|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most emotionally difficult aspect of the trial for Brenda's family?
(a) Seeing Ron.
(b) Fearing an innocent verdict.
(c) Facing Allen.
(d) Reading her journals.
2. How did Lee die?
(a) He was executed.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) Old age.
(d) He killed himself.
3. What was the speculation about why Smith's successor died?
(a) He was killed by the governor.
(b) He fell off a cliff.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He was poisoned.
4. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Rob her.
(c) Kill her.
5. What made Allen different than his brothers?
(a) He was adopted.
(b) He never married.
(c) He'd always been fundamentalist.
(d) He hadn't converted to fundamentalism.
6. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
(a) They called the police.
(b) They were present.
(c) They organized it.
(d) They tried to protect Brenda.
7. After Woodruff's reign, who believed polygamy was valid?
(b) The government.
(c) Modern Mormons.
8. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
(a) He became less sure about their plan.
(b) He believed more of what Ron said.
(c) He became calm and serene.
(d) He became more violent.
9. Brigham Young was picked partially because of his beliefs on ______.
10. Why did Brenda's family blame Allen for her murder?
(a) He provoked his brothers.
(b) He didn't warn her.
(c) He gave them money for the murder.
(d) He prayed for it to happen.
11. After Brenda's death, what does her sister regret?
(a) Encouraging her to go back to Allen.
(b) Not warning her.
(c) Marrying into the Lafferty family.
(d) Not saying goodbye.
12. When did Dianna become unhappy with her marriage to Ron?
(a) When he tried to marry off their daughters as plural wives.
(b) When he started gambling away their money.
(c) When he tried to marry her sister.
(d) When he began to have affairs.
13. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
(a) He wanted to reason with her.
(b) He was angrier with her than before.
(c) He forgot his glasses.
(d) He got a feeling he was supposed to.
14. While Ron and Dan discuss their plan at their mother's house, she is _____ within hearing distance.
15. Lee prophesied that Young would die within _______ if he was innocent.
(a) Two days.
(b) A year.
(c) One month.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ron saw off the barrel of a shotgun?
2. Why does Dan stay with Ron through Ron's plan?
3. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
4. Garner believed Ron's revelation was a result of __________.
5. Who survived the Mountain Meadow Massacre?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)