|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he paid Moroni.
(b) If he prayed ten times a day.
(c) If he went to the mountain.
(d) If he married Emma Harris.
2. Why did Rockwell try to kill Missouri's governor?
(a) To free his people.
(b) Rockwell wanted to be governor.
(c) To fulfill Smith's prophecy.
(d) Rockwell was crazy.
3. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
(a) They had no Hebrew descent.
(b) They were alive earlier than the story claims.
(c) They never settled in North America.
(d) They were not affiliated with any of the groups Smith claimed.
4. Why did Dan give up his driver's license and stop paying taxes?
(a) He wanted to prove his love for God.
(b) He was following the early teachings of Mormon.
(c) He was living in the wilderness.
(d) He lost all his money.
5. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
(a) It enhances his credibility.
(b) It gives credit to the contributors.
(c) It serves as a backdrop.
(d) It adds extra bulk to the book.
6. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) She was angry with her parents.
(b) She was very beautiful and kind.
(c) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
(d) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
7. After Smith destroyed Law's printing press, people feared Smith would become a _______ leader.
8. What was the final straw in Law and Smith's friendship?
(a) Smith tried to seduce Law's wife.
(b) Law criticized Smith to the media.
(c) Law tried to seduce Emma.
(d) Smith stole Law's money.
9. Missourians disliked that the Mormons came into their state with an attitude of _______.
10. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She wanted another husband.
(b) She wasn't abused.
(c) She was afraid of him.
(d) She wanted him to marry more women.
11. Where is the Nephites' gold supposedly held?
(b) Salt Lake.
(c) The Dream Mine.
(d) The main church.
12. How did Dan remember his childhood?
(a) As a happy one.
(b) As an unconventional one.
(c) As a traumatic one.
(d) He has no memory of it.
13. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
(a) How to praise God.
(b) How to reason with politicians.
(c) How to rebel against the Latter Day Saints.
(d) How to have personal revelations.
14. Why did Smith plead guilty to treason?
(a) To solidify peace with Missouri.
(b) To make himself a martyr.
(c) He knew it was the right thing.
(d) God told him to do it.
15. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
(a) He was criticizing the church to the media.
(b) His house was owned by the church.
(c) He'd broken Mormon laws.
(d) He'd stolen money from them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Mormons respond to being attacked by Missourians in October, 1838?
2. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
3. Why did Smith write Section 132?
4. Where did Dan first become introduced to the idea of polygamy?
5. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)