|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
(a) They stem from the same laws and principles.
(b) They are both prominent forces in American politics.
(c) They live together.
(d) They follow the same leader.
2. Why did Dan give up his driver's license and stop paying taxes?
(a) He was following the early teachings of Mormon.
(b) He lost all his money.
(c) He wanted to prove his love for God.
(d) He was living in the wilderness.
3. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he prayed ten times a day.
(b) If he went to the mountain.
(c) If he married Emma Harris.
(d) If he paid Moroni.
4. At first, it was anticipated that _____________was to be Smith's successor.
(a) Smith's son.
(b) His younger brother.
(c) A young woman.
(d) Brigham Young.
5. Brigham Young was picked partially because of his beliefs on ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
2. Krakauer explains that many Christians converted to Mormonism because of __________________.
3. Why were the Mormons permitted to settle in Illinois?
4. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
5. When did Dan Lafferty's life begin to fall apart?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)