|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) The return of polygamy.
(b) A new promise land.
(c) Money and celebrity for the church.
(d) A new take on government.
2. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
(a) They never settled in North America.
(b) They were not affiliated with any of the groups Smith claimed.
(c) They were alive earlier than the story claims.
(d) They had no Hebrew descent.
3. Missourians disliked that the Mormons came into their state with an attitude of _______.
4. Why did Dan give up his driver's license and stop paying taxes?
(a) He was living in the wilderness.
(b) He was following the early teachings of Mormon.
(c) He lost all his money.
(d) He wanted to prove his love for God.
5. Why did Smith write Section 132?
(a) To ensure his offspring would lead after him.
(b) To make the LDS a political party.
(c) To make polygamy only apply to men.
(d) To give Mormons rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the School of the Prophets, what practice did Crossfield attempt to reinstate in his students?
2. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
3. According to Krakauer, what makes people today able to identify with Smith?
4. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
5. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)