|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dame decide to do away with the emigrants?
(a) He was tired of the stand-off.
(b) He'd been told by God.
(c) They hadn't heard from Young.
(d) They were good fighters.
2. What did Warren do with Rulon's ferry service?
(a) Kept it open.
(b) Abandoned it.
(c) Sold it.
(d) Closed it.
3. Why did the attacking Mormons have to send a letter to Young while fighting the Francher group?
(a) The group held out longer than anticipated.
(b) There were many women and children.
(c) The group offered them a bribe.
(d) The group agreed to convert.
4. What were people afraid of after Rulon's death?
(a) The government would kick them out.
(b) The new leader would lead them astray.
(c) There would be conflict between sects of the LDS.
(d) The church would go bankrupt.
5. Where were Ron and Dan driving to at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) The Dream Mine.
(b) New York.
(c) Chloe Low's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would have been the benefit of Ron using an insanity plea?
2. In the Mormon Church. Ron was described as ________.
3. What did Young do to the Francher group memorial?
4. How long after Lee's prophecy did Young die?
5. While Ron and Dan discuss their plan at their mother's house, she is _____ within hearing distance.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the events of July 24th unfold as they did?
2. Why did the Laffertys decided to abandon the rest of their revelation?
3. Why was Ron Lafferty hostile to the judge at his trial?
4. Why did the Saints join the Confederacy?
5. Why were people hesitant about allowing Ron to plead insanity? What potential problems could arise?
6. Was there any effort made by Mormons to cover up any Mormon involvement in the Mountain Meadow Massacre?
7. What was Dan's conviction in carrying out the murders?
8. How did Taylor's leadership of the LDS contradict his predecessors?
9. Why was Warren Jeffs unpopular? What were people's predictions of the outcome of his leadership?
10. Why is Salt Lake City the center for Mormons today?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)