|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
(a) Green was trying to take over the government.
(b) Green spoke about his polygamist lifestyle on national news.
(c) Leavitt was suing all polygamists.
(d) Green attempted to create a new sect of the LDS.
2. Why were the Mormons permitted to settle in Illinois?
(a) They convinced the governor it was holy.
(b) The state was trying to increase its population.
(c) They were good farmers and businessmen.
(d) The state was under Mormon leadership.
3. Krakauer explains that many Christians converted to Mormonism because of __________________.
(a) The corruption of other religions.
(b) Its modern approach to religion.
(c) The promises of wealth and fame.
(d) They were forced to convert.
4. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
(a) The governor received a revelation from God.
(b) The Mormons were fueling the economy.
(c) They became distracted by the Civil War.
(d) The public was sympathetic to the polygamist families.
5. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
(a) A timeline of the day.
(b) The motives of his brothers.
(c) The history of the School of the Prophets.
(d) The history of his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
2. Why were Mormons allowed to settle in Caldwell County?
3. How did Dan remember his childhood?
4. Why, according to Krakauer, is it difficult for Mormon's to paint a flaw-free picture of Smith?
5. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)