|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Noel Gardner and Richard Wootton explain about Ron's actions?
(a) He was acting out an interpretation of what he'd been taught as a child.
(b) He was a fanatical believer in God.
(c) He believed he was killing his father by killing Brenda.
(d) He wanted attention by whatever means necessary.
2. Who encouraged Dianna to leave her husband?
(b) Her mother.
3. Why did Ron make the School of the Prophets his entire life?
(a) He wanted to find God.
(b) He'd lost his family.
(c) His brothers convinced him.
(d) He needed guidance.
4. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Rob her.
5. Why did the attacking Mormons have to send a letter to Young while fighting the Francher group?
(a) The group agreed to convert.
(b) The group held out longer than anticipated.
(c) The group offered them a bribe.
(d) There were many women and children.
6. Why didn't the Laffertys kill Chloe Low?
(a) Chloe Low begged them not to kill her.
(b) They had another revelation.
(c) She wasn't at home.
(d) They were caught by the police.
7. What did the doctors find about Ron while examining him before his second trial?
(a) He had a rare disease.
(b) He was playing mind games.
(c) He wasn't competent to stand trial.
(d) He was mentally competent.
8. What was the Illinois governor's one condition for the cease-fire?
(a) The Mormons had to repair the damage.
(b) The Mormons had to leave the United States.
(c) The Mormons had to apologize.
(d) The Mormons had to pay them a million dollars.
9. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
(a) They were present.
(b) They tried to protect Brenda.
(c) They called the police.
(d) They organized it.
10. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
(a) The leaders' reckless spending.
(b) Taylor's contribution to charity.
(c) Legislation passed by the government.
(d) Financing wars.
11. Why did Onias value the Lafferty brothers?
(a) They were related.
(b) He felt God sent them to him.
(c) He had their unconditional love.
(d) They were the only members of his school.
12. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
(a) They were looking for an old signature.
(b) They were searching for the Dream Mine.
(c) They were looking for the Francher group.
(d) They were planning to settle there.
13. Lee prophesied that Young would die within _______ if he was innocent.
(a) A year.
(b) One month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two days.
14. Why did Young choose to settle near the Great Salt Lake?
(a) It was good farm land.
(b) It was their promise land.
(c) Many Mormons were already there.
(d) It wasn't part of the United States.
15. Why was the Francher group targeted by the Mormons?
(a) They were politicians.
(b) Young had stirred up anger.
(c) They were former allies.
(d) They represented evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Ron and Dan discuss their plan at their mother's house, she is _____ within hearing distance.
2. Why wasn't Dame's burial of the Francher group successful?
3. Where was the Francher group headed?
4. The LeBaron brothers thought themselves to be _______________.
5. What was the most emotionally difficult aspect of the trial for Brenda's family?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)