|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
(a) He forgot his glasses.
(b) He got a feeling he was supposed to.
(c) He was angrier with her than before.
(d) He wanted to reason with her.
2. Krakauer explains that Dan _____ finished the murders.
3. What did vigilantes do after Smith and Hyrum's killers were found innocent?
(a) Apologized to the Mormons.
(b) Threw a party.
(c) Defaced their graves.
(d) Burned Mormon homes.
4. Lee prophesied that Young would die within _______ if he was innocent.
(a) One month.
(b) Two days.
(c) A year.
(d) Six months.
5. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
(a) When Allen built a shrine in their kitchen.
(b) When they tried to burn down her house.
(c) When Allen stopped eating for a month.
(d) When Allen refused to take their baby to the doctor.
6. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
(a) Ron was bored.
(b) The brothers looked up to him.
(c) She wanted to get him out of the house.
(d) She wanted them to convert to Christianity.
7. Why did Ron saw off the barrel of a shotgun?
(a) To pass the time.
(b) God told him to in his revelation.
(c) To make it more portable.
(d) To destroy evidence.
8. What was Ron's attitude at his first trial?
(a) He was sobbing and apologizing.
(b) He was strong and defensive.
(c) He as quiet and patient.
(d) He was verbally abusive to the judge.
9. What did Rulon Jeffs believe about himself?
(a) He was meant to have many sons.
(b) He was the chosen one.
(c) He was not as great as his father.
(d) He would be the ultimate prophet of the LDS.
10. After changing his beliefs, Woodruff told his followers polygamy was a ______ principle.
11. Why wasn't Dame's burial of the Francher group successful?
(a) They told people where they'd buried them.
(b) They didn't fill the hole.
(c) An animal dug up the shallow graves.
(d) The government noticed the headstones.
12. What did the doctors find about Ron while examining him before his second trial?
(a) He had a rare disease.
(b) He was playing mind games.
(c) He wasn't competent to stand trial.
(d) He was mentally competent.
13. What did Noel Gardner and Richard Wootton explain about Ron's actions?
(a) He wanted attention by whatever means necessary.
(b) He believed he was killing his father by killing Brenda.
(c) He was a fanatical believer in God.
(d) He was acting out an interpretation of what he'd been taught as a child.
14. What did the crimes of the LeBarons and Laffertys have in common?
(a) They believed they were justified by God.
(b) They were the same age.
(c) The victims were wives and children.
(d) They were students of Onias.
15. What was historic about Woodruff's leadership?
(a) It established Salt Lake City.
(b) It cause unity in the church.
(c) It caused the split in the church.
(d) It angered the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Francher group targeted by the Mormons?
2. What was the most emotionally difficult aspect of the trial for Brenda's family?
3. What was the speculation about why Smith's successor died?
4. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
5. Where was the Francher group headed?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)