|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
(a) It could only happen once a week.
(b) It could only happen on every anniversary.
(c) It could only happen when one was selected from the lottery.
(d) It could only happen if a woman was ovulating.
2. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
(c) Father and son.
3. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
(a) The girls are raised to comply.
(b) There is strict security in the communities.
(c) The police are also polygamists.
(d) The girls are very attached to their families.
4. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
(a) His mother.
(c) The seasons.
(d) A rock.
5. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
(a) Chicago Sun Times.
(b) Laffertys' diaries.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Salt Lake Tribune.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
2. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
3. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
4. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
5. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)