Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
(a) They were looking for the Francher group.
(b) They were looking for an old signature.
(c) They were searching for the Dream Mine.
(d) They were planning to settle there.
2. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Rob her.
(d) Kill her.
3. How did Lavina Stubbs loose all her money?
(a) Poor investments.
(b) In Brady's scheme.
(d) Her husband.
4. What was the most emotionally difficult aspect of the trial for Brenda's family?
(a) Fearing an innocent verdict.
(b) Reading her journals.
(c) Seeing Ron.
(d) Facing Allen.
5. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
(a) She wanted to get him out of the house.
(b) The brothers looked up to him.
(c) Ron was bored.
(d) She wanted them to convert to Christianity.
6. Why was Lee banished from Colorado City?
(a) He was making secret plans to reinstate polygamy.
(b) He was refusing to comply with simple rules.
(c) He stole from the church.
(d) He was involved in the Mountain Meadow Massacre.
7. What was Woodruff's stance on polygamy?
(a) He hadn't taken a stance yet.
(b) He was against it.
(c) He felt it was a personal choice.
(d) He supported it.
8. Krakauer observes that the justice system and the Mormon Church had ______ in common.
(c) Blood atonement.
(d) Basic beliefs.
9. After Brenda's death, what does her sister regret?
(a) Not warning her.
(b) Encouraging her to go back to Allen.
(c) Not saying goodbye.
(d) Marrying into the Lafferty family.
10. What was Ron's attitude at his first trial?
(a) He as quiet and patient.
(b) He was verbally abusive to the judge.
(c) He was sobbing and apologizing.
(d) He was strong and defensive.
11. What did the doctors find about Ron while examining him before his second trial?
(a) He had a rare disease.
(b) He was mentally competent.
(c) He wasn't competent to stand trial.
(d) He was playing mind games.
12. Why did the attacking Mormons have to send a letter to Young while fighting the Francher group?
(a) The group offered them a bribe.
(b) The group agreed to convert.
(c) There were many women and children.
(d) The group held out longer than anticipated.
13. Why were some nervous about allowing Ron to use an insanity plea?
(a) He would be found innocent.
(b) It could change the way religion was handled in court.
(c) It would give Ron a superiority complex.
(d) It could make others sympathetic to him.
14. Why did Mormons join the Confederacy?
(a) They were paid to join.
(b) They liked the South.
(c) They wanted to keep their slaves.
(d) They were against the United States government.
15. What was Ron's choice for his execution?
(d) A firing squad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the speculation about why Smith's successor died?
2. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
3. The Mormons decided to select a new leader based on the candidate's ______________.
4. The LeBaron brothers thought themselves to be _______________.
5. What did vigilantes do after Smith and Hyrum's killers were found innocent?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)