|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After changing his beliefs, Woodruff told his followers polygamy was a ______ principle.
2. Why did the LeBaron bothers go on a killing spree?
(a) They were insane.
(b) To please their father.
(c) To please God.
(d) To make money.
3. Why did the attacking Mormons have to send a letter to Young while fighting the Francher group?
(a) There were many women and children.
(b) The group offered them a bribe.
(c) The group held out longer than anticipated.
(d) The group agreed to convert.
4. After Brenda's death, what does her sister regret?
(a) Marrying into the Lafferty family.
(b) Not saying goodbye.
(c) Encouraging her to go back to Allen.
(d) Not warning her.
5. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
(a) He was friends with many politicians.
(b) He was wealthy and generous.
(c) He was young.
(d) He reminded them of Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Dianna become unhappy with her marriage to Ron?
2. Why were some nervous about allowing Ron to use an insanity plea?
3. How did Lavina Stubbs loose all her money?
4. While Ron and Dan discuss their plan at their mother's house, she is _____ within hearing distance.
5. What was the most emotionally difficult aspect of the trial for Brenda's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were Smith and Hyrum's killers not brought to justice?
2. What aided in the apprehension of Dan and Ron Lafferty?
3. What caused the split in the LDS?
4. How did Brenda realize the truth of the family she married into?
5. Why was Ron Lafferty's first conviction thrown out?
6. Why did the Laffertys decided to abandon the rest of their revelation?
7. Did Woodruff fall in line with his predecessors' beliefs for the LDS, or did he contradict them? How?
8. Why is Salt Lake City the center for Mormons today?
9. Was Colonel Dame involved in the Mountain Meadow Massacre? How so?
10. Do Brenda's sisters have any regrets in retrospect? What and why?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)