|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
(a) His charisma.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His worldliness.
(d) His creativity.
2. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
3. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
(a) It could only happen if a woman was ovulating.
(b) It could only happen on every anniversary.
(c) It could only happen once a week.
(d) It could only happen when one was selected from the lottery.
4. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
(a) There is strict security in the communities.
(b) The police are also polygamists.
(c) The girls are raised to comply.
(d) The girls are very attached to their families.
5. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
(a) It was too bright out.
(b) It was written in old English.
(c) It was written in Egyptian.
(d) It was worn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
2. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
3. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
4. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
5. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)