|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
(a) To discuss crime committed in the name of God.
(b) To discuss the necessity of religion.
(c) To discuss he closeness of brothers.
(d) To discuss the evolution of religion.
2. Why did Young choose to settle near the Great Salt Lake?
(a) Many Mormons were already there.
(b) It was good farm land.
(c) It wasn't part of the United States.
(d) It was their promise land.
3. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
(a) His mother.
(c) A rock.
(d) The seasons.
4. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
(a) The low standards of living.
(b) The patriarchy.
(c) The strict rules.
(d) The number of children.
5. What was the result of Ron's meeting with his brothers?
(a) He brought them back to the LDS.
(b) He'd converted to their beliefs.
(c) He'd driven them insane.
(d) He lost all hope in his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did non-Mormons feel about the beliefs printed in the Book of Mormon?
2. After changing his beliefs, Woodruff told his followers polygamy was a ______ principle.
3. After fleeing Illinois, why did Smith return?
4. Missourians disliked that the Mormons came into their state with an attitude of _______.
5. How did Lee die?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)