|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer explains that early Mormons believed government law was inferior to __________.
(a) Natural law.
(b) Smith's law.
(c) Basic human rights.
(d) God's law.
2. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
(a) The treasure was fools gold.
(b) He lied about his identity.
(c) He never found any treasure.
(d) He promised them eternal life.
3. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
(a) Leavitt was suing all polygamists.
(b) Green was trying to take over the government.
(c) Green attempted to create a new sect of the LDS.
(d) Green spoke about his polygamist lifestyle on national news.
4. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
(a) To discuss crime committed in the name of God.
(b) To discuss he closeness of brothers.
(c) To discuss the evolution of religion.
(d) To discuss the necessity of religion.
5. Why did Smith write Section 132?
(a) To make the LDS a political party.
(b) To ensure his offspring would lead after him.
(c) To give Mormons rights.
(d) To make polygamy only apply to men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Law unable to press charges against Smith?
2. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
3. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
4. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
5. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)