|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encouraged Dianna to leave her husband?
(d) Her mother.
2. Who did the Francher group think was attacking them?
3. How did Ron and Dan look when they left Brenda's house?
(c) Covered in blood.
(d) Raving mad.
4. Garner believed Ron's revelation was a result of __________.
(a) Intentionally searching for revelations.
(b) God's will.
(c) A lifetime of neglect and abuse.
(d) Drugs and alcohol.
5. Why did the Laffertys decide to abandon the rest of their plan?
(a) Allen was sick and needed help.
(b) They had another revelation.
(c) They took a wrong turn.
(d) They needed to run from the cops.
6. After Brenda's death, what does her sister regret?
(a) Not saying goodbye.
(b) Not warning her.
(c) Encouraging her to go back to Allen.
(d) Marrying into the Lafferty family.
7. Why did Woodruff change his position on polygamy?
(a) He was bribed to agree with other people.
(b) He had a meeting with Jesus and Smith.
(c) His wife wanted more women in the family.
(d) He fell in love with another woman.
8. What were the Mormons' hopes for the outcome of the Civil War?
(a) The Confederacy would win.
(b) Both sides would destroy each other.
(c) They would be rewarded by God.
(d) Europe would intervene.
9. How did Lee die?
(a) Old age.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He was executed.
10. Why did Dame decide to do away with the emigrants?
(a) He'd been told by God.
(b) He was tired of the stand-off.
(c) They were good fighters.
(d) They hadn't heard from Young.
11. Why does Dan stay with Ron through Ron's plan?
(a) Ron threatened him.
(b) He didn't have anywhere else to go.
(c) He needed the money.
(d) He received a revelation telling him to stay.
12. The men at the School of the Prophets believed they were destined to do what?
(a) To spread the word of God.
(b) Change the course of humanity.
(c) Destroy the Mormon Church.
(d) Become rich and famous.
13. Where was the Francher group headed?
14. What did the Mormon people need in their struggle that Young offered them?
15. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
(a) He became less sure about their plan.
(b) He believed more of what Ron said.
(c) He became more violent.
(d) He became calm and serene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't the Laffertys kill Chloe Low?
2. How was Ron able to convince Dan to help him in his murder plan?
3. Why was Lee banished from Colorado City?
4. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
5. Why did Young choose to settle near the Great Salt Lake?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)