|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Young choose to settle near the Great Salt Lake?
2. Garner believed Ron's revelation was a result of __________.
3. What did Noel Gardner and Richard Wootton explain about Ron's actions?
4. Why was Dan's testimony crucial to Ron's trial?
5. What were the Mormons' hopes for the outcome of the Civil War?
Essay Topic 1
Personal revelations were what founded the Mormon faith, but they also ran the risk of destroying it. Discuss why personal revelations hold so much power and why they are so relevant to the religion.
Essay Topic 2
Each new prophet in the Mormon Church brought about changes to the elements of the church. Based on the youth of the church, each change seems radical. Discuss the significance of the rapid changing of prophets and which was the most significant to the face of the church today.
Essay Topic 3
The Mormon Church, despite many obstacles, has managed to grow and remain in tact. Discuss why the LDS is so appealing. To whom is it so appealing? What are the main reasons for its continued existence and success?
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)