|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
(a) The strict rules.
(b) The low standards of living.
(c) The number of children.
(d) The patriarchy.
2. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
(a) Blackmore was abusing her.
(b) Blackmore wanted to marry her daughter.
(c) She'd killed her husband.
(d) She'd cheated on her husband.
3. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
(a) His creativity.
(b) His worldliness.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His charisma.
4. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
(a) The girls are very attached to their families.
(b) The girls are raised to comply.
(c) There is strict security in the communities.
(d) The police are also polygamists.
5. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
(b) The seasons.
(c) His mother.
(d) A rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
2. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
3. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
4. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
5. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)