|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Ron and Dan driving to at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(b) The Dream Mine.
(c) Chloe Low's house.
(d) New York.
2. Why did Dame decide to do away with the emigrants?
(a) He'd been told by God.
(b) They hadn't heard from Young.
(c) They were good fighters.
(d) He was tired of the stand-off.
3. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
(a) Financing wars.
(b) Taylor's contribution to charity.
(c) The leaders' reckless spending.
(d) Legislation passed by the government.
4. Brigham Young was picked partially because of his beliefs on ______.
5. What did Noel Gardner and Richard Wootton explain about Ron's actions?
(a) He believed he was killing his father by killing Brenda.
(b) He was acting out an interpretation of what he'd been taught as a child.
(c) He was a fanatical believer in God.
(d) He wanted attention by whatever means necessary.
6. Garner believed Ron's revelation was a result of __________.
(a) God's will.
(b) Intentionally searching for revelations.
(c) Drugs and alcohol.
(d) A lifetime of neglect and abuse.
7. Krakauer explains that Dan _____ finished the murders.
8. What made Allen different than his brothers?
(a) He'd always been fundamentalist.
(b) He never married.
(c) He was adopted.
(d) He hadn't converted to fundamentalism.
9. Why did the LeBaron bothers go on a killing spree?
(a) They were insane.
(b) To please God.
(c) To please their father.
(d) To make money.
10. The Mormons decided to select a new leader based on the candidate's ______________.
(c) Ideas for overthrowing the government.
(d) Ideas about polygamy.
11. What did Young do to the Francher group memorial?
(a) Cured it.
(b) Destroyed it.
(c) Planted flowers nearby.
(d) Bought it.
12. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
(a) They called the police.
(b) They tried to protect Brenda.
(c) They organized it.
(d) They were present.
13. Why did the judge throw out Ron's first conviction?
(a) The judge felt he wasn't mentally competent.
(b) The judge wanted to see the evidence again.
(c) The judge thought he was innocent.
(d) The judge felt the jury was bribed.
14. Why didn't the Laffertys kill Chloe Low?
(a) Chloe Low begged them not to kill her.
(b) She wasn't at home.
(c) They had another revelation.
(d) They were caught by the police.
15. Knapp and Carnes explain that they felt _____ after the murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Warren's tool for leadership?
2. What was the most emotionally difficult aspect of the trial for Brenda's family?
3. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
4. Why did Ron saw off the barrel of a shotgun?
5. What happened to the two men from the Francher group that escaped?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)