|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
(b) Father and son.
2. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
3. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
(b) She was very beautiful and kind.
(c) She was angry with her parents.
(d) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
4. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
(a) Green was trying to take over the government.
(b) Green attempted to create a new sect of the LDS.
(c) Green spoke about his polygamist lifestyle on national news.
(d) Leavitt was suing all polygamists.
5. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
(a) He was promoted.
(b) He was killed.
(c) Many people left the church.
(d) He was excommunicated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
2. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
3. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
4. How did non-Mormons feel about the beliefs printed in the Book of Mormon?
5. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Leavitt bring Green to trial?
2. How is the Lafferty family described?
3. What is Krakauer's intention with "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
4. Why was Joseph Smith charged with fraud? How did his treasure business compare with his religious revelation?
5. Why did Joseph Smith return to Illinois?
6. How does Krakauer build his story?
7. Why was the LDS most appealing to Americans?
8. Why did Debbie Palmer and Flora Jessop act as they did?
9. According to Lorna Craig, how was the response to Elizabeth Smart's disappearance different from Ruby Jessop's? Why does she believe there was a different response and effort?
10. What was the relevance of the Dream Mine to the School of the Prophets?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)