|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
(a) People were afraid of their husbands.
(b) Sexual assault was common amongst teens.
(c) Sexual assault was rare and severely punished.
(d) People were much more at ease.
2. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
(a) The seasons.
(b) A rock.
(d) His mother.
3. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
(a) They were fueling the economy.
(b) They were being charitable in return.
(c) They were doing God's will.
(d) They were helping with its destruction.
4. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
(a) He became calm and serene.
(b) He became more violent.
(c) He believed more of what Ron said.
(d) He became less sure about their plan.
5. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
(a) She wasn't sure she wanted to be Mormon anymore.
(b) She was being forced into a polygamist marriage.
(c) She was in love with another man.
(d) She was afraid of her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
2. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
3. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
4. Brigham Young was picked partially because of his beliefs on ______.
5. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)