|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
(a) The police are also polygamists.
(b) There is strict security in the communities.
(c) The girls are very attached to their families.
(d) The girls are raised to comply.
2. Krakauer describes Watson Lafferty as a ________.
3. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
4. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
(a) The treasure was fools gold.
(b) He never found any treasure.
(c) He lied about his identity.
(d) He promised them eternal life.
5. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
(a) Smart's abductors were famous.
(b) Smart was being forced into a polygamist lifestyle.
(c) Smart's family was wealthier.
(d) Smart's captors wanted ransom money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
2. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
3. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
4. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
5. Why did Smith plead guilty to treason?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)