|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lavina Stubbs loose all her money?
(a) Her husband.
(b) In Brady's scheme.
(d) Poor investments.
2. Smith did NOT leave his followers with guidelines on ______________.
(a) Where to settle next.
(b) How to change the prayers.
(c) How to bury a Mormon.
(d) How to select a new prophet.
3. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
(a) They called the police.
(b) They organized it.
(c) They were present.
(d) They tried to protect Brenda.
4. How long after Lee's prophecy did Young die?
(a) One week.
(b) Five months.
(c) One month.
(d) Five years.
5. What was the speculation about why Smith's successor died?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He was poisoned.
(c) He was killed by the governor.
(d) He fell off a cliff.
6. After changing his beliefs, Woodruff told his followers polygamy was a ______ principle.
7. Why did the attacking Mormons have to send a letter to Young while fighting the Francher group?
(a) The group offered them a bribe.
(b) The group agreed to convert.
(c) There were many women and children.
(d) The group held out longer than anticipated.
8. What did Young do to the Francher group memorial?
(a) Planted flowers nearby.
(b) Destroyed it.
(c) Bought it.
(d) Cured it.
9. What happened to the two men from the Francher group that escaped?
(a) They got lost.
(b) They surrendered.
(c) They were caught and killed.
(d) They got help from Indians.
10. In the Mormon Church. Ron was described as ________.
11. Knapp and Carnes explain that they felt _____ after the murder.
12. What was the Illinois governor's one condition for the cease-fire?
(a) The Mormons had to repair the damage.
(b) The Mormons had to apologize.
(c) The Mormons had to pay them a million dollars.
(d) The Mormons had to leave the United States.
13. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
(a) When they tried to burn down her house.
(b) When Allen built a shrine in their kitchen.
(c) When Allen stopped eating for a month.
(d) When Allen refused to take their baby to the doctor.
14. After Woodruff's reign, who believed polygamy was valid?
(b) Modern Mormons.
(c) The government.
15. Why did Brenda's family blame Allen for her murder?
(a) He provoked his brothers.
(b) He didn't warn her.
(c) He prayed for it to happen.
(d) He gave them money for the murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
2. What did the doctors find about Ron while examining him before his second trial?
3. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
4. Why did the judge throw out Ron's first conviction?
5. Why did Dame decide to do away with the emigrants?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)