|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
(a) He got a feeling he was supposed to.
(b) He was angrier with her than before.
(c) He forgot his glasses.
(d) He wanted to reason with her.
2. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
(a) Leavitt was suing all polygamists.
(b) Green spoke about his polygamist lifestyle on national news.
(c) Green was trying to take over the government.
(d) Green attempted to create a new sect of the LDS.
3. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
(a) The police are also polygamists.
(b) The girls are very attached to their families.
(c) The girls are raised to comply.
(d) There is strict security in the communities.
4. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
(a) They rejected them.
(b) They tried to correct them.
(c) They ignored them.
(d) They praised them.
5. Why did Ron make the School of the Prophets his entire life?
(a) He'd lost his family.
(b) He wanted to find God.
(c) His brothers convinced him.
(d) He needed guidance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Illinois governor's one condition for the cease-fire?
2. How was Ron able to convince Dan to help him in his murder plan?
3. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
4. The Mormons decided to select a new leader based on the candidate's ______________.
5. When did Dianna become unhappy with her marriage to Ron?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)