|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Ruby ran away.
(b) Ruby was poor.
(c) Ruby was born into a polygamist family.
(d) Ruby's parents told the police not to.
2. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
(a) His worldliness.
(b) His charisma.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His creativity.
3. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) She was very beautiful and kind.
(b) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
(c) She was angry with her parents.
(d) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
4. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
(a) It enhances his credibility.
(b) It gives credit to the contributors.
(c) It serves as a backdrop.
(d) It adds extra bulk to the book.
5. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
2. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
3. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
4. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
5. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)