|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
2. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) The return of polygamy.
(b) A new take on government.
(c) A new promise land.
(d) Money and celebrity for the church.
3. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
(a) The death sentence.
(b) Life in prison.
(d) 50 years.
4. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
(a) They were doing God's will.
(b) They were fueling the economy.
(c) They were helping with its destruction.
(d) They were being charitable in return.
5. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) The Bible is accepted as fact.
(b) The books cite different eras.
(c) Mormonism is much younger.
(d) The angels discussed are different.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
2. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
3. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
4. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
5. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)