|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garner believed Ron's revelation was a result of __________.
(a) God's will.
(b) Drugs and alcohol.
(c) Intentionally searching for revelations.
(d) A lifetime of neglect and abuse.
2. What did John Taylor support?
3. Why didn't the Laffertys kill Chloe Low?
(a) They had another revelation.
(b) She wasn't at home.
(c) They were caught by the police.
(d) Chloe Low begged them not to kill her.
4. After Brenda's death, what does her sister regret?
(a) Marrying into the Lafferty family.
(b) Not saying goodbye.
(c) Not warning her.
(d) Encouraging her to go back to Allen.
5. What would have been the benefit of Ron using an insanity plea?
(a) He would've had more publicity.
(b) He wouldn't be given the death sentence.
(c) He could have acted however he wanted.
(d) He would have been more sympathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
2. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
3. After Woodruff's reign, who believed polygamy was valid?
4. What did vigilantes do after Smith and Hyrum's killers were found innocent?
5. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Ron Lafferty hostile to the judge at his trial?
2. Why was Ron Lafferty's first conviction thrown out?
3. Why did the events of July 24th unfold as they did?
4. How responsible was Allen for Brenda's murder?
5. What was the pivotal plight of the Lafferty brothers that caused the murders?
6. Why was Dan the more active participant in the murders rather than Ron?
7. What aided in the apprehension of Dan and Ron Lafferty?
8. How did Taylor's leadership of the LDS contradict his predecessors?
9. Why did the Laffertys decided to abandon the rest of their revelation?
10. Why was Young very popular among other Mormons?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)