|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Smith plead guilty to treason?
(a) To solidify peace with Missouri.
(b) He knew it was the right thing.
(c) To make himself a martyr.
(d) God told him to do it.
2. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
(a) He lost the translation.
(b) He claims the proof is invisible.
(c) He had to return the gold plates.
(d) He lost the gold plates.
3. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
(a) How to reason with politicians.
(b) How to have personal revelations.
(c) How to rebel against the Latter Day Saints.
(d) How to praise God.
4. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Elizabeth asked him to save her from her family.
(b) He was a man and could do anything he wanted.
(c) He was temporarily insane and didn't realize what he was doing.
(d) Their marriage was ordained by God.
5. According to the Latter Day Saints, why did Moroni leave them gold?
(a) To support their cause.
(b) To offer to God.
(c) To help them through hard times.
(d) To use as bribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
2. How did Dan remember his childhood?
3. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
4. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
5. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)