|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he went to the mountain.
(b) If he prayed ten times a day.
(c) If he married Emma Harris.
(d) If he paid Moroni.
2. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) The Bible is accepted as fact.
(b) The books cite different eras.
(c) Mormonism is much younger.
(d) The angels discussed are different.
3. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
4. Dan and Ron believed Brenda and Erica's deaths were _______.
5. Why did Smith write Section 132?
(a) To make the LDS a political party.
(b) To make polygamy only apply to men.
(c) To ensure his offspring would lead after him.
(d) To give Mormons rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Smith destroyed Law's printing press, people feared Smith would become a _______ leader.
2. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
3. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
4. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
5. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)