own childhood?
2. What does Hugh think about himself growing up?
3. What did Yvonne dream of becoming when she was a child?
4. What does the mailman bring to Laruelle's house while Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul are visiting?
5. Back at their home, what does the consul ask Yvonne about her stay in Quauhnahuac?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)