|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
(a) They stem from the same laws and principles.
(b) They follow the same leader.
(c) They live together.
(d) They are both prominent forces in American politics.
2. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Ruby was born into a polygamist family.
(b) Ruby ran away.
(c) Ruby was poor.
(d) Ruby's parents told the police not to.
3. Why, according to Krakauer, is it difficult for Mormon's to paint a flaw-free picture of Smith?
(a) He was very flawed.
(b) They're not good liars.
(c) The religion is so young.
(d) They see his human qualities.
4. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
(a) They never settled in North America.
(b) They were alive earlier than the story claims.
(c) They were not affiliated with any of the groups Smith claimed.
(d) They had no Hebrew descent.
5. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(a) Their rights as American citizens.
(b) The gender of God.
(d) The location of the Promised Land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
2. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
3. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
4. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
5. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)