|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Mormon Church. Ron was described as ________.
2. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) 50 years.
(c) The death sentence.
3. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
(a) Salt Lake Tribune.
(b) Laffertys' diaries.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Chicago Sun Times.
4. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
(a) He'd broken Mormon laws.
(b) He'd stolen money from them.
(c) He was criticizing the church to the media.
(d) His house was owned by the church.
5. When did Dan Lafferty's life begin to fall apart?
(a) When he lost his arm in a car crash.
(b) When his father died.
(c) When he began to follow fundamentalist ideas.
(d) When his son married a non-Mormon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
2. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
3. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
4. The men at the School of the Prophets believed they were destined to do what?
5. How did Lee die?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)