|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Nephites' gold supposedly held?
(a) The Dream Mine.
(c) Salt Lake.
(d) The main church.
2. What did Emma threaten Smith with to get him to stop marrying more women?
(a) She threatened to leave him.
(b) She threatened to sue him.
(c) She threatened to take another husband.
(d) She threatened to start a new religion.
3. What was the final straw in Law and Smith's friendship?
(a) Smith tried to seduce Law's wife.
(b) Law tried to seduce Emma.
(c) Smith stole Law's money.
(d) Law criticized Smith to the media.
4. When did Dianna become unhappy with her marriage to Ron?
(a) When he tried to marry off their daughters as plural wives.
(b) When he tried to marry her sister.
(c) When he started gambling away their money.
(d) When he began to have affairs.
5. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Young choose to settle near the Great Salt Lake?
2. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
3. Why did the Illinois governor order a cease-fire?
4. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
5. Knapp and Carnes explain that they felt _____ after the murder.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)