|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Dan's testimony crucial to Ron's trial?
(a) Ron had a violent history.
(b) Ron wasn't the mastermind.
(c) Ron was present for the murders.
(d) Ron tried to seduce Brenda.
2. What did Young do to the Francher group memorial?
(a) Planted flowers nearby.
(b) Destroyed it.
(c) Bought it.
(d) Cured it.
3. What was the Illinois governor's one condition for the cease-fire?
(a) The Mormons had to apologize.
(b) The Mormons had to repair the damage.
(c) The Mormons had to pay them a million dollars.
(d) The Mormons had to leave the United States.
4. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
(a) Taylor's contribution to charity.
(b) The leaders' reckless spending.
(c) Legislation passed by the government.
(d) Financing wars.
5. While Ron and Dan discuss their plan at their mother's house, she is _____ within hearing distance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Lee's prophecy did Young die?
2. The men at the School of the Prophets believed they were destined to do what?
3. Why did Onias value the Lafferty brothers?
4. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
5. What did Warren do with Rulon's ferry service?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Salt Lake City the center for Mormons today?
2. What was the pivotal plight of the Lafferty brothers that caused the murders?
3. Why did the Saints join the Confederacy?
4. Why did the events of July 24th unfold as they did?
5. Why did the Laffertys decided to abandon the rest of their revelation?
6. How responsible was Allen for Brenda's murder?
7. What was Dan's conviction in carrying out the murders?
8. What caused the split in the LDS?
9. According to the prosecution in his trial, why was Ron NOT insane?
10. Was Colonel Dame involved in the Mountain Meadow Massacre? How so?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)