|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lee die?
(a) Old age.
(b) He was executed.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He was murdered.
2. Where is the Nephites' gold supposedly held?
(a) The Dream Mine.
(b) Salt Lake.
(d) The main church.
3. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) A new take on government.
(b) A new promise land.
(c) Money and celebrity for the church.
(d) The return of polygamy.
4. Who encouraged Dianna to leave her husband?
(d) Her mother.
5. What was the speculation about why Smith's successor died?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He was killed by the governor.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He fell off a cliff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
2. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
3. Why did the attacking Mormons have to send a letter to Young while fighting the Francher group?
4. How did the Mormons respond to being attacked by Missourians in October, 1838?
5. Where did Dan first become introduced to the idea of polygamy?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)