|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
(a) She wasn't sure she wanted to be Mormon anymore.
(b) She was being forced into a polygamist marriage.
(c) She was in love with another man.
(d) She was afraid of her father.
2. Dan and Ron believed Brenda and Erica's deaths were _______.
3. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) What the meaning of life is.
(b) What defines right and wrong.
(c) Why these murders happened.
(d) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
4. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
(a) The history of his family.
(b) The history of the School of the Prophets.
(c) The motives of his brothers.
(d) A timeline of the day.
5. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
(a) He lied about his identity.
(b) The treasure was fools gold.
(c) He promised them eternal life.
(d) He never found any treasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dan first become introduced to the idea of polygamy?
2. Why, according to Krakauer, is it difficult for Mormon's to paint a flaw-free picture of Smith?
3. Why did Smith plead guilty to treason?
4. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
5. According to the Latter Day Saints, why did Moroni leave them gold?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)