|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
(a) Blackmore wanted to marry her daughter.
(b) She'd killed her husband.
(c) Blackmore was abusing her.
(d) She'd cheated on her husband.
2. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
3. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
(a) His creativity.
(b) His worldliness.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His charisma.
4. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
(a) He was promoted.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He was excommunicated.
(d) Many people left the church.
5. Why did Mormons settle in Missouri?
(a) They believed the original Garden of Eden was there.
(b) It was Smith's birthplace.
(c) It was sparsely populated.
(d) It wasn't part of the United States at the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
2. How did the Mormons respond to being attacked by Missourians in October, 1838?
3. What did Smith change in his rules for the Mormon Church because of Crossfield?
4. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
5. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)