|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ron saw off the barrel of a shotgun?
(a) God told him to in his revelation.
(b) To pass the time.
(c) To destroy evidence.
(d) To make it more portable.
2. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
(a) He wanted to reason with her.
(b) He got a feeling he was supposed to.
(c) He forgot his glasses.
(d) He was angrier with her than before.
3. What dilemma were Mormons faced with after the death of Smith?
(a) How to change the prayers.
(b) Where to settle next.
(c) Selecting a new prophet.
(d) Where he should be buried.
4. Where were Ron and Dan driving to at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) The Dream Mine.
(c) Chloe Low's house.
(d) New York.
5. Why was Dan's testimony crucial to Ron's trial?
(a) Ron was present for the murders.
(b) Ron wasn't the mastermind.
(c) Ron had a violent history.
(d) Ron tried to seduce Brenda.
6. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
(a) Legislation passed by the government.
(b) Taylor's contribution to charity.
(c) The leaders' reckless spending.
(d) Financing wars.
7. Why did the LeBaron bothers go on a killing spree?
(a) To make money.
(b) To please their father.
(c) They were insane.
(d) To please God.
8. Knapp and Carnes explain that they felt _____ after the murder.
9. What made Allen different than his brothers?
(a) He'd always been fundamentalist.
(b) He hadn't converted to fundamentalism.
(c) He never married.
(d) He was adopted.
10. What did Noel Gardner and Richard Wootton explain about Ron's actions?
(a) He wanted attention by whatever means necessary.
(b) He was a fanatical believer in God.
(c) He believed he was killing his father by killing Brenda.
(d) He was acting out an interpretation of what he'd been taught as a child.
11. How long after Lee's prophecy did Young die?
(a) One week.
(b) Five years.
(c) One month.
(d) Five months.
12. What did Rulon Jeffs believe about himself?
(a) He was the chosen one.
(b) He was not as great as his father.
(c) He was meant to have many sons.
(d) He would be the ultimate prophet of the LDS.
13. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
(a) He was wealthy and generous.
(b) He was friends with many politicians.
(c) He was young.
(d) He reminded them of Smith.
14. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
(a) They tried to protect Brenda.
(b) They were present.
(c) They organized it.
(d) They called the police.
15. Who did the Francher group think was attacking them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mormons join the Confederacy?
2. In the Mormon Church. Ron was described as ________.
3. What were people afraid of after Rulon's death?
4. Why did the attacking Mormons have to send a letter to Young while fighting the Francher group?
5. Brigham Young was picked partially because of his beliefs on ______.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)