|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brigham Young was picked partially because of his beliefs on ______.
2. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Ruby's parents told the police not to.
(b) Ruby was born into a polygamist family.
(c) Ruby was poor.
(d) Ruby ran away.
3. Why, according to Krakauer, is it difficult for Mormon's to paint a flaw-free picture of Smith?
(a) They're not good liars.
(b) They see his human qualities.
(c) The religion is so young.
(d) He was very flawed.
4. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
(a) He claims the proof is invisible.
(b) He lost the gold plates.
(c) He had to return the gold plates.
(d) He lost the translation.
5. What was the final straw in Law and Smith's friendship?
(a) Smith tried to seduce Law's wife.
(b) Law tried to seduce Emma.
(c) Law criticized Smith to the media.
(d) Smith stole Law's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
2. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
3. How did Smith convince Emma to support his polygamist marriage?
4. How did non-Mormons feel about the beliefs printed in the Book of Mormon?
5. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)