|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
(b) Father and son.
2. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
3. Why, according to Krakauer, is it difficult for Mormon's to paint a flaw-free picture of Smith?
(a) The religion is so young.
(b) They're not good liars.
(c) They see his human qualities.
(d) He was very flawed.
4. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
(a) How to rebel against the Latter Day Saints.
(b) How to praise God.
(c) How to reason with politicians.
(d) How to have personal revelations.
5. Why did Rockwell try to kill Missouri's governor?
(a) Rockwell wanted to be governor.
(b) Rockwell was crazy.
(c) To free his people.
(d) To fulfill Smith's prophecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
2. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
3. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
4. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
5. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)