|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
(a) His mother.
(b) A rock.
(d) The seasons.
2. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
(b) His speeches.
3. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) The Bible is accepted as fact.
(b) Mormonism is much younger.
(c) The books cite different eras.
(d) The angels discussed are different.
4. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Ruby ran away.
(b) Ruby was poor.
(c) Ruby's parents told the police not to.
(d) Ruby was born into a polygamist family.
5. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
(b) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
(c) She was very beautiful and kind.
(d) She was angry with her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
2. Dan and Ron believed Brenda and Erica's deaths were _______.
3. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
4. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
5. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)