|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
(a) He never found any treasure.
(b) He lied about his identity.
(c) He promised them eternal life.
(d) The treasure was fools gold.
2. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
3. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
(a) Moroni gave him peep stones.
(b) He learned German.
(c) He polished the plates.
(d) Moroni read them to him.
4. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
(a) Smart's family was wealthier.
(b) Smart's abductors were famous.
(c) Smart was being forced into a polygamist lifestyle.
(d) Smart's captors wanted ransom money.
5. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
(a) The girls are very attached to their families.
(b) The girls are raised to comply.
(c) There is strict security in the communities.
(d) The police are also polygamists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the Mormons permitted to settle in Illinois?
2. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
3. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
4. Where is the Nephites' gold supposedly held?
5. According to Krakauer, what makes people today able to identify with Smith?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)