|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
2. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
(a) He threatened her.
(b) She felt she needed to learn from him.
(c) She agreed with his beliefs for the most part.
(d) She needed money.
3. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
(a) He learned German.
(b) Moroni read them to him.
(c) Moroni gave him peep stones.
(d) He polished the plates.
4. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
(a) The number of children.
(b) The strict rules.
(c) The low standards of living.
(d) The patriarchy.
5. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
(a) They were helping with its destruction.
(b) They were doing God's will.
(c) They were being charitable in return.
(d) They were fueling the economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
2. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
3. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
4. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
5. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)