|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the Mormons permitted to settle in Illinois?
(a) They were good farmers and businessmen.
(b) The state was trying to increase its population.
(c) The state was under Mormon leadership.
(d) They convinced the governor it was holy.
2. Mormons attacked the Missourians after an _______ Missourian beat a Mormon man.
3. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
(a) Many people left the church.
(b) He was excommunicated.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He was killed.
4. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
(a) It outlawed polygamy.
(b) It invalidated personal revelations.
(c) It legalized polygamy.
(d) It recognized the LDS as a legitimate organization.
5. Why were Mormons allowed to settle in Caldwell County?
(a) Many Mormons already lived there.
(b) It wasn't part of the United States.
(c) It was poor farm land.
(d) It wasn't very populated.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his revelation, what does Crossfield claim he was told by God?
2. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
3. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
4. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
5. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)