|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Their marriage was ordained by God.
(b) He was temporarily insane and didn't realize what he was doing.
(c) Elizabeth asked him to save her from her family.
(d) He was a man and could do anything he wanted.
2. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
(a) It outlawed polygamy.
(b) It recognized the LDS as a legitimate organization.
(c) It legalized polygamy.
(d) It invalidated personal revelations.
3. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Ruby was poor.
(b) Ruby ran away.
(c) Ruby's parents told the police not to.
(d) Ruby was born into a polygamist family.
4. Missourians disliked that the Mormons came into their state with an attitude of _______.
5. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
(b) 50 years.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) The death sentence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Mormons allowed to settle in Caldwell County?
2. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
3. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
4. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
5. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)