|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
2. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
(a) He was promoted.
(b) Many people left the church.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He was excommunicated.
3. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
(a) It was written in Egyptian.
(b) It was worn.
(c) It was too bright out.
(d) It was written in old English.
4. What did Smith change in his rules for the Mormon Church because of Crossfield?
(a) Only church leaders could have revelations.
(b) Everyone had to have a background check before being accepted into the church.
(c) Only children of current leaders could lead.
(d) Church leaders would receive higher salaries.
5. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) Mormonism is much younger.
(b) The Bible is accepted as fact.
(c) The angels discussed are different.
(d) The books cite different eras.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
2. Krakauer explains that many Christians converted to Mormonism because of __________________.
3. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
4. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
5. Why did Smith plead guilty to treason?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)