|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(b) The location of the Promised Land.
(c) Their rights as American citizens.
(d) The gender of God.
2. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
(a) Laffertys' diaries.
(b) Chicago Sun Times.
(c) Salt Lake Tribune.
(d) New York Times.
3. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
(a) He'd broken Mormon laws.
(b) He was criticizing the church to the media.
(c) He'd stolen money from them.
(d) His house was owned by the church.
4. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) She was very beautiful and kind.
(b) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
(c) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
(d) She was angry with her parents.
5. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
(a) It gives credit to the contributors.
(b) It enhances his credibility.
(c) It serves as a backdrop.
(d) It adds extra bulk to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
2. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
3. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
4. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
5. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)