|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
2. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
3. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
(a) He threatened her.
(b) She needed money.
(c) She felt she needed to learn from him.
(d) She agreed with his beliefs for the most part.
4. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
(a) They were fueling the economy.
(b) They were doing God's will.
(c) They were being charitable in return.
(d) They were helping with its destruction.
5. Krakauer explains that many Christians converted to Mormonism because of __________________.
(a) The corruption of other religions.
(b) They were forced to convert.
(c) Its modern approach to religion.
(d) The promises of wealth and fame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
2. How did the Mormons respond to being attacked by Missourians in October, 1838?
3. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
4. Why were the Mormons permitted to settle in Illinois?
5. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)