|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did vigilantes do after Smith and Hyrum's killers were found innocent?
(a) Burned Mormon homes.
(b) Apologized to the Mormons.
(c) Defaced their graves.
(d) Threw a party.
2. What was the Illinois governor's one condition for the cease-fire?
(a) The Mormons had to repair the damage.
(b) The Mormons had to apologize.
(c) The Mormons had to leave the United States.
(d) The Mormons had to pay them a million dollars.
3. How did Ron and Dan look when they left Brenda's house?
(b) Covered in blood.
(d) Raving mad.
4. The men at the School of the Prophets believed they were destined to do what?
(a) Destroy the Mormon Church.
(b) To spread the word of God.
(c) Change the course of humanity.
(d) Become rich and famous.
5. What made Allen different than his brothers?
(a) He'd always been fundamentalist.
(b) He never married.
(c) He hadn't converted to fundamentalism.
(d) He was adopted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Lee banished from Colorado City?
2. Brigham Young was picked partially because of his beliefs on ______.
3. Why did Dame decide to do away with the emigrants?
4. Krakauer explains that Dan _____ finished the murders.
5. Why didn't the Laffertys kill Chloe Low?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Laffertys decided to abandon the rest of their revelation?
2. How did the Lafferty brothers get the idea to murder Brenda?
3. Do Brenda's sisters have any regrets in retrospect? What and why?
4. How did Brenda realize the truth of the family she married into?
5. Why was Ron Lafferty hostile to the judge at his trial?
6. How did Taylor's leadership of the LDS contradict his predecessors?
7. Were the Native Americans to blame for the Mountain Meadow Massacre?
8. Did Woodruff fall in line with his predecessors' beliefs for the LDS, or did he contradict them? How?
9. According to the prosecution in his trial, why was Ron NOT insane?
10. Why did the events of July 24th unfold as they did?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)