|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She wanted another husband.
(b) She wanted him to marry more women.
(c) She wasn't abused.
(d) She was afraid of him.
2. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
(a) His charisma.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His creativity.
(d) His worldliness.
3. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
(a) He was her father.
(b) He was her husband.
(c) He was her brother.
(d) He was her cousin.
4. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
5. Why did Smith write Section 132?
(a) To ensure his offspring would lead after him.
(b) To make the LDS a political party.
(c) To make polygamy only apply to men.
(d) To give Mormons rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Mormons allowed to settle in Caldwell County?
2. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
3. Krakauer explains that early Mormons believed government law was inferior to __________.
4. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
5. In his revelation, what does Crossfield claim he was told by God?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)