|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
(a) The girls are raised to comply.
(b) The police are also polygamists.
(c) The girls are very attached to their families.
(d) There is strict security in the communities.
2. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
(a) It adds extra bulk to the book.
(b) It gives credit to the contributors.
(c) It serves as a backdrop.
(d) It enhances his credibility.
3. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
(a) 25 years.
(b) The death sentence.
(d) Life in prison.
4. Although Law's actions against Smith had little effect on Smith's power, what did it affect?
(a) His relationship with Emma.
(b) Relations with Illinois.
(c) The unconditional love of his followers.
(d) Relations with Missouri.
5. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
(a) It was worn.
(b) It was too bright out.
(c) It was written in Egyptian.
(d) It was written in old English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
2. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
3. How was Ron able to convince Dan to help him in his murder plan?
4. Krakauer explains that many Christians converted to Mormonism because of __________________.
5. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)