|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brigham Young was picked partially because of his beliefs on ______.
2. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
(a) He was wealthy and generous.
(b) He was friends with many politicians.
(c) He was young.
(d) He reminded them of Smith.
3. Why did Ron make the School of the Prophets his entire life?
(a) His brothers convinced him.
(b) He needed guidance.
(c) He wanted to find God.
(d) He'd lost his family.
4. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
(a) The governor received a revelation from God.
(b) They became distracted by the Civil War.
(c) The public was sympathetic to the polygamist families.
(d) The Mormons were fueling the economy.
5. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
(a) They praised them.
(b) They tried to correct them.
(c) They rejected them.
(d) They ignored them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Law's actions against Smith had little effect on Smith's power, what did it affect?
2. What was the final straw in Law and Smith's friendship?
3. What did Young do to the Francher group memorial?
4. Why were Mormons allowed to settle in Caldwell County?
5. The men at the School of the Prophets believed they were destined to do what?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)