|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Woodruff change his position on polygamy?
(a) He was bribed to agree with other people.
(b) His wife wanted more women in the family.
(c) He had a meeting with Jesus and Smith.
(d) He fell in love with another woman.
2. After Woodruff's reign, who believed polygamy was valid?
(a) Modern Mormons.
(d) The government.
3. What was Ron's attitude at his first trial?
(a) He as quiet and patient.
(b) He was verbally abusive to the judge.
(c) He was sobbing and apologizing.
(d) He was strong and defensive.
4. The men at the School of the Prophets believed they were destined to do what?
(a) Become rich and famous.
(b) Change the course of humanity.
(c) To spread the word of God.
(d) Destroy the Mormon Church.
5. Why did Mormons join the Confederacy?
(a) They were paid to join.
(b) They were against the United States government.
(c) They wanted to keep their slaves.
(d) They liked the South.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were some nervous about allowing Ron to use an insanity plea?
2. Why did Brenda's family blame Allen for her murder?
3. The Mormons decided to select a new leader based on the candidate's ______________.
4. What did John Taylor support?
5. What was the Illinois governor's one condition for the cease-fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Young very popular among other Mormons?
2. What was the pivotal plight of the Lafferty brothers that caused the murders?
3. Why was Ron Lafferty's first conviction thrown out?
4. What aided in the apprehension of Dan and Ron Lafferty?
5. Do Brenda's sisters have any regrets in retrospect? What and why?
6. Why is Salt Lake City the center for Mormons today?
7. Were the Native Americans to blame for the Mountain Meadow Massacre?
8. How did the Lafferty brothers get the idea to murder Brenda?
9. How were the LeBaron children and Lafferty children similar?
10. Was Colonel Dame involved in the Mountain Meadow Massacre? How so?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)