|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(a) Their rights as American citizens.
(b) The gender of God.
(c) The location of the Promised Land.
2. When did Dan Lafferty's life begin to fall apart?
(a) When his father died.
(b) When he lost his arm in a car crash.
(c) When his son married a non-Mormon.
(d) When he began to follow fundamentalist ideas.
3. Mormons attacked the Missourians after an _______ Missourian beat a Mormon man.
4. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
(a) They praised them.
(b) They ignored them.
(c) They rejected them.
(d) They tried to correct them.
5. Where is the Nephites' gold supposedly held?
(a) The main church.
(c) Salt Lake.
(d) The Dream Mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
2. What did Smith change in his rules for the Mormon Church because of Crossfield?
3. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
4. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
5. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)