|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Their marriage was ordained by God.
(b) Elizabeth asked him to save her from her family.
(c) He was a man and could do anything he wanted.
(d) He was temporarily insane and didn't realize what he was doing.
2. Why did the judge throw out Ron's first conviction?
(a) The judge felt the jury was bribed.
(b) The judge wanted to see the evidence again.
(c) The judge thought he was innocent.
(d) The judge felt he wasn't mentally competent.
3. What did the first two psychiatrists offer as an explanation for Ron's actions?
(a) He knew what he was doing was wrong but didn't care.
(b) He'd been paid to do it by Dan.
(c) He couldn't understand his actions or consequences.
(d) He truly thought it was God's will.
4. Why did Dan give up his driver's license and stop paying taxes?
(a) He lost all his money.
(b) He was following the early teachings of Mormon.
(c) He wanted to prove his love for God.
(d) He was living in the wilderness.
5. What was the result of Ron's meeting with his brothers?
(a) He'd driven them insane.
(b) He'd converted to their beliefs.
(c) He lost all hope in his family.
(d) He brought them back to the LDS.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Smith convince Emma to support his polygamist marriage?
2. After Woodruff's reign, who believed polygamy was valid?
3. What did John Taylor support?
4. Why didn't the Laffertys kill Chloe Low?
5. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)