|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dame decide to do away with the emigrants?
(a) They were good fighters.
(b) They hadn't heard from Young.
(c) He was tired of the stand-off.
(d) He'd been told by God.
2. What did John Taylor support?
3. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
(a) He was angrier with her than before.
(b) He forgot his glasses.
(c) He got a feeling he was supposed to.
(d) He wanted to reason with her.
4. Smith did NOT leave his followers with guidelines on ______________.
(a) Where to settle next.
(b) How to bury a Mormon.
(c) How to change the prayers.
(d) How to select a new prophet.
5. What did Young do to the Francher group memorial?
(a) Planted flowers nearby.
(b) Destroyed it.
(c) Cured it.
(d) Bought it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garner believed Ron's revelation was a result of __________.
2. What was historic about Woodruff's leadership?
3. What did the first two psychiatrists offer as an explanation for Ron's actions?
4. Why were some nervous about allowing Ron to use an insanity plea?
5. Why did Ron saw off the barrel of a shotgun?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Ron Lafferty hostile to the judge at his trial?
2. Why was Young very popular among other Mormons?
3. Was Colonel Dame involved in the Mountain Meadow Massacre? How so?
4. Why did the Saints join the Confederacy?
5. What caused the split in the LDS?
6. How were the LeBaron children and Lafferty children similar?
7. What aided in the apprehension of Dan and Ron Lafferty?
8. Did Woodruff fall in line with his predecessors' beliefs for the LDS, or did he contradict them? How?
9. Why was Ron Lafferty's first conviction thrown out?
10. Do Brenda's sisters have any regrets in retrospect? What and why?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)