|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
(a) She needed money.
(b) She felt she needed to learn from him.
(c) He threatened her.
(d) She agreed with his beliefs for the most part.
2. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
3. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
(a) They were helping with its destruction.
(b) They were being charitable in return.
(c) They were doing God's will.
(d) They were fueling the economy.
4. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
(a) Being a priest.
(b) Being a plumber.
(c) Being a salesman.
(d) Being a writer.
5. Mormons attacked the Missourians after an _______ Missourian beat a Mormon man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Smith plead guilty to treason?
2. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
3. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
4. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
5. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)