Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
2. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
3. How did Lavina Stubbs loose all her money?
4. What was the most emotionally difficult aspect of the trial for Brenda's family?
5. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
Surrounding Ron's trial, the biggest dilemma was Ron's insanity plea. The courts were concerned about how Ron's verdict would affect the future of cases like his own. Luckily for the justice system, Ron refused a guilty plea. Discuss the gravity of an insanity plea for Ron's case. Why would it be negative for the justice system? Why was Ron resistant to it?
Personal revelations were what founded the Mormon faith, but they also ran the risk of destroying it. Discuss why personal revelations hold so much power and why they are so relevant to the religion.
Krakauer discusses the long history of tensions between Mormons and the states they settled in. Discuss the causes and resolutions for these conflicts. How did the displacement of Mormons through several states affect the current make-up of their organization and attitude?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)