|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Emma threaten Smith with to get him to stop marrying more women?
(a) She threatened to sue him.
(b) She threatened to take another husband.
(c) She threatened to leave him.
(d) She threatened to start a new religion.
2. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
(a) To discuss crime committed in the name of God.
(b) To discuss the evolution of religion.
(c) To discuss he closeness of brothers.
(d) To discuss the necessity of religion.
3. After Woodruff's reign, who believed polygamy was valid?
(b) The government.
(c) Modern Mormons.
4. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 20, Krakauer revisits the story of _________.
(a) The Mountain Meadow Massacre.
(b) The angel Moroni.
(c) Young's rise to power.
(d) The Lafferty murders.
5. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Ruby's parents told the police not to.
(b) Ruby was born into a polygamist family.
(c) Ruby ran away.
(d) Ruby was poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which text was responsible for many of the Laffertys' marriages falling apart?
2. After Brenda's death, what does her sister regret?
3. Why does Dan stay with Ron through Ron's plan?
4. Where is the Nephites' gold supposedly held?
5. While in prison, what did Dan begin to believe about Ron?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)