|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ron and Dan look when they left Brenda's house?
(a) Raving mad.
(c) Covered in blood.
2. Why did the attacking Mormons have to send a letter to Young while fighting the Francher group?
(a) The group held out longer than anticipated.
(b) The group offered them a bribe.
(c) There were many women and children.
(d) The group agreed to convert.
3. What was Warren's tool for leadership?
(b) Family history.
4. Why was Dan's testimony crucial to Ron's trial?
(a) Ron tried to seduce Brenda.
(b) Ron was present for the murders.
(c) Ron had a violent history.
(d) Ron wasn't the mastermind.
5. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
(a) They were present.
(b) They called the police.
(c) They organized it.
(d) They tried to protect Brenda.
6. Why did Dame decide to do away with the emigrants?
(a) They were good fighters.
(b) He'd been told by God.
(c) He was tired of the stand-off.
(d) They hadn't heard from Young.
7. What was historic about Woodruff's leadership?
(a) It caused the split in the church.
(b) It angered the government.
(c) It established Salt Lake City.
(d) It cause unity in the church.
8. Why was Lee banished from Colorado City?
(a) He was refusing to comply with simple rules.
(b) He was involved in the Mountain Meadow Massacre.
(c) He stole from the church.
(d) He was making secret plans to reinstate polygamy.
9. What did Rulon Jeffs believe about himself?
(a) He would be the ultimate prophet of the LDS.
(b) He was the chosen one.
(c) He was not as great as his father.
(d) He was meant to have many sons.
10. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
(a) Financing wars.
(b) The leaders' reckless spending.
(c) Taylor's contribution to charity.
(d) Legislation passed by the government.
11. What did John Taylor support?
12. What was the result of Ron's meeting with his brothers?
(a) He'd driven them insane.
(b) He lost all hope in his family.
(c) He'd converted to their beliefs.
(d) He brought them back to the LDS.
13. The Mormons decided to select a new leader based on the candidate's ______________.
(a) Ideas for overthrowing the government.
(b) Ideas about polygamy.
14. Why did Ron make the School of the Prophets his entire life?
(a) He wanted to find God.
(b) His brothers convinced him.
(c) He needed guidance.
(d) He'd lost his family.
15. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
(a) He was wealthy and generous.
(b) He reminded them of Smith.
(c) He was friends with many politicians.
(d) He was young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dilemma were Mormons faced with after the death of Smith?
2. Why did Brenda's family blame Allen for her murder?
3. What would have been the benefit of Ron using an insanity plea?
4. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
5. Krakauer observes that the justice system and the Mormon Church had ______ in common.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)