|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
(a) How to praise God.
(b) How to have personal revelations.
(c) How to reason with politicians.
(d) How to rebel against the Latter Day Saints.
2. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
3. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
(a) They ignored them.
(b) They rejected them.
(c) They praised them.
(d) They tried to correct them.
4. Why did Smith plead guilty to treason?
(a) To solidify peace with Missouri.
(b) God told him to do it.
(c) To make himself a martyr.
(d) He knew it was the right thing.
5. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
(a) They were being charitable in return.
(b) They were helping with its destruction.
(c) They were fueling the economy.
(d) They were doing God's will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
2. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
3. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
4. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
5. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)