|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Onias value the Lafferty brothers?
(a) He had their unconditional love.
(b) He felt God sent them to him.
(c) They were related.
(d) They were the only members of his school.
2. While Ron and Dan discuss their plan at their mother's house, she is _____ within hearing distance.
3. Lee prophesied that Young would die within _______ if he was innocent.
(a) One month.
(b) A year.
(c) Two days.
(d) Six months.
4. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
(a) Legislation passed by the government.
(b) Financing wars.
(c) The leaders' reckless spending.
(d) Taylor's contribution to charity.
5. What were the Mormons' hopes for the outcome of the Civil War?
(a) The Confederacy would win.
(b) Both sides would destroy each other.
(c) Europe would intervene.
(d) They would be rewarded by God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
2. Why were some nervous about allowing Ron to use an insanity plea?
3. After Woodruff's reign, who believed polygamy was valid?
4. Why did Brenda's family blame Allen for her murder?
5. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do Brenda's sisters have any regrets in retrospect? What and why?
2. How were the LeBaron children and Lafferty children similar?
3. Why was Young very popular among other Mormons?
4. Why was Bringham Young chosen to be the new prophet?
5. What was Lee's prophecy? Would any good have come from it being fulfilled?
6. Why was Dan the more active participant in the murders rather than Ron?
7. How did Taylor's leadership of the LDS contradict his predecessors?
8. Why was Warren Jeffs unpopular? What were people's predictions of the outcome of his leadership?
9. Why were people hesitant about allowing Ron to plead insanity? What potential problems could arise?
10. Did Woodruff fall in line with his predecessors' beliefs for the LDS, or did he contradict them? How?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)