|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Latter Day Saints, why did Moroni leave them gold?
(a) To support their cause.
(b) To offer to God.
(c) To help them through hard times.
(d) To use as bribes.
2. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
(a) They live together.
(b) They are both prominent forces in American politics.
(c) They stem from the same laws and principles.
(d) They follow the same leader.
3. Krakauer describes Watson Lafferty as a ________.
4. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
5. In his revelation, what does Crossfield claim he was told by God?
(a) To follow Smith.
(b) To kill his wife.
(c) To raise money.
(d) To reform the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
2. Who encouraged Dianna to leave her husband?
3. After Brenda's death, what does her sister regret?
4. What did vigilantes do after Smith and Hyrum's killers were found innocent?
5. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)