|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
(a) His charisma.
(b) His creativity.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His worldliness.
2. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
(b) What the meaning of life is.
(c) Why these murders happened.
(d) What defines right and wrong.
3. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
(a) They tried to correct them.
(b) They rejected them.
(c) They praised them.
(d) They ignored them.
4. Mormons attacked the Missourians after an _______ Missourian beat a Mormon man.
5. After fleeing Illinois, why did Smith return?
(a) To confess his faults.
(b) He believed he was abandoning his people.
(c) He missed his home.
(d) To get his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
2. Why were the Mormons permitted to settle in Illinois?
3. Why did Rockwell try to kill Missouri's governor?
4. How did Dan remember his childhood?
5. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)