|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
2. How did Dan remember his childhood?
(a) He has no memory of it.
(b) As an unconventional one.
(c) As a happy one.
(d) As a traumatic one.
3. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
4. Krakauer describes Watson Lafferty as a ________.
5. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
(a) Moroni didn't show him the right ones.
(b) He looked at them before he was instructed to do so.
(c) There was a time limit on them.
(d) He couldn't understand them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Krakauer explains that many Christians converted to Mormonism because of __________________.
2. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
3. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
4. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
5. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)