|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
(a) Many people left the church.
(b) He was excommunicated.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He was promoted.
2. At first, it was anticipated that _____________was to be Smith's successor.
(a) His younger brother.
(b) Smith's son.
(c) Brigham Young.
(d) A young woman.
3. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
(a) They ignored them.
(b) They tried to correct them.
(c) They praised them.
(d) They rejected them.
4. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
5. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
(a) When Allen refused to take their baby to the doctor.
(b) When Allen built a shrine in their kitchen.
(c) When Allen stopped eating for a month.
(d) When they tried to burn down her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
2. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 20, Krakauer revisits the story of _________.
3. Where was the Francher group headed?
4. What did John Taylor support?
5. Why was the Francher group targeted by the Mormons?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)