|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
(a) It was worn.
(b) It was written in Egyptian.
(c) It was too bright out.
(d) It was written in old English.
2. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
(a) He couldn't understand them.
(b) He looked at them before he was instructed to do so.
(c) Moroni didn't show him the right ones.
(d) There was a time limit on them.
3. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) The angels discussed are different.
(b) Mormonism is much younger.
(c) The Bible is accepted as fact.
(d) The books cite different eras.
4. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
5. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
(a) Moroni read them to him.
(b) He learned German.
(c) Moroni gave him peep stones.
(d) He polished the plates.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
2. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
3. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
4. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
5. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)