|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Dan Lafferty's life begin to fall apart?
(a) When his son married a non-Mormon.
(b) When his father died.
(c) When he began to follow fundamentalist ideas.
(d) When he lost his arm in a car crash.
2. Why did Dame decide to do away with the emigrants?
(a) He'd been told by God.
(b) They were good fighters.
(c) They hadn't heard from Young.
(d) He was tired of the stand-off.
3. Mormons attacked the Missourians after an _______ Missourian beat a Mormon man.
4. What did Smith change in his rules for the Mormon Church because of Crossfield?
(a) Church leaders would receive higher salaries.
(b) Only children of current leaders could lead.
(c) Everyone had to have a background check before being accepted into the church.
(d) Only church leaders could have revelations.
5. At first, it was anticipated that _____________was to be Smith's successor.
(a) Brigham Young.
(b) His younger brother.
(c) Smith's son.
(d) A young woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. After fleeing Illinois, why did Smith return?
2. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
3. What did the Mormon people need in their struggle that Young offered them?
4. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
5. What made Allen different than his brothers?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)