|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
(a) He polished the plates.
(b) Moroni gave him peep stones.
(c) He learned German.
(d) Moroni read them to him.
2. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
(a) He was a man and could do anything he wanted.
(b) Their marriage was ordained by God.
(c) He was temporarily insane and didn't realize what he was doing.
(d) Elizabeth asked him to save her from her family.
3. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
4. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he paid Moroni.
(b) If he prayed ten times a day.
(c) If he married Emma Harris.
(d) If he went to the mountain.
5. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
(a) Green spoke about his polygamist lifestyle on national news.
(b) Green was trying to take over the government.
(c) Leavitt was suing all polygamists.
(d) Green attempted to create a new sect of the LDS.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
2. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
3. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
4. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
5. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)