|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Brenda's death, what does her sister regret?
(a) Not warning her.
(b) Encouraging her to go back to Allen.
(c) Marrying into the Lafferty family.
(d) Not saying goodbye.
2. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
(a) She was being forced into a polygamist marriage.
(b) She was afraid of her father.
(c) She was in love with another man.
(d) She wasn't sure she wanted to be Mormon anymore.
3. Although Law's actions against Smith had little effect on Smith's power, what did it affect?
(a) The unconditional love of his followers.
(b) Relations with Illinois.
(c) His relationship with Emma.
(d) Relations with Missouri.
4. While Ron and Dan discuss their plan at their mother's house, she is _____ within hearing distance.
5. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(a) Their rights as American citizens.
(c) The location of the Promised Land.
(d) The gender of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Illinois governor's one condition for the cease-fire?
2. Why did Smith plead guilty to treason?
3. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
4. What did Emma threaten Smith with to get him to stop marrying more women?
5. Why did Onias value the Lafferty brothers?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)