Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
2. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
3. How did Lavina Stubbs loose all her money?
4. What was the most emotionally difficult aspect of the trial for Brenda's family?
5. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
Krakauer's account of Dan shows him swinging from reluctantly participating in the murders to becoming the main perpetrator. Dan also would shift from being his brother's biggest victim to his strongest opponent. Discuss the duality of Dan Lafferty. What were his motives for his actions? Where were Dan's loyalties?
Although he is discussing the history if the Mormon Church, Krakauer discusses that the idiosyncrasies of the LDS are reflected in many other religions. What is the effect of Krakauer's comparisons to other religions? What statement is he trying to make?
Surrounding Ron's trial, the biggest dilemma was Ron's insanity plea. The courts were concerned about how Ron's verdict would affect the future of cases like his own. Luckily for the justice system, Ron refused a guilty plea. Discuss the gravity of an insanity plea for Ron's case. Why would it be negative for the justice system? Why was Ron resistant to it?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)