|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
(a) He'd stolen money from them.
(b) He was criticizing the church to the media.
(c) He'd broken Mormon laws.
(d) His house was owned by the church.
2. What made Allen different than his brothers?
(a) He was adopted.
(b) He never married.
(c) He hadn't converted to fundamentalism.
(d) He'd always been fundamentalist.
3. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
(a) They organized it.
(b) They called the police.
(c) They tried to protect Brenda.
(d) They were present.
4. Why were Mormons allowed to settle in Caldwell County?
(a) Many Mormons already lived there.
(b) It wasn't part of the United States.
(c) It wasn't very populated.
(d) It was poor farm land.
5. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
(a) He became calm and serene.
(b) He believed more of what Ron said.
(c) He became more violent.
(d) He became less sure about their plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
2. Why did Mormons settle in Missouri?
3. Krakauer explains that Dan _____ finished the murders.
4. Although Law's actions against Smith had little effect on Smith's power, what did it affect?
5. According to Krakauer, what makes people today able to identify with Smith?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)