|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee prophesied that Young would die within _______ if he was innocent.
(a) Six months.
(b) Two days.
(c) One month.
(d) A year.
2. Why were some nervous about allowing Ron to use an insanity plea?
(a) He would be found innocent.
(b) It would give Ron a superiority complex.
(c) It could change the way religion was handled in court.
(d) It could make others sympathetic to him.
3. While Ron and Dan discuss their plan at their mother's house, she is _____ within hearing distance.
4. Where were Ron and Dan driving to at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(b) New York.
(c) Chloe Low's house.
(d) The Dream Mine.
5. What was the result of Ron's meeting with his brothers?
(a) He'd converted to their beliefs.
(b) He brought them back to the LDS.
(c) He'd driven them insane.
(d) He lost all hope in his family.
6. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
(a) He was angrier with her than before.
(b) He wanted to reason with her.
(c) He got a feeling he was supposed to.
(d) He forgot his glasses.
7. Why was Dan's testimony crucial to Ron's trial?
(a) Ron was present for the murders.
(b) Ron wasn't the mastermind.
(c) Ron had a violent history.
(d) Ron tried to seduce Brenda.
8. How did Lee die?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) Old age.
(c) He was executed.
(d) He killed himself.
9. What dilemma were Mormons faced with after the death of Smith?
(a) Where he should be buried.
(b) How to change the prayers.
(c) Where to settle next.
(d) Selecting a new prophet.
10. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
(a) When they tried to burn down her house.
(b) When Allen built a shrine in their kitchen.
(c) When Allen stopped eating for a month.
(d) When Allen refused to take their baby to the doctor.
11. Garner believed Ron's revelation was a result of __________.
(a) A lifetime of neglect and abuse.
(b) Drugs and alcohol.
(c) Intentionally searching for revelations.
(d) God's will.
12. What was Warren's tool for leadership?
(d) Family history.
13. Why did the Laffertys decide to abandon the rest of their plan?
(a) They had another revelation.
(b) Allen was sick and needed help.
(c) They needed to run from the cops.
(d) They took a wrong turn.
14. How did Lavina Stubbs loose all her money?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Poor investments.
(d) In Brady's scheme.
15. Why did Dame decide to do away with the emigrants?
(a) They were good fighters.
(b) They hadn't heard from Young.
(c) He was tired of the stand-off.
(d) He'd been told by God.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
2. What was Ron's choice for his execution?
3. Why does Dan stay with Ron through Ron's plan?
4. What did Warren do with Rulon's ferry service?
5. Where was the Francher group headed?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)