Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Prologue
1. According to the Prologue, did the Lafferty brothers feel justified in their actions? How and why?
2. What is the purpose of Krakauer presenting the entire story upfront in the prologue? Is he giving away the whole book?
3. What is Krakauer's intention with "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
4. How does Krakauer build his story?
Short Essay Question - Part I, Chapters 1 - 2
5. According to Krakauer, how different are modern and fundamentalist Mormons?
6. Does Krakauer believe taking funds from the...
This section contains 870 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)