|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
(a) Blackmore wanted to marry her daughter.
(b) She'd killed her husband.
(c) Blackmore was abusing her.
(d) She'd cheated on her husband.
2. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
(a) The death sentence.
(b) 25 years.
(c) Life in prison.
3. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
(c) Father and son.
4. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
(a) They tried to correct them.
(b) They praised them.
(c) They ignored them.
(d) They rejected them.
5. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
2. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
3. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
4. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
5. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)