|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Krakauer, what makes people today able to identify with Smith?
(a) He predicted the future.
(b) He made strides in eliminating racism.
(c) He's depicted as a real person with flaws.
(d) He left video tapes for his future followers.
2. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
(a) He was promoted.
(b) He was killed.
(c) Many people left the church.
(d) He was excommunicated.
3. What did Smith change in his rules for the Mormon Church because of Crossfield?
(a) Only children of current leaders could lead.
(b) Everyone had to have a background check before being accepted into the church.
(c) Church leaders would receive higher salaries.
(d) Only church leaders could have revelations.
4. Why were Mormons allowed to settle in Caldwell County?
(a) It wasn't very populated.
(b) Many Mormons already lived there.
(c) It was poor farm land.
(d) It wasn't part of the United States.
5. Which text was responsible for many of the Laffertys' marriages falling apart?
(a) The Psalm of the School of the Prophets.
(b) The Peace Maker.
(c) The Book of Mormon.
(d) Onias' autobiography.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
2. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
3. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
4. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
5. How did non-Mormons feel about the beliefs printed in the Book of Mormon?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)