|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer explains that early Mormons believed government law was inferior to __________.
(a) Basic human rights.
(b) Natural law.
(c) God's law.
(d) Smith's law.
2. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
(a) Ron was bored.
(b) She wanted to get him out of the house.
(c) The brothers looked up to him.
(d) She wanted them to convert to Christianity.
3. Why did the LeBaron bothers go on a killing spree?
(a) To please God.
(b) To make money.
(c) They were insane.
(d) To please their father.
4. What did Emma threaten Smith with to get him to stop marrying more women?
(a) She threatened to take another husband.
(b) She threatened to leave him.
(c) She threatened to start a new religion.
(d) She threatened to sue him.
5. Why were the Mormons permitted to settle in Illinois?
(a) They were good farmers and businessmen.
(b) The state was under Mormon leadership.
(c) They convinced the governor it was holy.
(d) The state was trying to increase its population.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lee die?
2. How long after Lee's prophecy did Young die?
3. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
4. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
5. Why was Dan going to let Ron kill him?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)