|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
(a) When they tried to burn down her house.
(b) When Allen built a shrine in their kitchen.
(c) When Allen stopped eating for a month.
(d) When Allen refused to take their baby to the doctor.
2. What did Warren do with Rulon's ferry service?
(a) Abandoned it.
(b) Sold it.
(c) Kept it open.
(d) Closed it.
3. The LeBaron brothers thought themselves to be _______________.
(b) Soldiers of the Devil.
(d) Lambs of God.
4. Who encouraged Dianna to leave her husband?
(a) Her mother.
5. When did Dianna become unhappy with her marriage to Ron?
(a) When he tried to marry off their daughters as plural wives.
(b) When he tried to marry her sister.
(c) When he began to have affairs.
(d) When he started gambling away their money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the judge throw out Ron's first conviction?
2. What were people afraid of after Rulon's death?
3. Why was the Francher group targeted by the Mormons?
4. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
5. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Saints join the Confederacy?
2. Why was Ron Lafferty's first conviction thrown out?
3. What caused the split in the LDS?
4. Why is Salt Lake City the center for Mormons today?
5. Why was Warren Jeffs unpopular? What were people's predictions of the outcome of his leadership?
6. How did the Lafferty brothers get the idea to murder Brenda?
7. What was Dan's conviction in carrying out the murders?
8. What was Lee's prophecy? Would any good have come from it being fulfilled?
9. Why did the Laffertys decided to abandon the rest of their revelation?
10. How were the LeBaron children and Lafferty children similar?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)