|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer explains that Dan _____ finished the murders.
2. Knapp and Carnes explain that they felt _____ after the murder.
3. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
(a) He lost the gold plates.
(b) He lost the translation.
(c) He had to return the gold plates.
(d) He claims the proof is invisible.
4. Why did the Illinois governor order a cease-fire?
(a) They were being defeated.
(b) He had a revelation from God.
(c) He feared civil war.
(d) He was tired of fighting.
5. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
(a) He polished the plates.
(b) He learned German.
(c) Moroni gave him peep stones.
(d) Moroni read them to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dan remember his childhood?
2. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
3. How did the Mormons respond to being attacked by Missourians in October, 1838?
4. Krakauer explains that early Mormons believed government law was inferior to __________.
5. What did the Mormon people need in their struggle that Young offered them?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)