|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Mormons allowed to settle in Caldwell County?
(a) It wasn't part of the United States.
(b) Many Mormons already lived there.
(c) It wasn't very populated.
(d) It was poor farm land.
2. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
(a) 50 years.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) The death sentence.
3. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
(a) People were much more at ease.
(b) Sexual assault was rare and severely punished.
(c) People were afraid of their husbands.
(d) Sexual assault was common amongst teens.
4. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
5. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) The books cite different eras.
(b) The Bible is accepted as fact.
(c) Mormonism is much younger.
(d) The angels discussed are different.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Law unable to press charges against Smith?
2. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
3. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
4. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
5. Why were the Mormons permitted to settle in Illinois?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)