|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Knapp and Carnes explain that they felt _____ after the murder.
2. Why did Mormons join the Confederacy?
(a) They wanted to keep their slaves.
(b) They were paid to join.
(c) They liked the South.
(d) They were against the United States government.
3. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
(a) When Allen built a shrine in their kitchen.
(b) When Allen stopped eating for a month.
(c) When Allen refused to take their baby to the doctor.
(d) When they tried to burn down her house.
4. What was Ron's choice for his execution?
(a) A firing squad.
5. Brigham Young was picked partially because of his beliefs on ______.
6. Why did the attacking Mormons have to send a letter to Young while fighting the Francher group?
(a) The group agreed to convert.
(b) The group held out longer than anticipated.
(c) There were many women and children.
(d) The group offered them a bribe.
7. Why was Dan's testimony crucial to Ron's trial?
(a) Ron tried to seduce Brenda.
(b) Ron wasn't the mastermind.
(c) Ron had a violent history.
(d) Ron was present for the murders.
8. What were the Mormons' hopes for the outcome of the Civil War?
(a) The Confederacy would win.
(b) They would be rewarded by God.
(c) Europe would intervene.
(d) Both sides would destroy each other.
9. What was the speculation about why Smith's successor died?
(a) He was killed by the governor.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He fell off a cliff.
(d) He was poisoned.
10. What happened to the two men from the Francher group that escaped?
(a) They were caught and killed.
(b) They got help from Indians.
(c) They surrendered.
(d) They got lost.
11. The LeBaron brothers thought themselves to be _______________.
(a) Lambs of God.
(b) Soldiers of the Devil.
12. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
(a) The brothers looked up to him.
(b) Ron was bored.
(c) She wanted to get him out of the house.
(d) She wanted them to convert to Christianity.
13. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
(a) They were present.
(b) They tried to protect Brenda.
(c) They organized it.
(d) They called the police.
14. Why did Dame decide to do away with the emigrants?
(a) He'd been told by God.
(b) He was tired of the stand-off.
(c) They were good fighters.
(d) They hadn't heard from Young.
15. At first, it was anticipated that _____________was to be Smith's successor.
(a) A young woman.
(b) Brigham Young.
(c) His younger brother.
(d) Smith's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the doctors find about Ron while examining him before his second trial?
2. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
3. What was the result of Ron's meeting with his brothers?
4. Why wasn't Dame's burial of the Francher group successful?
5. Garner believed Ron's revelation was a result of __________.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)