|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
(a) He never found any treasure.
(b) He lied about his identity.
(c) He promised them eternal life.
(d) The treasure was fools gold.
2. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
(a) The strict rules.
(b) The low standards of living.
(c) The patriarchy.
(d) The number of children.
3. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
(a) It could only happen when one was selected from the lottery.
(b) It could only happen if a woman was ovulating.
(c) It could only happen on every anniversary.
(d) It could only happen once a week.
4. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
5. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She wanted him to marry more women.
(b) She wasn't abused.
(c) She wanted another husband.
(d) She was afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
2. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
3. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
4. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
5. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)