|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
(a) A less potent whiskey.
(b) A stronger whiskey.
(c) A less potent beer.
(d) A stronger beer.
2. What does the mailman bring to Laruelle's house while Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul are visiting?
(a) A letter Yvonne wrote over a year ago.
(b) News that the government has been overthrown.
(c) A letter letting Yvonne know that her mother has died.
(d) A notice that the consul has been fired.
3. What was Hugh hoping his music career would bring him?
(a) The approval of his parents.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Fame and fortune.
(d) Lots of women.
4. Where was Yvonne born?
5. Where does Hugh go after he returns home from his sea voyage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
2. What makes the bull fight so unentertaining?
3. What happened to the consul before he could track down his wife on the night she left him?
4. How long can the consul go without alcohol before feeling the effects of his withdrawal?
5. When Yvonne, Hugh, and the consul leave the consul's house together, where do they intend to go?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)