|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
(a) Blackmore wanted to marry her daughter.
(b) Blackmore was abusing her.
(c) She'd cheated on her husband.
(d) She'd killed her husband.
2. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
(a) It could only happen on every anniversary.
(b) It could only happen if a woman was ovulating.
(c) It could only happen when one was selected from the lottery.
(d) It could only happen once a week.
3. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
(a) He was her father.
(b) He was her cousin.
(c) He was her brother.
(d) He was her husband.
4. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
(a) His charisma.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His worldliness.
(d) His creativity.
5. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
(a) Green attempted to create a new sect of the LDS.
(b) Green spoke about his polygamist lifestyle on national news.
(c) Green was trying to take over the government.
(d) Leavitt was suing all polygamists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dan give up his driver's license and stop paying taxes?
2. In his revelation, what does Crossfield claim he was told by God?
3. Krakauer describes Watson Lafferty as a ________.
4. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
5. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)