|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he paid Moroni.
(b) If he prayed ten times a day.
(c) If he went to the mountain.
(d) If he married Emma Harris.
2. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
(b) 25 years.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) The death sentence.
3. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
(b) His speeches.
4. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
(a) Chicago Sun Times.
(b) Laffertys' diaries.
(c) Salt Lake Tribune.
(d) New York Times.
5. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) The Bible is accepted as fact.
(b) The books cite different eras.
(c) The angels discussed are different.
(d) Mormonism is much younger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
2. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
3. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
4. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
5. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)