|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Illinois governor order a cease-fire?
(a) He had a revelation from God.
(b) He was tired of fighting.
(c) He feared civil war.
(d) They were being defeated.
2. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
(a) He lost the gold plates.
(b) He had to return the gold plates.
(c) He lost the translation.
(d) He claims the proof is invisible.
3. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) What the meaning of life is.
(b) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
(c) Why these murders happened.
(d) What defines right and wrong.
4. Krakauer explains that early Mormons believed government law was inferior to __________.
(a) God's law.
(b) Natural law.
(c) Smith's law.
(d) Basic human rights.
5. At first, it was anticipated that _____________was to be Smith's successor.
(a) Smith's son.
(b) His younger brother.
(c) A young woman.
(d) Brigham Young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
2. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
3. Krakauer explains that Dan _____ finished the murders.
4. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
5. What did Emma threaten Smith with to get him to stop marrying more women?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)