|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Law's actions against Smith had little effect on Smith's power, what did it affect?
(a) His relationship with Emma.
(b) Relations with Missouri.
(c) The unconditional love of his followers.
(d) Relations with Illinois.
2. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
(a) He was temporarily insane and didn't realize what he was doing.
(b) He was a man and could do anything he wanted.
(c) Their marriage was ordained by God.
(d) Elizabeth asked him to save her from her family.
3. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
(a) It recognized the LDS as a legitimate organization.
(b) It legalized polygamy.
(c) It outlawed polygamy.
(d) It invalidated personal revelations.
4. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
5. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) Money and celebrity for the church.
(b) A new promise land.
(c) A new take on government.
(d) The return of polygamy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
2. Why wasn't Dame's burial of the Francher group successful?
3. When did Dianna become unhappy with her marriage to Ron?
4. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
5. Why did the attacking Mormons have to send a letter to Young while fighting the Francher group?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)