|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
(b) She was very beautiful and kind.
(c) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
(d) She was angry with her parents.
2. Where did Dan first become introduced to the idea of polygamy?
(a) At summer camp.
(b) At church.
(c) At chiropractic school.
(d) At his gym.
3. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His creativity.
(c) His worldliness.
(d) His charisma.
4. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
(a) It could only happen if a woman was ovulating.
(b) It could only happen on every anniversary.
(c) It could only happen once a week.
(d) It could only happen when one was selected from the lottery.
5. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
(a) They stem from the same laws and principles.
(b) They are both prominent forces in American politics.
(c) They follow the same leader.
(d) They live together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mormons attacked the Missourians after an _______ Missourian beat a Mormon man.
2. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
3. In his revelation, what does Crossfield claim he was told by God?
4. Missourians disliked that the Mormons came into their state with an attitude of _______.
5. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)