|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
(a) The treasure was fools gold.
(b) He lied about his identity.
(c) He never found any treasure.
(d) He promised them eternal life.
2. What did Young do to the Francher group memorial?
(a) Cured it.
(b) Planted flowers nearby.
(c) Destroyed it.
(d) Bought it.
3. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
(a) Legislation passed by the government.
(b) The leaders' reckless spending.
(c) Taylor's contribution to charity.
(d) Financing wars.
4. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he went to the mountain.
(b) If he paid Moroni.
(c) If he prayed ten times a day.
(d) If he married Emma Harris.
5. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
(a) They were looking for the Francher group.
(b) They were looking for an old signature.
(c) They were planning to settle there.
(d) They were searching for the Dream Mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Brenda's death, what does her sister regret?
2. What was the final straw in Law and Smith's friendship?
3. Why did Onias value the Lafferty brothers?
4. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
5. After changing his beliefs, Woodruff told his followers polygamy was a ______ principle.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)