|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Law unable to press charges against Smith?
(a) Smith controlled the courts.
(b) Law had his fair share of bad deeds.
(c) Law wasn't a very good lawyer.
(d) There was no court system.
2. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
(a) He was wealthy and generous.
(b) He was young.
(c) He was friends with many politicians.
(d) He reminded them of Smith.
3. What did John Taylor support?
4. Why did Dame decide to do away with the emigrants?
(a) They hadn't heard from Young.
(b) They were good fighters.
(c) He'd been told by God.
(d) He was tired of the stand-off.
5. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
(a) The strict rules.
(b) The low standards of living.
(c) The patriarchy.
(d) The number of children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
2. How did non-Mormons feel about the beliefs printed in the Book of Mormon?
3. Taylor held his beliefs long after _________.
4. Why did Mormons join the Confederacy?
5. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)