|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(a) The gender of God.
(b) The location of the Promised Land.
(d) Their rights as American citizens.
2. Why did Brenda's family blame Allen for her murder?
(a) He didn't warn her.
(b) He prayed for it to happen.
(c) He provoked his brothers.
(d) He gave them money for the murder.
3. Although Law's actions against Smith had little effect on Smith's power, what did it affect?
(a) Relations with Illinois.
(b) Relations with Missouri.
(c) The unconditional love of his followers.
(d) His relationship with Emma.
4. Why did Woodruff change his position on polygamy?
(a) He was bribed to agree with other people.
(b) He had a meeting with Jesus and Smith.
(c) He fell in love with another woman.
(d) His wife wanted more women in the family.
5. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) She was angry with her parents.
(b) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
(c) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
(d) She was very beautiful and kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
2. In the Mormon Church. Ron was described as ________.
3. Why, according to Krakauer, is it difficult for Mormon's to paint a flaw-free picture of Smith?
4. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
5. Why did Smith plead guilty to treason?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)