|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lee die?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) He was executed.
(c) Old age.
(d) He killed himself.
2. What did vigilantes do after Smith and Hyrum's killers were found innocent?
(a) Threw a party.
(b) Burned Mormon homes.
(c) Apologized to the Mormons.
(d) Defaced their graves.
3. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
(a) He believed more of what Ron said.
(b) He became less sure about their plan.
(c) He became more violent.
(d) He became calm and serene.
4. Why did Ron saw off the barrel of a shotgun?
(a) To pass the time.
(b) To destroy evidence.
(c) To make it more portable.
(d) God told him to in his revelation.
5. Brigham Young was picked partially because of his beliefs on ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dan stay with Ron through Ron's plan?
2. What dilemma were Mormons faced with after the death of Smith?
3. How was Ron able to convince Dan to help him in his murder plan?
4. Why wasn't Dame's burial of the Francher group successful?
5. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Woodruff fall in line with his predecessors' beliefs for the LDS, or did he contradict them? How?
2. What aided in the apprehension of Dan and Ron Lafferty?
3. Why did the Laffertys decided to abandon the rest of their revelation?
4. Why was Warren Jeffs unpopular? What were people's predictions of the outcome of his leadership?
5. How did Taylor's leadership of the LDS contradict his predecessors?
6. What was the pivotal plight of the Lafferty brothers that caused the murders?
7. Were the Native Americans to blame for the Mountain Meadow Massacre?
8. What was Lee's prophecy? Would any good have come from it being fulfilled?
9. Why were Smith and Hyrum's killers not brought to justice?
10. Why was Ron Lafferty's first conviction thrown out?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)