|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the consul feel after Yvonne initially left?
(a) He was so drunk that he didn't even notice she left.
(b) He missed her.
(c) He was filled with rage.
(d) He didn't really care.
2. How long is Hugh gone on the ship?
(a) Several months.
(b) Just a week.
(c) Several years.
(d) One year to the day.
3. What geographical item does Yvonne admire in the distance after the bus ride?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) A large city and its large buildings.
(c) A forest fire that is providing a glow in the night sky.
4. What happened to the consul before he could track down his wife on the night she left him?
(a) He broke his ankle.
(b) The government was overthrown.
(c) He passed out.
(d) He was arrested.
5. What makes the bull fight so unentertaining?
(a) It is over in fewer than 30 seconds.
(b) There is no music.
(c) The bull has clearly been drugged.
(d) The bull refuses to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has the consul reacted to Yvonne's childhood dreams?
2. Back at their home, what does the consul ask Yvonne about her stay in Quauhnahuac?
3. At what time of day did Yvonne first leave the consul?
4. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
5. What does Hugh do in his earlier years in an attempt to elevate his celebrity?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)