|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Onias value the Lafferty brothers?
(a) They were related.
(b) They were the only members of his school.
(c) He felt God sent them to him.
(d) He had their unconditional love.
2. What happened to the two men from the Francher group that escaped?
(a) They were caught and killed.
(b) They got lost.
(c) They surrendered.
(d) They got help from Indians.
3. What would have been the benefit of Ron using an insanity plea?
(a) He could have acted however he wanted.
(b) He would have been more sympathetic.
(c) He would've had more publicity.
(d) He wouldn't be given the death sentence.
4. Why did the Laffertys decide to abandon the rest of their plan?
(a) Allen was sick and needed help.
(b) They had another revelation.
(c) They took a wrong turn.
(d) They needed to run from the cops.
5. Why does Dan stay with Ron through Ron's plan?
(a) He didn't have anywhere else to go.
(b) He received a revelation telling him to stay.
(c) He needed the money.
(d) Ron threatened him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the LeBaron bothers go on a killing spree?
2. Why did Brenda's family blame Allen for her murder?
3. At first, it was anticipated that _____________was to be Smith's successor.
4. The Mormons decided to select a new leader based on the candidate's ______________.
5. Unhappy with Warren's leadership, what did many predict would happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Colonel Dame involved in the Mountain Meadow Massacre? How so?
2. Why was Ron Lafferty's first conviction thrown out?
3. Why did the Saints join the Confederacy?
4. How responsible was Allen for Brenda's murder?
5. How did Taylor's leadership of the LDS contradict his predecessors?
6. Why did the Laffertys decided to abandon the rest of their revelation?
7. How did the Lafferty brothers get the idea to murder Brenda?
8. Why were Smith and Hyrum's killers not brought to justice?
9. How did Brenda realize the truth of the family she married into?
10. Do Brenda's sisters have any regrets in retrospect? What and why?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)