|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) Why these murders happened.
(b) What defines right and wrong.
(c) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
(d) What the meaning of life is.
2. According to Krakauer, what makes people today able to identify with Smith?
(a) He left video tapes for his future followers.
(b) He made strides in eliminating racism.
(c) He's depicted as a real person with flaws.
(d) He predicted the future.
3. Where is the Nephites' gold supposedly held?
(a) The main church.
(c) Salt Lake.
(d) The Dream Mine.
4. How did the Mormons respond to being attacked by Missourians in October, 1838?
(a) They prayed.
(b) They tried to surrender.
(c) They fought back.
(d) They fled.
5. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
(a) It legalized polygamy.
(b) It invalidated personal revelations.
(c) It outlawed polygamy.
(d) It recognized the LDS as a legitimate organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Latter Day Saints, why did Moroni leave them gold?
2. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
3. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
4. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
5. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)