|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which text was responsible for many of the Laffertys' marriages falling apart?
(a) The Peace Maker.
(b) The Psalm of the School of the Prophets.
(c) Onias' autobiography.
(d) The Book of Mormon.
2. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
(a) It enhances his credibility.
(b) It gives credit to the contributors.
(c) It adds extra bulk to the book.
(d) It serves as a backdrop.
3. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
(a) They were looking for the Francher group.
(b) They were planning to settle there.
(c) They were looking for an old signature.
(d) They were searching for the Dream Mine.
4. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
(a) It was worn.
(b) It was written in old English.
(c) It was written in Egyptian.
(d) It was too bright out.
5. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
(a) When Allen refused to take their baby to the doctor.
(b) When they tried to burn down her house.
(c) When Allen built a shrine in their kitchen.
(d) When Allen stopped eating for a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
2. How did Lee die?
3. What was historic about Woodruff's leadership?
4. After fleeing Illinois, why did Smith return?
5. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)