|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer explains that early Mormons believed government law was inferior to __________.
(a) Basic human rights.
(b) God's law.
(c) Smith's law.
(d) Natural law.
2. Krakauer describes Watson Lafferty as a ________.
3. What was the final straw in Law and Smith's friendship?
(a) Law tried to seduce Emma.
(b) Smith stole Law's money.
(c) Law criticized Smith to the media.
(d) Smith tried to seduce Law's wife.
4. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
5. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
(a) Sexual assault was common amongst teens.
(b) Sexual assault was rare and severely punished.
(c) People were much more at ease.
(d) People were afraid of their husbands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
2. Why did Dan give up his driver's license and stop paying taxes?
3. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
4. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
5. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Smith obedient with the angel Moroni? What was the outcome?
2. Why was Crossfield excommunicated? How much of the LDS rejected him?
3. What was the relevance of the Dream Mine to the School of the Prophets?
4. Why did Joseph Smith return to Illinois?
5. Why did Leavitt bring Green to trial?
6. Why was Joseph Smith charged with fraud? How did his treasure business compare with his religious revelation?
7. According to Lorna Craig, how was the response to Elizabeth Smart's disappearance different from Ruby Jessop's? Why does she believe there was a different response and effort?
8. How is the Lafferty family described?
9. According to the Prologue, did the Lafferty brothers feel justified in their actions? How and why?
10. According to Palmer, why was Elizabeth Smart an easy target?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)