|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
(a) Rob her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Call the police.
2. Why did the attacking Mormons have to send a letter to Young while fighting the Francher group?
(a) The group agreed to convert.
(b) The group offered them a bribe.
(c) The group held out longer than anticipated.
(d) There were many women and children.
3. What did the doctors find about Ron while examining him before his second trial?
(a) He was playing mind games.
(b) He had a rare disease.
(c) He was mentally competent.
(d) He wasn't competent to stand trial.
4. Why did Ron saw off the barrel of a shotgun?
(a) To destroy evidence.
(b) To make it more portable.
(c) To pass the time.
(d) God told him to in his revelation.
5. Why did Dame decide to do away with the emigrants?
(a) He'd been told by God.
(b) They hadn't heard from Young.
(c) He was tired of the stand-off.
(d) They were good fighters.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Dianna become unhappy with her marriage to Ron?
2. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
3. Who encouraged Dianna to leave her husband?
4. The LeBaron brothers thought themselves to be _______________.
5. Why did Young choose to settle near the Great Salt Lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Ron Lafferty hostile to the judge at his trial?
2. Why were Smith and Hyrum's killers not brought to justice?
3. Were the Native Americans to blame for the Mountain Meadow Massacre?
4. What aided in the apprehension of Dan and Ron Lafferty?
5. Why did the Laffertys decided to abandon the rest of their revelation?
6. Did Woodruff fall in line with his predecessors' beliefs for the LDS, or did he contradict them? How?
7. Why did the Saints join the Confederacy?
8. Why was Dan the more active participant in the murders rather than Ron?
9. Why was Ron Lafferty's first conviction thrown out?
10. What was Lee's prophecy? Would any good have come from it being fulfilled?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)