|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mormons settle in Missouri?
(a) It was sparsely populated.
(b) It wasn't part of the United States at the time.
(c) It was Smith's birthplace.
(d) They believed the original Garden of Eden was there.
2. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
(a) The Mormons were fueling the economy.
(b) The governor received a revelation from God.
(c) They became distracted by the Civil War.
(d) The public was sympathetic to the polygamist families.
3. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
4. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
5. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
(b) Life in prison.
(c) The death sentence.
(d) 25 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
2. Why were Mormons allowed to settle in Caldwell County?
3. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
4. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
5. Why, according to Krakauer, is it difficult for Mormon's to paint a flaw-free picture of Smith?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)