|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
(b) Their mother's.
2. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
(a) There is strict security in the communities.
(b) The girls are very attached to their families.
(c) The police are also polygamists.
(d) The girls are raised to comply.
3. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
(a) To discuss the necessity of religion.
(b) To discuss the evolution of religion.
(c) To discuss he closeness of brothers.
(d) To discuss crime committed in the name of God.
4. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
(d) His speeches.
5. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
(b) The death sentence.
(c) 25 years.
(d) Life in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
2. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
3. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
4. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
5. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)