|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
(a) Moroni read them to him.
(b) Moroni gave him peep stones.
(c) He polished the plates.
(d) He learned German.
2. Where is the Nephites' gold supposedly held?
(a) Salt Lake.
(b) The Dream Mine.
(c) The main church.
3. Missourians disliked that the Mormons came into their state with an attitude of _______.
4. After fleeing Illinois, why did Smith return?
(a) He believed he was abandoning his people.
(b) To get his family.
(c) To confess his faults.
(d) He missed his home.
5. In his revelation, what does Crossfield claim he was told by God?
(a) To kill his wife.
(b) To reform the church.
(c) To follow Smith.
(d) To raise money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Smith plead guilty to treason?
2. Why did Dan give up his driver's license and stop paying taxes?
3. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
4. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
5. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Krakauer believe taking funds from the government is hypocritical of fundamentalist Mormons? What is their justification?
2. What is the purpose of Krakauer presenting the entire story upfront in the prologue? Is he giving away the whole book?
3. What is Section 132? Why was it important to Smith?
4. According to Palmer, why was Elizabeth Smart an easy target?
5. Why were the relations between Missourians and Mormons strained?
6. Was Smith a polygamist? According to whom?
7. According to Krakauer, why is Joseph Smith still appealing to people today?
8. Why was Joseph Smith charged with fraud? How did his treasure business compare with his religious revelation?
9. Why did Debbie Palmer and Flora Jessop act as they did?
10. What caused the end of Smith and Law's friendship?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)