|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Onias value the Lafferty brothers?
(a) He felt God sent them to him.
(b) He had their unconditional love.
(c) They were the only members of his school.
(d) They were related.
2. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
(a) He was criticizing the church to the media.
(b) He'd broken Mormon laws.
(c) He'd stolen money from them.
(d) His house was owned by the church.
3. Krakauer explains that many Christians converted to Mormonism because of __________________.
(a) The corruption of other religions.
(b) Its modern approach to religion.
(c) They were forced to convert.
(d) The promises of wealth and fame.
4. After Brenda's death, what does her sister regret?
(a) Encouraging her to go back to Allen.
(b) Not saying goodbye.
(c) Marrying into the Lafferty family.
(d) Not warning her.
5. Although Law's actions against Smith had little effect on Smith's power, what did it affect?
(a) His relationship with Emma.
(b) Relations with Illinois.
(c) The unconditional love of his followers.
(d) Relations with Missouri.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of Ron's meeting with his brothers?
2. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
3. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
4. How was Ron able to convince Dan to help him in his murder plan?
5. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)