|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
(a) She wanted them to convert to Christianity.
(b) She wanted to get him out of the house.
(c) The brothers looked up to him.
(d) Ron was bored.
2. What did the doctors find about Ron while examining him before his second trial?
(a) He had a rare disease.
(b) He was playing mind games.
(c) He wasn't competent to stand trial.
(d) He was mentally competent.
3. After changing his beliefs, Woodruff told his followers polygamy was a ______ principle.
4. How was Ron able to convince Dan to help him in his murder plan?
(a) He threatened him.
(b) He told Dan he needed him.
(c) He told Dan it was God's will.
(d) He paid him.
5. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
(a) The leaders' reckless spending.
(b) Legislation passed by the government.
(c) Taylor's contribution to charity.
(d) Financing wars.
6. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
(a) He got a feeling he was supposed to.
(b) He forgot his glasses.
(c) He wanted to reason with her.
(d) He was angrier with her than before.
7. The Mormons decided to select a new leader based on the candidate's ______________.
(b) Ideas for overthrowing the government.
(c) Ideas about polygamy.
8. Unhappy with Warren's leadership, what did many predict would happen?
(a) The government would attack them.
(b) A new leader would take over.
(c) More people would join.
(d) People would break away from the church.
9. At first, it was anticipated that _____________was to be Smith's successor.
(a) His younger brother.
(b) Brigham Young.
(c) Smith's son.
(d) A young woman.
10. Why did Mormons join the Confederacy?
(a) They were against the United States government.
(b) They were paid to join.
(c) They liked the South.
(d) They wanted to keep their slaves.
11. Why were some nervous about allowing Ron to use an insanity plea?
(a) He would be found innocent.
(b) It could make others sympathetic to him.
(c) It would give Ron a superiority complex.
(d) It could change the way religion was handled in court.
12. Smith did NOT leave his followers with guidelines on ______________.
(a) How to select a new prophet.
(b) Where to settle next.
(c) How to bury a Mormon.
(d) How to change the prayers.
13. What did Warren do with Rulon's ferry service?
(a) Closed it.
(b) Kept it open.
(c) Abandoned it.
(d) Sold it.
14. Where was the Francher group headed?
15. Who encouraged Dianna to leave her husband?
(a) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Woodruff change his position on polygamy?
2. What dilemma were Mormons faced with after the death of Smith?
3. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
4. What were the Mormons' hopes for the outcome of the Civil War?
5. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)