|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
(a) She was being forced into a polygamist marriage.
(b) She was in love with another man.
(c) She wasn't sure she wanted to be Mormon anymore.
(d) She was afraid of her father.
2. At the School of the Prophets, what practice did Crossfield attempt to reinstate in his students?
3. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he paid Moroni.
(b) If he went to the mountain.
(c) If he prayed ten times a day.
(d) If he married Emma Harris.
4. Why were Mormons allowed to settle in Caldwell County?
(a) Many Mormons already lived there.
(b) It was poor farm land.
(c) It wasn't very populated.
(d) It wasn't part of the United States.
5. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
(a) He learned German.
(b) Moroni gave him peep stones.
(c) Moroni read them to him.
(d) He polished the plates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
2. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
3. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
4. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
5. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)