|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee prophesied that Young would die within _______ if he was innocent.
(a) Two days.
(b) A year.
(c) One month.
(d) Six months.
2. Garner believed Ron's revelation was a result of __________.
(a) A lifetime of neglect and abuse.
(b) Intentionally searching for revelations.
(c) Drugs and alcohol.
(d) God's will.
3. What would have been the benefit of Ron using an insanity plea?
(a) He could have acted however he wanted.
(b) He would have been more sympathetic.
(c) He wouldn't be given the death sentence.
(d) He would've had more publicity.
4. The Mormons decided to select a new leader based on the candidate's ______________.
(b) Ideas for overthrowing the government.
(d) Ideas about polygamy.
5. While Ron and Dan discuss their plan at their mother's house, she is _____ within hearing distance.
6. Why wasn't Dame's burial of the Francher group successful?
(a) They told people where they'd buried them.
(b) An animal dug up the shallow graves.
(c) They didn't fill the hole.
(d) The government noticed the headstones.
7. What was Warren's tool for leadership?
(c) Family history.
8. Krakauer observes that the justice system and the Mormon Church had ______ in common.
(c) Basic beliefs.
(d) Blood atonement.
9. What did Warren do with Rulon's ferry service?
(a) Closed it.
(b) Kept it open.
(c) Sold it.
(d) Abandoned it.
10. Knapp and Carnes explain that they felt _____ after the murder.
11. Who did the Francher group think was attacking them?
12. Who survived the Mountain Meadow Massacre?
(a) No one.
(b) Half of the Francher group.
(c) Only women and children.
(d) Only young children.
13. What did the first two psychiatrists offer as an explanation for Ron's actions?
(a) He'd been paid to do it by Dan.
(b) He couldn't understand his actions or consequences.
(c) He knew what he was doing was wrong but didn't care.
(d) He truly thought it was God's will.
14. Where were Ron and Dan driving to at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) New York.
(c) The Dream Mine.
(d) Chloe Low's house.
15. Why were some nervous about allowing Ron to use an insanity plea?
(a) It would give Ron a superiority complex.
(b) He would be found innocent.
(c) It could change the way religion was handled in court.
(d) It could make others sympathetic to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were people afraid of after Rulon's death?
2. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
3. Why was Dan's testimony crucial to Ron's trial?
4. What did the crimes of the LeBarons and Laffertys have in common?
5. Who encouraged Dianna to leave her husband?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)