|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dan remember his childhood?
(a) As an unconventional one.
(b) He has no memory of it.
(c) As a happy one.
(d) As a traumatic one.
2. Why did Smith write Section 132?
(a) To make polygamy only apply to men.
(b) To make the LDS a political party.
(c) To ensure his offspring would lead after him.
(d) To give Mormons rights.
3. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
(a) His speeches.
4. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
(a) He was wealthy and generous.
(b) He reminded them of Smith.
(c) He was young.
(d) He was friends with many politicians.
5. When did Dianna become unhappy with her marriage to Ron?
(a) When he began to have affairs.
(b) When he tried to marry off their daughters as plural wives.
(c) When he started gambling away their money.
(d) When he tried to marry her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Knapp and Carnes explain that they felt _____ after the murder.
2. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
3. What made Allen different than his brothers?
4. Mormons attacked the Missourians after an _______ Missourian beat a Mormon man.
5. Missourians disliked that the Mormons came into their state with an attitude of _______.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)