|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
(a) Being a writer.
(b) Being a plumber.
(c) Being a priest.
(d) Being a salesman.
2. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) The angels discussed are different.
(b) The books cite different eras.
(c) The Bible is accepted as fact.
(d) Mormonism is much younger.
3. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
(a) The public was sympathetic to the polygamist families.
(b) They became distracted by the Civil War.
(c) The Mormons were fueling the economy.
(d) The governor received a revelation from God.
4. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) 25 years.
(d) The death sentence.
5. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
(a) Laffertys' diaries.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Salt Lake Tribune.
(d) Chicago Sun Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
2. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
3. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
4. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
5. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)