|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Onias value the Lafferty brothers?
(a) He felt God sent them to him.
(b) They were the only members of his school.
(c) He had their unconditional love.
(d) They were related.
2. After Brenda's death, what does her sister regret?
(a) Encouraging her to go back to Allen.
(b) Not saying goodbye.
(c) Marrying into the Lafferty family.
(d) Not warning her.
3. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he went to the mountain.
(b) If he paid Moroni.
(c) If he married Emma Harris.
(d) If he prayed ten times a day.
4. Krakauer explains that early Mormons believed government law was inferior to __________.
(a) Basic human rights.
(b) Smith's law.
(c) God's law.
(d) Natural law.
5. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
(a) Green attempted to create a new sect of the LDS.
(b) Green was trying to take over the government.
(c) Leavitt was suing all polygamists.
(d) Green spoke about his polygamist lifestyle on national news.
Short Answer Questions
1. Missourians disliked that the Mormons came into their state with an attitude of _______.
2. At first, it was anticipated that _____________was to be Smith's successor.
3. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
4. What was the final straw in Law and Smith's friendship?
5. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)