|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
2. When did Dianna become unhappy with her marriage to Ron?
(a) When he started gambling away their money.
(b) When he tried to marry off their daughters as plural wives.
(c) When he tried to marry her sister.
(d) When he began to have affairs.
3. How did the Mormons respond to being attacked by Missourians in October, 1838?
(a) They tried to surrender.
(b) They fled.
(c) They fought back.
(d) They prayed.
4. Why did Onias value the Lafferty brothers?
(a) They were related.
(b) They were the only members of his school.
(c) He had their unconditional love.
(d) He felt God sent them to him.
5. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) She was very beautiful and kind.
(b) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
(c) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
(d) She was angry with her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
2. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
3. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
4. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
5. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)