|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the doctors find about Ron while examining him before his second trial?
(a) He had a rare disease.
(b) He wasn't competent to stand trial.
(c) He was playing mind games.
(d) He was mentally competent.
2. What did Rulon Jeffs believe about himself?
(a) He would be the ultimate prophet of the LDS.
(b) He was not as great as his father.
(c) He was the chosen one.
(d) He was meant to have many sons.
3. Why did the judge throw out Ron's first conviction?
(a) The judge wanted to see the evidence again.
(b) The judge felt the jury was bribed.
(c) The judge thought he was innocent.
(d) The judge felt he wasn't mentally competent.
4. Why did the Laffertys decide to abandon the rest of their plan?
(a) They had another revelation.
(b) Allen was sick and needed help.
(c) They took a wrong turn.
(d) They needed to run from the cops.
5. Why did Woodruff change his position on polygamy?
(a) He had a meeting with Jesus and Smith.
(b) His wife wanted more women in the family.
(c) He fell in love with another woman.
(d) He was bribed to agree with other people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the crimes of the LeBarons and Laffertys have in common?
2. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
3. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
4. What was Ron's attitude at his first trial?
5. After Woodruff's reign, who believed polygamy was valid?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)