|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Dianna become unhappy with her marriage to Ron?
(a) When he tried to marry off their daughters as plural wives.
(b) When he tried to marry her sister.
(c) When he began to have affairs.
(d) When he started gambling away their money.
2. The Mormons decided to select a new leader based on the candidate's ______________.
(b) Ideas for overthrowing the government.
(d) Ideas about polygamy.
3. What was historic about Woodruff's leadership?
(a) It caused the split in the church.
(b) It established Salt Lake City.
(c) It cause unity in the church.
(d) It angered the government.
4. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
(a) They were searching for the Dream Mine.
(b) They were looking for the Francher group.
(c) They were looking for an old signature.
(d) They were planning to settle there.
5. Smith did NOT leave his followers with guidelines on ______________.
(a) How to bury a Mormon.
(b) Where to settle next.
(c) How to change the prayers.
(d) How to select a new prophet.
6. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
(a) He became calm and serene.
(b) He became more violent.
(c) He believed more of what Ron said.
(d) He became less sure about their plan.
7. Why did the Illinois governor order a cease-fire?
(a) He was tired of fighting.
(b) They were being defeated.
(c) He had a revelation from God.
(d) He feared civil war.
8. Why did the LeBaron bothers go on a killing spree?
(a) To make money.
(b) To please God.
(c) They were insane.
(d) To please their father.
9. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
(a) He was friends with many politicians.
(b) He was wealthy and generous.
(c) He was young.
(d) He reminded them of Smith.
10. Why did Ron make the School of the Prophets his entire life?
(a) He'd lost his family.
(b) He wanted to find God.
(c) He needed guidance.
(d) His brothers convinced him.
11. What dilemma were Mormons faced with after the death of Smith?
(a) Selecting a new prophet.
(b) Where he should be buried.
(c) Where to settle next.
(d) How to change the prayers.
12. Who survived the Mountain Meadow Massacre?
(a) Half of the Francher group.
(b) Only young children.
(c) Only women and children.
(d) No one.
13. After Woodruff's reign, who believed polygamy was valid?
(b) Modern Mormons.
(c) The government.
14. Why was Dan's testimony crucial to Ron's trial?
(a) Ron had a violent history.
(b) Ron wasn't the mastermind.
(c) Ron was present for the murders.
(d) Ron tried to seduce Brenda.
15. Why did the attacking Mormons have to send a letter to Young while fighting the Francher group?
(a) The group held out longer than anticipated.
(b) The group offered them a bribe.
(c) There were many women and children.
(d) The group agreed to convert.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Brenda's death, what does her sister regret?
2. What happened to the two men from the Francher group that escaped?
3. What was Warren's tool for leadership?
4. How did Lee die?
5. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)