|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
(a) She wasn't sure she wanted to be Mormon anymore.
(b) She was afraid of her father.
(c) She was in love with another man.
(d) She was being forced into a polygamist marriage.
2. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
(a) They were alive earlier than the story claims.
(b) They were not affiliated with any of the groups Smith claimed.
(c) They had no Hebrew descent.
(d) They never settled in North America.
3. Why was Law unable to press charges against Smith?
(a) Law had his fair share of bad deeds.
(b) Law wasn't a very good lawyer.
(c) There was no court system.
(d) Smith controlled the courts.
4. Although Law's actions against Smith had little effect on Smith's power, what did it affect?
(a) His relationship with Emma.
(b) The unconditional love of his followers.
(c) Relations with Missouri.
(d) Relations with Illinois.
5. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
(a) Being a plumber.
(b) Being a writer.
(c) Being a salesman.
(d) Being a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dan remember his childhood?
2. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
3. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
4. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
5. After Smith destroyed Law's printing press, people feared Smith would become a _______ leader.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)