|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
(a) He was angrier with her than before.
(b) He got a feeling he was supposed to.
(c) He wanted to reason with her.
(d) He forgot his glasses.
2. Why did Mormons settle in Missouri?
(a) They believed the original Garden of Eden was there.
(b) It was sparsely populated.
(c) It wasn't part of the United States at the time.
(d) It was Smith's birthplace.
3. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
(a) The death sentence.
(b) 50 years.
(d) Life in prison.
4. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Ruby ran away.
(b) Ruby was born into a polygamist family.
(c) Ruby was poor.
(d) Ruby's parents told the police not to.
5. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
(a) They were looking for the Francher group.
(b) They were planning to settle there.
(c) They were looking for an old signature.
(d) They were searching for the Dream Mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Mormon Church. Ron was described as ________.
2. When did Dianna become unhappy with her marriage to Ron?
3. Why were the Mormons permitted to settle in Illinois?
4. Why did Young choose to settle near the Great Salt Lake?
5. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)