|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer describes Watson Lafferty as a ________.
2. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
(a) He'd stolen money from them.
(b) He was criticizing the church to the media.
(c) His house was owned by the church.
(d) He'd broken Mormon laws.
3. Why did Mormons settle in Missouri?
(a) It was sparsely populated.
(b) They believed the original Garden of Eden was there.
(c) It was Smith's birthplace.
(d) It wasn't part of the United States at the time.
4. Where is the Nephites' gold supposedly held?
(b) The main church.
(c) Salt Lake.
(d) The Dream Mine.
5. Krakauer explains that Dan _____ finished the murders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, according to Krakauer, is it difficult for Mormon's to paint a flaw-free picture of Smith?
2. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
3. Although Law's actions against Smith had little effect on Smith's power, what did it affect?
4. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
5. What was the final straw in Law and Smith's friendship?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)