|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
(a) Laffertys' diaries.
(b) Salt Lake Tribune.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Chicago Sun Times.
2. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
(a) How to have personal revelations.
(b) How to praise God.
(c) How to reason with politicians.
(d) How to rebel against the Latter Day Saints.
3. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
(a) The patriarchy.
(b) The low standards of living.
(c) The number of children.
(d) The strict rules.
4. How did non-Mormons feel about the beliefs printed in the Book of Mormon?
5. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
(a) He lost the translation.
(b) He lost the gold plates.
(c) He claims the proof is invisible.
(d) He had to return the gold plates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
2. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
3. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
4. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
5. Krakauer explains that many Christians converted to Mormonism because of __________________.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)