|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Smith did NOT leave his followers with guidelines on ______________.
(a) How to select a new prophet.
(b) Where to settle next.
(c) How to bury a Mormon.
(d) How to change the prayers.
2. What was historic about Woodruff's leadership?
(a) It established Salt Lake City.
(b) It caused the split in the church.
(c) It cause unity in the church.
(d) It angered the government.
3. How did Lavina Stubbs loose all her money?
(a) Poor investments.
(b) Her husband.
(c) In Brady's scheme.
4. What was Woodruff's stance on polygamy?
(a) He hadn't taken a stance yet.
(b) He was against it.
(c) He supported it.
(d) He felt it was a personal choice.
5. Why didn't the Laffertys kill Chloe Low?
(a) She wasn't at home.
(b) They were caught by the police.
(c) They had another revelation.
(d) Chloe Low begged them not to kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mormons decided to select a new leader based on the candidate's ______________.
2. Why did the judge throw out Ron's first conviction?
3. Why does Dan stay with Ron through Ron's plan?
4. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
5. How did Ron and Dan look when they left Brenda's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused the split in the LDS?
2. Why was Warren Jeffs unpopular? What were people's predictions of the outcome of his leadership?
3. Why were people hesitant about allowing Ron to plead insanity? What potential problems could arise?
4. What was Lee's prophecy? Would any good have come from it being fulfilled?
5. Why was Ron Lafferty hostile to the judge at his trial?
6. How did Brenda realize the truth of the family she married into?
7. Why did the Laffertys decided to abandon the rest of their revelation?
8. Why was Young very popular among other Mormons?
9. Why is Salt Lake City the center for Mormons today?
10. According to the prosecution in his trial, why was Ron NOT insane?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)