|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
2. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
(a) Blackmore was abusing her.
(b) She'd killed her husband.
(c) She'd cheated on her husband.
(d) Blackmore wanted to marry her daughter.
3. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
(a) Being a salesman.
(b) Being a plumber.
(c) Being a priest.
(d) Being a writer.
4. Krakauer describes Watson Lafferty as a ________.
5. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he went to the mountain.
(b) If he prayed ten times a day.
(c) If he paid Moroni.
(d) If he married Emma Harris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rockwell try to kill Missouri's governor?
2. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
3. Which text was responsible for many of the Laffertys' marriages falling apart?
4. Why did Smith write Section 132?
5. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the relevance of the Dream Mine to the School of the Prophets?
2. Was Smith a polygamist? According to whom?
3. According to Lorna Craig, how was the response to Elizabeth Smart's disappearance different from Ruby Jessop's? Why does she believe there was a different response and effort?
4. How is the Lafferty family described?
5. Why did Debbie Palmer and Flora Jessop act as they did?
6. What caused Dan Lafferty's trouble with the law? Was this compensated for in any way through religion?
7. Why was the LDS most appealing to Americans?
8. Why did Joseph Smith return to Illinois?
9. How was it possible for Debbie Palmer to be her own step-grandmother?
10. Was Smith obedient with the angel Moroni? What was the outcome?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)