|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
(a) Leavitt was suing all polygamists.
(b) Green was trying to take over the government.
(c) Green spoke about his polygamist lifestyle on national news.
(d) Green attempted to create a new sect of the LDS.
2. Where was the Francher group headed?
3. In his revelation, what does Crossfield claim he was told by God?
(a) To raise money.
(b) To follow Smith.
(c) To reform the church.
(d) To kill his wife.
4. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
(a) He learned German.
(b) Moroni read them to him.
(c) Moroni gave him peep stones.
(d) He polished the plates.
5. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
2. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
3. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
4. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
5. After Woodruff's reign, who believed polygamy was valid?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)