|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
(a) Their mother's.
2. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
(a) There is strict security in the communities.
(b) The police are also polygamists.
(c) The girls are raised to comply.
(d) The girls are very attached to their families.
3. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(a) The location of the Promised Land.
(b) Their rights as American citizens.
(d) The gender of God.
4. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
(a) They became distracted by the Civil War.
(b) The Mormons were fueling the economy.
(c) The public was sympathetic to the polygamist families.
(d) The governor received a revelation from God.
5. Why did Rockwell try to kill Missouri's governor?
(a) Rockwell was crazy.
(b) To fulfill Smith's prophecy.
(c) To free his people.
(d) Rockwell wanted to be governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Latter Day Saints, why did Moroni leave them gold?
2. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
3. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
4. When did Dan Lafferty's life begin to fall apart?
5. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)