|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
(a) He became less sure about their plan.
(b) He became calm and serene.
(c) He believed more of what Ron said.
(d) He became more violent.
2. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
(a) They organized it.
(b) They were present.
(c) They tried to protect Brenda.
(d) They called the police.
3. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
(a) The police are also polygamists.
(b) The girls are very attached to their families.
(c) The girls are raised to comply.
(d) There is strict security in the communities.
4. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
(a) A timeline of the day.
(b) The history of the School of the Prophets.
(c) The motives of his brothers.
(d) The history of his family.
5. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) What the meaning of life is.
(b) What defines right and wrong.
(c) Why these murders happened.
(d) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mormons decided to select a new leader based on the candidate's ______________.
2. Why did the Illinois governor order a cease-fire?
3. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
4. Why did Smith write Section 132?
5. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)