|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer explains that Dan _____ finished the murders.
2. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
(a) He became calm and serene.
(b) He became more violent.
(c) He believed more of what Ron said.
(d) He became less sure about their plan.
3. What did Rulon Jeffs believe about himself?
(a) He would be the ultimate prophet of the LDS.
(b) He was the chosen one.
(c) He was meant to have many sons.
(d) He was not as great as his father.
4. Why did the attacking Mormons have to send a letter to Young while fighting the Francher group?
(a) The group held out longer than anticipated.
(b) There were many women and children.
(c) The group agreed to convert.
(d) The group offered them a bribe.
5. What did vigilantes do after Smith and Hyrum's killers were found innocent?
(a) Burned Mormon homes.
(b) Threw a party.
(c) Defaced their graves.
(d) Apologized to the Mormons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Woodruff's stance on polygamy?
2. What were people afraid of after Rulon's death?
3. Where was the Francher group headed?
4. While Ron and Dan discuss their plan at their mother's house, she is _____ within hearing distance.
5. Why did Woodruff change his position on polygamy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Dan the more active participant in the murders rather than Ron?
2. Why was Bringham Young chosen to be the new prophet?
3. What was Lee's prophecy? Would any good have come from it being fulfilled?
4. How responsible was Allen for Brenda's murder?
5. Why was Young very popular among other Mormons?
6. Were the Native Americans to blame for the Mountain Meadow Massacre?
7. Do Brenda's sisters have any regrets in retrospect? What and why?
8. Was Colonel Dame involved in the Mountain Meadow Massacre? How so?
9. What aided in the apprehension of Dan and Ron Lafferty?
10. Why was Ron Lafferty hostile to the judge at his trial?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)