|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
2. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
3. How did Lavina Stubbs loose all her money?
4. What was the most emotionally difficult aspect of the trial for Brenda's family?
5. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
Essay Topic 1
Although he is discussing the history if the Mormon Church, Krakauer discusses that the idiosyncrasies of the LDS are reflected in many other religions. What is the effect of Krakauer's comparisons to other religions? What statement is he trying to make?
Essay Topic 2
Robert Crossfield, otherwise known as the Prophet Onias, had a significant impact on the LDS and the Lafferty family because of his belief in personal revelations. What flaws in humans and the LDS did Crossfield's actions bring out? What influence did his ideals have on Mormonism?
Essay Topic 3
Personal revelations were what founded the Mormon faith, but they also ran the risk of destroying it. Discuss why personal revelations hold so much power and why they are so relevant to the religion.
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)