|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
(a) He promised them eternal life.
(b) The treasure was fools gold.
(c) He never found any treasure.
(d) He lied about his identity.
2. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Ruby ran away.
(b) Ruby was poor.
(c) Ruby was born into a polygamist family.
(d) Ruby's parents told the police not to.
3. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) The books cite different eras.
(b) Mormonism is much younger.
(c) The angels discussed are different.
(d) The Bible is accepted as fact.
4. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
(b) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
(c) She was angry with her parents.
(d) She was very beautiful and kind.
5. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
2. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
3. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
4. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
5. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)