|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
(a) His speeches.
2. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
(a) New York Times.
(b) Laffertys' diaries.
(c) Chicago Sun Times.
(d) Salt Lake Tribune.
3. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She wanted him to marry more women.
(b) She wasn't abused.
(c) She wanted another husband.
(d) She was afraid of him.
4. Why were Mormons allowed to settle in Caldwell County?
(a) It wasn't very populated.
(b) Many Mormons already lived there.
(c) It was poor farm land.
(d) It wasn't part of the United States.
5. At the School of the Prophets, what practice did Crossfield attempt to reinstate in his students?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
2. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
3. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
4. Why did Mormons settle in Missouri?
5. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)