|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
(a) The history of his family.
(b) The motives of his brothers.
(c) The history of the School of the Prophets.
(d) A timeline of the day.
2. The Mormons decided to select a new leader based on the candidate's ______________.
(b) Ideas for overthrowing the government.
(c) Ideas about polygamy.
3. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
4. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Rob her.
(c) Call the police.
5. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
(a) People were much more at ease.
(b) People were afraid of their husbands.
(c) Sexual assault was rare and severely punished.
(d) Sexual assault was common amongst teens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Mormon people need in their struggle that Young offered them?
2. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
3. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
4. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
5. After Smith destroyed Law's printing press, people feared Smith would become a _______ leader.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)