|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
2. After changing his beliefs, Woodruff told his followers polygamy was a ______ principle.
3. When did Dan Lafferty's life begin to fall apart?
(a) When he lost his arm in a car crash.
(b) When he began to follow fundamentalist ideas.
(c) When his father died.
(d) When his son married a non-Mormon.
4. After fleeing Illinois, why did Smith return?
(a) To confess his faults.
(b) He missed his home.
(c) He believed he was abandoning his people.
(d) To get his family.
5. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) What the meaning of life is.
(b) What defines right and wrong.
(c) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
(d) Why these murders happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
2. Krakauer describes Watson Lafferty as a ________.
3. Where were Ron and Dan driving to at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
4. What did the Mormon people need in their struggle that Young offered them?
5. Why did Smith plead guilty to treason?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)