|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
(a) His mother.
(c) The seasons.
(d) A rock.
2. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
(a) His worldliness.
(b) His charisma.
(c) His creativity.
(d) His wealth.
3. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
(a) Being a plumber.
(b) Being a salesman.
(c) Being a writer.
(d) Being a priest.
4. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
(a) They ignored them.
(b) They praised them.
(c) They tried to correct them.
(d) They rejected them.
5. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
(a) The number of children.
(b) The patriarchy.
(c) The low standards of living.
(d) The strict rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
2. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
3. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
4. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
5. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)