|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Woodruff change his position on polygamy?
(a) He had a meeting with Jesus and Smith.
(b) He was bribed to agree with other people.
(c) His wife wanted more women in the family.
(d) He fell in love with another woman.
2. While in jail, Dan began to think his purpose in life was ______________.
(a) To set an example for other fanatics.
(b) To help his brother.
(c) To announce the second coming of Jesus.
(d) To write a great novel.
3. Where did Dan first become introduced to the idea of polygamy?
(a) At his gym.
(b) At chiropractic school.
(c) At church.
(d) At summer camp.
4. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) The angels discussed are different.
(b) The Bible is accepted as fact.
(c) The books cite different eras.
(d) Mormonism is much younger.
5. After Woodruff's reign, who believed polygamy was valid?
(b) Modern Mormons.
(c) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
2. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
3. Smith did NOT leave his followers with guidelines on ______________.
4. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
5. Why, according to Krakauer, is it difficult for Mormon's to paint a flaw-free picture of Smith?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)