|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most emotionally difficult aspect of the trial for Brenda's family?
(a) Reading her journals.
(b) Fearing an innocent verdict.
(c) Seeing Ron.
(d) Facing Allen.
2. How was Ron able to convince Dan to help him in his murder plan?
(a) He paid him.
(b) He threatened him.
(c) He told Dan it was God's will.
(d) He told Dan he needed him.
3. What was Ron's choice for his execution?
(b) A firing squad.
4. How did Lee die?
(a) Old age.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He was executed.
(d) He killed himself.
5. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
(a) She wanted them to convert to Christianity.
(b) Ron was bored.
(c) The brothers looked up to him.
(d) She wanted to get him out of the house.
6. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
(a) When Allen built a shrine in their kitchen.
(b) When Allen refused to take their baby to the doctor.
(c) When Allen stopped eating for a month.
(d) When they tried to burn down her house.
7. What did Young do to the Francher group memorial?
(a) Destroyed it.
(b) Cured it.
(c) Bought it.
(d) Planted flowers nearby.
8. Why did Ron saw off the barrel of a shotgun?
(a) To make it more portable.
(b) To pass the time.
(c) God told him to in his revelation.
(d) To destroy evidence.
9. Why did the judge throw out Ron's first conviction?
(a) The judge thought he was innocent.
(b) The judge felt he wasn't mentally competent.
(c) The judge wanted to see the evidence again.
(d) The judge felt the jury was bribed.
10. What was historic about Woodruff's leadership?
(a) It established Salt Lake City.
(b) It caused the split in the church.
(c) It cause unity in the church.
(d) It angered the government.
11. Taylor held his beliefs long after _________.
(a) The creation of Section 132.
(b) His wife's death.
(c) The Edmunds Act of 1882.
(d) His excommunication.
12. What was Woodruff's stance on polygamy?
(a) He was against it.
(b) He hadn't taken a stance yet.
(c) He felt it was a personal choice.
(d) He supported it.
13. Who encouraged Dianna to leave her husband?
(d) Her mother.
14. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
(b) Kill her.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Rob her.
15. What did vigilantes do after Smith and Hyrum's killers were found innocent?
(a) Burned Mormon homes.
(b) Defaced their graves.
(c) Apologized to the Mormons.
(d) Threw a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Francher group think was attacking them?
2. What did Warren do with Rulon's ferry service?
3. How did Lavina Stubbs loose all her money?
4. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 20, Krakauer revisits the story of _________.
5. What did John Taylor support?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)