|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
2. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
(a) They were fueling the economy.
(b) They were doing God's will.
(c) They were being charitable in return.
(d) They were helping with its destruction.
3. Why, according to Krakauer, is it difficult for Mormon's to paint a flaw-free picture of Smith?
(a) They see his human qualities.
(b) The religion is so young.
(c) They're not good liars.
(d) He was very flawed.
4. Mormons attacked the Missourians after an _______ Missourian beat a Mormon man.
5. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) She was very beautiful and kind.
(b) She was angry with her parents.
(c) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
(d) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Mormons respond to being attacked by Missourians in October, 1838?
2. What did Smith change in his rules for the Mormon Church because of Crossfield?
3. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
4. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
5. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)