|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mormons decided to select a new leader based on the candidate's ______________.
(a) Ideas about polygamy.
(b) Ideas for overthrowing the government.
2. Knapp and Carnes explain that they felt _____ after the murder.
3. What was the most emotionally difficult aspect of the trial for Brenda's family?
(a) Fearing an innocent verdict.
(b) Seeing Ron.
(c) Facing Allen.
(d) Reading her journals.
4. What was the speculation about why Smith's successor died?
(a) He fell off a cliff.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He was killed by the governor.
(d) He was poisoned.
5. What were people afraid of after Rulon's death?
(a) The church would go bankrupt.
(b) The government would kick them out.
(c) The new leader would lead them astray.
(d) There would be conflict between sects of the LDS.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Warren's tool for leadership?
2. Krakauer observes that the justice system and the Mormon Church had ______ in common.
3. What did the Mormon people need in their struggle that Young offered them?
4. Taylor held his beliefs long after _________.
5. What did the doctors find about Ron while examining him before his second trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was there any effort made by Mormons to cover up any Mormon involvement in the Mountain Meadow Massacre?
2. Why was Warren Jeffs unpopular? What were people's predictions of the outcome of his leadership?
3. Were the Native Americans to blame for the Mountain Meadow Massacre?
4. How did Taylor's leadership of the LDS contradict his predecessors?
5. How responsible was Allen for Brenda's murder?
6. What was Dan's conviction in carrying out the murders?
7. Why was Bringham Young chosen to be the new prophet?
8. What was Lee's prophecy? Would any good have come from it being fulfilled?
9. Why did the Saints join the Confederacy?
10. How did Brenda realize the truth of the family she married into?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)