|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
(a) Blackmore wanted to marry her daughter.
(b) She'd killed her husband.
(c) Blackmore was abusing her.
(d) She'd cheated on her husband.
2. Krakauer describes Watson Lafferty as a ________.
3. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Ruby was born into a polygamist family.
(b) Ruby was poor.
(c) Ruby's parents told the police not to.
(d) Ruby ran away.
4. What did Smith change in his rules for the Mormon Church because of Crossfield?
(a) Church leaders would receive higher salaries.
(b) Everyone had to have a background check before being accepted into the church.
(c) Only church leaders could have revelations.
(d) Only children of current leaders could lead.
5. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
(a) His mother.
(b) The seasons.
(d) A rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
2. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
3. When did Dan Lafferty's life begin to fall apart?
4. Why did Mormons settle in Missouri?
5. According to Krakauer, what makes people today able to identify with Smith?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)