Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
2. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
3. How did Lavina Stubbs loose all her money?
4. What was the most emotionally difficult aspect of the trial for Brenda's family?
5. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
Essay Topic 1
Personal revelations were what founded the Mormon faith, but they also ran the risk of destroying it. Discuss why personal revelations hold so much power and why they are so relevant to the religion.
Essay Topic 2
Krakauer's account of Dan shows him swinging from reluctantly participating in the murders to becoming the main perpetrator. Dan also would shift from being his brother's biggest victim to his strongest opponent. Discuss the duality of Dan Lafferty. What were his motives for his actions? Where were Dan's loyalties?
Essay Topic 3
The Lafferty family's actions are what developed the inspiration for Krakauer's exploration into the Mormon Church. They represent fanaticism and fundamentalism in more concrete terms for the reader. Discuss how the effect of the Lafferty family fleshes out the church's history which Krakauer provides. Who are the Laffertys? What are they supposed to represent?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)