|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer explains that many Christians converted to Mormonism because of __________________.
(a) They were forced to convert.
(b) Its modern approach to religion.
(c) The promises of wealth and fame.
(d) The corruption of other religions.
2. Where is the Nephites' gold supposedly held?
(a) The Dream Mine.
(c) Salt Lake.
(d) The main church.
3. Why did Ron make the School of the Prophets his entire life?
(a) His brothers convinced him.
(b) He'd lost his family.
(c) He needed guidance.
(d) He wanted to find God.
4. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
(a) The history of the School of the Prophets.
(b) A timeline of the day.
(c) The motives of his brothers.
(d) The history of his family.
5. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he went to the mountain.
(b) If he prayed ten times a day.
(c) If he married Emma Harris.
(d) If he paid Moroni.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Mormon Church. Ron was described as ________.
2. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
3. Missourians disliked that the Mormons came into their state with an attitude of _______.
4. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
5. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)