|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ron and Dan look when they left Brenda's house?
(b) Raving mad.
(c) Covered in blood.
2. Why did the Laffertys decide to abandon the rest of their plan?
(a) They needed to run from the cops.
(b) Allen was sick and needed help.
(c) They took a wrong turn.
(d) They had another revelation.
3. At first, it was anticipated that _____________was to be Smith's successor.
(a) Brigham Young.
(b) Smith's son.
(c) His younger brother.
(d) A young woman.
4. Krakauer explains that Dan _____ finished the murders.
5. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
(a) He believed more of what Ron said.
(b) He became less sure about their plan.
(c) He became calm and serene.
(d) He became more violent.
6. Why did Onias value the Lafferty brothers?
(a) He felt God sent them to him.
(b) He had their unconditional love.
(c) They were related.
(d) They were the only members of his school.
7. Why did Mormons join the Confederacy?
(a) They wanted to keep their slaves.
(b) They were against the United States government.
(c) They liked the South.
(d) They were paid to join.
8. Why did the LeBaron bothers go on a killing spree?
(a) To please God.
(b) They were insane.
(c) To make money.
(d) To please their father.
9. What dilemma were Mormons faced with after the death of Smith?
(a) Where he should be buried.
(b) How to change the prayers.
(c) Where to settle next.
(d) Selecting a new prophet.
10. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
(a) Taylor's contribution to charity.
(b) Financing wars.
(c) The leaders' reckless spending.
(d) Legislation passed by the government.
11. After Brenda's death, what does her sister regret?
(a) Marrying into the Lafferty family.
(b) Not saying goodbye.
(c) Encouraging her to go back to Allen.
(d) Not warning her.
12. Why did Ron saw off the barrel of a shotgun?
(a) To make it more portable.
(b) To destroy evidence.
(c) To pass the time.
(d) God told him to in his revelation.
13. What did the doctors find about Ron while examining him before his second trial?
(a) He wasn't competent to stand trial.
(b) He was mentally competent.
(c) He was playing mind games.
(d) He had a rare disease.
14. What did Warren do with Rulon's ferry service?
(a) Sold it.
(b) Kept it open.
(c) Closed it.
(d) Abandoned it.
15. Why were some nervous about allowing Ron to use an insanity plea?
(a) He would be found innocent.
(b) It could change the way religion was handled in court.
(c) It would give Ron a superiority complex.
(d) It could make others sympathetic to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who survived the Mountain Meadow Massacre?
2. What was Ron's attitude at his first trial?
3. What did the crimes of the LeBarons and Laffertys have in common?
4. Brigham Young was picked partially because of his beliefs on ______.
5. What did Young do to the Francher group memorial?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)