|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He was promoted.
(c) He was excommunicated.
(d) Many people left the church.
2. How did the Mormons respond to being attacked by Missourians in October, 1838?
(a) They fled.
(b) They tried to surrender.
(c) They prayed.
(d) They fought back.
3. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
(a) Moroni gave him peep stones.
(b) He polished the plates.
(c) Moroni read them to him.
(d) He learned German.
4. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
(a) How to have personal revelations.
(b) How to praise God.
(c) How to reason with politicians.
(d) How to rebel against the Latter Day Saints.
5. What did Young do to the Francher group memorial?
(a) Cured it.
(b) Destroyed it.
(c) Bought it.
(d) Planted flowers nearby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
2. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
3. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
4. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
5. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)