|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garner believed Ron's revelation was a result of __________.
(a) Intentionally searching for revelations.
(b) Drugs and alcohol.
(c) God's will.
(d) A lifetime of neglect and abuse.
2. What was Ron's attitude at his first trial?
(a) He was strong and defensive.
(b) He was verbally abusive to the judge.
(c) He as quiet and patient.
(d) He was sobbing and apologizing.
3. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
(a) When Allen stopped eating for a month.
(b) When they tried to burn down her house.
(c) When Allen built a shrine in their kitchen.
(d) When Allen refused to take their baby to the doctor.
4. What was the most emotionally difficult aspect of the trial for Brenda's family?
(a) Facing Allen.
(b) Seeing Ron.
(c) Fearing an innocent verdict.
(d) Reading her journals.
5. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
(a) Ron was bored.
(b) She wanted to get him out of the house.
(c) The brothers looked up to him.
(d) She wanted them to convert to Christianity.
6. After Brenda's death, what does her sister regret?
(a) Encouraging her to go back to Allen.
(b) Not warning her.
(c) Not saying goodbye.
(d) Marrying into the Lafferty family.
7. What was Warren's tool for leadership?
(d) Family history.
8. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
(a) They were searching for the Dream Mine.
(b) They were planning to settle there.
(c) They were looking for the Francher group.
(d) They were looking for an old signature.
9. Smith did NOT leave his followers with guidelines on ______________.
(a) How to select a new prophet.
(b) Where to settle next.
(c) How to change the prayers.
(d) How to bury a Mormon.
10. After Woodruff's reign, who believed polygamy was valid?
(c) Modern Mormons.
(d) The government.
11. Krakauer explains that Dan _____ finished the murders.
12. Why did the LeBaron bothers go on a killing spree?
(a) They were insane.
(b) To make money.
(c) To please God.
(d) To please their father.
13. What happened to the two men from the Francher group that escaped?
(a) They got lost.
(b) They got help from Indians.
(c) They surrendered.
(d) They were caught and killed.
14. Unhappy with Warren's leadership, what did many predict would happen?
(a) The government would attack them.
(b) More people would join.
(c) A new leader would take over.
(d) People would break away from the church.
15. Why does Dan stay with Ron through Ron's plan?
(a) He received a revelation telling him to stay.
(b) He needed the money.
(c) He didn't have anywhere else to go.
(d) Ron threatened him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Allen different than his brothers?
2. How did Lee die?
3. What did the doctors find about Ron while examining him before his second trial?
4. What was the speculation about why Smith's successor died?
5. After changing his beliefs, Woodruff told his followers polygamy was a ______ principle.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)