|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
(a) They praised them.
(b) They rejected them.
(c) They ignored them.
(d) They tried to correct them.
2. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
(a) He never found any treasure.
(b) The treasure was fools gold.
(c) He promised them eternal life.
(d) He lied about his identity.
3. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
(a) People were afraid of their husbands.
(b) People were much more at ease.
(c) Sexual assault was common amongst teens.
(d) Sexual assault was rare and severely punished.
4. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
(a) Many people left the church.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He was excommunicated.
5. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) The Bible is accepted as fact.
(b) The angels discussed are different.
(c) The books cite different eras.
(d) Mormonism is much younger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mormons settle in Missouri?
2. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
3. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
4. Where did Dan first become introduced to the idea of polygamy?
5. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)