|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
(a) To discuss the necessity of religion.
(b) To discuss crime committed in the name of God.
(c) To discuss the evolution of religion.
(d) To discuss he closeness of brothers.
2. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
(a) The motives of his brothers.
(b) The history of his family.
(c) The history of the School of the Prophets.
(d) A timeline of the day.
3. After Smith destroyed Law's printing press, people feared Smith would become a _______ leader.
4. How did the Mormons respond to being attacked by Missourians in October, 1838?
(a) They fled.
(b) They prayed.
(c) They fought back.
(d) They tried to surrender.
5. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
(a) It gives credit to the contributors.
(b) It serves as a backdrop.
(c) It adds extra bulk to the book.
(d) It enhances his credibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
2. Where did Dan first become introduced to the idea of polygamy?
3. Mormons attacked the Missourians after an _______ Missourian beat a Mormon man.
4. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
5. How did Dan remember his childhood?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)