|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) She was very beautiful and kind.
(b) She was angry with her parents.
(c) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
(d) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
2. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
(a) Laffertys' diaries.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Chicago Sun Times.
(d) Salt Lake Tribune.
3. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
(a) It could only happen on every anniversary.
(b) It could only happen if a woman was ovulating.
(c) It could only happen when one was selected from the lottery.
(d) It could only happen once a week.
4. How did Smith convince Emma to support his polygamist marriage?
(a) He told her God would be happy.
(b) He gave her lots of money.
(c) He told her she would be doomed to hell.
(d) He wrote her a poem.
5. Why did Dan give up his driver's license and stop paying taxes?
(a) He was following the early teachings of Mormon.
(b) He wanted to prove his love for God.
(c) He lost all his money.
(d) He was living in the wilderness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
2. Krakauer describes Watson Lafferty as a ________.
3. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
4. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
5. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)