|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Mormon Church. Ron was described as ________.
2. At the School of the Prophets, what practice did Crossfield attempt to reinstate in his students?
3. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
(a) He was a man and could do anything he wanted.
(b) He was temporarily insane and didn't realize what he was doing.
(c) Their marriage was ordained by God.
(d) Elizabeth asked him to save her from her family.
4. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
(a) The Mormons were fueling the economy.
(b) The public was sympathetic to the polygamist families.
(c) They became distracted by the Civil War.
(d) The governor received a revelation from God.
5. How did non-Mormons feel about the beliefs printed in the Book of Mormon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Smith plead guilty to treason?
2. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
3. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
4. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
5. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)