|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brigham Young was picked partially because of his beliefs on ______.
2. What was Woodruff's stance on polygamy?
(a) He hadn't taken a stance yet.
(b) He supported it.
(c) He felt it was a personal choice.
(d) He was against it.
3. Why did Ron saw off the barrel of a shotgun?
(a) To destroy evidence.
(b) To pass the time.
(c) God told him to in his revelation.
(d) To make it more portable.
4. What did the first two psychiatrists offer as an explanation for Ron's actions?
(a) He truly thought it was God's will.
(b) He'd been paid to do it by Dan.
(c) He couldn't understand his actions or consequences.
(d) He knew what he was doing was wrong but didn't care.
5. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
(a) She wanted them to convert to Christianity.
(b) She wanted to get him out of the house.
(c) Ron was bored.
(d) The brothers looked up to him.
6. What did vigilantes do after Smith and Hyrum's killers were found innocent?
(a) Burned Mormon homes.
(b) Apologized to the Mormons.
(c) Defaced their graves.
(d) Threw a party.
7. The Mormons decided to select a new leader based on the candidate's ______________.
(b) Ideas for overthrowing the government.
(d) Ideas about polygamy.
8. Why did Young choose to settle near the Great Salt Lake?
(a) Many Mormons were already there.
(b) It wasn't part of the United States.
(c) It was good farm land.
(d) It was their promise land.
9. Taylor held his beliefs long after _________.
(a) His wife's death.
(b) The Edmunds Act of 1882.
(c) His excommunication.
(d) The creation of Section 132.
10. What were the Mormons' hopes for the outcome of the Civil War?
(a) They would be rewarded by God.
(b) Europe would intervene.
(c) The Confederacy would win.
(d) Both sides would destroy each other.
11. Knapp and Carnes explain that they felt _____ after the murder.
12. Why wasn't Dame's burial of the Francher group successful?
(a) An animal dug up the shallow graves.
(b) The government noticed the headstones.
(c) They told people where they'd buried them.
(d) They didn't fill the hole.
13. Why did the LeBaron bothers go on a killing spree?
(a) To please God.
(b) To please their father.
(c) They were insane.
(d) To make money.
14. What were people afraid of after Rulon's death?
(a) There would be conflict between sects of the LDS.
(b) The church would go bankrupt.
(c) The new leader would lead them astray.
(d) The government would kick them out.
15. Krakauer explains that Dan _____ finished the murders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Warren's tool for leadership?
2. What did the crimes of the LeBarons and Laffertys have in common?
3. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
4. What did the doctors find about Ron while examining him before his second trial?
5. What did the Mormon people need in their struggle that Young offered them?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)