|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
(d) His speeches.
2. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
(a) It enhances his credibility.
(b) It adds extra bulk to the book.
(c) It gives credit to the contributors.
(d) It serves as a backdrop.
3. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
4. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) The Bible is accepted as fact.
(b) Mormonism is much younger.
(c) The angels discussed are different.
(d) The books cite different eras.
5. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
(a) Moroni read them to him.
(b) He learned German.
(c) He polished the plates.
(d) Moroni gave him peep stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
2. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
3. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
4. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
5. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)