|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
(a) He became more violent.
(b) He believed more of what Ron said.
(c) He became calm and serene.
(d) He became less sure about their plan.
2. Why wasn't Dame's burial of the Francher group successful?
(a) They didn't fill the hole.
(b) The government noticed the headstones.
(c) They told people where they'd buried them.
(d) An animal dug up the shallow graves.
3. Why did Brenda's family blame Allen for her murder?
(a) He prayed for it to happen.
(b) He gave them money for the murder.
(c) He provoked his brothers.
(d) He didn't warn her.
4. What did Warren do with Rulon's ferry service?
(a) Closed it.
(b) Sold it.
(c) Kept it open.
(d) Abandoned it.
5. Why does Dan stay with Ron through Ron's plan?
(a) He received a revelation telling him to stay.
(b) He needed the money.
(c) He didn't have anywhere else to go.
(d) Ron threatened him.
6. How did Lavina Stubbs loose all her money?
(a) Poor investments.
(b) In Brady's scheme.
(c) Her husband.
7. Krakauer observes that the justice system and the Mormon Church had ______ in common.
(a) Basic beliefs.
(c) Blood atonement.
8. What did the doctors find about Ron while examining him before his second trial?
(a) He was playing mind games.
(b) He was mentally competent.
(c) He had a rare disease.
(d) He wasn't competent to stand trial.
9. Why was Lee banished from Colorado City?
(a) He was refusing to comply with simple rules.
(b) He was involved in the Mountain Meadow Massacre.
(c) He was making secret plans to reinstate polygamy.
(d) He stole from the church.
10. Why did Dame decide to do away with the emigrants?
(a) They were good fighters.
(b) He'd been told by God.
(c) He was tired of the stand-off.
(d) They hadn't heard from Young.
11. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
(a) He forgot his glasses.
(b) He was angrier with her than before.
(c) He got a feeling he was supposed to.
(d) He wanted to reason with her.
12. Who survived the Mountain Meadow Massacre?
(a) Only women and children.
(b) Only young children.
(c) No one.
(d) Half of the Francher group.
13. Knapp and Carnes explain that they felt _____ after the murder.
14. What did Young do to the Francher group memorial?
(a) Destroyed it.
(b) Cured it.
(c) Planted flowers nearby.
(d) Bought it.
15. How was Ron able to convince Dan to help him in his murder plan?
(a) He told Dan it was God's will.
(b) He paid him.
(c) He threatened him.
(d) He told Dan he needed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Francher group think was attacking them?
2. What did the crimes of the LeBarons and Laffertys have in common?
3. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
4. What was Woodruff's stance on polygamy?
5. In the Mormon Church. Ron was described as ________.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)