|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
(a) A less potent whiskey.
(b) A less potent beer.
(c) A stronger whiskey.
(d) A stronger beer.
2. Why does the consul fall face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
(a) Because he has a bad leg.
(b) Because someone shoots him.
(c) Because someone trips him.
(d) Because he is so drunk.
3. How does Yvonne feel about the item that the mailman brings to Laruelle's house while she is over?
(a) She doesn't really care one way or the other.
4. What does the consul insist fortifies him as much as food?
(b) The sun.
5. When Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul leave the consul's house together, where do they intend to go?
(a) The festival.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What geographical item does Yvonne admire in the distance after the bus ride?
2. What does Hugh learn about the food on a ship?
3. How has the consul reacted to Yvonne's childhood dreams?
4. In which city did the consul and Yvonne have their last date before she left him?
5. What does the mailman bring to Laruelle's house while Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul are visiting?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)