|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Mormons' hopes for the outcome of the Civil War?
(a) Europe would intervene.
(b) They would be rewarded by God.
(c) Both sides would destroy each other.
(d) The Confederacy would win.
2. What did the first two psychiatrists offer as an explanation for Ron's actions?
(a) He'd been paid to do it by Dan.
(b) He knew what he was doing was wrong but didn't care.
(c) He couldn't understand his actions or consequences.
(d) He truly thought it was God's will.
3. Why did Ron saw off the barrel of a shotgun?
(a) To make it more portable.
(b) To pass the time.
(c) To destroy evidence.
(d) God told him to in his revelation.
4. Why did the Laffertys decide to abandon the rest of their plan?
(a) They had another revelation.
(b) They needed to run from the cops.
(c) Allen was sick and needed help.
(d) They took a wrong turn.
5. How was Ron able to convince Dan to help him in his murder plan?
(a) He paid him.
(b) He threatened him.
(c) He told Dan it was God's will.
(d) He told Dan he needed him.
6. What made Allen different than his brothers?
(a) He never married.
(b) He was adopted.
(c) He hadn't converted to fundamentalism.
(d) He'd always been fundamentalist.
7. What would have been the benefit of Ron using an insanity plea?
(a) He would've had more publicity.
(b) He wouldn't be given the death sentence.
(c) He could have acted however he wanted.
(d) He would have been more sympathetic.
8. In the Mormon Church. Ron was described as ________.
9. What was the result of Ron's meeting with his brothers?
(a) He'd driven them insane.
(b) He'd converted to their beliefs.
(c) He brought them back to the LDS.
(d) He lost all hope in his family.
10. Why did Ron make the School of the Prophets his entire life?
(a) He wanted to find God.
(b) His brothers convinced him.
(c) He'd lost his family.
(d) He needed guidance.
11. What did Rulon Jeffs believe about himself?
(a) He was the chosen one.
(b) He was meant to have many sons.
(c) He would be the ultimate prophet of the LDS.
(d) He was not as great as his father.
12. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Rob her.
(c) Call the police.
13. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
(a) The brothers looked up to him.
(b) She wanted them to convert to Christianity.
(c) Ron was bored.
(d) She wanted to get him out of the house.
14. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
(a) They organized it.
(b) They were present.
(c) They tried to protect Brenda.
(d) They called the police.
15. What did the doctors find about Ron while examining him before his second trial?
(a) He wasn't competent to stand trial.
(b) He had a rare disease.
(c) He was mentally competent.
(d) He was playing mind games.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Woodruff change his position on polygamy?
2. What did vigilantes do after Smith and Hyrum's killers were found innocent?
3. Why did Dame decide to do away with the emigrants?
4. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
5. Why did the attacking Mormons have to send a letter to Young while fighting the Francher group?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)