|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
2. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
(a) His speeches.
3. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
4. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
(a) Being a priest.
(b) Being a salesman.
(c) Being a plumber.
(d) Being a writer.
5. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
(a) The patriarchy.
(b) The low standards of living.
(c) The strict rules.
(d) The number of children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
2. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
3. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
4. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
5. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)