|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
(d) Their mother's.
2. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
(a) They tried to correct them.
(b) They rejected them.
(c) They ignored them.
(d) They praised them.
3. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
(a) They were doing God's will.
(b) They were helping with its destruction.
(c) They were fueling the economy.
(d) They were being charitable in return.
4. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
5. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Ruby was poor.
(b) Ruby ran away.
(c) Ruby's parents told the police not to.
(d) Ruby was born into a polygamist family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
2. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
3. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
4. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
5. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)