|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
(a) It could only happen if a woman was ovulating.
(b) It could only happen once a week.
(c) It could only happen when one was selected from the lottery.
(d) It could only happen on every anniversary.
2. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(a) The location of the Promised Land.
(c) The gender of God.
(d) Their rights as American citizens.
3. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
(a) The governor received a revelation from God.
(b) They became distracted by the Civil War.
(c) The public was sympathetic to the polygamist families.
(d) The Mormons were fueling the economy.
4. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
(a) His mother.
(b) The seasons.
(d) A rock.
5. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She wasn't abused.
(b) She wanted him to marry more women.
(c) She wanted another husband.
(d) She was afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
2. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
3. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
4. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
5. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)