|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
(b) What defines right and wrong.
(c) What the meaning of life is.
(d) Why these murders happened.
2. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
(a) His worldliness.
(b) His charisma.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His creativity.
3. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
(a) The governor received a revelation from God.
(b) The public was sympathetic to the polygamist families.
(c) The Mormons were fueling the economy.
(d) They became distracted by the Civil War.
4. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
(a) They were doing God's will.
(b) They were being charitable in return.
(c) They were helping with its destruction.
(d) They were fueling the economy.
5. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
(a) Being a plumber.
(b) Being a writer.
(c) Being a salesman.
(d) Being a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
2. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
3. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
4. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
5. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)