|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
(a) He got a feeling he was supposed to.
(b) He forgot his glasses.
(c) He was angrier with her than before.
(d) He wanted to reason with her.
2. Why didn't the Laffertys kill Chloe Low?
(a) She wasn't at home.
(b) They were caught by the police.
(c) Chloe Low begged them not to kill her.
(d) They had another revelation.
3. Unhappy with Warren's leadership, what did many predict would happen?
(a) The government would attack them.
(b) A new leader would take over.
(c) More people would join.
(d) People would break away from the church.
4. How did Lee die?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) Old age.
(d) He was executed.
5. The LeBaron brothers thought themselves to be _______________.
(c) Soldiers of the Devil.
(d) Lambs of God.
6. What were people afraid of after Rulon's death?
(a) The church would go bankrupt.
(b) There would be conflict between sects of the LDS.
(c) The new leader would lead them astray.
(d) The government would kick them out.
7. Why was Dan's testimony crucial to Ron's trial?
(a) Ron wasn't the mastermind.
(b) Ron tried to seduce Brenda.
(c) Ron had a violent history.
(d) Ron was present for the murders.
8. Why did Onias value the Lafferty brothers?
(a) He had their unconditional love.
(b) They were the only members of his school.
(c) They were related.
(d) He felt God sent them to him.
9. After Brenda's death, what does her sister regret?
(a) Marrying into the Lafferty family.
(b) Not warning her.
(c) Not saying goodbye.
(d) Encouraging her to go back to Allen.
10. What was the result of Ron's meeting with his brothers?
(a) He'd driven them insane.
(b) He'd converted to their beliefs.
(c) He brought them back to the LDS.
(d) He lost all hope in his family.
11. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
(a) Taylor's contribution to charity.
(b) Financing wars.
(c) The leaders' reckless spending.
(d) Legislation passed by the government.
12. What did the first two psychiatrists offer as an explanation for Ron's actions?
(a) He truly thought it was God's will.
(b) He couldn't understand his actions or consequences.
(c) He'd been paid to do it by Dan.
(d) He knew what he was doing was wrong but didn't care.
13. Where were Ron and Dan driving to at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) New York.
(c) Chloe Low's house.
(d) The Dream Mine.
14. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
(a) He became more violent.
(b) He became less sure about their plan.
(c) He believed more of what Ron said.
(d) He became calm and serene.
15. In the Mormon Church. Ron was described as ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the doctors find about Ron while examining him before his second trial?
2. Why did Young choose to settle near the Great Salt Lake?
3. Why did the LeBaron bothers go on a killing spree?
4. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
5. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 20, Krakauer revisits the story of _________.
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)