|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
(a) The death sentence.
(b) Life in prison.
(d) 25 years.
2. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
(b) She was very beautiful and kind.
(c) She was angry with her parents.
(d) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
3. Why did Onias value the Lafferty brothers?
(a) They were the only members of his school.
(b) He had their unconditional love.
(c) They were related.
(d) He felt God sent them to him.
4. Missourians disliked that the Mormons came into their state with an attitude of _______.
5. What happened to the two men from the Francher group that escaped?
(a) They were caught and killed.
(b) They got lost.
(c) They got help from Indians.
(d) They surrendered.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
2. Why did Smith plead guilty to treason?
3. Krakauer explains that early Mormons believed government law was inferior to __________.
4. Krakauer explains that many Christians converted to Mormonism because of __________________.
5. Why did Mormons settle in Missouri?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)