|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dan and Ron believed Brenda and Erica's deaths were _______.
2. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
(b) She was angry with her parents.
(c) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
(d) She was very beautiful and kind.
3. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) Money and celebrity for the church.
(b) The return of polygamy.
(c) A new promise land.
(d) A new take on government.
4. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
(a) He was criticizing the church to the media.
(b) He'd broken Mormon laws.
(c) His house was owned by the church.
(d) He'd stolen money from them.
5. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
(a) It could only happen if a woman was ovulating.
(b) It could only happen on every anniversary.
(c) It could only happen once a week.
(d) It could only happen when one was selected from the lottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
2. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
3. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
4. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
5. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)