|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
(a) He lied about his identity.
(b) He never found any treasure.
(c) The treasure was fools gold.
(d) He promised them eternal life.
2. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
(a) She'd killed her husband.
(b) Blackmore wanted to marry her daughter.
(c) She'd cheated on her husband.
(d) Blackmore was abusing her.
3. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
(a) Many people left the church.
(b) He was excommunicated.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He was killed.
4. Where were Ron and Dan driving to at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) New York.
(c) Chloe Low's house.
(d) The Dream Mine.
5. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
(a) People were much more at ease.
(b) People were afraid of their husbands.
(c) Sexual assault was rare and severely punished.
(d) Sexual assault was common amongst teens.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
2. After Brenda's death, what does her sister regret?
3. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
4. Why was Dan's testimony crucial to Ron's trial?
5. Why did Mormons join the Confederacy?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)