Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
2. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
3. How did Lavina Stubbs loose all her money?
4. What was the most emotionally difficult aspect of the trial for Brenda's family?
5. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
Krakauer discusses the Mountain Meadow Massacre to discuss a darker and more indiscernible side of the Mormon Church. Krakauer carefully describes the order of events of the massacre and circumstances, but doesn't offer a clear explanation. Using the facts provided by Krakauer, why do you think this event took place? Why did these men take these actions? Why was the Francher group the target? What did this event mean for the Church?
The Mormon Church, despite many obstacles, has managed to grow and remain in tact. Discuss why the LDS is so appealing. To whom is it so appealing? What are the main reasons for its continued existence and success?
Although he is discussing the history if the Mormon Church, Krakauer discusses that the idiosyncrasies of the LDS are reflected in many other religions. What is the effect of Krakauer's comparisons to other religions? What statement is he trying to make?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)