|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the Mormons permitted to settle in Illinois?
(a) The state was trying to increase its population.
(b) They convinced the governor it was holy.
(c) They were good farmers and businessmen.
(d) The state was under Mormon leadership.
2. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
(a) The patriarchy.
(b) The strict rules.
(c) The low standards of living.
(d) The number of children.
3. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
(a) It was written in Egyptian.
(b) It was written in old English.
(c) It was too bright out.
(d) It was worn.
4. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
(b) She was very beautiful and kind.
(c) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
(d) She was angry with her parents.
5. How did Lee die?
(a) Old age.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He was executed.
(d) He was murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
2. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
3. Why did Woodruff change his position on polygamy?
4. What was historic about Woodruff's leadership?
5. Taylor held his beliefs long after _________.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)