|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, it was anticipated that _____________was to be Smith's successor.
(a) Brigham Young.
(b) His younger brother.
(c) A young woman.
(d) Smith's son.
2. After Woodruff's reign, who believed polygamy was valid?
(b) The government.
(c) Modern Mormons.
3. Where did Dan first become introduced to the idea of polygamy?
(a) At his gym.
(b) At chiropractic school.
(c) At summer camp.
(d) At church.
4. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
(a) 50 years.
(c) The death sentence.
(d) Life in prison.
5. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(a) The location of the Promised Land.
(b) Their rights as American citizens.
(d) The gender of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Mormon people need in their struggle that Young offered them?
2. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
3. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
4. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
5. Why did the Illinois governor order a cease-fire?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)