|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(a) Their rights as American citizens.
(b) The location of the Promised Land.
(c) The gender of God.
2. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She wanted another husband.
(b) She wanted him to marry more women.
(c) She wasn't abused.
(d) She was afraid of him.
3. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Ruby ran away.
(b) Ruby's parents told the police not to.
(c) Ruby was poor.
(d) Ruby was born into a polygamist family.
4. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
(a) Their mother's.
5. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
(a) He was her father.
(b) He was her husband.
(c) He was her brother.
(d) He was her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
2. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
3. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
4. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
5. Dan and Ron believed Brenda and Erica's deaths were _______.
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)