|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
(a) Laffertys' diaries.
(b) Salt Lake Tribune.
(c) Chicago Sun Times.
(d) New York Times.
2. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
(a) He threatened her.
(b) She felt she needed to learn from him.
(c) She needed money.
(d) She agreed with his beliefs for the most part.
3. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
(a) 25 years.
(b) The death sentence.
(c) Life in prison.
4. What did Emma threaten Smith with to get him to stop marrying more women?
(a) She threatened to sue him.
(b) She threatened to start a new religion.
(c) She threatened to leave him.
(d) She threatened to take another husband.
5. Why did Ron make the School of the Prophets his entire life?
(a) He needed guidance.
(b) His brothers convinced him.
(c) He wanted to find God.
(d) He'd lost his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
2. At the School of the Prophets, what practice did Crossfield attempt to reinstate in his students?
3. Where did Dan first become introduced to the idea of polygamy?
4. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
5. When did Dan Lafferty's life begin to fall apart?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)