|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) A new take on government.
(b) A new promise land.
(c) The return of polygamy.
(d) Money and celebrity for the church.
2. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
(a) He'd broken Mormon laws.
(b) He was criticizing the church to the media.
(c) He'd stolen money from them.
(d) His house was owned by the church.
3. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
4. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
(a) He couldn't understand them.
(b) He looked at them before he was instructed to do so.
(c) There was a time limit on them.
(d) Moroni didn't show him the right ones.
5. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
(a) Chicago Sun Times.
(b) Salt Lake Tribune.
(c) Laffertys' diaries.
(d) New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
2. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
3. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
4. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
5. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)