|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer explains that many Christians converted to Mormonism because of __________________.
(a) The corruption of other religions.
(b) Its modern approach to religion.
(c) They were forced to convert.
(d) The promises of wealth and fame.
2. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) A new promise land.
(b) The return of polygamy.
(c) A new take on government.
(d) Money and celebrity for the church.
3. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
(a) A timeline of the day.
(b) The history of his family.
(c) The motives of his brothers.
(d) The history of the School of the Prophets.
4. Brigham Young was picked partially because of his beliefs on ______.
5. The Mormons decided to select a new leader based on the candidate's ______________.
(a) Ideas about polygamy.
(c) Ideas for overthrowing the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
2. Dan and Ron believed Brenda and Erica's deaths were _______.
3. Mormons attacked the Missourians after an _______ Missourian beat a Mormon man.
4. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
5. Missourians disliked that the Mormons came into their state with an attitude of _______.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)