|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
(a) It could only happen when one was selected from the lottery.
(b) It could only happen on every anniversary.
(c) It could only happen if a woman was ovulating.
(d) It could only happen once a week.
2. What did Smith change in his rules for the Mormon Church because of Crossfield?
(a) Only church leaders could have revelations.
(b) Church leaders would receive higher salaries.
(c) Only children of current leaders could lead.
(d) Everyone had to have a background check before being accepted into the church.
3. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
(b) What defines right and wrong.
(c) Why these murders happened.
(d) What the meaning of life is.
4. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
(a) The girls are raised to comply.
(b) The girls are very attached to their families.
(c) There is strict security in the communities.
(d) The police are also polygamists.
5. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
(a) They tried to correct them.
(b) They praised them.
(c) They ignored them.
(d) They rejected them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
2. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
3. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
4. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
5. Why did Smith plead guilty to treason?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)