|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brigham Young was picked partially because of his beliefs on ______.
2. Where were Ron and Dan driving to at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) New York.
(c) Chloe Low's house.
(d) The Dream Mine.
3. What was Woodruff's stance on polygamy?
(a) He was against it.
(b) He felt it was a personal choice.
(c) He hadn't taken a stance yet.
(d) He supported it.
4. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
(a) When Allen stopped eating for a month.
(b) When Allen refused to take their baby to the doctor.
(c) When Allen built a shrine in their kitchen.
(d) When they tried to burn down her house.
5. Why were some nervous about allowing Ron to use an insanity plea?
(a) It could make others sympathetic to him.
(b) It would give Ron a superiority complex.
(c) It could change the way religion was handled in court.
(d) He would be found innocent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of Ron's meeting with his brothers?
2. Why was Lee banished from Colorado City?
3. The LeBaron brothers thought themselves to be _______________.
4. What was Ron's choice for his execution?
5. What did the first two psychiatrists offer as an explanation for Ron's actions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Ron Lafferty hostile to the judge at his trial?
2. Why was Warren Jeffs unpopular? What were people's predictions of the outcome of his leadership?
3. According to the prosecution in his trial, why was Ron NOT insane?
4. Why did the events of July 24th unfold as they did?
5. Why was Dan the more active participant in the murders rather than Ron?
6. How responsible was Allen for Brenda's murder?
7. How were the LeBaron children and Lafferty children similar?
8. Was Colonel Dame involved in the Mountain Meadow Massacre? How so?
9. Do Brenda's sisters have any regrets in retrospect? What and why?
10. Why were people hesitant about allowing Ron to plead insanity? What potential problems could arise?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)