|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mailman bring to Laruelle's house while Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul are visiting?
(a) A letter letting Yvonne know that her mother has died.
(b) A letter Yvonne wrote over a year ago.
(c) News that the government has been overthrown.
(d) A notice that the consul has been fired.
2. What does Hugh think about himself growing up?
(a) That he will never have to do so.
(b) That he missed his chance to do so.
(c) That it is time for him to do so.
(d) That he did so too early for a young man like himself.
3. From where does the consul call for help when Hugh is over?
(a) The garden.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bath.
(d) The basement.
4. What makes the bull fight so unentertaining?
(a) It is over in fewer than 30 seconds.
(b) The bull refuses to fight.
(c) There is no music.
(d) The bull has clearly been drugged.
5. How long can the consul go without alcohol before feeling the effects of his withdrawal?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 25 minutes.
(d) 5 seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yvonne notice seems to enjoy the bull fight the most?
2. How does Yvonne keep herself busy during the bull fight?
3. How many drinks does it take for the consul to get steady on his feet after not drinking?
4. Who is the man who helps the consul up right after he falls face-first into the dirt after Yvonne has returned to their home?
5. What does Yvonne think would prove healing for the consul?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)