|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Laffertys decide to abandon the rest of their plan?
(a) They had another revelation.
(b) Allen was sick and needed help.
(c) They needed to run from the cops.
(d) They took a wrong turn.
2. Why did Brenda's family blame Allen for her murder?
(a) He provoked his brothers.
(b) He prayed for it to happen.
(c) He didn't warn her.
(d) He gave them money for the murder.
3. How did Lavina Stubbs loose all her money?
(b) Her husband.
(c) In Brady's scheme.
(d) Poor investments.
4. Krakauer observes that the justice system and the Mormon Church had ______ in common.
(c) Basic beliefs.
(d) Blood atonement.
5. Why did Young choose to settle near the Great Salt Lake?
(a) Many Mormons were already there.
(b) It wasn't part of the United States.
(c) It was good farm land.
(d) It was their promise land.
6. The LeBaron brothers thought themselves to be _______________.
(a) Lambs of God.
(b) Soldiers of the Devil.
7. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
(a) He believed more of what Ron said.
(b) He became less sure about their plan.
(c) He became calm and serene.
(d) He became more violent.
8. What would have been the benefit of Ron using an insanity plea?
(a) He wouldn't be given the death sentence.
(b) He would have been more sympathetic.
(c) He could have acted however he wanted.
(d) He would've had more publicity.
9. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 20, Krakauer revisits the story of _________.
(a) The Lafferty murders.
(b) The angel Moroni.
(c) The Mountain Meadow Massacre.
(d) Young's rise to power.
10. Where were Ron and Dan driving to at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) Chloe Low's house.
(b) The Dream Mine.
(d) New York.
11. What made Allen different than his brothers?
(a) He hadn't converted to fundamentalism.
(b) He'd always been fundamentalist.
(c) He was adopted.
(d) He never married.
12. What happened to the two men from the Francher group that escaped?
(a) They surrendered.
(b) They got help from Indians.
(c) They were caught and killed.
(d) They got lost.
13. Why did the judge throw out Ron's first conviction?
(a) The judge wanted to see the evidence again.
(b) The judge felt the jury was bribed.
(c) The judge felt he wasn't mentally competent.
(d) The judge thought he was innocent.
14. What did John Taylor support?
15. Where was the Francher group headed?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Mormon Church. Ron was described as ________.
2. What was historic about Woodruff's leadership?
3. At first, it was anticipated that _____________was to be Smith's successor.
4. How did Ron and Dan look when they left Brenda's house?
5. Garner believed Ron's revelation was a result of __________.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)