|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
(a) 50 years.
(c) The death sentence.
(d) Life in prison.
2. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
(a) She felt she needed to learn from him.
(b) She agreed with his beliefs for the most part.
(c) He threatened her.
(d) She needed money.
3. How did the Mormons respond to being attacked by Missourians in October, 1838?
(a) They tried to surrender.
(b) They fought back.
(c) They fled.
(d) They prayed.
4. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
(a) Moroni gave him peep stones.
(b) Moroni read them to him.
(c) He polished the plates.
(d) He learned German.
5. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
(a) Being a priest.
(b) Being a salesman.
(c) Being a writer.
(d) Being a plumber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
2. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
3. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
4. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
5. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)