|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Dianna become unhappy with her marriage to Ron?
(a) When he began to have affairs.
(b) When he started gambling away their money.
(c) When he tried to marry her sister.
(d) When he tried to marry off their daughters as plural wives.
2. What made Allen different than his brothers?
(a) He hadn't converted to fundamentalism.
(b) He'd always been fundamentalist.
(c) He was adopted.
(d) He never married.
3. What was Ron's attitude at his first trial?
(a) He was verbally abusive to the judge.
(b) He was sobbing and apologizing.
(c) He as quiet and patient.
(d) He was strong and defensive.
4. Who did the Francher group think was attacking them?
5. Why did Ron saw off the barrel of a shotgun?
(a) God told him to in his revelation.
(b) To destroy evidence.
(c) To pass the time.
(d) To make it more portable.
6. What was Warren's tool for leadership?
(c) Family history.
7. What did Young do to the Francher group memorial?
(a) Cured it.
(b) Destroyed it.
(c) Planted flowers nearby.
(d) Bought it.
8. In the Mormon Church. Ron was described as ________.
9. What did Rulon Jeffs believe about himself?
(a) He was meant to have many sons.
(b) He was not as great as his father.
(c) He was the chosen one.
(d) He would be the ultimate prophet of the LDS.
10. Why did Brenda's family blame Allen for her murder?
(a) He didn't warn her.
(b) He prayed for it to happen.
(c) He gave them money for the murder.
(d) He provoked his brothers.
11. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
(a) They were planning to settle there.
(b) They were looking for an old signature.
(c) They were searching for the Dream Mine.
(d) They were looking for the Francher group.
12. After changing his beliefs, Woodruff told his followers polygamy was a ______ principle.
13. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
(b) Call the police.
(c) Rob her.
(d) Kill her.
14. What would have been the benefit of Ron using an insanity plea?
(a) He would've had more publicity.
(b) He wouldn't be given the death sentence.
(c) He would have been more sympathetic.
(d) He could have acted however he wanted.
15. Why was Lee banished from Colorado City?
(a) He was involved in the Mountain Meadow Massacre.
(b) He was refusing to comply with simple rules.
(c) He was making secret plans to reinstate polygamy.
(d) He stole from the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did vigilantes do after Smith and Hyrum's killers were found innocent?
2. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
3. The LeBaron brothers thought themselves to be _______________.
4. What did the crimes of the LeBarons and Laffertys have in common?
5. What dilemma were Mormons faced with after the death of Smith?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)