Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
2. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
3. How did Lavina Stubbs loose all her money?
4. What was the most emotionally difficult aspect of the trial for Brenda's family?
5. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relevance of the title "Under the Banner of Heaven."
Essay Topic 2
Krakauer builds much of his book by using interviews and quotes, reflecting a very journalistic approach. Despite his attempted objectivity the sensitive topic of the book makes bias inevitable. Discuss how Krakauer approaches or avoids bias. Is he biased? How does Krakauer's voice aid or hinder his story?
Essay Topic 3
Krakauer's account of Dan shows him swinging from reluctantly participating in the murders to becoming the main perpetrator. Dan also would shift from being his brother's biggest victim to his strongest opponent. Discuss the duality of Dan Lafferty. What were his motives for his actions? Where were Dan's loyalties?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)