|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mormons settle in Missouri?
(a) It was sparsely populated.
(b) It wasn't part of the United States at the time.
(c) They believed the original Garden of Eden was there.
(d) It was Smith's birthplace.
2. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
3. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
(a) Smart was being forced into a polygamist lifestyle.
(b) Smart's captors wanted ransom money.
(c) Smart's abductors were famous.
(d) Smart's family was wealthier.
4. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
(a) Moroni gave him peep stones.
(b) He polished the plates.
(c) Moroni read them to him.
(d) He learned German.
5. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) What the meaning of life is.
(b) Why these murders happened.
(c) What defines right and wrong.
(d) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
2. In his revelation, what does Crossfield claim he was told by God?
3. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
4. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
5. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)