|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
(a) They were helping with its destruction.
(b) They were doing God's will.
(c) They were being charitable in return.
(d) They were fueling the economy.
2. Where is the Nephites' gold supposedly held?
(b) The Dream Mine.
(c) The main church.
(d) Salt Lake.
3. Why were Mormons allowed to settle in Caldwell County?
(a) It was poor farm land.
(b) It wasn't very populated.
(c) It wasn't part of the United States.
(d) Many Mormons already lived there.
4. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
(a) Salt Lake Tribune.
(b) Laffertys' diaries.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Chicago Sun Times.
5. Why did Mormons settle in Missouri?
(a) It was sparsely populated.
(b) It was Smith's birthplace.
(c) It wasn't part of the United States at the time.
(d) They believed the original Garden of Eden was there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dan and Ron believed Brenda and Erica's deaths were _______.
2. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
3. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
4. Which text was responsible for many of the Laffertys' marriages falling apart?
5. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)