|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which alcohol does the consul briefly consider switching to after he has fallen down?
(a) A stronger beer.
(b) A less potent whiskey.
(c) A less potent beer.
(d) A stronger whiskey.
2. Who does Yvonne notice seems to enjoy the bull fight the most?
(a) The oldest of men.
(b) The drunkest of onlookers.
(c) The young boys.
(d) The children.
3. How does Yvonne feel about the item that the mailman brings to Laruelle's house while she is over?
(d) She doesn't really care one way or the other.
4. What job does Hugh get after his attempts to become a famous musician fail?
(a) He captains his own ship.
(b) He works on the crew of a ship.
(c) He commissions a ship to look for treasure.
(d) He sets off as a pirate on his father's ship.
5. How does Yvonne feel about attending the bull fight?
(a) She has already bet against the bull and can't wait for the fight.
(b) She just wants to go shopping instead.
(c) She is excited about it.
(d) She doesn't want to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugh learn about the food on a ship?
2. How does Yvonne keep herself busy during the bull fight?
3. Who is one of the few remaining members of the consul's household staff that Yvonne talks to?
4. Who shaves the consul while Hugh is over?
5. What does Yvonne do once she arrives back at the consul's house?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)